Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laura111

In a new relationship when do you explain about your ability?

I havent found myself in a relationship since Ive been developing my abilities. I have been close to someone that ive seen a couple of times and because Im an empath and have felt on a couple of occasions that he wasnt happy when he was putting up a front. He said "Wow you're like psychic" and I just said "I'm just really intune with other peoples feelings". Now looking back on it I wish that i had been more honest with him and just told him, but also im scared he'll think im weird. Have any of you got any advice or been in the same situation?

I havent found myself in a relationship since Ive been developing my abilities. I have been close to someone that ive seen a couple of times and because Im an empath and have felt on a couple of occasions that he wasnt happy when he was putting up a front. He said "Wow you're like psychic" and I just said "I'm just really intune with other peoples feelings". Now looking back on it I wish that i had been more honest with him and just told him, but also im scared he'll think im weird. Have any of you got any advice or been in the same situation?

Dear Laura,

that is a dilemma...I think if there looks like a relationship developing then it is advisable to let the person know sooner rather than later. It is not the sort of thing you can succesfully hide and be comfortable with the deception.

His response actually sounded amazed rather than perturbed. If I were in your position for me it would be like a yardstick: if they couldn't deal with it, then they are not the one for me! :rolleyes:

hi ya laura

Ive got the same problem in away i meen i see this girl who im hugely fond of...

I know what she thinkin i no how shes feeling I know it all now do i tell her wha I know.

Or do i just let it all go as what i have to say may hurt her a first but might help her in the long run ...

But any way what i think if he allready said wow your phsyicic well then i think the bloke would be cool about it.... to be honest....

I haven’t told any one that I like what I do as far as spirits but are pretty sure that even if they can’t put their fingers on the problem, they sort of know deep down. My husband always thought I was ready for the loony bin, but he doesn’t believe in these sorts of things. My children in a why are also clairvoyant and I do on occasions ask them about dreams, etc. They seem to know that mum isn’t all ways there and they just keep on asking me the same question until they get a response. They don’t criticize me like men with narrow minds do. Don’t tell him for know. One day things will fall in to place they always go so long as you don’t panic. You might find that he and you won’t get on and all the panic will be fore nothing.

I have to say because of the conservative community I live in, personally I would wait a loooooong time before telling a man about my abilities. I'd have to know he wasn't a gossip; that he would keep my abilities confidential. Also, I wouldn't want him to think I'm bragging -- or wonder if I'm peeking into his private world, the one he keeps separate from me. He could get the heebie jeebies and get scared off.

Although I really think it is good advice to tell someone sooner than later, in the end -- to protect my relationships in this town -- I'd personally pick later, if ever.

My ex suspected I had abilities -- but knew for certain the day I slipped and accidentally expounded accurate details of a drowning story in the newspaper -- without having read the paper or having seen the news. This was a couple years into our relationship. He never brought it up, but I knew from his reaction that he knew.

Since he didn't break up with me then, I suspect that meant he accepted them :).

The best solution I have been able to come up with is to try and bring up the subject with hints but not commit myself in a manner that I can't back out. I am able to see how receptive the person will be that way. It is a dance I don't like, but I have gotten bad reactions being too open with some people. I had a friend who's solution was to show little bits of her ability. Just enough to raise curiosity, until someone figured it out and asked her.

The best solution I have been able to come up with is to try and bring up the subject with hints but not commit myself in a manner that I can't back out. I am able to see how receptive the person will be that way. It is a dance I don't like, but I have gotten bad reactions being too open with some people. I had a friend who's solution was to show little bits of her ability. Just enough to raise curiosity, until someone figured it out and asked her.

Oh, the subject has broadened now to include others apart from partners...okay :)

I said this in another thread on one of the other forums but it is relevant here: I have several conservative friends who know absolutely nothing about my psychic life. Only one colleague at my weekend work knows. I thought this person was open minded but when I admitted that I was a clairvoyant she admitted that she was Pentacostal and proceded to give me instructions for getting saved from my devil...well meaning :unsure: but totally unaware of the reality of having this type of spiritual life; none of my students know; nor the people in the shops I go to regularly who have become acquaintances, nor many of my family members' friends who come to the house frequently. BUT, CLOSE FRIENDS, CLOSE FAMILY MEMBERS and PARTNERS...that's a totally different ball game!

