Astrology has been around since time immemorial. It has survived the test of time because people continue to believe it and they appreciate the fact
that it allows them to catch a glimpse of what the future holds for them. However, it may be said that the reason why there are skeptics about astrology and horoscopes is that they believe the wrong things about the topic. They may have distorted information about astrology.
So here are the top ten major myths that people have about astrology.
1. They say that astrology is a pseudoscience
People say this because they think that astrology claims a lot of things especially in terms of the earth, moon, and sun’s movements. However, these are just simple reflections of the energies that are already in existence. Furthermore, astrology is not a pseudoscience as much of its concepts are built upon mathematical calculations.
2. Astrologers are just making up their predictions
This would be every astrologer’s wish so that their tasks become a lot easier. However, making a reading involves studying and observing the movements of the planets through the different houses.
3. Astrology proposes that there are only twelve different kinds of people
This is definitely not true. In fact, there is no limit as to how many kinds of people there are. Every birth date and time varies in relation to the positions of the houses and the different planets.
4. Astrology can predict one’s destiny
Astrology never predicts the exact things to happen including the exact time they will happen. It only predicts potentialities or those that may possibly happen. It also believes that people have the control over what can happen to them.
5. The most important part of a chart is the sun signs
This is not true. The truth is that each part or component of the chart is important as these tell us individual things such as personality, childhood, and other aspects.
6. The least important part of a chart is the sun signs
Just as mentioned in the previous number, each sign in the chart is important and contributes to the prediction that is made for every individual.
7. People should not date someone whom they are not compatible with
People have the wrong notion that astrology can pinpoint the person’s lifetime partner. But the truth is, there is no such person. Though some people whose stars and moons match find themselves really compatible, lifetime partners are really a product of concerted efforts, trust, and committed love.
8. Astrology is said to be true due to the gravitational pull of the planets on the person when he was born.
This is definitely so untrue! If we try to imagine how a baby is born, it is actually the doctor who had the greatest gravitational pull on the baby. So with this, astrology is true only because of synchronicity where two events that happen at the same time share the same energy.
9. Astrology can only be read in newspapers
This is not true all the time. Astrology really deals with angles and planets. Astrology in newspapers is just known to be a step above obituaries. Those written in such are just 12 possible events that can happen over a period of one day.
10. If one is born on the cusp of two signs, he is either like both of them or is like neither of them.
This is not true. When wanting to know one’s horoscope or astrology, it is important to know the exact time, date, and place of the person’s birth.
You Might Like to Read!
Latest posts by UniversalPsychicGuild (see all)
- Universal Psychic Guild Plays Matchmaker Using the Zodiac as Its Guide - February 9, 2016
- Pluto and Mars: The Treacherous Duo - February 3, 2016
- February’s Triangle of Positive Energy - February 2, 2016