meglamus

The Rant Thread!

:angry3: u know what i hate? :angry3:

when the universe gives me these so called "visions". they are:

1. realistic

2. hurts my head

3. about something that isn't a laughing matter

4. a nuisance

they give me these so called "visions" about someone (andy) who is my best friend ever. i go shopping, come back with a headache, have a vision about him lying on the floor. then my leg tingles a while after, and this guy with a rolling pin has hurt andy's leg.

THEN he screams.

now, thankyou to my dear friend on here who said that it was anxiety. thankyou extremely much (no sarcasm!!). because well, ive quite had enough really. i have had enough with getting these "visions" that hurt my head, then suddenly they arent real. im sorry universe, but no. you cant just say "just kidding!" about this one. because andy could have been hurt, and that is nooo laughing matter.

*grumbles*

i love empathy etc... i really do.

but these "visions"? im fed up, really. just fed up.

Hi Third Eye, I'm not in a good space at the moment and have been refraining from writing. I felt compelled to add this, I hope it makes sense.

It sounds like an unpleasant place to be and I feel for you. I do wonder though about the caring aspect of your relationship with your husband. My thoughts are if people genuinely care about another's happiness then they would not want their loved ones to be feeling this way.

It sounds as if the family are unwilling to compromise and seem to resent any interference with their ways and practices. If you choose to stay with them, then finding ways to accept how they are would help toward solving your problems. Comparing them to your standards and ideals will continue to fuel your anger and resentment.

If your husband doesn't want to stay with your mother then that's his choice and you are supporting his need to stay with his family and with him. But if you need to move back in with your mother for a time because it will be better for your wellbeing, and if you have communicated your needs and he truely cares for you then he would understand this. There could also be the understanding that you would be back living together once the finances are sorted and you are able to afford your own place. Rather than risk the relationship breaking down because you are so unhappy where you are.

Ergh. I'm sick of projects and sick of people wanting me to do things on my last weekend up here. I finally got the last project (out of 6) done for one class. On top of which, I gave up caring in that class the last week of February. I know it probably wasn't the brightest idea but I'm not the only one having issues with that class. We're supposed to be learning how to teach children how to read. All I've learned is my disgust for graphic organizers and nothing useful towards my major. A loves the class but that's because the prof only teaches towards teachers; she doesn't teach towards those of us in speech pathology (speech teachers) or librarians. And I know it's not my problem when the majority of my next class has the same issue as did my boyfriend's roommate. Plus to another project, I had to write at the top that ETHICALLY I wasn't sure what I was allowed to write. The prof also goes on about how some things are common place and yet, I've never seen them implemented throughout my school years or even when I went back for various things school-related. Plus, we're learning about fluency in reading and the stages of word learning. There's nothing in my notes about those of us who learned to read "too fast" (aka chapter books in kindergarten). The prof also uses PowerPoint and doesn't seem to get the message that too many pictures are distracting. And on Thursday (it's a Tuesday/Thursday class), she wanted us all to sing. I outright refused as did one of the girls next to me. I almost walked out. Two more days left; if I don't walk out one of these two days, I'll be surprised.

As for the second half, I already have 3 things to do over the weekend. And then next week is finals. Did you people ever consider that I might be studying for finals the next day?!

That's all

Hi Third Eye, I'm not in a good space at the moment and have been refraining from writing. I felt compelled to add this, I hope it makes sense.

It sounds like an unpleasant place to be and I feel for you. I do wonder though about the caring aspect of your relationship with your husband. My thoughts are if people genuinely care about another's happiness then they would not want their loved ones to be feeling this way.

It sounds as if the family are unwilling to compromise and seem to resent any interference with their ways and practices. If you choose to stay with them, then finding ways to accept how they are would help toward solving your problems. Comparing them to your standards and ideals will continue to fuel your anger and resentment.

If your husband doesn't want to stay with your mother then that's his choice and you are supporting his need to stay with his family and with him. But if you need to move back in with your mother for a time because it will be better for your wellbeing, and if you have communicated your needs and he truely cares for you then he would understand this. There could also be the understanding that you would be back living together once the finances are sorted and you are able to afford your own place. Rather than risk the relationship breaking down because you are so unhappy where you are.

Thanks! It would make sense to say that he should care for my wellbeing....sometimes I wonder. He only seems to think that only the "physical" wellbeing is important, and that feelings don't really matter. You have listed some really good points, and I will have to sit down and think about what would be best.....and if maybe there's something he's not telling me.

Thanks! It would make sense to say that he should care for my wellbeing....sometimes I wonder. He only seems to think that only the "physical" wellbeing is important, and that feelings don't really matter. You have listed some really good points, and I will have to sit down and think about what would be best.....and if maybe there's something he's not telling me.

Some people don't handle things beyond the physical that well and it may not be comfortable for him to talk about feelings. Also he's back in his old turf, possibly enjoying some freedom from responsibilities, like being a boy again. He may need a gentle reminder that it's only a temporary fix till you both get back on your feet and the sooner the better. Plan together how it can be done and make the outcomes exciting in some way. Maybe throw in ideas for a holiday (or anything you both might be interested in). I believe that making plans for the future is a sign of a healthy relationship and it's very reassuring. If he feels more secure he may be more accepting about you staying elsewhere for a while. But do tell him it needs to be sooner than later, and try negotiating a time frame for your plans. Good luck..

