Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
obie1

suicide lives

It's a theory (which is supported by recent scientific studies) that our memories are stored within the microtubules of the cells in our body (most of which are in our brain). In extreme cases of coherence, these memories can be stored outside of the brain. If stored within an ovum or sperm cell, the memory could be passed genetically from one person to the next via DNA. This, of course, would be an insanely recessive trait, but it would be possible that a single person in a future generation may have this trait exposed and through another extreme state of coherence (dreams, hypnosis or emotionally engaging events) could unveil the memory.

This doesn't answer your question, but instead provides a spin:

Do you think that your 'past lives' could actually be memories of an ancestor?

Definitely ... my theory is a bit different to yours but the conclusion is similar. It could account for some 'past life' memories.

When clients ask me to peruse their past lives I let them know that it is never as simple as dying and being born into another body.

Guest oktor

committing suicide is like going to be without doing the dishes, the dishes are still there in the morning. what you don't achieve in your last life is still waiting for you in this one, some people will avoid there choirs and responsibilities (even if those responsibilities are just to themself) day after day and the house will just become a mess and they will live in it as a lazy couch potato.

i think if you commit suicide in a past life there was a lesson you had to learn and you tried to avoid it. that same painful lesson will be there in the next life and the one after until you stop avoiding it and get on with living.

Hey I think a lot of times we are reincarnations of our ancestors...

It's a theory (which is supported by recent scientific studies) that our memories are stored within the microtubules of the cells in our body (most of which are in our brain). In extreme cases of coherence, these memories can be stored outside of the brain. If stored within an ovum or sperm cell, the memory could be passed genetically from one person to the next via DNA. This, of course, would be an insanely recessive trait, but it would be possible that a single person in a future generation may have this trait exposed and through another extreme state of coherence (dreams, hypnosis or emotionally engaging events) could unveil the memory.

This doesn't answer your question, but instead provides a spin:

i thought something along these lines. would explain alot, no?

Guest Wynter

Interesting.... but it sort of sounds like something scientists made up to deny the fact any of this 'psychic b*llc***' even exists. Past lives make perfect sense to me. Of course they'll be some things we remember that don't have anything to do with past lives, maybe dreams and such, and that theory does sound possible, I'm just not sure I buy it.

I might not be answering the question... and explaining this is probably a bit.... uh, stupid... but blah. A while back I got really confused as to..... WHY people have to die. I mean, why do we just DIE out of nowhere? Even if we got stabbed, why do we die? Because of bloodloss? Why does that even define whether you die or not? When I thought of an end to life, it just confused me. I don't think something living can truly die.... then I heard of past lives and it clicked. It just MADE SENSE.

Uh... that 'why do we die' lecture can be explained by something scientific, but I didn't get it. >.<

Thanks for reading

Guest oktor

i was watching my son play a computer game, when you die you just instantly start again where you left off. then he was playing another one it was an old style arcade game that had been altered so you have unlimited credit and lives, just keep going and going. i looked at it, he'd been playing for awhile, i remembered playing the same game at the arcade when i was a kid for 20 cents. it was harder back then. if life never ends and there is nothing to stop us, where is the challenge? what makes it hard? the thrill is gone and there is nothing special about it. life is limited, life is special. it's a gift to be treasured. there are trees that live in forests for hundreds of years; what, other than being there, do they accomplish.

what makes it hard?

OMG! O-H M-Y G-O-D! Oh My GAWD!!!!! :o

Life is supposed to be hard?

Where's that rule? :unsure:

there are trees that live in forests for hundreds of years; what, other than being there, do they accomplish.

Ummm. I think they have lots of purposes, like helping to clean the air, provide food for other living beings, give shelter, inspire artists, photographers and writers and just being generally beautiful and totally awesome manifestations of the ONE CREATOR.

A while back I got really confused as to..... WHY people have to die. I mean, why do we just DIE out of nowhere? Even if we got stabbed, why do we die? Because of bloodloss? Why does that even define whether you die or not? When I thought of an end to life, it just confused me. I don't think something living can truly die.... then I heard of past lives and it clicked. It just MADE SENSE.

