Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nana1987

Do people create their destiny, or does destiny create people?

I was feeling blue yesterday and even a little blue today. I know is normal to feel happy sometimes and sometimes down, that's how I've been feeling as of lately.

The problem is that I'm feeling really demotivated, I believe my own advice about never giving up, but I no longer know where to turn. I'm not saying this from a stance of entitlement, it is because I've worked so hard and put so much effort that I feel demotivated because I still don't see the fruits. Everyone acknowledges that I'm smart, that I work very hard, and many say that I'm a good person. I just don't know anymore, I don't understand why I've encountered so many obstacles and so much resistance. I mean I know why, I understand that it has helped me to build character, but I feel like I no longer know where to turn.

That being said, I keep seeing that sometimes when people least expect it they simply find their destination. I'm not saying that they didn't work hard in the process, but even if they have been working hard luck eluded them but then something big happened and things just aligned without them actually having caused the big event that changed their lives. At the same time, some people get good opportunities all of the time, I've seen this too, is like life keeps presenting them with their destiny.

For instance, when my brother and I were young a psychic told my mom that my dad wasn't going to be the love of her life, that he wasn't the one for her and that she was going to move to a foreign country and marry a foreign man. My mom didn't believe any of this because she had two young children, was head over heels in love with my dad (who was never a good loving husband to her), and she felt trapped in a bad situation because she married my dad too young and while he was a professional she left university mid-way her studies to marry my dad and move to another city. When she tried to go back to school she already had us and my dad was totally unsupportive of her efforts and always controlled her with the finances. She felt that she depended on my dad and since she had never built a career she felt hopeless. However, years later my mom had an accident when I was 11 and she almost died and after that something changed in her mind (nothing else changed). Without having to do anything her destiny unfolded as the psychic had told her and within 2 years opportunities came her way without her looking for them. She ended up moving to the US with a tourist visa and already had a job waiting for her cleaning houses, there she met her husband and they have been married for 15 years and are still happy and in love. She still cleans houses and this has allowed her to be an independent woman, and her husband has his own painting business (we live near Palm Beach, so these jobs are actually not bad at all here).

I have encountered other similar stories, and I just kinda feel like, well... what does this mean for me? Should I just accept my losses and just be okay with whatever comes because my destiny will be the way it's supposed to be, or do our actions significantly change our destiny?

It is neither case. Nothing is black and white and simplifying it in that way is a recipe for disaster. On one hand, needing too much control is destructive to one's well being. If you believe that you've led yourself into every situation, you might even start to resent yourself.

On the other hand, giving up all control means that you aren't going to make any progress other than what happens haphazardly.

One cannot control every aspect of their life. Certain things will or won't happen no matter what. But we make decisions in our day to day lives that effect us in a huge way. It's always going to be a combination. Random events, events we're destined for, and the events which we control.

At first, you create your destiny.

But due to your later actions, there will be reaction to balance the energy. So in future lives, your destiny control you.

Eg. If you kill a person in a past life, the energy must be balanced.

Thank you, I thought it was probably something like what you both just explained.

Is there a way to tell apart what things you have control and what other things you don't have control of?

Like for example, do you have control about who you marry or is this something that's usually destined?

You would have control about your attitude and how to react to situations, but does your behavior today affect the karma in this life or does it affect the karma on the next life?

I understand no one knows all the answers in this physical realm, but have any of you come to understand this concept in a deeper way?

I also know that even if you didn't really do anything bad on a past life you might choose to go through hardships to learn from them and grow in compassion, so that's why you shouldn't just judge and that it is okay to lessen the burdens of others. I think this makes sense, especially when you think about great masters that have encountered a lot of difficulties like Jesus, Gandhi, even the Dalai Lama... but you probably see it too on regular people. So you never know for sure if they are paying their karma (which happens a lot) or if they are trying to experience something they haven't for the purpose of spiritual growth.

I know I'm too curious, thank you for your help.

Thank you, I thought it was probably something like what you both just explained.

Is there a way to tell apart what things you have control and what other things you don't have control of?

Usually, your emotions and attitudes are in your control, certain karmic events are beyond control. Certain events are cosmic accidents eg. minor car accident etc

Like for example, do you have control about who you marry or is this something that's usually destined?

Marriage is mostly destined as you come back together to balance each other's karma. It may be a painful relationship (past life enemies) or a joyous relationship (past life friends).

