Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ColorMySoul

Soul mates

Guest SorrowfulMind

Hello!

Libby again. Just another question.

How does one know if they meet their soul mate? Not like a family member soul mate, but a lover soul mate? Are you drawn to them as soon as you see them? Or does it require a look in the eye? lol I dunno.. Just curious! Any opinions would be great. Thanks! :D

Love and light!

Libby

Hello!

Libby again. Just another question.

How does one know if they meet their soul mate? Not like a family member soul mate, but a lover soul mate? Are you drawn to them as soon as you see them? Or does it require a look in the eye? lol I dunno.. Just curious! Any opinions would be great. Thanks! :D

Love and light!

Libby

First of all Libby, remember that we all have many, many soul mates ...

as for as the romantic ones that you are talking about , judging by my own experience and that of the people I do psychic work with every day, as soon as you see the person you recognise something in them; and there's an unseen yet powerful energy that passes between the two.

For many people the eye contact at this stage is a challenge simply because that electricity is so strong. I have actually seen it around two soul mates I knew: it was like a vibrant colourless 'light' and was glaringly bright, streaming out from their eyes and enveloping them and filling the whole room.

Another thing I have noticed is that clients will say that on meeting a soul mate 'I felt like I had met them before', or 'It felt like I had known them forever.' :)

Guest SorrowfulMind
First of all Libby, remember that we all have many, many soul mates ...

as for as the romantic ones that you are talking about , judging by my own experience and that of the people I do psychic work with every day, as soon as you see the person you recognise something in them; and there's an unseen yet powerful energy that passes between the two.

For many people the eye contact at this stage is a challenge simply because that electricity is so strong. I have actually seen it around two soul mates I knew: it was like a vibrant colourless 'light' and was glaringly bright, streaming out from their eyes and enveloping them and filling the whole room.

Another thing I have noticed is that clients will say that on meeting a soul mate 'I felt like I had met them before', or 'It felt like I had known them forever.'

:)

Thanks, Victoria! :D That definitely cleared up a lot for me. I always knew a few things about soul mates, but now I understand completely. Thanks a bunches!!

Love and light!

Libby

Guest Paige

Victoria,

I pretty much agree with what you said. What if only one person experiences those things though, and the other doesn't? Like, what if I felt like I had met that person before, but the other person doesn't feel like that, and just feels like I'm a new acquaintance or something?

Paige*

Victoria,

I pretty much agree with what you said. What if only one person experiences those things though, and the other doesn't? Like, what if I felt like I had met that person before, but the other person doesn't feel like that, and just feels like I'm a new acquaintance or something?

Paige*

That's a good question Paige.

I often talk to people on the phone lines about this and it seems that there are several possible reasons, including inappropriate timing for a relationship or fear of what might have happened in previous relationships. Additionally, the other person may just not be ready to accept the gift that is offered by the universe when soul mates meet.

I think what I am saying is that the other person does know but may block or avoid or even repel for one of several reasons.

Hey Libby,

Even though this question seems to be very well answered, I wanted to add a bit of my own perspective.

I have this horrible habit of just using guys for brief making out and things like that to get me by, because I have this innate sense of soul mate and I can never bring myself to fake it long enough to develop a relationship I know won't work.

It is really difficult to describe what signals are, and they differ for everyone... for me, I can tell shortly after kissing someone. Often, I can tell before with enough conversation and eye contact. However, kissing, physical touching opens up my empathic connection to them far more. It allows this sort of openness between us, even if they are unaware of it, and in that moment I can feel if our selves will mix or not.

Now, I honestly don't know how non-empaths figure it out, but I hope everyone has that level of empathy to work that out, even if they cannot feel it on the surface.

However, I should like to point out that a soulmate and a marriage partner are not always automatically the same. A religion teacher I had once pointed out that marriage is one soulmate you make a commitment to... it means there is more than just that soulmate connection... everything has to work. Where you see your lives going have to mesh, you have to feel like you can live together, etc.

In the end, though cliche, it just feels right. If you are uncertain or if it feels wrong, chances are that person is not a soulmate.

*Amanda

Guest Warrior_Princess
I would like to know what victoria means by "gift of the universe" what exactly is so spectacular about soulmates anyway. Not that I'm judging but I'm just curious.

