Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zazzi

an earwig encounter

I've just had this shake me up, perhaps it's lack of sleep. But I've been so involved with the computer this morning and I had the feeling that something was moving around my toes but thought I was imagining it. I just removed my fairly loose fitting slipper and an earwig was on my toe. Two big pincers on its tail, but for all its confinement it didn't bite me, just moved gently around my toes. I panicked when I saw it and brushed it off, now I feel ashamed for startling the poor animal probably more than I was.

This probably sounds a bit naff, but I feel it has some meaning. If anybody feels to say something I would would most appreciative.

Blessings,

zazzi

I've just had this shake me up, perhaps it's lack of sleep. But I've been so involved with the computer this morning and I had the feeling that something was moving around my toes but thought I was imagining it. I just removed my fairly loose fitting slipper and an earwig was on my toe. Two big pincers on its tail, but for all its confinement it didn't bite me, just moved gently around my toes. I panicked when I saw it and brushed it off, now I feel ashamed for startling the poor animal probably more than I was.

This probably sounds a bit naff, but I feel it has some meaning. If anybody feels to say something I would would most appreciative.

Blessings,

zazzi

Oh, lol ... brushing it off was a natural reaction! The important thing is you didn't hurt it either!

So, what alarmed you the most about the incident?

Okay, here's what I notice:

1. it was there but not at all alarming until you saw it, and so gentle that you thought you were imagining it.

2. the word 'confinement'

3. the 'two big pincers'

Put all those clues together and you will work out what it meant for you :)

I always go to this site for possible messages from the creatures that come to my notice or cross my path; besides it is such a lovely place to visit -- beautiful energy. :)

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4076/index1.html

I couldn't find earwig ... does it have another name? I think I know what you mean, though.

Thanks Victoria :)

The website is great! I also had a look on wikipedia for earwigs and they are called pincher bugs as well, though I couldn't find anything on them either.

I think you are right about the key words here. Yes they do have meaning for me now.

Blessings,

zazzi

Guest oktor

we used to get literally covered in them when fruit picking, they love cherries, they would cover us from head to toe, litterally, ever notice small dents in cherries? thats caused by them.

they never bit us once. totally harmless.

i associate them with being provided for. not once have i seen one without having fruit and veg appearing for free.

we used to get literally covered in them when fruit picking, they love cherries, they would cover us from head to toe, litterally, ever notice small dents in cherries? thats caused by them.

they never bit us once. totally harmless.

i associate them with being provided for. not once have i seen one without having fruit and veg appearing for free.

thanks oktor, well they have good taste in fruit! Did you get to sample the cherries while picking? yum. I think being covered in them would be a bit freaky but as you say they are harmless. They live in our bathroom and like to hide under the folded towels on the floor and bathmats They tend to shy away usually if we are in there. After I got over the initial shock of it being on my foot, I felt it was really a gentle creature that was making the best of the situation of being stuck in my slipper. The provision association is a good one and relevant.

Blessings

Thanks Victoria :)

The website is great! I also had a look on wikipedia for earwigs and they are called pincher bugs as well, though I couldn't find anything on them either.

I think you are right about the key words here. Yes they do have meaning for me now.

Blessings,

zazzi

ill do some looking too so i can help some one for once and i dont like earwigs at all they are my biggest fear but as i was little about 4 years old my older sister would tell me that they crawl in your ears and eat your brain i did fond out in a book i have on bugs that there pinchers on there butts are not even used to bit at all and they dont crawl in your brain and that they eat leaves if this helps at all and if it doesnt i will find out more

ill do some looking too so i can help some one for once and i dont like earwigs at all they are my biggest fear but as i was little about 4 years old my older sister would tell me that they crawl in your ears and eat your brain i did fond out in a book i have on bugs that there pinchers on there butts are not even used to bit at all and they dont crawl in your brain and that they eat leaves if this helps at all and if it doesnt i will find out more

Hi :) That would be great if you can find something about them. It would be good to learn more if it's available.

I don't think they use their pincers either, I've never heard of anyone being bitten. I have seen them on the odd occasion stand still and raise them in the air. I know about this brain munching fear, except mine was with ants after watching a movie set in Africa and people sleeping on the ground in tents ewwwww.

Thanks for your reply

Blessings

the other name for an earwig is clipshear! so try looking that up

love steph

xxx

thanks :) I looked it up and it is short for clip shears, now I understand why!

Guest fierce_tiger

Hey there! Good day to anyone who comes across this. This appears to be an older thread, but I came across it after several similar experiences over the past week with "earwigs". Each of the encounters I've had (~20) have had an increased significance from just a normal observation. Aside from beng the time of year in Michigan that earwigs are common, each interaction seemed very intentional, where the creature would make an appearance at in a way that was not frightening, but that reminded me of it's presence. This has happened daily for the last week, first starting with observing a "nest" of young earwigs that I had shaken up in a wood pile. As I stayed observing them throughout the night near a campfire, I began to notice mannerisms that showed a very docile and caring nature, contrary to what we are generally made to believe. In my era search over the past few day, I came to find out that earnings are one of the few insects that show a high degree of maternal care to their young, even into early instars (life/molt stages) of development. Since that time, they have appeared literally everywhere and at times of calm for me. I have not killed one sinc, but instead tried to handle them gently to see if I could figure out any messages from them.

Immature (age not attitude;) ones tended to try and flee as I attempted to catch them, and we're often successful at sneaking through my fingers. They however never tried to bite me or pinch me with their rear pincers (which turns out, are NOT used to inflict any damage). Last night I came across the first 'large' adult earwig with the full-on pincers, on a wall. I approached it and tried to see if it would attack. No such signs. It fell to the floor and remained still. Unlike the juveniles, I was able to pick it up and hold it in my hand to take it outside. On the way out another full adult greeted me on the screen door and I held both in my hand for some time as they walked around. They were quite gentle and neither did any damage. From this, I gather that they:

* prefer to be left alone

* may appear threatening for defense

* are capable of fleeing from a situation when needed

* are caring of eachother

* occasionally ask to be observed*

Now as for their message, I have not quite elucidated that from the experiences. Just so you don't think that I have an earwig infestation problem, these experiences took place in several different locations. I've been hard pressed to come across any good information on "meaning" but I would dare to say that they have a message to share with us if we are kind and willing enough to *listen.

Hey there! Good day to anyone who comes across this. This appears to be an older thread, but I came across it after several similar experiences over the past week with "earwigs".

Very interesting fierce_tiger. :)

I had an earwig encounter this past week too.

I enjoyed reading your ideas on these little creatures.

Hey there! Good day to anyone who comes across this.

Oh, and WELCOME to our lovely community. :angel: