Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Botyfltiger

Tarot cards

Hi, I have been a tarot reader for a while now. I am always looking for others out there that may read also for maybe trading readings and giving advice on a reading we may do for ourselves.

I am a collector of the cards so I have aquired many decks. :rolleyes: and I am currently teaching my 12 and 10 year old children the art of reading the cards.

If anyone is intrested in getting a discussion on card/s I am willing ;-)

hi boty nice to meet you!

im not a tarot reador and i cannot read cards at all..but may i ask you some questions?

i never been to a tarot reader before,and last year i went to this tarot reader...she asked me which card that i want to use and i choose the normal tarot cards as seen on tv's.

so she shuffled the cards and wants me to think about what question that i want to ask and just pulled out one card..so on.

yes..she told me about my love life,my future life,etc..

and most of it were related to my actual life.

what i want to ask is..what is tarot?and how come a tarot reader could interprate all of those cards?and..how come you can predict things/future from those cards?

sorry if i'm asking a lots of questions..i'm just curious..

thanks

Which kind of tarot cards are you using?

Hi, I have been a tarot reader for a while now. I am always looking for others out there with an interest in Tarot.

I am a collector of the cards so I have aquired many decks.  :rolleyes: and I am currently teaching my 12 and 10 year old children the art of reading the cards.

If anyone is intrested in getting a discussion on card/s I am willing ;-)

Hi! I'm new around here. I've been reading Tarot cards since I was about 12. That's more years than I like to think about.

Anyway, I always found Tarot to be an excellent tool. Lately, however, I've discovered that I seem to do better without them. I'm calling it a progression of my gifts. :) I do wonder if others have had similar experience, though.

I have the Crowley Deck! It's such a beautiful deck but sometimes I find it hard to know the meaning of it even though I have 2 really good books that tell me.

Each card has so many meanings and can have either positive, negative meanings or both so which ones do you choose?

They are certainly quite accurate sometimes but then sometimes I wonder if I'm getting the card which I want to get.

I'd suggest you put away Crowley cards, these are black magic cards and many don't know with what they are dealing with! Aleister Crowley was the greatest and most known black magician in his time.

Use other cards instead, e.g. Raider Waite.

How do you recognize black magician cards?

On the magician card the magician has a black infinite sign over his head. On white magician cards the infinite sign should be white or gold.

I have the Crowley Deck! It's such a beautiful deck but sometimes I find it hard to know the meaning of it even though I have 2 really good books that tell me.

Each card has so many meanings and can have either positive, negative meanings or both so which ones do you choose?

They are certainly quite accurate sometimes but then sometimes I wonder if I'm getting the card which I want to get.

Hi, wow questions! :D Dee there in my opinion is never to many questions. If you don't know and don't ask, you'll never learn, ya know?

What is tarot? Good question hahaha. Tarot cards are a form of not only seeing the future, but in my experience a way of opening doors we have closed. I see the cards as a mirror a reflection of what we are truely feeling/thinking. As in life in tarot the future is not set. All things written can and will change with opportunity.

Most times the cards are right on target, then other times they seem to be a bit far off. Tho, i'll go to the death reading my cards for my self and others. I enjoy helping others and like I said I feel the cards are also helpful towards my learning life experiences. I hope this is a bit of help?

As far as the "history" of tarot, it truely is UNknown. Scholars all around the world have been trying to find the origin of the cards. Some say it came from Italy in the 15th Century. Other's say it was the Gyspies early in the 15th Century. Then there are others who will say they origionally came from Egypt, or India..... So as you see there is much discrepancy as far as where they came from. But the messages have remaind the same in almost all of the decks. A few decks have changed a few of the suits and others have changed 2 cards and reversed them.

How do we interprate all the cards....... Well there are 78 cards and it takes a long time to learn all of the cards meaning. I am on my 7th year of learning and I still have to look up in my book/s on different cards about their piticular meanings. as with anything, we have to study, learn, exercises. Most of us it will be a life long journey. Some seem to have gotten to one point and are satisfied with that. I my self see this as a constent learning proccess. There are MANY views when it comes to the tarot. And I'll say till I can't no more.