I am not sure what I think of the term 'soulmate' as I think it means different things to different people, depending on what belief system they are operating from.... however in response to your question about a "gift from the universe" I would offer my own opinion on that based on my own interpretation.

If I were to meet someone I was romantically attracted to, who was authentically compatible with me on all levels,... mental, emotional, physical and spiritual and I was blessed enough that all those things were felt deeply also by the other person and this created a loving, emotionally supportive, mentally stimulating and passionate pairing with that person with a deep connection felt... mark my words I would be heralding it as a "gift from the universe".... for it would be just that.

As it so happens though, understandably, I have become slightly cynical that person even exists for me. :lol:

I would like to know what victoria means by "gift of the universe" what exactly is so spectacular about soulmates anyway. Not that I'm judging but I'm just curious.

When soul mates meet the gift offered can be one of many: the gift of friendship, life long companionship, the gift of learning, resolution or the chance to do it again in a different way.

I agree with what amerz says: we have many soul mates, and being in a committed relationship like marriage requires more than just the soul mate connection. You would think that recognising the other as one of your soul mates would mean that your journey through life together would be easier, but sometimes that soul mate connection actually means that there are more complex challenges, too.

Soul mates can be our partners, friends and family members, neighbours and importantly our pets. :)

And what's the big deal Lady_Wun?

Oh, I don't know, for me it is meeting someone that you feel so comfortable with that you couldn't imagine ever having to censor your behaviour because you know that they love and accept you just the way you are! I always think that it must be a bit like having a twin...

With most people, we keep them at a distance. Even if they are close friends we still have our secrets. We play the part that people expect to see. How many people could you say really know you? Don't they actually know what you allow them to see?

Imagine someone who you could talk to about anything, a person that feels like they are a missing part of yourself. They feel like someone you have always known and fill that empty space inside. There does not have to be a romance as most people think, but they are always an important part of our lives.

With most people, we keep them at a distance. Even if they are close friends we still have our secrets. We play the part that people expect to see. How many people could you say really know you? Don't they actually know what you allow them to see?

Imagine someone who you could talk to about anything, a person that feels like they are a missing part of yourself. They feel like someone you have always known and fill that empty space inside. There does not have to be a romance as most people think, but they are always an important part of our lives.

perhaps my question had too much attitude. I meant it sincerely...I understand what soulmates are I just wanted to have an idea of why it seems important, I knew since I was little that I would meet a man, who I would fall in love with ( I mean real love), you see I met him 3 years ago, but it has been such a difficult road because of who he is that I sometimes wonder if it is that important at all. Not that I have started to love him less, in fact I believe that over these years I have come to love him more. It's just that love hurts alot more than it feels good.

Guest Paige
perhaps my question had too much attitude. I meant it sincerely...I understand what soulmates are I just wanted to have an idea of why it seems important, I knew since I was little that I would meet a man, who I would fall in love with ( I mean real love), you see I met him 3 years ago, but it has been such a difficult road because of who he is that I sometimes wonder if it is that important at all. Not that I have started to love him less, in fact I believe that over these years I have come to love him more. It's just that love hurts alot more than it feels good.

I don't think it has to feel good. You'd want it to, of course. But I think it often hurts... and of course, why not?

After all, all good things come to an end. When you lose someone who you think is a soulmate, or even someone you really care about, it will hurt. Or, if they have rejected you, then that too will hurt.

I know you were sincere. If I did not answer your question quite right, the fault is probably mine. I am not that good a writer, better with photography. :)

I have also been injured by someone that I cared very deeply about. A friend, not a lover, but we were still very close. It hurt to loose her, it is painful to remember the good times because it reminds me what I lost. The things I learned from her are still with me though and have helped me find a connection with a new friend.

For your relationship there may be a couple things to keep in mind. First, everything has two sides, so you need to look at yourself as well as him. Find a balance between you. Second, new relationships run on emotions. After a few years they change and you need to find a new balance. When you get past that point you find a new stability in the relationship (married 23 years).

i can only hope for stability, sometimes i'm not sure what to think. I wish there was some kind of book with rules i can follow to get a good ending. my main problem is that i do not know how to prove i love him, and that he can trust me. he gets scared easy and runs away, he even told me he is not capable of really loving someone, which hurt me because ilove him so much. but i'll just have to **** it up and move on.

