Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Isla

Terrible Tarot Reading

I just used the tarot reading here on psychic guild and had the most horrible reading. Has anyone else used this facility? I just wondered how accurate it is. No part of the reading seems to have anything to do with the me I know. It's most disturbing, I asked if I and my cats would enjoy a peaceful future in the new home I am buying.

This home will be my last as I have terminal cancer, and was given 3 months to 1 year to live last July, hopefully I will live a little longer than that. I am a very spiritual person and trying to reconnect in totality with that part of me in getting ready for passing.

Before passing I would like to reawaken myself in total to sprit, to become 'love'. The only part of myself awake at the moment is my empathy which is too strong and overwhelming, it dissipates my energy, when ever I am with people, I feel that they are draining my energy. I do open myself to them and people say I am a very calming influence. I am now confused after this tarot reading, in the circumstances it has scared me. Do any of you have any insight about my future for the rest of this year. Thank you

Isla

The reading today

The Significator

The Significator represents you and your current state of being.

Knight of Cups

Grace mixed with laziness. Preoccupation with sensual fantasies. Look for a message, opportunity or invitation.

The Crossing Card

The Crossing Card denotes that which opposes or influences you.

Four of Swords

A period of rest and restoration of energies. Tensions subside. Good changes are soon to come.

The Foundation card

The Foundation card addresses the origin of your question.

Four of Cups

A period of rest in your life and dissatisfaction with material gains. Re-evaluation of your goals.

The Recent Past

The Recent Past represents past events and concerns.

King of Swords

The ability to govern and give good advice. A powerful enemy and staunch friend. Strong, authorative and able to lead.

The Crown

The Crown addresses issues that are significant in the present or may come to pass in the future. This card foretells future events which you may or may not occur, depending upon how you respond to the present situation.

Ten of Swords

Goals may be unmet. Plans are in jeopardy. Sorrow may be felt deeply. Be kind to those in need.

The Future

The Future depicts that which lies ahead.

Knight of Pentacles Reversed

Stagnation mixed with a dull, timid and indolent nature.

Emotions

Emotions card signifies the current state of your emotional self.

The Six of Wands Reversed

Success may be delayed. Be wary of accomplished enemies.

External Forces

represents the influence of others in your life as well as trends in your relationships with others.

The Lovers Reversed

Fights, betrayals and the possibility of shattered bonds. Be careful of bad choices.

Hopes and Desires

Hopes and Desires stands for the hopes and desires you have for the outcome of your question.

The Moon

This card represents serendipity, creativity and the coming to life of psychic powers. It may also signify dangers yet seen, deception and bad luck for someone dear to you.

The Outcome

The Outcome the ultimate outcome your question. Remember the future is not predetermined. Interpret this card in the context of the entire reading and as an indicator of the path you are currently on, but not bound to. reading.

The Devil

This card represents the dark forces in the world, misuse of power, depression and addiction to the material world.

I just used the tarot reading here on psychic guild and had the most horrible reading. Has anyone else used this facility? I just wondered how accurate it is. No part of the reading seems to have anything to do with the me I know. It's most disturbing, I asked if I and my cats would enjoy a peaceful future in the new home I am buying.

You used the automatic reading right ... not one of our skilled operators.

There is always a risk of misinterpretation with any free automatically generated cards Isla, after all the computer is just a machine.

Secondly, skilled readers would interpret according to their intuitive talents ~ in the best tarot readings the cards 'speak' to the reader.

Thirdly, perhaps some of your (understandable) doubts and fears drew these cards to you.

Please PM me with your email address and your date of birth and I will give you a free reading.

Victoria :)

You used the automatic reading right ... not one of our skilled operators.

There is always a risk of misinterpretation with any free automatically generated cards Isla, after all the computer is just a machine.

Secondly, skilled readers would interpret according to their intuitive talents ~ in the best tarot readings the cards 'speak' to the reader.

Thirdly, perhaps some of your (understandable) doubts and fears drew these cards to you.

Please PM me with your email address and your date of birth and I will give you a free reading.

Victoria

:)

Hello Victoria,

Thank you for your kind words and invitaion.