You would have control about your attitude and how to react to situations, but does your behavior today affect the karma in this life or does it affect the karma on the next life?

Your behavior today can manifest karma in this life or a future life. It's similar to the seeds ripening when there is enough sun, water and minerals (all the conditions are there) and you're ready to learn the lesson. There's no fixed time.

I understand no one knows all the answers in this physical realm, but have any of you come to understand this concept in a deeper way?

I also know that even if you didn't really do anything bad on a past life you might choose to go through hardships to learn from them and grow in compassion, so that's why you shouldn't just judge and that it is okay to lessen the burdens of others. I think this makes sense, especially when you think about great masters that have encountered a lot of difficulties like Jesus, Gandhi, even the Dalai Lama... but you probably see it too on regular people. So you never know for sure if they are paying their karma (which happens a lot) or if they are trying to experience something they haven't for the purpose of spiritual growth.

Spiritually evolved people don't view materialism as happiness. Gautama Buddha was a rich prince living in a palace with all the material comforts of life but he abandoned everything to live life as a beggar in the search for enlightenment. They don't view these as 'hardship'.

However, most people experience hardship in order for their soul to grow. For example, if they were a racist towards colored people in a past life, in this life, he's born as a colored person to experience the same racial discrimination.

I think that a situation is never one or the other. There is influence from your own reactions as well as random noise and other people (because remember, they're controlling their behavior, so you are both subject to one another's actions!)

I think that a situation is never one or the other. There is influence from your own reactions as well as random noise and other people (because remember, they're controlling their behavior, so you are both subject to one another's actions!)

Certain events are almost karmic because they are important for life lessons eg. your marriage partner, parents etc.

The only sure way is to look at his/her arkashic records whether it's karmic or not.

But the probability is high for certain important events to be karmic.

You might deny it but everyone of us have done wrong in the past.

Please view the first half of the following video and you'll understand about destiny and free will

I've often asked myself this question.

Apart from the food we eat and the clothes we wear, how much control do we really have over our own lives?

I have been told that I am on an entirely different road from what I used to be. I did not put myself on this road, someone else arranged events for me to get there.

It might be true that we have a particular destiny.

We still have free will. We can choose what paths to take.

You have to listen to your intuition.

Some quotes to think about...

"Just as a human architect can make alterations to his original construction plans, so it is within the realm of possibility for God, by way of exception, to permit changes in anyone’s destiny. Only He can lengthen or shorten the time of a person’s life."

“A person’s destiny appears pictured in his od like building plans and is transmitted by the od to his physical body, it can be read also in the lines and marks of his body. Hence, whoever is familiar with these marks will be able to see at least a part of what a clairvoyant can see more fully in the od. A well-trained clairvoyant is able under certain circumstances to read the destiny of another person imprinted upon that person’s od. He can read the whole past of a person whose od he sees, and not only the part that was predestined, but also those events that have already occurred as a result of the exercise of the individual’s free will. Of the future, however, he can read only what is foreordained, but not that which depends on the person’s free will."

“Not all that you do or suffer in life is predestined. Most of it results from the self-determination of your own free will. Only the general path of your lives, together with certain turning points along that path, is predestined. What you do while traveling that path and how you act at those turning points is for you to decide. That is your responsibility.

Your path through life is one of tests. Its nature and length are fixed in advance; these you cannot change. The turning points on that path are intermediate exams, and corporeal death is the end of the path. Whether you do your duty as you go along the predestined path or not depends on your free will. Passing or failing are not predestined, but depend on your own merit or shortcomings."

Same happened to my mother with a psychic who guessed how many children she'd bear.

Anyways, yeah, the tarot readings other people provided me in my lifetime are scary enough. Okay, less than scary. Revelational, and I highly advise that you take any opportunity that is presented at you.

Do people create their destiny, or does destiny create people?

I suppose there is a dance between infinity and with chance parallel/intersection dimensions.

I suppose there is a dance between infinity and with chance parallel/intersection dimensions.

That's a lovely way of thinking of it!

I think destiny has a lot to do with TIMING.

Hmmn. Being a fundamentalist with language expression.

My guess is destiny has something to do with surrendering into a preconceived destination.

Fate, perhaps that is a deficit of love.

Paradise, perhaps that has more to do with timing? Chance.

Destiny could be a surrender to what has already been and what always will be.

Pretty simplified, however, destination + tiny.