I met my (lover) soul mate when i was 13 years old, he was 12.I only seen him on weekly camping trips, mostly in the summer. We practically grew up together. :wub: I wrote him a letter a year or two later telling him my feelings, no psychic stuff, didn't wanna scare him, :o but I did.He didn't talk to me for a few months. Basically his response was that we lived too far from each other. :( Every time I see him though,(not often enough) I get those feelings back, and when he looks at me I can see it in his eyes too. But now we are both married, unfortunately not to each other, and there is such an awkwardness when we talk like we are hiding something. Makes me wonder if the dreams I have of him are really astral visits, and we are cheating on our spouses! :lol:

he even told me he is not capable of really loving someone,

That is the result of someone hurting him. It doesn't have to be true. My wife was raped before we were married. We went from "I hate men" to being married for 23 years. Trust can be built over time, barriers removed. Learning to talk openly is a big help.

You would know better than I if you can make it work or not, but I don't think the situation is hopeless.

That is the result of someone hurting him. It doesn't have to be true. My wife was raped before we were married. We went from "I hate men" to being married for 23 years. Trust can be built over time, barriers removed. Learning to talk openly is a big help.

You would know better than I if you can make it work or not, but I don't think the situation is hopeless.

I am going to keep trying, before I met him I had been hurt badly by a man I loved very much I had hit such a low point I thought I would never be attracted to a man again. So I'm not going to give up.

I am going to keep trying, before I met him I had been hurt badly by a man I loved very much I had hit such a low point I thought I would never be attracted to a man again. So I'm not going to give up.

You might ask about what happend to him....may start a conversation.

You might ask about what happend to him....may start a conversation.

All that he has ever tod me about his relationships is that several girl friends have cheated on him, and in his own words when someone is attracted to him he will be attracted to them for a short time and then lose interest in them, I told him that true love takes time to find and that one day he will fall in love for real. He says to me "I dont want to be in love, that isnt the way I was made" which hurt because it was like slamming a door in my face. This was our last conversation, and he just stopped talking about it and I actually havent spoken to him since, not that I havent tried to, I think he is ignoring me. My friend did a reading for me since I was incredibly upset after hearing him say all of those things, I couldnt even concentrate. We both believe that he is afraid of himself(which he has told me), his emotions, and where he is going in life. It's all too much on him, but I know he loves me. I've told him over and over how I feel about him but he just says "I dont know what to say", so I am patient (I try to be).

All that he has ever tod me about his relationships is that several girl friends have cheated on him, and in his own words when someone is attracted to him he will be attracted to them for a short time and then lose interest in them, I told him that true love takes time to find and that one day he will fall in love for real. He says to me "I dont want to be in love, that isnt the way I was made" which hurt because it was like slamming a door in my face. This was our last conversation, and he just stopped talking about it and I actually havent spoken to him since, not that I havent tried to, I think he is ignoring me. My friend did a reading for me since I was incredibly upset after hearing him say all of those things, I couldnt even concentrate. We both believe that he is afraid of himself(which he has told me), his emotions, and where he is going in life. It's all too much on him, but I know he loves me. I've told him over and over how I feel about him but he just says "I dont know what to say", so I am patient (I try to be).

Small steps are often helpful. Watch him, look for clues, subtly start related conversations rather than confronting it all at once. Secrets cause stress, and no matter how much people want to hang on to their secrets, they also want to tell them to somebody. You will get pieces a little at at time. You can build trust with the little things until he eventually decides to trust you and tell the rest.

June 19th 2007,Hi Libby,I Think That Soulmates Would Instantly "Click".Cheers From Fifi. :D

Yes fifi, I think they would, too. That is exactly what happened with the one I think is my soul mate. It happened with my husband,too, but not so strongly, so maybe there are different levels of mates.

What do you think Victoria? ^_^

Yes fifi, I think they would, too. That is exactly what happened with the one I think is my soul mate. It happened with my husband,too, but not so strongly, so maybe there are different levels of mates.

What do you think Victoria? ^_^

That makes sense ... :)

I agree with what has been said before, but to me it is more than the things we can sense here on earth--as they are a manifestation of something deeper. The "clicking" and feeling of knowing someone, I think, are great indicators but it is moreso about feeling a very deep connection that really transcends the sorts of communications that are present in most relationships!