Yes I did use the automatic reading. I am sending you a PM in a moment, thanks so much :D

Isla

Hello Isla,

yes, interpreting the Tarot is a complex process, for the interrelationships of the cards affect the reading, just as waves washing up onto a sandy beach will change the patterns in the sand, even as the sand itself affects the waves. The interpretation also depends on our perspective as readers and how much we know and understand about the symbolism within the cards...No single guide book of Tarot card "meanings" is definitive; they all provide concepts and some basis for those who study them but they are not immutable statements of fact. In the end, the cards are merely a tool for the reader -- nothing more.

I actually got a very different reading with the cards you received in that spread, and I do not see anything to fear. The Lovers, for example (under "External Forces") does not have to relate to relationships with others. The man and the woman simply represent two parts or sides of the whole...so in this context, it can be taken to mean that you are searching for your "other half" within yourself -- the other side of you that makes you complete. Because the card is reversed, it can mean that you are undergoing an inner conflict, not just on the physical level but on the spiritual as well. So how is this an "external" influence? Because it is something that impinges on your fundamental goal to fulfill your quest. While you have this "inner conflict" it will be difficult to move forward. Not impossible, please note: this conflict is not like a high, solid wall, it is more like a rough pathway...

The last card (the devil) often seems to be quite a bad one at first glance. Many people really do not like to see this card, but if you bear in mind that the cards are only giving you guidance as to influences, and are not facts graven in stone, there is nothing to fear even with this one! This card actually has several interpretations depending upon what has gone before. In this context I feel that it represents temptation. I see it that you will be tempted to take the easy way in your decision-making, so it looks like you will have to resist that temptation if you wish to truly achieve your goals. In other words, others may offer you choices and expect you to take the easy ones. Going on what you have mentioned yourself about your present condition, I think you know what I mean so I'll say no more.

Most importantly, however, the words used in an automated reading are really just designed to give people some idea of the basic processes involved. It's the same as reading horoscopes in the newspapers, for example. They can only be very general and should not be taken as something to live by day-to-day. A Tarot reading (or any other form of reading) by an experienced practitioner is far more likely to provide accurate and pertinent details -- as I expect you will find with what Victoria tells you :)

Peace and light...and may you reach your goal!!

Lenky

Hello Isla,

yes, interpreting the Tarot is a complex process, for the interrelationships of the cards affect the reading, just as waves washing up onto a sandy beach will change the patterns in the sand, even as the sand itself affects the waves. The interpretation also depends on our perspective as readers and how much we know and understand about the symbolism within the cards...No single guide book of Tarot card "meanings" is definitive; they all provide concepts and some basis for those who study them but they are not immutable statements of fact. In the end, the cards are merely a tool for the reader -- nothing more.

I actually got a very different reading with the cards you received in that spread, and I do not see anything to fear. The Lovers, for example (under "External Forces") does not have to relate to relationships with others. The man and the woman simply represent two parts or sides of the whole...so in this context, it can be taken to mean that you are searching for your "other half" within yourself -- the other side of you that makes you complete. Because the card is reversed, it can mean that you are undergoing an inner conflict, not just on the physical level but on the spiritual as well. So how is this an "external" influence? Because it is something that impinges on your fundamental goal to fulfill your quest. While you have this "inner conflict" it will be difficult to move forward. Not impossible, please note: this conflict is not like a high, solid wall, it is more like a rough pathway...

The last card (the devil) often seems to be quite a bad one at first glance. Many people really do not like to see this card, but if you bear in mind that the cards are only giving you guidance as to influences, and are not facts graven in stone, there is nothing to fear even with this one! This card actually has several interpretations depending upon what has gone before. In this context I feel that it represents temptation. I see it that you will be tempted to take the easy way in your decision-making, so it looks like you will have to resist that temptation if you wish to truly achieve your goals. In other words, others may offer you choices and expect you to take the easy ones. Going on what you have mentioned yourself about your present condition, I think you know what I mean so I'll say no more.

Most importantly, however, the words used in an automated reading are really just designed to give people some idea of the basic processes involved. It's the same as reading horoscopes in the newspapers, for example. They can only be very general and should not be taken as something to live by day-to-day. A Tarot reading (or any other form of reading) by an experienced practitioner is far more likely to provide accurate and pertinent details -- as I expect you will find with what Victoria tells you :)

Peace and light...and may you reach your goal!!

