Universal Psychic Guild Forum

Yes yellow is my least favorite color...maybe I don't dislike it as bad as you Witty....but it's #1 on my list of ugly colors

i can't handle the colour yellow... unless it's combined with blue... i physically can't look at the colour... when i was a kid.. i used to say i was allergic to it.. because my eyes would water and i'd often start sneezing :D

brightly lit places often give me a headache.. and i have to shade my eyes...

Wow that's quite a reaction to yellow. Maybe it also has something to do with pollen being yellow? This is my thinking mode at the moment probably because it's spring here and hayfever is rife.

Guest oktor

fortunately i like the water, otherwise drowning to death would be a real misery, as it is i've memories of drowning in a past life. so i figure not a bad way to go.

now exhaustion thats different. ouch what a horrible slow suffering way to go, if i'd been stuck in a desert with no water i'd sure have a hatred for yellow in my next life. maybe even an allergy.

fortunately i like the water, otherwise drowning to death would be a real misery, as it is i've memories of drowning in a past life. so i figure not a bad way to go.

now exhaustion thats different. ouch what a horrible slow suffering way to go, if i'd been stuck in a desert with no water i'd sure have a hatred for yellow in my next life. maybe even an allergy.

Burning is the worst way to die in my book....maybe it was yellow flames?

Guest oktor

wood fires will produce yellow flames. is it personal to ask your weight, your probably of a thin build. eat what you want can't put on weight.

wood fires will produce yellow flames. is it personal to ask your weight, your probably of a thin build. eat what you want can't put on weight.

Are you asking me? I am very thin...but I had been working out, trying to get the last bit of fat off my gut to reveal that 6 pack for my lover :P

I have gained 15 pounds since August, none of it fat so it must be muscle and bone.

But about my eating habits, are you saying I should eat more?

For a very long time I weighed 120 lbs (54.4 kg), but now I'm up to 145 lbs (65.7 kg), the most I have ever weighed (blush)

Thanks again to everyone. Your thought, ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated. And I guess that if the mediation cd isn't working I will continue walking in the woods and cooking - one of my passions!! Anyone hungry?

Always,

Lynn

Hi ya Lynn,

Sometimes concentrating on one's own heartbeat is good for (solo) meditating. At other times I like guided meditations and so I go to a weekly (meditation) group for that.

Also, same here as far as passions - cooking is also one of mine. And... seeing as I'm a sugar addict it looks like I'll be making lots o' pavs for Oktor (I reeeally love making pavlovas.) I think we're gonna hafta do one of those progressive dinner thing-ame-jigs.

xx Y

Guest oktor

ok so i've checked my letter box 3 times and pressed the little cd drive button i've even unplugged the hub and looked in the socket, i'm not seeing any pav!

perhaps my vision is getting worse, it could be i've miss interpreted the signs all i know is there be pav in my future and the tarot deck doesn't say i need to share!

sorry where was i, ow yes, somehow a discusion on seeing colors in meditation has lead to exploring the spiritual lesson of death not being feared. anyone ever driven though a forest that is recovering from a bush fire, the mix of fresh young green on black is beautiful.

Kaiouken i think your very healthy and well done you've taken an event that could have built a life of regrets and turned it into an advantage, genuine growth. i sure wouldn't encourage you to eat more, looks like you have a great balance worked out.

now excuse me i think i hear the mail man with a package. it could be my pav.

now excuse me i think i hear the mail man with a package. it could be my pav.

Pardon Moi. Mail's in! Sorry for delay.

First attempt I got message something like "Fatal Error: Hard Drive overloaded with Sugary-Goodness. Please try again after utilising CRT [Cream Removal Tool.]

I had to get a tech guy (showing too much b*mcrack) to haul it out of my machine:

fix-it.jpg

Hopefully this time it'll work, Okky.

Creamy_Vanilla_Raspberry_Pavlova.jpg

You'd better sift through it with an index finger first - we're still missing a tiny screwdriver.

xx Y

Guest oktor

to late for warnings it's gone down the gob. all good i've got something screwy inside me anyway so the driver may be a blessing in de pies.

so the driver may be a blessing in de pies.

In de pies!! Hilarious. You're a galah.

xx Y

Kaiouken i think your very healthy and well done you've taken an event that could have built a life of regrets and turned it into an advantage, genuine growth. i sure wouldn't encourage you to eat more, looks like you have a great balance worked out.

You know, in the past I wouldn't really post my visions on here...but recently they have just seemed so relevant that I feel compelled to talk about them.

I got on a health trip 3 years ago and started eating better and recently excercising, anyway, I used to be very unhealthy in my youth.

A few months ago I got very sick, kinda randomly. In my sick delirium I was "told" that one of my parallel selves was dying. Basically, another me, that did not get healthy, died. But me I'm all good because I got healthy. Kinda wierd huh?

You know, in the past I wouldn't really post my visions on here...but recently they have just seemed so relevant that I feel compelled to talk about them.

I got on a health trip 3 years ago and started eating better and recently excercising, anyway, I used to be very unhealthy in my youth.

A few months ago I got very sick, kinda randomly. In my sick delirium I was "told" that one of my parallel selves was dying. Basically, another me, that did not get healthy, died. But me I'm all good because I got healthy. Kinda wierd huh?

Not weird at all ... I totally believe in parallel existences. B)

Furthermore, in posting that you have actually helped me to work out the answer to a dilemma, so thank you :)

Pardon Moi. Mail's in! Sorry for delay.

You'd better sift through it with an index finger first - we're still missing a tiny screwdriver.

xx Y

Roflmao :lol:

Hehehe

Good one, Yinna!

Are you any good at carrot cake?

This is interesting! I usually have a low tolerance to certain movies, especially ones with what I consider nasty bits. I find it hard to detach from what's happening on the screen. My partner loves the action movies and I often have to leave him to it and do something else.

I can relate to that zazzi ... some things I can watch by telling myself it is just a movie, but others ... well, you said it perfectly: 'I find it hard to detach from what's happening on the screen.'

I turn off the TV or leave the room if anyone is watching alarming news reports or documentaries or especially programmes that are about animals.

It's not about feeling the physical pain for me; it is the emotional pain and turmoil; which I find interesting given that I have such a low threshold for my own physical pain ... :mellow:

...I was "told" that one of my parallel selves was dying. Basically, another me, that did not get healthy, died.

Oooh-oooh, I am SO interested in this! Can you recall (and suggest) any reading matter on this particular topic? I feel very strongly that this may have happened to me many years ago and I know I have seen these other 'selves' in a few particularly lucid dreams (or OBE's -- I know I have "been" somewhere else.)

It has been happening again (more gradually) this year. This year has been one of the most radically changing years of my life - even to the point of habits and addictions of 30 to 40 years persistence (smoking & nail biting to name but two) have gone now.

I feel I really must learn more about this.

--------------------

And Victoria: carrot cake? Haven't even tried to bake one but sure, if it's bakeable, for me, it's makeable and just to make sure it's the best one you'll have - I'll need three goes at it. (1, to see how I can improve/adapt on a recipe; 2, to try another different recipe with my adaption and try it out on other people; 3, that's your one.)

x Y

Guest oktor

this is driving me nuts mmm_nuts_mmm, my X-wife was a pastry chef and the only thing i currently miss is the constant cakes, banana, carrot, pav, cheese! ahh!

either feed me or change the subject but either way feed me!

either feed me or change the subject but either way feed me!

Okay, then changing the subject it'll have to be then. How about... um... parallel lives / universes / whatevers? I'd like to hear your thoughts on parallel existences, Oktor-pus.

Whatchya think?

x Y

About parallel existence...I didn't really read a book on it...I kind of figured it out on my own, and with the help of a certain soul from my dreams (Witty I know it's you, just admit it! :P ). Basically, I believe that whenever you have a choice to make (basically at every concievable moment) your "soul" "divides" (divides is a bad term...ok we'll say...) ...grows into new souls so that each experience can be lived out. After all bodies have died, the "master soul" or what have you regroups and tallies all the experiences, keeping the experiences that are important to you. So when you go through a lifetime, you lived millions of lives in just one lifetime.

I have many additional ideas about this...I could talk more later I suppose.

You can try the book "Seth Speaks," I'm only at the beginning, but I believe that they will talk about parallel lives, but I can't be sure. What I told you was pretty much my own ideas.

Guest WittySpirit
About parallel existence...I didn't really read a book on it...I kind of figured it out on my own, and with the help of a certain soul from my dreams (Witty I know it's you, just admit it! :P ).

I didn't do it... nobody saw me... you can't prove anything!!! i was minding my own business doing my nails, here in Aus!!!

*wipes U.S. mud off bottom of feet, and hides pics of disneyland under mattress*

I can relate to that zazzi ... some things I can watch by telling myself it is just a movie, but others ... well, you said it perfectly: 'I find it hard to detach from what's happening on the screen.'

I turn off the TV or leave the room if anyone is watching alarming news reports or documentaries or especially programmes that are about animals.

It's not about feeling the physical pain for me; it is the emotional pain and turmoil; which I find interesting given that I have such a low threshold for my own physical pain ... :mellow:

I agree about the emotional pain and turmoil, I've read that it's an adult thing to be able to differentiate between what's happening on the screen and reality. Perhaps it's just as people get older they become more indifferent to it? I know I've felt this way as long as I can remember, though some times are worse than others, not sure why perhaps just natural cycles. I remember just after leaving my husband and we were still communicating we went to see Lord of the Rings 2 and I had to walk out before the end. After I stopped communication with him I went to see the next LOR with some friends and managed to sit through the whole movie. It was still a bit uncomfortable in parts but not nearly as much. I think I had toughened up somewhat which helped then, though I'm glad now to have my sensitivity back. Just feels like it's a little too severe at times.

