Universal Psychic Guild Forum
X-Division13

An Idea I Have

Hello all!

So, I remember reading something about love a while ago. I think it was a Humans of New York post, and this elderly man said, "Heck, even Shakespere couldn't touch it!" (Paraphrasing), which I don't think is true. I don't think it's something unattainable, I think we need to learn to define it better, to have ourselves understand the everlasting and warming experience it can bring to someone.

So, why doesn't everybody try to describe love? Not what it means to you, but how it does affect you, how you have touched it. Whether it be, self-love, love from another, or to another.

Here's mine: Love is a warm and vibrant feeling that makes you become a child again, it allows you to have that innocence and ability to be caring. To drop all anger and all hate, and want to give that warmth onward, from one to another.

I'd love to see what everyone replies! :)

Nasmaste!

He was saying that he thinks love is unattainable? How odd.

I have to say it depends on the type of love (how I would describe it).

Romantic love is what makes me feel like a giddy child. And it feels almost like a form of sustenance, and also completely nerve wracking, like drinking 5 cups of coffee in a sitting. :blink:

The man I am interested in (or infatuated with, I guess), when he touches me, my skin reacts, my heart rate increases, everything else stops existing. This is a new experience to me and all I can describe it as is overwhelming. Like, all of my senses overload and I can't really perceive anything.

Familial and friendship sort of love is very different. It is warm and relaxed.

Unconditional love, like we can only really have for our family is warm and all embracing, it's what makes us feel alive it is what gives us purpose, it is more important than food and water to our hearts and souls, it is what gives our lives true meaning. It is Everything and more. It is eternal.

If we are lucky and can find this form of love with a romantic partner it can lead to having children and a new source of eternal unconditional love.

Few of us have friends who we love unconditionally, but some of us have long standing friends who can forgive one another for the inevitable challenges that long standing friendships can bring.

There are 3 stages to romantic love.

Infatuation

Obsession

Bonding

It is the bonding stage where the love can become unconditional, but that requires closeness and trust and work by both parties even when things are going well.

Some scientific sceptics say that love only lasts long enough for as long as it takes two people to rear a child until one can do it alone.

But I truly believe my ex was my romantic soul mate and if it wasn't for circumstances outside my control which separated us we would still be in love now.

But I have my daughter, the rest of my family, my dog and my friends, so I love life and feel supported through the love I give and receive every day.wub.gif

Hello all!

So, I remember reading something about love a while ago. I think it was a Humans of New York post, and this elderly man said, "Heck, even Shakespere couldn't touch it!" (Paraphrasing), which I don't think is true. I don't think it's something unattainable, I think we need to learn to define it better, to have ourselves understand the everlasting and warming experience it can bring to someone.

So, why doesn't everybody try to describe love? Not what it means to you, but how it does affect you, how you have touched it. Whether it be, self-love, love from another, or to another.

Here's mine: Love is a warm and vibrant feeling that makes you become a child again, it allows you to have that innocence and ability to be caring. To drop all anger and all hate, and want to give that warmth onward, from one to another.

I'd love to see what everyone replies! :)

Nasmaste!

Interesting post!

Let me think about it...

lovecropped.0_zpshgx36bsk.jpg

Ava (age 4)

Love makes the world go round!! :lol:

Angel described Romantic love well - I think of the stages similarly..

When I met my husband I was madly, crazy, uncontrollable in love with him. We literally did every single thing together. We've always been inseparable. Talking until 3am in the morning, being one of those couples that people would frown upon as we were so corny together :lol: This Infatuation and obsessive type of love makes way for the bonding process.

But when I had our 1st child, someone asked that I explain what it feels like when you hold that baby in your arms. I said: "You know how crazy I am about hubby (this person knew our relationship well), the love I have for him is NOTHING compared to what I feel for this little being".. The love for a child is like walking around with your heart on the outside of your body. You are vulnerable, scared, worried, overwhelmed etc - all at once.. You will give your life without even thinking about it, in a split second if you have to...

I have been very blessed to experience true, lasting, unconditional romantic love. Reciprocated. After 15yrs of being together I still get butterflies, that warm fuzzy feeling, excitement etc..

Love is hard work too.. It's a constant changing and moulding process. Growing together as we inevitably change ourselves. I think we chafe at each other until we fit more perfectly.. We have been through many challenges and had HUGE differences in opinion and the way we dealt with things. But we worked through it, and even when the going is good, we still work. It's VERY easy to grow apart. The trick is to recognise it and start repairing/reconnecting before the void/gap get's too big....

Hubby said to me the other day "I wish you could see what you look like to me. How I see you".. I think I was complaining about either a new wrinkle or the extra lump of fat gathered around my thighs.. I realized that love changes the way we see people. Their imperfections become unclear and you see the soul of that person and not the exterior.

Love is a wonderful gift :love:

Possibilities, that is such a wonderful description, and the thing is you continue to appreciate what you have which makes it continue to grow.angel.gif