Lenky

Hello Lenky,

Thanks for looking and offering a different light on the reading - I have been contemplating what you have said and feel that you are right.

Because the card is reversed, it can mean that you are undergoing an inner conflict, not just on the physical level but on the spiritual as well. So how is this an "external" influence? Because it is something that impinges on your fundamental goal to fulfill your quest
I want to reawaken before the passing, but the idea of doing so also concerns me greatly as I don't want to lose control on a 3D mundane level, I am very much alone in life and have to stay together to be my own advocate when dealing with non-spritual people and situations. Perhaps thats the conflict. I do in fact feel rather lost. Not about the illness, but at a much deeper level.

Your insight on the last card is very interesting, I saw it as my not being able to let go of earthly attachments, and so getting stuck in the hungry ghost realm. How you saw it

[quote]...I see it that you will be tempted to take the easy way in your decision-making, so it looks like you will have to resist that temptation if you wish to truly achieve your goals. In other words, others may offer you choices and expect you to take the easy ones.[/quote]
has already been suggested to me by a person, who has offered to be there at the end, I am now slightly apprehensive of that person, I will maybe need practical help during that phase, but at this time have no intention of doing 'the quick and easy way' am concerned that pressure will be put on me to do that. wow this is heavy.

I am trying to go through all of this with as much grace as possible, some days are more graceful than others :blink:

From past experience I know it's possible to awaken to the next level of consciousness which all humans have dormant within them. Perhaps I am seeking too much to do this at this point in life, as really I feel that it's something I should have allowed to happen years ago. Perhaps it's too late, and thats something I must accept, but if thats so - then why do I have this strong feeling that I must allow myself to fully BE, that this is the last chance incarnate.

Yes you are right there is deep conflict within. I admit it I am afraid to reawaken, I don't know why. Writing this is difficult - but there is a reason I have been brought to this forum - face my fears perhaps - people who understand - tears flow down - must move through this fear. In universal love there is no harm. Healing? Is it possible to be afraid of healing?

Thanks again,

Isla

Sorry if this is a bit messy the quote thingy did not work well for me.

Hello Lenky,

Thanks for looking and offering a different light on the reading - I have been contemplating what you have said and feel that you are right.

... I want to reawaken before the passing, but the idea of doing so also concerns me greatly as I don't want to lose control on a 3D mundane level, I am very much alone in life and have to stay together to be my own advocate when dealing with non-spritual people and situations. Perhaps thats the conflict. I do in fact feel rather lost. Not about the illness, but at a much deeper level.

Your insight on the last card is very interesting, I saw it as my not being able to let go of earthly attachments, and so getting stuck in the hungry ghost realm. How you saw it

has already been suggested to me by a person, who has offered to be there at the end, I am now slightly apprehensive of that person, I will maybe need practical help during that phase, but at this time have no intention of doing 'the quick and easy way' am concerned that pressure will be put on me to do that. wow this is heavy.

I am trying to go through all of this with as much grace as possible, some days are more graceful than others :blink:

From past experience I know it's possible to awaken to the next level of consciousness which all humans have dormant within them. Perhaps I am seeking too much to do this at this point in life, as really I feel that it's something I should have allowed to happen years ago. Perhaps it's too late, and thats something I must accept, but if thats so - then why do I have this strong feeling that I must allow myself to fully BE, that this is the last chance incarnate.

Yes you are right there is deep conflict within. I admit it I am afraid to reawaken, I don't know why. Writing this is difficult - but there is a reason I have been brought to this forum - face my fears perhaps - people who understand - tears flow down - must move through this fear. In universal love there is no harm. Healing? Is it possible to be afraid of healing?

Thanks again,

Isla

Sorry if this is a bit messy the quote thingy did not work well for me.

Hello Isla,

don't worry about any problems with the quote thingy; we can still follow your posts just fine. :)

About feeling rather lost: it looks like you are finding your way....you are doing much more than many people do or even try to do, and I am sure that whatever progress you make will be worthwhile.

Regarding the last card and "easy choices", I think if you make your own wishes clear about the amount of medication you should receive -- even by stating these wishes in writing -- that will alleviate the concerns you have.

Your grace...your grace is an example to us all, Isla. Believe me.

You said that perhaps it's too late to awaken to the next level of consciousness...Well, I feel you are already achieving it...and it's never too late. Keep believing in your true, inner self and you will reach your goal.

Sometimes we fear healing because it means we have to let go of certain things and perhaps forgive. Forgive others, forgive ourselves for past mistakes...I am speaking generally here, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that healing within your true self only happens when we let go of the things that caused the hurt. It's my belief that the soul is inviolate and perfect, only our perceptions of it are sometimes clouded. ("We see through a glass, darkly...") Of course, this is only my belief, but at the end of the day that's what we have, really. Our beliefs are us. What we think is our reality.

And Isla...miracles still happen...

Peace, light and blessings,

Lenky

In universal love there is no harm. Healing? Is it possible to be afraid of healing?

Have a look at this ... if you don't need or desire physical healing how about emotional or spiritual? It feels like a good place to get help from Isla...

PS Thanks to bobbie for leading the way to this via another thread ... :)

BTW your grace is palpable ...

http://www.lighthousespiritualcentre.ca/heal.html

Have a look at this ... if you don't need or desire physical healing how about emotional or spiritual? It feels like a good place to get help from Isla...

PS Thanks to bobbie for leading the way to this via another thread ... :)

BTW your grace is palpable ...

http://www.lighthousespiritualcentre.ca/heal.html

Tarot cards and their origin have been handed down from so long ago, their exact emergence in our lives is unknown. However, it would appear that they have close links to numerology and astrology. The major arcana cards are known as the 'life secret' cards. You are drawn to picking the cards in a reading and much is governed by your Higher Self in the selection of the cards.

Here I must also add, over the week-end a very frightened young lady, upon hearing I had a bit of knowledge regarding readings approached me to try and ascertain how she could overcome a bad reading. First off, no reading is ever bad. Like Lenky has so beautifully indicated, your skill and understanding of the cards is vital. A reversed card is a message on how to overcome obstacles being experienced. No reading is ever cast in stone and at all times you are in control of your life. Tarot, like any other form of divination is a useful tool to help you navigate the challenges you currently face.

I am so glad you voiced your concerns in the forum Isla, as am sure your reading by Victoria will shed a lot of light on your path. Her readings are compassionate, uplifting and inspiring. Keep your faith .. it's the one certainty you have in this life and the one thing no-one can take from you. Whether we believe in Him or not, at some stage all of us will have our appointment to keep with our Creator and do know of many that have done so while on the earth plane.

If you don't mind me asking, where is your cancer? If you like, it may be possible to shed some light on your illness, hopefully this will help you understand why you got ill and how best to heal the hurts that caused you to get ill in the first place. If you can let go, again as Lenky said, I feel sure you will find the inner peace, self-love and acceptance you seek. By currently being able to give to others of yourself selflessly and in love and compassion is a first step to this road you wish to walk.

I am unfortunately plagued by on-going computer problems, so would like to suggest, if you'd like to make contact with me, please feel free to send a PM. I do not wish to offer assistance and then not see your post if taken up on the offer.

Godspeed, love and light

Hi

Firstly I would like to apologise for my delay in replying.

I have not been feeling too well due to tooth and mouth problems. I am also waiting for results of a biopsy in the mouth to see if I have a new tumour growing there. So this is a time of high anxiety for me. I feel very tired.

I thank you all for writing, and the kind advice you have given me. At this time I am unable to write full responses, sorry.

Blessings of Love and Peace

Isla

Hi

Firstly I would like to apologise for my delay in replying.

I have not been feeling too well due to tooth and mouth problems. I am also waiting for results of a biopsy in the mouth to see if I have a new tumour growing there. So this is a time of high anxiety for me. I feel very tired.

I thank you all for writing, and the kind advice you have given me. At this time I am unable to write full responses, sorry.

Blessings of Love and Peace

Isla

Hello Isla,

it's wonderful to hear from you...so please, don't feel any need to apologize... Any time you feel the need to write, please do...But only as you are able.

Peace, light and blessings,

Lenky