Uh... that 'why do we die' lecture can be explained by something scientific, but I didn't get it. >.

Wow, wynter what a profound question ...

I have often asked myself the same thing. In fact I used to say to god that he (pardon my non-PC usage; it is just so much easier than 'he/she/it') made a BIG mistake when he invented death. :lol:

What you say makes a lot of sense: if we didn't die, then we wouldn't be able to trade up to the next model now would we? So seeing other incarnations as a possible reason for death is logical to me.

I think part of my earlier issue with the notion of death was that I saw it as an end, a bad thing, something to be avoided at all costs.

In 2007 I thought a lot about this and I decided that 'death' is just a word for going to sleep one night and waking up somewhere else. Remember, we live in an infinitely huge and timeless Universe -- there are many unvisited realms. :)

Guest oktor

keeping in mind offcause V_210 that while the tree is sweetly creating all that lovely shade, it's doing it out of a survival instinct, trying it's best to destroy all the life under it. and stop any competition from steeling it's precious sun. and while it's creating wonderful air for us to breath, we are doing the same for it. think the tree sees humans as some kind of fantastic life provider? trees see eachother the way we see eachother. there perspective is just a little different. as for inspiration, humans inspire just as much. provide food? we do that as well.

V_210 is there no comment i will ever make that you won't leap at?

V_210 is there no comment i will ever make that you won't leap at?

Awww <_>

Come on now lord of the eight shadows ... don't be a souroktorpuss :P

You and I see things from opposite ends of a r - e - a - l - l - y long continuum: you have your say; I have mine!

What's fairer than that? :D

but it sort of sounds like something scientists made up to deny the fact any of this 'psychic b*llc***' even exists

I disagree. Explaining the spiritual with science would only validate the spiritual! If spirits are real, then they must exist. They must be made up of something. Because we are real, we exist, and we too are made of something. The physical and the spiritual are able to interact with each other--on that much we can all agree. So, it's logical that there's a base level to existence/matter/things that scientists are yet to figure out.

What most 'psychics' find disturbing about this (and scientists, too) is that everything they SWEAR is right may have to be shifted a little to fit in with fact. I'm sure there were a lot of naysayers when it was announced that the world was round and not flat!

What's fairer than that?

I'll say this just once, because it's a little disturbing to me, and now to others on the site:

Some people in this forum--ahem--SAY that everyone can have their own opinion...but when someone else shares their opinion, their opinions are shot down (or barred from being displayed within the forum).

Now, Victoria, there are some things I've done that have rightfully placed you on the defensive of me. I can not argue that I've not been a bit troublesome in this regard. But there are also some things I've SAID that have been wrongly censored. Why this happens, I've not the slightest idea. But the fact remains that you have managed to force multiple forum regulars (two of them top ten posters) to walk on egg shells in a place where they should be allowed to share their opinions without flagrant disregard.

Now, I'm not trying to point a finger. I'm just saying that oktor has a right to say that trees do nothing.

Listen everyone: This forum is a FANTASTIC resource! But we ALL have to remember that everyone here believes something different. These beliefs are born from our own experiences. Every day, I look forward to visiting this forum in search of ways I can help others and learn about their experiences. Knowing how others feel about trees and animals and spirits and God(s) makes me a stronger person everyday. And I think that everyone needs to experience diversity in this form.

Whether you believe in past lives, future lives, God, gods or no gods, you have to agree that without each other (and the love and input we can share) our purpose on this beautiful planet is null.

EDIT: I just need to add that nothing said was meant with hostile intentions. I can just name eight regulars to this site that agree it should be said...and since I'm already on the 'naughty' list, I volunteered. ;)

Guest oktor

i don't recall saying at any stage your attack was unfair. all your attacks seem fair and equal. some more equal than others.

inveni0, the world is round? when did that happen? i bet it was a local council decision those guys will push all sorts of zone changes through without telling people. i have trouble standing on a barrel, now the whole place is curved things are just going down hill.

anyone watch red dwarf? hell is being locked in a room with your friends for all eternity. when i'm cooking in the kitchen i use all the spices, i really don't mind the digs from V_210 but i sure can't miss an opportunity to point them out.

