Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bartmanhomer

Becoming Addicted To Tarot Cards

Hello. I read Tarot For Dummies and I saw the image of a certain card from a deck. It's a Witches Deck. And my mind told me to buy that deck. But I feel that I already have two decks. The Cachet Deck and the Rider-Waite Deck. I know it's crazy but I really like tarot so much that I'm really beacme a tarot crazed fantatic.

Hello. I read Tarot For Dummies and I saw the image of a certain card from a deck. It's a Witches Deck. And my mind told me to buy that deck. But I feel that I already have two decks. The Cachet Deck and the Rider-Waite Deck. I know it's crazy but I really like tarot so much that I'm really beacme a tarot crazed fantatic.

Hey, don't sweat it! I know of people who have twenty or more different decks. :) And the more you look into them the more you learn about their symbolism and the interconnections between the cards in various spreads. The point is that we all have our own way of approaching study like this -- because that's what it is: a process of learning and growing...

So, if you feel moved to obtain another deck, then by all means do so... You may have days when you feel one deck suits you more than others -- or if you reach the stage where you read extensively for others, then the same may apply... Different decks might resonate better with different people.

I guess the key thing to keep in mind is that the cards are just a tool. They don't tell the future and they don't create it...they simply enable us to sometimes see more clearly and interpret influences that are important to people in helping them make decisions about what they should do. Most importantly, the cards do not show what must be, only what could be... In the end, there are choices.

regards,

lenky

Wow, that is of the most brillant reply that I heard. Thanks for your comment lenky. ^_^

Thank you! :P

If you'd like some more info about tarot, you can access some on the Guild's site at this link to Tarot Card information. I can also send you the text transcript from a Guild Chat Room session that Alyssa (one of the Guild's psychics) did in March 2007 and which is about the meanings of tarot cards. Even though I started with Tarot more than thirty years ago (gasp! :o )I still found it very useful and enlightening, so just send me a PM if you'd like a copy.

Regards,

Lenky

Thank you! :P

If you'd like some more info about tarot, you can access some on the Guild's site at this link to Tarot Card information. I can also send you the text transcript from a Guild Chat Room session that Alyssa (one of the Guild's psychics) did in March 2007 and which is about the meanings of tarot cards. Even though I started with Tarot more than thirty years ago (gasp! :o )I still found it very useful and enlightening, so just send me a PM if you'd like a copy.

Regards,

Lenky

Cool. I'm interested. Thanks again. :D

Cool. I'm interested. Thanks again. :D

Hi there Bart.

I have a few decks also but have never thought I had too many. There are so many different decks out there, some are just very beautiful to look at. I have a few decks of Doreen Virtus, I haven't really used them as such, but I do enjoy looking at them. As Lenky has said, they are a tool. It's been a very long time that I have actually used the Tarot for readings. I tend not to look on them as a reading tool anymore :)

Tricia

*lighting candle* Hi, my name is fellixe and I am also a Tarot-holic. :P

I don't have too many decks but I could if I gave in to the impulse to buy everytime I saw an interesting one. I guess the big trick is to let the deck come to you if there is a need for it. When you have to go seeking it and it seems to be evading you it may be because it is more a want than a need.

But sometimes satisfying a want is too hard to avoid. I use the Druid Animal Oracle most often of all my decks and it's companion deck, the Druid Plant Oracle is now available in the UK. But since I'm an American in Oregon I'd have to wait until August like all of America and Australia before any of the local shops will have it in stock. So I gave in and spent the money to have a deck sent to me from the UK. It was just too shiny and candy-like for me to resist! :D

Well today I brought the Witches Deck at Borders and now I'm thinking of buying the Cosmic Tarot Deck. Man I need to stop right now. :blink:

Well last night I got the lovely Cosmic deck and that is it for me. Hmmm........I might need the Egyptian deck as wel................DARN IT! WHY ME?! :angry: :blink:

Well last night I got the lovely Cosmic deck and that is it for me. Hmmm........I might need the Egyptian deck as wel................DARN IT! WHY ME?! :angry: :blink:

Hey, take it as a positive! :P

Like:

