Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Philosophersgate

On Being Psychic

Hi, everyone!

Its been awhile since we've had a discussion on what its like to be psychic. For those of you that have been here longer than I have, I am sure

that this is a subject that you feel has been beaten on thoroughly but perhaps there a few folks that would benefit from the discussion.

I have been giving much thought to whether doing readings are harmful or helpful. I have also been giving much thought as to my role and where to use my psychic ability, so, I thought that posting this would be helpful in sorting this out. This has been much more than in my thoughts. I've been in a particularly active phase where I am downloading a lot of information. Perhaps, this is for a pending shift in my own life but its also leading to my evaluation of the use of my abilities and whether I play a useful role in yours or other peoples lives in this regard. So, I hope that you will tolerate the exploration and I also hope that for those that are expanding their abilities that they gather something from my particular perspective.

Don't put too much weight on all that I write here. I am sure that I will discover many conflicting lines of thoughts.

By way of background, I want to attempt to lay out my particular journey to where we are. I am largely a reluctant psychic. I position myself as an an Ordinary Mystic because that title is fraught and wound with irony and tongue in cheekiness that none of this is that very serious but at the same time, its all important and worth doing...life, that is.

Hopefully, by laying this out, it may give you some particular insights into your own journey. So, forgive my extended biography, if it gets too long or convoluted.

This is all a study for me. What you will find, though, is that i have always been a person of deep study and extreme action.

I have formal training and degrees in the natural sciences, social sciences, philosophy, business, finance and economics. I've approached each with a level of rigor and have applied that same methodology in my exploration of psychic and other spiritual studies.

The things that I learn in any subject, I go out and apply them in the real world. I'm a learner and a doer and I have done that with psychic and healing modalities and continue to observe my own results. Its not always empirical but I am often able to apply a degree of empiricism while keeping in mind our natural cognitive biases as humans which can skew our view of causes and outcomes.

I've put my money where my mouth is. Over the last twenty years, I have likely spent more than $100,000 to immerse myself in learning about this subject. (Don't even ask me what it cost for me to learn what I have learned about business, investment and finance!).

So what am I in regards to psychic or like type abilities? Well, I have some tentative categories that I can put myself in but I struggle with the "truth" here because I haven't fully grasped all of its purpose.

Am I psychic? At this point, I have to say yes. I am all of the clairs...clairaudient, clairsentient, etc.

I am a medium.

I can astral project.

I am a healer.

...and I don't take it lightly, but I still don't know what to do with it. I remain skeptical of it all while, at the same time, I distinctly know when I have been delivered accurate information from the otherside. Sometimes, I am more doubtful of what I deliver when i search the edges of the information for clarity and meaning and purpose.

I'll be back to post more. Feel free to jump in with your own stuff or ask questions if you want. PG

I'll add on to this more later as right now I have to go to work. But, PG, I had guessed that you were a medium. And I am curious about this aspect because this is the one thing I cannot latch onto, but it's the one thing I'm not totally skeptical about regarding psychic phenomenon. Anyway, I'll be more specific when I get home and have time to post.

Also, PG, the thought has crossed my mind now and many a time: I would love to hear one of your lectures. You did teach, didn't you? I'm such a nerd. I love a good lecture or presentation and I think you'd deliver. haha

Great subject, I've been thinking about this too.

I think you are psychic, you have certainly got a lot right for me..freaked me out once or twice too, mainly with the future stuff you get. Your particular style is helpful. I think when it can become harmful is when the psychic tries to force stuff on you and doesn't take into account free will, or they see something and expand too much on it with their own thoughts rather than clairvoyantly...

I'm not sure what the purpose is other than evolution of the human mind. I used to think it was to help others but perhaps it is more for our personal use and to start an interest in others. There seems to be growing interest in all things psychic and spiritual.

It's role in our individual lives is perhaps to add a depth to our perception, a different viewpoint, and a new way to problem solve?

I like your perspective.

I'll add on to this more later as right now I have to go to work. But, PG, I had guessed that you were a medium. And I am curious about this aspect because this is the one thing I cannot latch onto, but it's the one thing I'm not totally skeptical about regarding psychic phenomenon. Anyway, I'll be more specific when I get home and have time to post.

Also, PG, the thought has crossed my mind now and many a time: I would love to hear one of your lectures. You did teach, didn't you? I'm such a nerd. I love a good lecture or presentation and I think you'd deliver. haha

You'll note that most of my "serious" readings are mediumship readings. I'll channel folks from the otherside and they give me all of the information. Its usually much more information and more complex than I am able to easily convey online. Its usually hard to keep the person that I am reading for engaged long enough to work through it all.

I think that I have said before that I am often suspect of information that pops in but if dead folks give it to me, I take it very seriously and its always accurate, though, it may take some time to work through the meaning.

As for teaching, I have taught but not in the form that you are thinking. Many of the people I advise have PhDs and are professors. I have been asked on occasion to instruct in their courses and often teach formally and informally to businesses and governments with which I am involved.

I have been encouraged to become a professor and maybe over the next couple of years, I may do that on an adjunct or specialty basis. I have a few areas where I would like to credentialize a certain set of expertises that I have and maybe formally teach executive education in Europe and do a little more think tank and policy work.

I'm really not an academic though. In fact, I am an anti-academic in many regards. I do participate at some level in a continuing debate on the shaping of higher education at a major eastern U.S. university so I do stay on top of some of the trends and challenges.

So, formal academic teaching may be on the agenda in the future but I would myself have to go back to school. I do have a standing offer in Europe but it doesnt fit my life at the moment.

I've always been the practical doer while building large caches of knowledge based on the particular business that I was growing or public policy on which I was advising.

So, I am not certain that I go in that direction, but I do think that I may be in a monumental shift of what I do and who I am.

BTW, if I am clairaudient and clairvoyant and if I do readings online does that make me an.......

....eClair....? :huh:

Hi, everyone!

Its been awhile since we've had a discussion on what its like to be psychic. For those of you that have been here longer than I have, I am sure

that this is a subject that you feel has been beaten on thoroughly but perhaps there a few folks that would benefit from the discussion.

I have been giving much thought to whether doing readings are harmful or helpful. I have also been giving much thought as to my role and where to use my psychic ability, so, I thought that posting this would be helpful in sorting this out. This has been much more than in my thoughts. I've been in a particularly active phase where I am downloading a lot of information. Perhaps, this is for a pending shift in my own life but its also leading to my evaluation of the use of my abilities and whether I play a useful role in yours or other peoples lives in this regard. So, I hope that you will tolerate the exploration and I also hope that for those that are expanding their abilities that they gather something from my particular perspective.

Don't put too much weight on all that I write here. I am sure that I will discover many conflicting lines of thoughts.

By way of background, I want to attempt to lay out my particular journey to where we are. I am largely a reluctant psychic. I position myself as an an Ordinary Mystic because that title is fraught and wound with irony and tongue in cheekiness that none of this is that very serious but at the same time, its all important and worth doing...life, that is.

Hopefully, by laying this out, it may give you some particular insights into your own journey. So, forgive my extended biography, if it gets too long or convoluted.

This is all a study for me. What you will find, though, is that i have always been a person of deep study and extreme action.

I have formal training and degrees in the natural sciences, social sciences, philosophy, business, finance and economics. I've approached each with a level of rigor and have applied that same methodology in my exploration of psychic and other spiritual studies.

The things that I learn in any subject, I go out and apply them in the real world. I'm a learner and a doer and I have done that with psychic and healing modalities and continue to observe my own results. Its not always empirical but I am often able to apply a degree of empiricism while keeping in mind our natural cognitive biases as humans which can skew our view of causes and outcomes.

I've put my money where my mouth is. Over the last twenty years, I have likely spent more than $100,000 to immerse myself in learning about this subject. (Don't even ask me what it cost for me to learn what I have learned about business, investment and finance!).

So what am I in regards to psychic or like type abilities? Well, I have some tentative categories that I can put myself in but I struggle with the "truth" here because I haven't fully grasped all of its purpose.