Life is supposed to be hard?

Where's that rule?

your interactions with me are proof of the pudding

hehe i used the quote /quote thing, wow i'm moving with the times now!

Guest Gypsy Princess

hahaha... I'm just wondering if Oktor and Victoria were married in a past life LMAO :D

Oh yeah... Red Dwarf... takes me back to the early 90's :lol:

Guest oktor

well i don't recall it but it's possible, most trauma is blocked out by the subconscious

well i don't recall it but it's possible

And just think: They say history repeats itself! :P

Some people in this forum--ahem--SAY that everyone can have their own opinion...but when someone else shares their opinion, their opinions are shot down (or barred from being displayed within the forum).

I agree ... I find it extremely disturbing when certain people (ahem) shoot down my opinions and even make personal attacks when they disagree with my opinions. Most of the time I just let it go, but every now and again my human failings come to the surface and I react. :unsure:

Now, Victoria, there are some things I've done that have rightfully placed you on the defensive of me. I can not argue that I've not been a bit troublesome in this regard. But there are also some things I've SAID that have been wrongly censored.

No, inveni0, I don't mean to be rude but opinions are not censored. What are censored are sneaky attempts at self-advertising, sexist remarks, sexual innuendo (AKA sleaze) and other content which breaks the rules (those rules you agreed to) of the forum. :P

Now, I'm not trying to point a finger.

Oh, of course you are! :rolleyes: And we both know why from our PM communications!

I'm just saying that oktor has a right to say that trees do nothing.

He certainly does, and I have a right to disagree.

Now, it's breakfast time here in Oz ...anyone for omelette?

Can't let all those broken eggs go to waste :lol:

Guest Gypsy Princess
Now, it's breakfast time here in Oz ...anyone for omelette?

Can't let all those broken eggs go to waste :lol: [/color]

Well... it's bedtime here in the UK, but can I still have an omelette? :lol:

What most 'psychics' find disturbing about this (and scientists, too) is that everything they SWEAR is right may have to be shifted a little to fit in with fact. I'm sure there were a lot of naysayers when it was announced that the world was round and not flat!

I totally agree! We all say we are on a quest for the truth, but when someone presents a theory counter to our believes, we scream and pout!

But you know what I found, when you truly do believe in something, when somebody suggests something to the counter, it does not phase you. I used to get offended when people would say that there was no afterlife. But after I figured out for myself what the after life really was, I stopped being offended when other people said that there was none. I also stopped trying to convince others that there was an afterlife! I just didn't care what they thought anymore, even if they think that, there still is an afterlife.

Psychics might not want to take scientific tests to prove or disprove their experience, but seriously, do scientists really want to give credit to things they cannot explain? Little proofs of psychic things come out but they are never advertised.

Since niether party wants to participate, it is only natural that nothing gets done.

Well... it's bedtime here in the UK, but can I still have an omelette? :lol:

Just wait till I warm that plate for you and butter the sour dough toast ... now a generous 'pinch' of Maldon Sea Salt and a grind of fresh black pepper ... oh, mustn't forget the freshly grated parmesam reggiano!

Hand squeezed orange juice or Organic Rainforest coffee? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest WittySpirit
Just wait till I warm that plate for you and butter the sour dough toast ... now a generous 'pinch' of Maldon Sea Salt and a grind of fresh black pepper ... oh, mustn't forget the freshly grated parmesam reggiano!

Hand squeezed orange juice or Organic Rainforest coffee?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ooh ooh.. i'll have the hand squeezed rainforest please :blink: :P B)

Was that with or without trees?

:lol: 289981080_4008fa579a.jpg

Guest Gypsy Princess

Hahahaha... :lol: :D :blink: