Universal Psychic Guild Forum
harleynight

The dark

Sometimes the dark scares me and other times I love it. Sometimes it creeps me out, making me feel like I'm not alone. Like someone is there with me but not in a good way. It is weird and I sometimes feel it goes back to my childhood. I remember as a child the stairs were open stairs so you could see behind, and I used to feel like someone was hiding back there. Like I sometimes saw eyes looking at me. Just so weird.

Out of general curiosity, doesn't this happen to everyone? I feel it is an instinctual response because we have such horrible night vision. I always see things in the dark.

I wonder what others have to say? I would add more but I gotta run to work! :P

Yeah...seems we're conditioned as children to be afraid of the dark... the dark is where monsters and ghouls lurk... I used to be deathly scared of the dark as a child and just of the night, in general.. I slept with the light on in my room for years as a kid.. I can't remember if I decided to get over my fear on my own or if my parents made me turn off the light, but when the light was off, then I slept with the blanket over my head, hands clenched, with just my nose poked out for years.....

Now, as an adult, I embrace the night... I find it comforting and would much rather be up at night than in the day. When it's time to sleep, I have to have the light off..I don't want any electricity on...no tv, no fans, no cell phone, etc... I want peace, and quiet, and darkness.

HOWEVER, if I make the mistake of watching a scary movie, then on goes my light! ha

We aren't actually conditioned as children to be afraid of the dark. It is something we are all born with and it can be enhanced or discouraged. If it were conditioned, it would not be a universal trait.

It's most likely an evolved trait, advantageous due to heightened awareness in the dark. We become hypersensitive to sound, movement, and light because our ancestors passed down this fear trait. It is a survival mechanism and present in all animals who are not nocturnal or adapted to various light ranges. While it seems like irrational fear these days, think of when there were large predators lurking in the night.

You have a better chance of avoiding being sensed by an actual predator if you're freezing at every little sound and motion rather than stomping about willy nilly while there is a large cat stalking you...you will not pick up on him due to having such inferior night adaptations in comparison. Whether or not you actually heard the cat or are just imagining things, the more paranoid you are, the more likely you are to avoid detection! Survival. :)

Sometimes the dark scares me and other times I love it. Sometimes it creeps me out, making me feel like I'm not alone. Like someone is there with me but not in a good way. It is weird and I sometimes feel it goes back to my childhood. I remember as a child the stairs were open stairs so you could see behind, and I used to feel like someone was hiding back there. Like I sometimes saw eyes looking at me. Just so weird.

There are spiritual entities all around us. It's a fact of life even though we can't see them.

Even if you switch on the lights, they'll still be there.

Just be confident of yourself and always maintain a high vibration.