Universal Psychic Guild Forum

I have decided that it is time for me to get healthier and fit. I don't have a lot of weight to us I just want to be leaner more toned and healthier. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, I want to be leaner to be more toned to get rid of that belly after having kids. But my question is can I do to switch home or should I get a gym membership where someone that is qualified can help me just right exercises and make sure I am doing the exercises that I need to get the results that I want. I'm just not sure if I should spend the money if it's worth it or if it's going to benefit me. What to do? Do you think the gym would be more beneficial for me and what do you see in the long run?

Thank you in advance ☺️

I can only comment on what has worked for me. Going to the gym never worked as I've always had to take the kids with (left them at the childcare section there) but I only got through 10mins of exercise when I was called to collect them as they cried hysterically :rolleyes: It also cost quite a lot ..

If you are self motivated enough, you can do a few things from home:

My husband does Freeletics at home (google it) and also combines that with some Crossfit exercises. That seems to really be the "in" thing in exercise these days.

Personally, I want to take up Yoga as soon as my finances allows :)

Hope that helps :)

I would suggest doing something that you really like. I started playing netball again and I SO loved it! Stopped now as I had something else on during that time slot but I really loved going.

I am not very motivated myself and even with going to the gym I found it difficult to follow through after the initial "newness" of it wore off... However finding something that I really enjoyed doing helped get me there :)

If your concern is your stomach, might I suggest joining a Pilates or yoga class? Both will target lower abdominal problem areas that stretch apart as a result of pregnancy. I love both of them when I was doing Pilates daily, I had a pretty muscular stomach. And being in a class motivates me more than just doing my at-home workouts, so perhaps it will do the same for you. :)

Yes my stomach is my issue but I do want to tone up everywhere, not just there. I'll see but I'm not sure if there are any yoga or Pilates classes here in town. We do have a gym but to have help from someone like a personal trainer, you have to pay upfront :(

Sit ups will actually increase the split of the stomach muscles, from what I hear. It's a strain to do sit ups or crunches when your lower abdominal muscles are weakened from pregnancy. Lower back is also essential.

Yoga and Pilates are full body toning (arms, legs, core), but a focus on the core as it is the powerhouse of the body. :)

If you can't find classes, an at home video might help you. Just keep a strict workout schedule so you don't lack the motivation.

I agree with Moorpurple - you can't go wrong with Yoga or Pilates. I tried the home video route but did not have the motivation to stick to a regular schedule. Going to classes will be the ideal for me!

I would be surprised if you couldn't find a yoga studio close to you. But perhaps it's not as popular up north? Or you're in a VERY small town ;).

Yes we're a small town in northern Ontario. I started tracking what I eat and also started a journal to document my journey. Yes I feel this is a journey that I must take for me and for some strange reason I can feel my mom right there with me. I can't and I will do this and I will surprise many people :)