Am I psychic? At this point, I have to say yes. I am all of the clairs...clairaudient, clairsentient, etc.

I am a medium.

I can astral project.

I am a healer.

...and I don't take it lightly, but I still don't know what to do with it. I remain skeptical of it all while, at the same time, I distinctly know when I have been delivered accurate information from the otherside. Sometimes, I am more doubtful of what I deliver when i search the edges of the information for clarity and meaning and purpose.

I'll be back to post more. Feel free to jump in with your own stuff or ask questions if you want. PG

I'm starting to get the idea that readings are only useful for practice. We cannot really gain anything from it other than a sense of relief, have a little bit more preparation than what you would normally get.

I agree with that the abilities are there to be used as a learning tool.

Especially with cards. If you think about enough situations and learn from what these cards tell you, you could be wiser than those with a lot more years on you because they have been through your head already.

That's what I'm finding the real value is. Part of it is preparing, but if we are meticulous about what we do and become strong and confidence from inside out. I'm thinking it will basically accomplish what readings will do for us all the time

I got an idea after reading this thread that maybe you are about to graduate, so to speak. Growth, evolution. Like being born anew. Refinement, polishing. The true self, fully developed and matured. Actualization of the true self.

Dunno. Just ideas.

Perhaps, this is for a pending shift in my own life but its also leading to my evaluation of the use of my abilities and whether I play a useful role in yours or other peoples lives in this regard.

Hi PG

Personally, I think you're an amazing guy with fantastic psychic abilities. I've been in this forum for many years and I've met both online and real-life psychics, I can tell you that none of them comes anywhere close to your capabilities.

With great abilities comes great responsibilities.

If I had your psychic abilities, I would try to use my abilities to help people in distress. 'Old souls' like Jesus, Buddha and other saints don't live only for themselves. They try to alleviate other people's sufferings too.

There are many people who need answers to their problems and you did play a useful role in my life.

So keep up the good work!

I know what I would do if I had your capabilities.....

Since we've already touched on mediumship, I thought I would write a little about how that tends to work in my case. Being a medium was not something that I had interest in when I first started to learn about psychic stuff.

In fact, when I started to learn about psychic phenomenon in general, I had no real interest in being psychic myself. However, I have always had a high level of what I would call "survival intuition".

Like I said before, all of my "real" readings are mediumship readings. I distinguish this from "reading someones mind". When in the presence of someone, or for that matter anyone that I connect with, even over the internet, I can usually tune into their current state, thoughts and emotions. I choose to do that less often because it can be quite draining.

Mediumship readings normally occur when the otherside has a particular message to deliver. What I observe is that mostly they show love and support and its a reminder that we are not alone. Often, the otherside will show up for someone when they are at some juncture on their life path.

There seems to be a critical set of conditions that must occur for them to appear and to deliver a message.

I have a particular pattern that I go through during these types of readings.

The first part is to actually connect with the energy of the person I am reading. More importantly, is to connect with the folks on the otherside that want to deliver the message.

My guides are the conduit to make that connection to the dead. The bring in the most helpful energy.

Normally, if there is a message to be delivered, the otherside very easily comes through. They are not reluctant to deliver the message because none of it would come together if it wasnt suppose to happen. That is, if it wasnt in the best interest of everyone.

Now, I am not saying that you can't channel spirits for ill intentions. Its just a place that I choose not to go and I leave it to my guides to ensure that we are working for the best purposes.

Later, I may write about guides if some are interested. This is the real key to establishing a connection, i believe.

So, when this connection to the readee's deceased loved ones occurs, i feel the spirits presence come in and then I will normally get a picture of the person that the spirit was while on earth and then sort of a knowing of description.

Here, we begin a validation phase.

Many times, the spirit that shows up may not be the person that was most close or the first one that someone would think of when thinking of a decease loved one. I dont know all of the reasons for this but most of the time it seems to be that there was something so unusual or unique that they could deliver that only the person being read for would get it and that alone would be a great validation for them.

If you look back over the readings that I have done, you will find many, many examples of this.

So, after that spirit steps forward and gives me some clues on who they are, then, they may give some other past information that helps validate and then they may give some present information that validates.

Now, this is not the real reading. This is just to get everyones attention. To raise the belief level so that you're receptive to the stuff that comes next that is not possible to validate.

The next part that comes after that is usually the message to be delivered. It can be a deep soul purpose reading complete with past lives and healing or it can be as simple as "we are with you, support you and love you".

So most of the readings that I am primed to do are these "soul and spiritual healing readings" which sometimes result in physical healing because its all connected but mostly, the readings are a nudge along your life path and purpose and help to connect you back to who you really are as a spirit. In essence, to help you detach from this earth bound self. You know, in the world but not of the world.

Its sort of whatever the person needs at that time.

And, this is critical: You can't force the reading to happen. Sometimes, its not the right time. People are at different places on the path.

Also, folks can be so stuck in their patterns that their own will overrides any nudge from the otherside. In some cases, that's why the otherside is trying to deliver the message because the person needs the nudge. It may take many nudges to get the person back on track or they may never choose to get back on track.

I have seen many examples where someone could choose a better suited path for this life. I can usually even see the "fork in the road" of that choice and see varying outcomes for after the choice is made.

I've had a great "experiment" on this on readings that I have done over last half dozen years for a professional psychic. Since she is so attuned to how all of this happens, we have been able to observe these junctures and possible outcomes. Now, we can almost chart outcomes based on the decisions that she makes in her life. I can even note when she makes a firm decision by the "seeing" the change in her future energy and path.

Needless to say, the symbols, messages and relationships that are shown by the otherside to me are subject to interpretation. Usually, there is no way for me to interpret what is initially delivered for validation because its is so unique and personal to the person being read.

I am a medium.

I can astral project.

I am a healer.

My dear friend,

Are psychic readings helpful or harmful? It would depend upon if the psychic has purified their being. Purity of thought, word and deed would have to always first. Purity of intent. You my dear are a clear channel. At this point, I would not attempt to do a reading per say unless I finished clearing myself completely.

The reading you gave to me was so perfect in timing and need there is no need of arguing that point. I needed everything you gave me to complete a trip and task I had just recently. The biggest thing I got was faith.

Lady, I had never thought of it that way. To me it seemed like whether readings were helpful or not based on how the recipient acted (or didn't) on them. But it does depend on the psychic as well. They need to make a responsible decision on whether to give certain information or not.

Mediumship itself fascinates me. I have never experienced communication, but I have felt and seen what may be the equivalent of ghosts (non living entities/energies). And while I realize that the mind plays tricks, I've experienced it enough to confirm that energies from other planes can make their presence known here...or I hallucinate every once in a while. :lol:

And this is why I fully keep in mind PG's readings. They have been accurate for me, both timing wise and in regards to what events happen. And immediately after he stated the source I was like "yes, that is who I know is guiding me." As I have gotten "visits" during my teenage years shortly after she passed away.

PG, I picture you ended up in Europe. I can't remember if you've mentioned it before, but there was something last year that you mentioned about deciding whether to embark on some new venture and I assumed it was in Europe and was thinking that you would, but later down the line. Like next year.

I appreciate all of the input!

I sort of had a way I was going to approach this thread but would rather others post about how they receive things psychically or ask questions about becoming or being psychic and maybe I, and others, can be helpful.

Lady, I had never thought of it that way. To me it seemed like whether readings were helpful or not based on how the recipient acted (or didn't) on them. But it does depend on the psychic as well. They need to make a responsible decision on whether to give certain information or not.

Mediumship itself fascinates me. I have never experienced communication, but I have felt and seen what may be the equivalent of ghosts (non living entities/energies). And while I realize that the mind plays tricks, I've experienced it enough to confirm that energies from other planes can make their presence known here...or I hallucinate every once in a while. :lol:

And this is why I fully keep in mind PG's readings. They have been accurate for me, both timing wise and in regards to what events happen. And immediately after he stated the source I was like "yes, that is who I know is guiding me." As I have gotten "visits" during my teenage years shortly after she passed away.

PG, I picture you ended up in Europe. I can't remember if you've mentioned it before, but there was something last year that you mentioned about deciding whether to embark on some new venture and I assumed it was in Europe and was thinking that you would, but later down the line. Like next year.

Moopurple, yes, there is so much that goes in to it. It's fascinating and such a wonderful gift.

I appreciate all of the input!

I sort of had a way I was going to approach this thread but would rather others post about how they receive things psychically or ask questions about becoming or being psychic and maybe I, and others, can be helpful.

I've received things all different ways. I have no idea why. I've had printed words in my minds eye when it's been another language, symbols, videos (so to speak) pictures. Spirits appear. My guides and others' guides grace me with their presence. I've had my Higher Self speak to me when I was deep in though on something that was important to my path. I was speaking to my husband about something very important and I could her a male Guide speaking the same words that were coming out of my mouth as I was saying them (but not controlling them). Sometimes I just know things. Some thought just come into my mind that I wasn't thinking about.

To add further. I do not control any of this. Maybe you could share about how you learned to control your gifts?

One area that I forgot to mention I can feel emotion and feel spirits energy and feel touch as if they are of this plane.

I've received things all different ways. I have no idea why. I've had printed words in my minds eye when it's been another language, symbols, videos (so to speak) pictures. Spirits appear. My guides and others' guides grace me with their presence. I've had my Higher Self speak to me when I was deep in though on something that was important to my path. I was speaking to my husband about something very important and I could her a male Guide speaking the same words that were coming out of my mouth as I was saying them (but not controlling them). Sometimes I just know things. Some thought just come into my mind that I wasn't thinking about.

To add further. I do not control any of this. Maybe you could share about how you learned to control your gifts?

I think that I have mostly developed more control by practice. My default, though, is to ask my guides to come in to help if I have a problem turning it on or off.

Like a lot of things in life, intent and positive expectation goes a long way. So if I want to turn my sight on, I can.

Now, sometimes though, I can have a spirit come in that wants to pass on a message and they will bug me constantly til I find a way to pass on the message. I had a period where unwanted spirits would come in but it seems that my guides and angels keep those away from me now. I feel that I have lots of protection.

I get information in many forms just like you do.

So, I guess my recommendation is to just practice tuning in and tuning out. I guess, in some ways, its just like working a muscle.

One of the things that I wanted to mention is that its quite an honor when loved ones from the otherside show up to express their love and to give advice, direction and support.

It should also be said that you don't need a medium to connect with your loved ones. You can do that simply by thinking of them and then just being with it all meditatively to bring it all in.

I think what blocks us from connecting with the other side or higher self or our own intuition is our own anxieties, attachments, compulsions and emotions. Maybe this is the bridge that a psychic, a medium or just a very good, insightful friend can play in our own lives.

One of the things that I am prayerfully considering is to help those of you that are interested to connect to your loved ones on the otherside and your guides.

With many, we have connected with loved ones as they are the ones that have provided the information that is delivered.

I'm still thinking and meditating on this on how to proceed.

I think its a great step in deepening your spiritual practice when you connect with your guides and learn to quietly communicate with and listen to them.

For those of you that are consciously connected to your guides, could you let us know how that happened for you and how your now connect with them?

I used to be connected and lost that connection. Or rather, it's not a conscious connection for me anymore. I used to get clear messages, now it's rather foggy. But I feel the clear messages were during a time that I was struggling most emotionally and I basically needed to be shouted at to hear. Now I don't resist as much and am in a really good place mentally so the guidance isn't quite as clear.

I've been meditating recently trying to get to a new level of connection. Basically just as a calming exercise. We'll see if I form any conscious connection again.

I used to be connected and lost that connection. Or rather, it's not a conscious connection for me anymore. I used to get clear messages, now it's rather foggy. But I feel the clear messages were during a time that I was struggling most emotionally and I basically needed to be shouted at to hear. Now I don't resist as much and am in a really good place mentally so the guidance isn't quite as clear.

I've been meditating recently trying to get to a new level of connection. Basically just as a calming exercise. We'll see if I form any conscious connection again.

For you, Moopurple, connecting with your Grandmother from Cyprus is a direct link to the otherside. Overtime, she will connect you with specific guides that will help you on your life mission.

Often a connection to a loved one that has passed is the best way to link to the otherside.

For me, I was connected by an energy worker to my primary guide. After the connection, a name came to me: Hebron.

After some research into the etymology of the word Hebron (since, at that time, I had never heard the word), I discovered that one meaning of it is "friend".

So, Hebron, has guided my team and been my main advisor since. I have others, some of whom I have shared this life with, that also come in.

But, Hebron made himself known first. Interestingly, he shows up to me sort of dressed like an Obi Wan Kinobi type character but really has a Roman senator feel.

I have a host of angels and guides that I am able to personify. Its a team that gives me great comfort. On that team for me are AA Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael. Eziel. I have a guide named Degan. She has helped me to open my heart. I see a team of six "surgeons" who are powerful and healing angels and then there are the 5 Masters. They appear to me dressed as Catholic monks in brown robes and their wisdom is deep and endless.

There are other guides that show up with them that I cannot yet identify or personify but I feel their presence. My team of guides and angels will come in by me first calling on Hebron and he "assembles" the team and the show up on "stage" from left to right and top to bottom.

Then, this image of them will be viewed from a birds eye and its as if they (and I) are in a stadium and we are surrounded by tens of thousands of angels sitting in the "stands".

What I know at this stage is that my team in an innumerable number of angels. Its overwhelming to know such a connection.

I also have people that I have known to show up. Mother. Father. Grandparents. Friends.

One that has particularly guided me is a psychic that I knew who passed many years ago named Diane. I didnt know Diane well but she was one of the first psychics that I got a reading from so she set me on this course. Her readings were the most remarkably accurate that I have ever had, so, I am thankful for her guidance on this and the otherside. She was the coolest. Flaming red haired Jewish woman. She also introduced me to my first energy healer who did Barbara Brennan type work who, in turn, connected me to my guides and many of my past lives.

(I've always thought it was so very cool that I grew up in a Christian community; developed a real interest in Buddhism and Eastern Philosophy and was introduced to much of my spiritual, healing and psychic practices by two Jewish ladies!)

She's been around me a lot the last week alerting me to some pending changes so I've been working with that energy alot and, interestingly, have been extraordinarily psychic. I should play the lottery :lol: .

She is the one who gave me the concept of what a real reading is. It has to be specific and with unique information that only the person being read could know or relate with.

You know....you've had those readings where the "psychic' starts saying things like..."I see blue...and it turns to yellow and there is bright light...oh, and a unicorn... and daisies and then, I see a big ocean...". What the hell does that mean?! What it means is that you just paid $100 to a looney toon...or, maybe, you are the looney toon... :lol:

Anyway, I digress...

I am very thankful for my connection to my guides, angels and loved ones. It sustains me.

I have a host of angels and guides that I am able to personify. Its a team that gives me great comfort. On that team for me are AA Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael. Eziel. I have a guide named Degan. She has helped me to open my heart. I see a team of six "surgeons" who are powerful and healing angels and then there are the 5 Masters. They appear to me dressed as Catholic monks in brown robes and their wisdom is deep and endless.

There are other guides that show up with them that I cannot yet identify or personify but I feel their presence. My team of guides and angels will come in by me first calling on Hebron and he "assembles" the team and the show up on "stage" from left to right and top to bottom.

Then, this image of them will be viewed from a birds eye and its as if they (and I) are in a stadium and we are surrounded by tens of thousands of angels sitting in the "stands".

What I know at this stage is that my team in an innumerable number of angels. Its overwhelming to know such a connection.

That's awesome.

Hi PG

Personally, I think you're an amazing guy with fantastic psychic abilities. I've been in this forum for many years and I've met both online and real-life psychics, I can tell you that none of them comes anywhere close to your capabilities.

With great abilities comes great responsibilities.

If I had your psychic abilities, I would try to use my abilities to help people in distress. 'Old souls' like Jesus, Buddha and other saints don't live only for themselves. They try to alleviate other people's sufferings too.

There are many people who need answers to their problems and you did play a useful role in my life.

So keep up the good work!

I know what I would do if I had your capabilities.....

Hi, Alex,

What would (will) you do with your growing abilities?

I find that I am not inclined to do anything in particular. I think that helping my family is the most that I can do by using my intuition to help figure out how they can change their direction if they are heading in the wrong one. I've never been interested in doing personal readings as it takes a lot of time and energy.

I think that intuitively we can only read the direction of that the current energy is taking and try to give some input in how to change that direction if the results of the current direction will be unpleasant.

Additionally, that's why I started this thread as I am being introspective on the purpose of reading. In reality, readings are not very useful unless both parties are really working hard to evolve. So, that's why I am interested in your response.

I do see some usefulness in it helping to develop hope and faith in a time of struggle. But, I don't ever think that I will hang my shingle out as a psychic and spiritual adviser.

I feel in most cases that people are better served having a trustworthy friend to share their problems with rather than a psychic.

Again, I'm turning all of this over in my mind as I try to choose a meaningful direction with all of this.

What would (will) you do with your growing abilities?

Hi PG

There are many people (and other beings) suffering in the world right now.

If I had your abilities, I would try to enlighten people why it's wrong to do certain things that is acceptable to most people now eg. killing animals for food.

Every time I pass through a bunch of chickens who are cooped up in tiny cages within sight of their fellow chickens in which their throats are being slit and then thrown together with the other chickens alive into boiling water, jumping up and down and screaming, it really saddens me. I've also seen frogs being skinned alive with their legs still moving.

I also saw homeless people sleeping on the streets and struggling with hunger.

Telling people the cause and effects of their actions was fruitless in the past as most people just won't believe what I said. If I could somehow see/know their past events in this lifetime and their past lifetimes, I would gain credibility among them and they would be more willing to hear what I say.

There are also people who are suffering from very painful diseases. I've met a few evolved people who offer free energy healing sessions for people with diseases but they're very rare. These are some examples on how these spiritually evolved beings help others in their free time.

I know we all have limited resources and time but surely we can put aside some of our free time (at least 1%) to help others (who are not from our own family) financially, physically and/or spiritually.

By the way, I don't feel my psychic abilities growing though. Maybe it will take a few more lifetimes of meditation. :lol:

Thanks for that input, Alex.

I have to admit that I have reached that point in my life where I believe that people are going to do what they want to do and any observations or recommendations or insights from me or anyone else will be ignored. I know that is a jaded view.

I have hoped that I could help others connect more consciously with their eternal self which may help give more perspective on their suffering, but I feel that largely my efforts have been fruitless.

That brings me full circle in forty years of studying spiritual pursuits to a point of still searching for meaning. I am back to where I began.

I do find it odd and perplexing after all of these decades of arduous study to have very little interest anymore in being psychic and certainly no interest in becoming a holy man or teacher or, what is most perplexing because of my love for learning, even being a student.

I really think that in these things, no one can really be a guide or teacher or guru. This is a self guided pursuit. A lone venture.

I agree with PG fully. It's not a jaded view, but a realistic view. It is very hard to change views in a person who isn't actively seeking change.

Right and wrong is relative. Meat may be an immoral food to consume to you, but to another it is what animals were made for. There are a lot of people convinced that animals do not have any thoughts beyond basic instinct. There is such a variation on belief, to get a society, let alone a community, on board with one idea is nearly impossible without some really powerful force behind it.

Even if you are credible, if your views are not agreed with, advice will not be heeded. Sometimes even if they do see your point, no further consideration will be taken.

Also I don't think that just because someone has these abilities, it is their responsibility to be a moral coach for the world.

Regarding teaching the world what you believe to be right and wrong, psychic ability doesn't mean credibility in my eyes. But the average person can still use observation and research to present an incredibly persuasive argument that I will listen to and regard as more meaningful. Pebbles contribute to rock slides...