Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nana1987

Can you become psychic?

Hi I was wondering if people with psychic abilities developed them with practice or if they were a gift and an innate ability?

Can someone who isn't psychic learn? I know we all are a bit psychic, but only a few know how to use those abilities.

Also, even though I'm not psychic I noticed that I can feel energies or something like that. Like the other week something bad happened one morning and the day before I kept feeling really bad for no reason. My friend told me that it seems like I absorb energies a lot, but that is bad in a way because I absorb the bad energies too. What can I do to control this better as a non-psychic?

As for absorbing energies, there is a post in the "Meditation" section called "Finding Center" that may be helpful.

These meditative practices with powerful breath and movement are the most effective ways of smoothing our energy and work remarkably well and helping to enhance our intuitive abilities and physical and mental health.

I would encourage anyone to have a regular practice like this well before they develop their psychic or healing abilities. Without it, you will process lots of energies which may or may not be healthy.

There are many modalities and the ones in the Meditation posts are simple methods to learn but most of the well known Tai Chi or Yoga methods will get you there.

However, I think that the approach should be that these are meditative sessions which you may not find in many modern yoga classes.

Thank you Philosopher!

I guess I was just curious, although I don't think I'm cut to be a psychic because I think I would get too stressed out or something. I'm a chicken in that sense.

But as far as the meditation advice goes, I will learn more about it. I do think that my friend is correct and that I absorb a lot of energies. Maybe that's why I don't like too much being in crowds under certain circumstances. Like for example, I don't mind being in a crowd of people at an art show, the botanical garden, or at a place where people are having "healthy" fun. But I don't like crowds at night in the areas where there are dance clubs, and I don't like the cigarettes and alcohol. I love dancing though, and I love parties too, but sometimes the place feels better, like people are really there just to have fun and enjoy their friends, while in some other instances the energy feels too heavy. Some might think it is because I got older, but I stopped liking that at around age 22, maybe before I was not absorbing as much energy from others? I don't know.

I'm pretty much the same way with crowds.

When I read for you, what I picked up is that you are pretty connected to the "information highway". Its related to that deep sensitivity that you have.

Some old tribal folks would have said that you can "read the wind". You are able to sense subtle, and not so subtle, shifts in energy.

You may not be able to put your finger on what it is or not even allow it into consciousness but I bet that there are many times that you developed a sense that something would change or that something positive or negative was about to occur.

This is a good sign that you would be able to develop strong "conscious" psychic abilities if you chose to work on them.

So, the general answer is yes that most people can become more psychic just as most people can learn to run better. Not everyone can become an olympic runner and there probably are people who are impaired that cant develop abilities.

In your case, you have very strong psychic potential. I would even bet you had a relative that was psychic. Maybe an aunt or great aunt on your mothers side of the family I feel. Was there a Mary or Marybeth?

I'm pretty much the same way with crowds.

When I read for you, what I picked up is that you are pretty connected to the "information highway". Its related to that deep sensitivity that you have.

Some old tribal folks would have said that you can "read the wind". You are able to sense subtle, and not so subtle, shifts in energy.

You may not be able to put your finger on what it is or not even allow it into consciousness but I bet that there are many times that you developed a sense that something would change or that something positive or negative was about to occur.

This is a good sign that you would be able to develop strong "conscious" psychic abilities if you chose to work on them.

So, the general answer is yes that most people can become more psychic just as most people can learn to run better. Not everyone can become an olympic runner and there probably are people who are impaired that cant develop abilities.

In your case, you have very strong psychic potential. I would even bet you had a relative that was psychic. Maybe an aunt or great aunt on your mothers side of the family I feel. Was there a Mary or Marybeth?

I don't know if there are any psychic, per say, in my family. But maybe we have that psychic potential, since we are all kinda similar in nature. Is funny that you mentioned the tribal folks since I was reading a compilation of quotes from a book called Native American Wisdom just today. I haven't read anything like this before, but I just feel very overwhelmed with Western culture sometimes, so I took this book from the library (is part of my project too).

I really felt connected with their thoughts, and I imagined how frustrating it probably was for them to endure all the injustices they lived. I'm Latin American, mainly of Spaniard descent so most people will say that I'm white or that I look white (a white person with dark hair and brown eyes), and I know that Spaniards together with other Europeans caused a lot of pain to the tribes. And I felt sorry for their loss, and for our own loss, because we could've created a much better world if we had adopted more of their knowledge.

There is Ana Maria, or Anne Mary in my family, probably one of the nicest and most genuine people you could ever meet. She is not psychic, but my mom and her saw a good spirit from heaven when they were little. They were together, they were old enough to remember well and know that it wasn't a dream, that they saw it while awake, and it talked to them, but they don't remember what was said.

I believe them... there have been other very sensitive people in my family, and for a Latin family some of them are too calmed. Or the ones that are more outgoing, like Ana M., are very sociable but in a very innocent and child-like manner.

One of the images I get after our chat in PM is of a black and white picture.

It has a number of people in the frame but there are two women standing near each other that are likely related and one in particular is in the forefront with a big smile, dark hair and light colored dress of the style that you would expect from 1950.

I believe this to be a great aunt bringing this energy forward. Could this be a Marie also? or MB.

So, think back to a grandmother on your mother's side and see if she had a sister that you would have a connection to.

Did anyone live in a town that started with a "P"? Doesnt seem to be an English word.

It has sort of a European feel. Its confusing because I want to say Italian and Portuguese and Brazil. Maybe P and Z prominent in the word.

I know you have a connection to Spain but do you also have connection to Portugal or Brazil which speaks Portuguese?

You seem to have a number of people on the otherside waiting for you to invite them forward that support you.

I didn't have to think too hard, I know which great aunt you're talking about, her name didn't have the MB initials though, but yes she loved me a lot and she died when I was only two. Even though I don't remember her I grew up feeling that I loved her a lot too, maybe because my mom told me stories about her and about how much she loved me, I'm not sure why, but I've always felt that I love her too. She also seemed to have a personality very similar to that of my aunt AM.

My great-grandmother, which is probably the other lady you see, has the initials MT. She died when I was 15.

The town starting with a P doesn't ring a bell to me now. But, you are correct about the connection with Brazil, and indirectly with Italy and Portugal. This is not a blood connection, but I did learn Portuguese as an adult, and I learned it perfectly, better than English (which I learned as a teenager), and I have a very strong connection to Brazil and its people. In particular with a Brazilian of direct Italian ancestry who also has some Portuguese blood. Brazilians have told me that I am one of them, and I feel a little bit Brazilian in my heart.

How can I invite the people on the other side forward? And what does that mean? Do they want to help me? Or what exactly does it mean?

Oh, I was about to come back and write that the P and Z sound I heard was the word "Portuguese".

I just kept seeing a map of Portugal, Spain, Italy and then Brazil.

Your great aunt was just tying together this unique connection that you could identify with.

Most people in the world would not have a common connection with Italy, Portugal, Spain, Brazil and speaking portuguese. Nor do most people have a knowing connection to a great aunt.

And I picked up the Mary/Maria which there may be many in your family and likely the Marybeth was the running together of the many names and may have been mistranslated by me for your grandmothers name MT. This similar sounds and names are another type of validation.

So, this is the othersides way of validating that they see what you are doing and that you are not alone. The people that you knew here on earth can serve as a familiar and safe connection to the otherside. Later you can use that to connect to other guides and angels but of course, you can also just talk directly to God or Jesus, or Mother Mary or Buddha but, the people that you knew here are able to give you some very unique validation so that you can say to yourself, "Wow...they really are with us!"

They are showing up now (and there are many more than just your great aunt) to show you support and bolster your faith as you move through this time of change.

So, your great aunt, who loved you so much, still loves you and expresses that love to you along with others that you have share time with on this earth in many incarnations along with a host of angels and guides that are too many to number.

They are really validating your life path. They seem to indicate to me that you have just embarked on a journey that will carry you over the next several years to a life path that you laid out for yourself before you were born.

Its sort of a congratulations and an affirmation for taking a first step and you can draw on them for strength, support and direction in the days to come.

Very well done.

Blessings!

PG

Also, I noted that you had 99 posts when I read this. I think you will find the angel number 99 interesting:

Put your unique talents and personality traits into use as they are needed the most right now! Your virtuous life purpose is now needed more than ever. If you can do anything to improve the life of others or your own life, then don’t hesitate to do it. People around you need more love and happiness. You will figure out how to make it happen. Preparations to get ready for your life purpose are now finished.

PG Thank you so much!!! :)

Words can't express the hope I feel. I was very impressed with all of the things you were able to tell me, even if some letters or name had different variants, but definitely you picked up on very important details, and I feel very encourage and happy to know that I'm not alone.

Thanks for the validation! Hugs :angel:

Sure!

Ask questions if you want.

Does the word or name Verian have meaning to you?

Mmmmm Verian?? No... not at this point.

But I actually have a question, although it isn't related to my project.

There is something that weighs very heavily on my heart. I was married before and I left that marriage because something didn't seem to be working. After getting divorced, I started a relationship with my current boyfriend. When the rosy glasses came off, I came to the conclusion that relationships only work when you put a lot of effort into them, and I started feeling very guilty about leaving my previous marriage. I felt as if having this knowledge before would have prevented me from leaving, but because I didn't know it I left. I feel guilty with my ex-husband. I'm still in my 20's so that gives you some perspective, I was very young when I married the first time.

I feel like the only way I can move on is to make sure that my ex-husband is happy, I don't know how to explain this feeling, but I just want to make sure that he will be happy. I love my boyfriend now, and he is always willing to work on the relationship, I initially wanted this relationship to move forward, but when I realized that it wasn't about who but rather how I treat my relationships, I feel like I can't move forward in the relationship until I know that my ex will find another person to love. I feel like I would like to see him happy and married again, not necessarily with me, but since I wasn't that wife for him, I would like him to find a good wife.

How can I stop feeling like this? And does it mean anything? When will he get another wife? And how about my current boyfriend?

How can I stop feeling like this? And does it mean anything? When will he get another wife? And how about my current boyfriend?

I think you feel that when you ex is back in a "permanent" relationship that you will no longer feel guilty for leaving the marriage. Its really not your job to "make him happy" so that you feel less guilty.

Its his job to make himself happy. Its your job to deal with your own guilt.

It seems that you are taking the lessons learned from the first relationship and applying them to your current relationship.

I see your ex in a relationship in about two years or so.

As for your current boyfriend, are you asking if the two of you get married?

I am not clear on that. It seems that the two of you will have to come to agreement or compromise on a few issues before you can get to that point. Or, at least, if you don't come to compromise, these issues will cause problems in your marriage later but seems you both want to work on it all.

This is all part of a deeper soul mission of yours in regards to how you compromise in relationships.

Thank you PG,

My only conclusion is that life is weird. I also want to add that one time I had a past life regression and supposedly my ex-husband was one of my sons (and I was a male). I take it with a grain of salt since it seemed like I was just making up this story in my mind. That was the only time I ever had a regression.

With my boyfriend, I guess it's weird too, since I embarked this relationship with the idea that he would be my last relationship or I would stay single for the rest of my life. Sounds drastic, but my great-grandmother was a young widower and decided never to marry again. The reason is that I just don't want to be jumping from one of these types of relationships to the next, it is draining to me. Especially now that I firmly believe that as long as you are with a genuinely good person it is about how and not who. There isn't "the one", there are options and it is about how each person in the relationship decides to treat the other. Coming from divorced parents wasn't probably the best example at an early age, but now my own experience has taught me better.

Hi I was wondering if people with psychic abilities developed them with practice or if they were a gift and an innate ability?

I hope I am not too late to give you an answer.

All of us have the ability to become psychic. Psychic abilities are developed mainly through meditation.

Those who have an innate ability but have never meditated in this life can be explained by their meditation practices in previous lifetimes. We continue where we left off in previous lifetimes.

I hope I am not too late to give you an answer.

All of us have the ability to become psychic. Psychic abilities are developed mainly through meditation.

Those who have an innate ability but have never meditated in this life can be explained by their meditation practices in previous lifetimes. We continue where we left off in previous lifetimes.

Thanks for your answer Alex.

I will be checking out some meditation tips.

I wonder if guided meditation has many of the same great effects of regular meditation?

Just a thought since many beginners find it hard at first, but guided meditations seem to be very calming and to raise awareness as well.

Just a thought since many beginners find it hard at first, but guided meditations seem to be very calming and to raise awareness as well.

Some beginners find it quite easy while some find it very difficult. It all depends on whether we have done meditation in our past lives or not.

If you're really a beginner, then start off with short meditation of just a few minutes and then increase it as time goes by.

It's difficult to quiet our mind while being conscious for more than a few minutes.

Some Buddhist monks can meditate continuosly for 2 hours per day.

I will follow that advice. I also found out that the Native Americans were into meditation too... although they refer to it as being in silence and still, which I thought was really interesting since I was reading about them and they were really in touch with their souls and nature and could foresee the future. Thank you, Alex!

I just posted a new topic asking if anyone could see if I was developing abilities, I guess I should have read this post first.

So for anyone who hasn't read my post can you tell if I'm developing them. I can't see through my third eye or anything like that but I'm beginning to

pick up on people's energies, like when I look at them or a photo of them I can sense so much more.

Sometimes I feel like certain people are meant to be in my life, even for a short while. Other times I have an extra sensory awareness of them.

Please tell me I'm not going mad!

Happy days