Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bartmanhomer

Tarot Cheat

hi Bartman,

The only way I could possibly think someone could cheat is by looking at the cards and picking out the ones they want.

But the cards are designed to have meaning no matter which ones are picked. .. because its all up to interpretation..

Gday mate... one of my sisters gave me a deck at xmas.... i don't think i will use them because trusting myself with how/what I feel is the same as pulling out the cards one by one in a reading then doing the same thing...........

from my understanding, what i have read & what I have seen, each card has quite a few meanings/interpretations, as lickedfoot pointed out.... & it still comes down to who is giving the reading & who they are reading & ultimately what they are feeling when they are doing the readings.....

from what i understood this is the difference between a quality reading & a so so reading *** the quality of the interpretation........

Btw... who would want to cheat?........ isn't that just cheating yourself?

Guest WittySpirit

people recommend you don't read yourself... remember, tarot don't make your future, they give insight into a possible one.. so if you're focused on what you 'want' to see in the cards, that's what you'll get.. so in a way, that's cheating.. tarot are only as good and non-bias as the person who's reading them..

yeah the experience can be much more rewarding when someone else is reading your cards. But it can be beneficial to read them for yourself too. Yes you have to keep an objective outlook open but I think thats part of the learning experience that tarot brings. They can look back on the readings and see how differently they could have interpreted them to get the result that they actually got. thats dependent on someones growth and maturity level not on the source/tool itself. Oh and another thing I was going to say was that although individual readings can be a bit biased; everything is a bit biased anyway so in general the tarot is giving a creative outlet for someone to deal with whats in their heads. Where they might not be able to see the answer right away, through going through the symbology and story of the cards they can create a new outlook on what would otherwise be a more biased, one sided view on an issue/ dilimna in there life. So in that sense i don't think "wanting" and "hoping for" a certain answer is necessarily cheating; just not looking at the cards in the way they potentially could be looked at.

For example if a representer, who asking the reader a question. The reader shuffles the deck and switch the cards as the reader won't notice.

Example: Ace of swords replaced by the tower or the cards will be switch to reversed or upright under by the reader control.

Lol

Well normally when you give a tarot card reading, its how you interpret the cards and what it means.

The other person is trusting you, for they don't know how you read the cards and for many they don't know what each card the means just as you don't know anything about the person your about to do a reading for until you do your spread.

I read for my sister and she reads for me.... I'm more right then she lol.... and I'll tell her the cards I pulled out and what I see, but she may see something different....

I gave her a reading a week ago and everything I said has just fallen into place.....

Hope that helped some....

Love, Light, and Truth

Lee

For example if a representer, who asking the reader a question. The reader shuffles the deck and switch the cards as the reader won't notice.

Example: Ace of swords replaced by the tower or the cards will be switch to reversed or upright under by the reader control.

Well, seeing as the cards should remain face-down until they are dealt I'm not sure how anyone would be able to knowingly switch any cards. In any case, if anyone deliberately tries to influence the cards' order then that would ultimately be a reflection of that person's own present direction in life: one who doesn't want to know the truth (or cannot face it) should not ask for a reading and certainly shouldn't be giving readings. Whoever would try to cheat at Tarot needs to step back and ask themselves "Why am I doing this?"