Universal Psychic Guild Forum
coleb

what abilities do spirits have?

Usually when people learn that I can talk to spirits, they ask me what happens when we die, etc. and the thing is I know, and the spirits know (and tell me) that they aren't allowed to tell me this and I should know better than to ask!

But one thing I DO wonder (and ask) about is what abilities they have that we do not, or on what level their minds function...if that makes sense

Anywho, I was talking to one today and he gave me the idea of asking what some of YOUR ideas are about what their abilities are (either from talking to them or what you just think in your mind)

Do you think they can 'see' the future? Read minds? Watch us? hear our thoughts? etc

I'd love to hear your ideas~!! :D

Hi Coleb,

I've always thought that they could see us and hear us. I dont see them myself but I have friends on the other side who I speak to all the time and feel that they hear me and are close. Sometimes I think it would be kinda embarrassing if they could see and hear everything we do in our daily lives. You, know those things that are of a personal nature?

I think it depends on the spirit as to what kind of abilities they have.

as for spirits who have not yet crossed over, i think some of them don't have any abilities at all, because they might not realize they are dead. They can see us like we are normal and live a shadow of a life. If they have realized they are dead, they will eventually become aware of whatever abilties they need in order to help themselves cross over... ways to contact people, walking through stuff.. etc. maybe a little bit like the movie "ghost" hehe :rolleyes:

As for spirits who are on the higher planes, there are those who are still in the reincarnation process.. who are learning how to be out of their body and to feel the light and love until they are ready to enter the physical world again. they probably can't have full abilities but thought is their reality and they can be with other spirits.

the spirits who are guides have even more abilities. time and space doesnt affect them so they can be doing many different things at one time, retaining all the knowledge from each experience. actually they probably don't need to retain knowledge because they are all-knowing, they just have to tap into whatever knowledge they need for the moment.. they have the ability to heal, the ability to teach someone anything, if they ask for it and the time is right for that person. they have the ability to know what anyone is thinking, if they want to, to sense all kinds of presences around them, but they mainly have the ability to give and receive love, spread the inner light.

thats just my guess =)

No, I do not believe they read our thoughts. Our thoughts are our own just like our free will! I am sure that they can know things that will happen in our future. Many of use can see the future.

Interesting question.....My thoughts on this, from what I have been told and also read, communication from spirit to spirit is done in thought form. I know when I link with spirit and I receive messages, I hear, but not a voice, I hear thoughts. Not everyone hears the same, I have a few friends who do actually hear the voice of spirit. Also, if there is something they require on the other-side, it's thought of and there it is.Travel is done by thought also.. When you think about it, when we dream and we are in a certain place, I know from my experiences, I just happen to be there, don't know how I got there as I know I have never seen myself hopping in a car, on a coach, plane etc to get to wherever, so I think it's the same in the spirit world.

Can spirit read our thoughts? I don't see why not, think about when one prays for something, wishes, asks for help in a situation, a lot of the time this is done in thought form, so I would say, yes, I do believe spirit can hear our thoughts :)

Do you think they can 'see' the future? Read minds? Watch us? hear our thoughts? etc

I'd love to hear your ideas~!! :D

As someone else said, it depends on the spirit. My spirits like to read over my shoulder and my brother's spirit likes to cook. Rose actually played with the balloons that are currently in my room. We had a party and told her (while the balloons were being blown up) that she could play with them. So yes, they can watch us and play with some of our possessions. For some odd reason, the spirits I sense in my dorm will only come in if my door is physically open.

For me, I think that it depends on the spirit.

Interesting question.....My thoughts on this, from what I have been told and also read, communication from spirit to spirit is done in thought form. I know when I link with spirit and I receive messages, I hear, but not a voice, I hear thoughts. Not everyone hears the same, I have a few friends who do actually hear the voice of spirit. Also, if there is something they require on the other-side, it's thought of and there it is.Travel is done by thought also.. When you think about it, when we dream and we are in a certain place, I know from my experiences, I just happen to be there, don't know how I got there as I know I have never seen myself hopping in a car, on a coach, plane etc to get to wherever, so I think it's the same in the spirit world.

Can spirit read our thoughts? I don't see why not, think about when one prays for something, wishes, asks for help in a situation, a lot of the time this is done in thought form, so I would say, yes, I do believe spirit can hear our thoughts :)

i completely agree :)

I agree 100% & I am sure of it

I have said on another thread that Im still confused about those spirits around me, whether they are spirit guides or lost souls....... but whatever they are, they do respond or react to my thoughts through a physical touch that they do on my body & i have examples if ur interested.

U reelly do not have to talk out loud for them to hear you & honesty it's better that way becuase i dont want anyone to overhear me & think Im cuckoo

Hehe Goodsoul.

I would also hate to be classed as "Cuckoo"

Guest jodee
Hehe Goodsoul.

I would also hate to be classed as "Cuckoo"

Hehehe

I read that post last night and I thought it said "I dont want to overhear me and think I'm cuckoo" I thought it was really funny beacause when I get into conversations with the Angels I sometimes think "Ok you've really lost the plot now" lol.

Love

Jodee

PS Generally speaking, I also agree with what Tricia said, although I think it depends on the person communicating and the Spirit/Angel Guide they are communicating with and the purpose of the communication. When I read cards I ask for only the questions I ask out loud to be answered to make the reading more straightforward.