Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MooPurple

tarot potential

Guest MooPurple

I was wondering-

I know everyone can read tarot and get decent results, but I was wondering does one have to be psychic to get the tarot cards to their full potential or do you believe that with the right practice that anyone can read tarot and have the best possible results?

Does being psychic help one to get even more out of the cards than their general meanings?

I think as with everything being aware or psychic must enhance and allow the person to have more insight. But I wonder when reading for yourself if even psychic's have trouble being objective or picking up the right meanings ect..

Vivian

Well, to answer the original question Moo, i think of course the more intuition you have, the better you will be at reading the cards and understanding what messages pop out and which ones aren't as strong. However, anyone can read the cards and get something out of it (if they expect too.) But the more you work with the cards and let your pshycic abilities develop, the better you will be.. =)

Now to answer Emily, hmm.. how do i explain it, Tarot is basically a deck of cards that has pictures on it.. you ask it a question, maybe "Will i have a good relationship with Bob?" Then you pick out a card or a few cards. Each card has a dif. meaning so you kind of interperet their meanings to come up with your answer! Like if you get the "lovers" card, it will mean you two will have a good loving relationship, if you get "Tower" or "the Devil" it might mean it won't turn out so good..

I was wondering-

I know everyone can read tarot and get decent results, but I was wondering does one have to be psychic to get the tarot cards to their full potential or do you believe that with the right practice that anyone can read tarot and have the best possible results?

Does being psychic help one to get even more out of the cards than their general meanings?

I don't think you need to be psychic, but open towards receiving messages through symbols. I think Tarot is very presonal and I always suggest that anyone new to the art, should do what feel right to them. I know I am really strange with the way I go about reading and do not consider myself to be psychic at all.

Peace, Peggy

Guest MooPurple

Yeah. It makes sense that of course if you are psychic you will have more intuition so the cards do have deeper meanings.

I wanted to ask this question and since its on the same topic don't see the need to start a new thread!

Sometimes when I'm reading I'll read cards the wrong way such as I'll read reversed cards as normal and normal cards as reversed. This rarely happens, but thats just the way I see the card at the time. Then I go back and realize I read it wrong, however at the time of reading it seems like the better answer.

Anyway, I'm sort of thinking the cards "want" to be read that way instead of the way they are placed, but I don't know. It could just be that I'm not paying attention, but I don't believe thats the case because I see them as facing the other way when reading.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yeah. It makes sense that of course if you are psychic you will have more intuition so the cards do have deeper meanings.

I wanted to ask this question and since its on the same topic don't see the need to start a new thread!

Sometimes when I'm reading I'll read cards the wrong way such as I'll read reversed cards as normal and normal cards as reversed. This rarely happens, but thats just the way I see the card at the time. Then I go back and realize I read it wrong, however at the time of reading it seems like the better answer.

Anyway, I'm sort of thinking the cards "want" to be read that way instead of the way they are placed, but I don't know. It could just be that I'm not paying attention, but I don't believe thats the case because I see them as facing the other way when reading.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes and no. I have had the feeling to read both the up-right and reversed meanings, so now do it with all my reading. And yes the cards, though, I know, do not have a mind of their own, do seem to let us know how we should read them. :lol:

You said that everyone can read Tarot and get good results. Well, if they believe that good results are possible and they take note of the imagery and interpret it well -- then yes, they can. :)

Why? Well, using Tarot cards is, if you will, a psychic process...

So, does that mean everyone has psychic abilities? Yes, I believe this is the case...It's simply part of what we are. However, many people either are never aware of them, or if they become aware, they choose not to develop them or may even deny their existence. Of course, just as with most other human abilities, the range of psychic abilities (and their strengths) varies from person to person. While some people can achieve very high levels of accuracy and depth of detail with Tarot, it doesn't mean that everyone will eventually reach the same level. We can all work at it and improve, of course -- just as we can if we learn to play a musical instrument, ride a bicycle, write poetry or whatever. The ability to effectively use and interpret Tarot cards can certainly be developed by practice and by taking the time to consider the deeper aspects of the cards' imagery. After a while, you begin to see the inter-relationships between the cards in a spread and appreciate the ways that some can heighten or alter the "surface" interpretations of the others.

It's also true that it can be difficult to read for yourself, simply because it is our nature to see things from a subjective viewpoint. However, Tarot still have value even for self-reading -- as long as we are willing to accept what is really being shown to us. :B

One of the key things about Tarot is that the cards do not "predict the future". They don't say what will (or must) happen; instead, they indicate what influences exist that could lead to a certain span of future events. It's like if we look at the sky and see heavy clouds coming in. Having gained experience of what those clouds mean, we interpret their potential influence on our near future: namely, it's gonna rain cats and dogs! However, those clouds don't guarantee that we will get soaked when we go out, but they do give us a guide as to what we should do and what choices we should make. Of course, if we ignore what they are telling us and just go out for a walk completely unprepared (meaning without an umbrella!), then our "future" appears to be pretty certain. Most likely we'll get soaked! But considering the way the weather goes sometimes, even that reasonable certainty may not come to pass. The clouds might blow away or (here in Europe at least), the temperature could drop and instead of a downpour -- it snows... :P

The fundamental thing is that we can (and we do) affect our own future. Every day. By using the information from the Tarot, the person being read for can often make better, more balanced decisions and have a greater chance of bringing about the future they would vastly prefer. :D The Tarot is a tool, just like using a crystal, or scrying, or using a pendulum, or working with aspects of astrology or numerology. It's not tools that make things happen, though, it's what we do with them and how well we do it that really matters. :)

Guest MooPurple

Lenky, you're very right. Tarot just shows a possible path depending on the course of action you'll take.

Of course you cannot rely on it to tell the future-an example is you may do two readings for the same issue but they get different results-that just shows that results vary a lot and that it just shows possible paths.

Right now I am just having trouble remembering the general meanings of the cards. I know all the majors relatively well, but the minor suites are difficult to memorise for me. Luckily, I have a booklet that tells me what the cards mean. hehe I hope i can learn to read into the cards more. At least I am learning how to interpret them for different situations.