"It's so great that I'm being led this way...Just by looking at all these different decks I am learning more and more about their symbolism and all the knowledge this opens up to me!! All the perspectives of the creators of these cards are slightly different, but they are all leading me forward and that is CHILL!!" :D

Ok, I have to come clean. Here are the decks for my tarot addiction list:

1. Egyptian tarot deck

2. Necromonicon deck

3. Sarced tarot deck

Well, at least it's a harmless addiction -- I mean the worst that can happen is that you may misinterpret something. It sounds like you are enjoying your Tarot journey and so you should because I just had a flash of you as a gypsy (male) a true Romany ... I'd say 1930s.

I know that you like the books too, but I see that you will more and more let the cards talk to you and use the books as a jumping off point. :)

Well, at least it's a harmless addiction -- I mean the worst that can happen is that you may misinterpret something. It sounds like you are enjoying your Tarot journey and so you should because I just had a flash of you as a gypsy (male) a true Romany ... I'd say 1930s.

I know that you like the books too, but I see that you will more and more let the cards talk to you and use the books as a jumping off point. :)

Really? You picture me as a gypsy! Stop you're making me blush! But thanks for the comments :wub: :D

Really? You picture me as a gypsy! Stop you're making me blush! But thanks for the comments :wub: :D

I can tell you more ... you had curly black hair and it was glossy. You were tall and loved wearing black: black leather jacket (but not a bikie style -- more of a suit coat cut). You didn't take life too seriously except for your 'magick'.

You loved music and dancing and children and animals. You were known for your positive attitude to life. Your popularity earned you the ire of a powereful old woman but I do not see the outcome of that. I see that you passed over after a fall into a canal.

I can tell you more ... you had curly black hair and it was glossy. You were tall and loved wearing black: black leather jacket (but not a bikie style -- more a 'suit coat- cut). You didn' take life too seriously except for your 'magick'.

You loved music and dancing and children and animals. You were known for your positive attitude to life. Your popularity earned you the ire of a powereful old woman but I do not see the outcome of that. I see that you passed over after a fall into a canal.

WHA....................................................but you forgot one thing, I also loved girls. And also I'm black spanish american. Half-spanish/half-african. Oh yeah, my hair is black but not curly. I use to have braids at one point but I cut it off. Now my hair is a short afro. Also, I'm 22 years old. I was born in May 4, 1985

WHA....................................................but you forgot one thing, I also loved girls. And also I'm black spanish american. Half-spanish/half-african. Oh yeah, my hair is black but not curly. I use to have braids at one point but I cut it off. Now my hair is a short afro. Also, I'm 22 years old. I was born in May 4, 1985

Well, that IS interesting -- amazing how bits of that past life have resurfaced.

Yes, you were known then as a 'Romeo' -- LOL, now how could I have forgotten that! :lol: You might have loved the girls but they absolutely adored you and fell over themselves trying to get your attention.

In that lifetime I saw you didn't marry ...

Well, that IS interesting -- amazing how bits of that past life have resurfaced.

Yes, you were known then as a 'Romeo' -- LOL, now how could I have forgotten that! :lol: You might have loved the girls but they absolutely adored you and fell over themselves trying to get your attention.

In that lifetime I saw you didn't marry ...

Didn't marry?! Are you serious?! I know that I'm going get a girlfriend and marry someday.

Didn't marry?! Are you serious?! I know that I'm going get a girlfriend and marry someday.

Of course you will! That was a PAST LIFE I was viewing! Not this one ... :P

Guest A.J

wooowww. cool reading. :)

Hey Victoria, can you tell me when will my tarot card deck addiction will stop, because I'm thinking of buying 5 or 10 decks right now?

Guest WittySpirit

don't think of it as an addiction.. think of it as a hobby :D

i've got 10 doreen virtue decks and 1 deck of tarot.. :D

and i've lost count of how many angel figurines i have.. :lol:

oh god you guys are making me want to get some new cards!!

i swear every time i come in here I find a new hobbie! :rolleyes:

Hey Wittyspirit how are doreen virtues decks? i assume you like them from the amount of them that you have =P