Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bartmanhomer

Another Tarot Deck and Others

Hey everybody, about by a couple of minutes ago I went to Borders and I brought a Rider-Waite tarot deck. Also, How can you write a story of Tarot cards?

hi, Rider-Waite is a good deck; the first one i got. The symbols are very clear which made it easy to learn.

do you mean create your own cards? I think there are cards out there that are blank.. where you can draw your own ones. or you could always cut out sheets of card paper and make cards on those.

hi, Rider-Waite is a good deck; the first one i got. The symbols are very clear which made it easy to learn.

do you mean create your own cards? I think there are cards out there that are blank.. where you can draw your own ones. or you could always cut out sheets of card paper and make cards on those.

...that is...such a creative idea...to make your own set of cards. That could really work out to be something special. Oh wow I'm totally going to do it when i have time!

I am not sure what you mean by writing a story in this context. Could you please explain?

To the other suggestion in the thread: my wife made her own deck of cards...They are not actually "Tarot" cards in the regular sense but they serve the same purpose, the interpretations she does being based upon their symbols and the way these symbols inter-relate...

I think making one's own deck of Tarot cards would be very interesting...A lot of the maker's own creative energy would go into them and that would give her or him a strong "connection" with the cards from the very beginning...

The story normally comes easily, and some just need to be guided.... there are some free web sites that give you lessons on how to read tarot.

Its a lot of fun for beginners and a refresher course for the old hands lol

http://www.learntarot.com/top.htm

Try this site.

Love, Light, and Truth

Lee

She seems like a really nice woman ... I like the site and since there are no ads for readings we can allow the URL :P

I think a lot of members will like this. I so value personal interpretation. :)

...that is...such a creative idea...to make your own set of cards. That could really work out to be something special. Oh wow I'm totally going to do it when i have time!

Hi Kai,

Some years ago I made my own deck of cards. There's 70 in all and they're not Tarot but more of a cross between Angel and Oracle cards. I simply collected, drew, painted or collaged (etc.) images that I felt interpreted the messages I wanted to get across. This way I always know how to interpret them. Some are from scans of old op-shop photos and some of them are photos of my own art canvasses I've done that I've got hanging in my house or have sold on.

I think I can safely link to where I uploaded them as there are no ads for readings on it - it's only a MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/yinnayinna

They are in no particular order or grouping (but do turn up your sound - a song by one of my favourite artists is featured.) Hope you like 'em.

Hoo-roo!

x Y

(oh p.s. - you said "when you have time" and to give you a guide these took me months of just collating them to get ready to do. Then came the physical making up of them using photo paper for the print-outs, then spray adhesive onto the best cardstock I could find (art shops), then trimming the corners rounded with a little cutter doover, then spray lacquer over the face of them, then on the back I did a pentagram stamp that I raised up with embossing powder. This way they are really durable and glossy. It is truly worth doing.)

Writing a story using tarot cards. For example if you have the King Of Wands as a characther and used The Tower and Ace Of Pentacles as a setting. That what I mean

(oh p.s. - you said "when you have time" and to give you a guide these took me months of just collating them to get ready to do. Then came the physical making up of them using photo paper for the print-outs, then spray adhesive onto the best cardstock I could find (art shops), then trimming the corners rounded with a little cutter doover, then spray lacquer over the face of them, then on the back I did a pentagram stamp that I raised up with embossing powder. This way they are really durable and glossy. It is truly worth doing.)

Yes I expected it to take some time, but wow you really went all out.

I think the best part of making your own deck would be even as you grow and your definitions for the symbols change, the deck will still jive with you and you'll always pull the relevant card.

Writing a story using tarot cards. For example if you have the King Of Wands as a character and used The Tower and Ace Of Pentacles as a setting. That what I mean

Yes, I see now :)

I've thought of that too ...

Now we're getting somewhere. It's doesn't have anything to do with created your own deck. (although that is a pretty sweet idea.)

Yinna, thats really cool to do all that and spend so much time on them to make them like real cards. it sounds like so much fun i might just do it =)

Bartman homer, hmm, thats an interesting way to learn more about the cards/ get in tune with them. the cards themselves already have a story.. about the fool's journey, i know theres a good one online somewhere but i don't have time to find it... but making some up is a good idea too! maybe you can make up a storyline spread.. something like.

1. protagonist

2. antagonist

3. setting/ buildup of story

4. conflict/ main plot

5. solution/ ending

you could even add more to it.. like supporting characters, more cards for the plotline, dif. settings etc.. then once you lay out the spread see what kind of story you come up with =)