Universal Psychic Guild Forum
bowledover822003

Getting back spasms

I saw the physio on Saturday and he did some treatment but at the moment it is still giving me lots of discomfort particularly on the right side in the lumbar and sacral spine

Check with you physio but these two exercises help me:

I sense extra tension on your right side which would coincide with the Quadratus Lumborum muscle.

Did you injure a knee or ankle in the past?

Often as you limp, the Quadratus Lumborum will high jack the movement to compensate. If so, that muscles has to be "reprogrammed" to relax.

I have had to unlock that muscle in the past. I used a lacrosse ball and lie on it at a 45 degree angle...not quite on the back but not quite on the side...its a very deep muscle. I lie on the lacrosse ball and tense the muscle and release and sink into the ball. Its painful but its not easy to rewire the nervous system.

My son had injured his ankle and a year later I noticed he was carrying one hip higher than the other. I pressed my elbow into the Quadratus and it let go and he was cured. Of course, he is much younger than me and responds more quickly than my older body!

Research the use of a lacrosse ball to release the Quadratus and run it by you doctor.

Sending healing ... right side back -- responsibility.

"I am only responsible for myself unless I choose to take some responsibility for others.

(See your doctor again if pain persists.)

Afterthought: I think you want to take on some responsibility but feel blocked by someone who doubts your capability.

PG I have had a recent injury to my upper right knee and a lady who did a massage on me found my quadriceps were quite tight, the ankles have both had injuries but not recently

PG I have had a recent injury to my upper right knee and a lady who did a massage on me found my quadriceps were quite tight, the ankles have both had injuries but not recently

The most common causes of lower back pain are chronically contracted hip flexors, like the psoas, and the quadriceps feed into that hip flexor complex, and the quadratus lumborum (QL). Essentially, the muscles that tie into the hips/pelvis.

When you are cleared by your doctor to resume exercise, spend some time reviewing the videos on this site that is by an athlete and chiropractor. Also, check videos by Dr. Kelly Starrett who uses similar methods.

Mostly, develop and understanding of how our brain/nervous system can hijack our muscles after an injury or emotional event. Without that understanding, you won't fully understand why certain methods are needed that are not in common understanding of how to resolve pain nor will you endure the necessary pain to unwind the condition.

I wish someone would have shared with me what I just shared with you 30 years ago. My quality of life would have been much better.

Hope you feel better soon.