I couldn't keep something so much a part of my life, something so important to me, from those I was closest to because it is such an intrinsic aspect of who I really am.

Oh, I can see why I disclosed to the Pentacostal: the lessons in it for both of us became obvious to me. She still tells me that God cries :o when I do my psychic work and tries to convert me...I am not swayed and I know without any doubt that being psychic is part of my oneness with god (small 'g' deliberate) and nothing to do with old Nick, who I don't believe in anyway! :rolleyes:

Well I have been married for 23 years and my wife was with me at the beginning so she witnessed many of the strange occurrences. So I have to draw on what I know. :)

I tell guys all the time that I am psychic...well actually, even before I "found out" I was psychic, I told guys that...which sounds weird I suppose, but I have always sort of thought I was!

Anyway, that said, it seems to me that they don't really believe it, but it doesn't really make a difference because I am in general quite weird so usually by the time I tell them this, they have come to expect this sort of behavior from me.

But it can get kind of uncomfortable when I bring up things and they want to know who has told me this information...and I tell them no one, but they don't believe it and think I am being dishonest! That is no fun

OH! and as far as close friends...I feel kind of bad because I recently told several of my close friends about some experiences I have been having and I feel that they really couldn't handle that type of info...simply because it doesn't fit in with their reality. So, I do, in some ways, think it is okay to not share that info...

Oh, the subject has broadened now to include others apart from partners...okay :)

I said this in another thread on one of the other forums but it is relevant here: I have several conservative friends who know absolutely nothing about my psychic life. Only one colleague at my weekend work knows. I thought this person was open minded but when I admitted that I was a clairvoyant she admitted that she was Pentacostal and proceded to give me instructions for getting saved from my devil...well meaning :unsure: but totally unaware of the reality of having this type of spiritual life; none of my students know; nor the people in the shops I go to regularly who have become acquaintances, nor many of my family members' friends who come to the house frequently. BUT, CLOSE FRIENDS, CLOSE FAMILY MEMBERS and PARTNERS...that's a totally different ball game!

I couldn't keep something so much a part of my life, something so important to me, from those I was closest to because it is such an intrinsic aspect of who I really am.

Oh, I can see why I disclosed to the Pentacostal: the lessons in it for both of us became obvious to me. She still tells me that God cries :o when I do my psychic work and tries to convert me...I am not swayed and I know without any doubt that being psychic is part of my oneness with god (small 'g' deliberate) and nothing to do with old Nick, who I don't believe in anyway! :rolleyes:

Victoria, this reminds me of the time I took a job with a woman of my former (parent-selected) faith. She made it her mission to convert me back.

I was polite to her but would not engage in long conversations in order to avoid the whole religion issue. She reported me to management for being 'anti-social.' After we had a meeting, management told her she could be fired instantly for being so (not a quote) ridiculous, LOL!

I would not want co-workers to know.

Victoria, this reminds me of the time I took a job with a woman of my former (parent-selected) faith. She made it her mission to convert me back.

I was polite to her but would not engage in long conversations in order to avoid the whole religion issue. She reported me to management for being 'anti-social.' After we had a meeting, management told her she could be fired instantly for being so (not a quote) ridiculous, LOL!

I would not want co-workers to know.

oh that reminds me of a classic story. I told one of my colleagues several years ago that I was psychic. Whoa, bad idea, she was greek orthodox christian. Everyday, the lord compels you to release the devil and the demonic powers. Embrace the lord jesus or something like that. Glad she left work after 4 months...regardless, it was a unique situation. It taught me to just merely hint at it, and not even referencing myself as being psychic. I mean I would break the news after little hints...I guess and gauge the response but if you guys are in love it shouldn't really matter