Blessings

Basically, I believe that whenever you have a choice to make (basically at every concievable moment) your "soul" "divides" (divides is a bad term...ok we'll say...) ...grows into new souls so that each experience can be lived out. After all bodies have died, the "master soul" or what have you regroups and tallies all the experiences, keeping the experiences that are important to you. So when you go through a lifetime, you lived millions of lives in just one lifetime.

This is a cool thought. But are you the "master soul" or the "divided soul"? How do you know?

This is a cool thought. But are you the "master soul" or the "divided soul"? How do you know?

Dun Dun Dun Dun! Drum Roll please! :P

You're both :lol:

Basically, you've decided to limit your "sight" at this time to 3-4 dimensions, so you are the master soul paying attention to you, in a manner of speaking. This is why upon choice you can see other dimensions, and acquire the information of your master soul (higher self). Also, I think that complex interesting personalities become their own master soul. Just as your current master soul came from a master soul. And so did that master soul, and so did the next bracket up, and if you keep on going up and up, you'll be left with 1 soul...God! But by my other theory, as you are both the divided and the master, you are in fact, also the great MASTER.

An additional comment, that also means that you me and everyone, all came from the same soul at some point, so in essence, we are all "soul cousins" :P

No matter what way you look at it, you are the valuable master soul, completely in control and responsible for what happens to you ;)

Kaiouken's perception is intriguing and perfectly valid. It has given me some new ideas to think about.

Mine is a little different; though, I believe, we have some thoughts in common:

I don't think parallel Universes require a splitting of the soul ... more like the soul simply 'expands' to encompass each alternative reality as it comes into existence ... so in that sense in 'my world' there is no hierarchy of souls.

For me there are no degrees of young, old, new or wise that I can logically apply to soul; because in my philisophy soul is god.

Soul is the untarnished, unblemished, omnipotent and omniscient spark of the divine that is within us all.

Soul is perfect, infinite and unceasingly loving of us and our sometimes clumsy adventures in this bizarre place we call life :)

I asked my year 8 (13 & 14 year olds) classes to respond, in any way they wished, to these questions for homework last week:

"What is your soul? Where does it live? What does it look like?"

They have bright and have enquiring minds -- like most kids -- I got, as I expected, some fascinating responses including a song about a girl who felt that her grief had 'swallowed' her soul. The lyrics 'sang' about how the soul could no longer maintain its selfhood being confined to the dimension of mourning.

The one I loved was set in a 'master/ neophyte' scenario in a spiritual society of the future. A girl was sharing with the master her responses to the questions.

She saw her soul as a 'fluid shimmering silvery blue' shape that is like a silhouette of the soul's 'body'. She described it as a 'type of weightless gossamer bodysuit.' She said it regularly travels out of her body and yet is still somehow inside her. 'The soul is who you truly are,' she said. 'It is the REAL you that lives forever.'

Wow! How amazing are kids!? :D

Guest oktor

this is going to be a great thread, i'm gonna seriously get into this one, first however i have important playing with my kids to do. drat it will have to wait. two thoughts, in the beginning there was the one, do the maths and it pretty quickly became the two and so on, i think this is a reference to the complicating of spirits. is all started simply enough with one and like cellular division of a fetus has grown into a complicated entity we call reality. <-- quick thought.

then we look at the bell graph in law of averages and chaos theory, an electron doesn't hold a particular place in 3 dimensional space but rather exists in an aproximate place, all things are the same, there is no defined location for anything, it's all a little fuzzy in location.we are more that a few dimensions deep and exist in approximate locations forward backward in time <-- nother half thought

then before we go discussing alternate realities we need to have a basic understanding of the dimensions of our own, no good trying to figure out what color shirt a person has on until you know the color of the lense your looking through.

you just know i'm going to be spending the rest of the evening deep in thought. chat later :)

:blink: If only I knew what some of those kids new at their age :rolleyes:

Kaiouken's perception is intriguing and perfectly valid. It has given me some new ideas to think about.

Mine is a little different; though, I believe, we have some thoughts in common:

I don't think parallel Universes require a splitting of the soul ... more like the soul simply 'expands' to encompass each alternative reality as it comes into existence ... so in that sense in 'my world' there is no hierarchy of souls.

For me there are no degrees of young, old, new or wise that I can logically apply to soul; because in my philisophy soul is god.

Soul is the untarnished, unblemished, omnipotent and omniscient spark of the divine that is within us all.

Soul is perfect, infinite and unceasingly loving of us and our sometimes clumsy adventures in this bizarre place we call life :)

I think I enjoy your interpretation, the soul 'expands' I like that better. And I suppose I did imply hierarchies but I should have explained that no one is above or below anyone else.

B)