There is no wrong or right in tarot. If it doesn't feel right to you, then for you it isn't. If it feels right for you, then for you it is.

Something I see in alot of readers is cause they feel something isn't right for them, they place that as a law to others not to do. I have found that the traditonal way of leaning wasn't for me. So I dived right into the cards reading for my self and others the second I bought my first deck. Were as others whom I have known now for years wont even read for them selves or would read for others. So again it really is up to an individual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Micky, goodness, my list can go on and on. Currently I am using the Druid Craft tarot. As well as the Celestal Tarot and the Pagan Tarot. The 2 decks I can't seem to go more then a week without picking up is my faithful Thoth and my Celtic Dragon tarots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Muttnik, I wanna say I am jelious hahaha. I am not as advanced as you are currently, tho I have a few friends who are. I do not know yet how to read without the cards tho I know it can be done. I haven't gotten that intuned within my own physcy. My friend just seems to know, it is kinda freaky. She'll write to me and say something and I am always ready to jump off my set and say "How the hell did she know that" hahahahaha sounds like your about there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miko, I love my Thoth deck. It honestly was the first deck bought for me that I connected with. I have a hard time feeling decks that are bought for me.

I see Micky doesn't like the deck and as many others whom I have spoken to about this deck says not to use it.

IMHP this deck is no more dark then the Vampire or the Halloween Tarots and those decks are R/W clones. Have any of you seen the Dark Tarot done by Luis Royo? Crowely yeah he was a "black Magician" but it was him and his Golden Dawn Soc. whom brought the Tarot out into the public view in the early 1920's. Crowley is seen by some as a mad man, but really he only wanted the truth to be heard about one of the most secritive socities held. I for that give him alot of credit. He went againest the normal of his clan/following and allowed the public to have a good look at the "other" side of the tarot. In actualality Waite was a student of Crowley. So Waite learned from Crowley and alot of Crowley's teachings are found in the R/W decks. None of which I own cause I just don't like all the "religion" underlining. To Dogmatic for my taste.

I hope I answered everyone's questions???? If not please ask again. I am always will to help.

I agree.. I think that the Crowley deck is really beautiful. The magus which in this deck stands for the magician actually has golden infinity symbol in my deck. I connected with these cards aswell and havent looked back. I think if your heart is in the right place.. it should be fine. :)

i read tarot.

I love my Russian Tarot deck. I've tried to use others even bought a replacement of the same deck, because I thought I lost my original and nothing compares. Something about the beat up scractched cards and the energy I have put into them. I get more from my readings.

I'd suggest you put away Crowley cards, these are black magic cards and many don't know with what they are dealing with! Aleister Crowley was the greatest and most known black magician in his time.

Use other cards instead, e.g. Raider Waite.

How do you recognize black magician cards?

On the magician card the magician has a black infinite sign over his head. On white magician cards the infinite sign should be white or gold.

what do you know about aleister Crowley? he was not a black magician! He was a member of the Golden Dawn, and was a very talented ceremonial magician! as for some decks being black magic, do your homework first plse! that symbol has nothing to do with black magic, it is just symbolic, i suggest you read more about symbols on tarot cards first before you make a statmement like that.

the thoth deck is a very powerful deck, you either like it or not. there is a lot of qabbalistic symbolism on it.

What happen to the other posts? Why were my post modified? As well as other's?

Dear Botyfltiger, thank you for your enquiry.

Since one of the functions of the discussion forum is to promote the Guild any posts that 'advertise' a product or a service that the Guild provides will be modified. :)

You are all welcome to discuss any suitable psychic topic and to offer your advice, and I look forward to reading more of your interesting posts,

Kind regards,

Victoria

Yes Muttnik, although Tarot cards do have a powerful energy all their own they are a vehicle...if you get your psychic insight from within that is a sure progression of your awareness!

Thought I would bump this up.

If you have a question about the cards not already asked and answered please ask. :D