Some people don't handle things beyond the physical that well and it may not be comfortable for him to talk about feelings. Also he's back in his old turf, possibly enjoying some freedom from responsibilities, like being a boy again. He may need a gentle reminder that it's only a temporary fix till you both get back on your feet and the sooner the better. Plan together how it can be done and make the outcomes exciting in some way. Maybe throw in ideas for a holiday (or anything you both might be interested in). I believe that making plans for the future is a sign of a healthy relationship and it's very reassuring. If he feels more secure he may be more accepting about you staying elsewhere for a while. But do tell him it needs to be sooner than later, and try negotiating a time frame for your plans. Good luck..

Thanks! Your advice has been an eye-opener for me. I always find it fascinating when I can give good advice to others, but can't think clearly about any advice for myself lol. :D

time for work....ugh.

I am so tired of not having enough money for rent, or bills or even food...and everyone thinking that I am not trying to look for work. It's tough out there for everyone, but for some reason it feels like I have to justify to all why I can't seem to find anything right now. Despite the fact that I've called places, sent resumes online everywhere, walked up the main streets of two towns talking to business owners and talked to people till I'm blue in the face, it never seem's quite good enough for anyone.

Add on top of that, and I hate to say it because I love helping people so much, my friends and family and I would do anything to see others happy. Just for once I wish someone would actually listen to me, not cut me off when I need to talk and get my frustrations out and just tell me about their's. Is that selfish?? I'm afraid of losing our place, my partner is very depressed and I've done everything to help, but right now I need to heal to, I just don't know how. My friend keeps on telling its easy, I just need to meditate and then gets mad at me when I can't meditate like her, or 'feels' that I haven't even trie.d

I think that's the biggest kicker right now, I'm just frustrated and angry that everyone seem's to know how I should be and how I am feeling without even asking me.

Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....sorry for all that self pity babble, I just needed a release and I didn't know where else to bring it.

Thank you so much for whoever started the rant thread!! It's amazing!!!

I am so emotionally drained. My husband treats me with no respect and doesn't seem to even care. I feel like I'm living in a dictatorship where he is king. When I try to express myself, he won't listen. His thoughts and opinions are the only way in his eyes. When he's upset with me for pointing out something he is saying or doing that is hurtful, he runs to his mom and she gets involved or he explodes and yells hurtful things at me. Just a couple days ago, he started saying if I didn't go with him to his friends house that he would not go to my family's funerals when they die. And stuff like **** b****. It feels like everyone in my home is against me because I make their "little baby" upset sometimes. He needs to grow the **** up. I am so sick of this, I feel like I'm in a prison. The very thought of leaving and moving in with my mom gives me the feeling of freedom and happiness. It actually brings a smile to my face the thought of getting out of this unstable household where it seems like people are "teaming" up against me. I'm in a love-hate relationship with my husband and I'm not sure I can take it anymore. My thought is: I need to get out while I still can before too much emotional damage is done. Also, I think he might be doing drugs.

im fed up, really fed up.

i want my parents to realise that i really don't want to play the french horn anymore. i simply hate it. but no.

i am fed up. they dont realise that I have a life outside of music. I'm not doing music A-level. I only want to do singing. i only enjoy singing; not stupid horn or piano.

but NOOOOO if i tell them this, i get empathy. all the tears and anger goes and builds up inside, so i have to go and practice every day for whatnot many hours. Im just so sick and tired of it!!

They don't realise at all. I don't care anymore. its getting to the point where I'm counting the seconds in my horn lessons.

so Im stuck. I'm not blaming empathy, even though I could do without it in this case...

Guest ColorMySoul

I feel like the Universe has abandoned me.

I'm trying so hard to keep my life of track. I'm trying so hard to stay on top of my homework and whatnot. But my job seems to trump my homework, because my boss constantly wants me to put my job over my school work. I have to work from noon to whenever he's done. Then the next day, when I normally do my homework, he wants me to make an ad or fix the layout. I have school, yanno. I'm supposed to be graduating in May but because I've had to put work over school, I'm afraid I'm not going to pass a couple classes. I totally BOMBED my math test. I think I have a 61 in the class for the whole semester and I need a 60 to pass. Ugh.

Now that I have two jobs, it's even HARDER to stay on top of my school work. I go to school, work, go home, do homework, school, work, homework, school, work, homework. WEEKEND! Nope. Work, sleep, wake up, eat, get ready, work, sleep. Do it all over again. I work 20 hours a week at my original job. Almost 40 at my new job. And I'm a full time student. I got off work last night. And my feet hurt so bad that when I got home, I started crying. I've been at my job now for 2 1/2 years. And the only thing I do all day is sit at a computer. I'm not used to being on my feet for 8 hours a day, four days in a row. lol And my boyfriend doesn't understand my frustration because he's had to stand on his feet at every job he's had. He doesn't have sympathy for me at all because he doesn't understand.

And to top it all off, I'm gaining weight. Ten or fifteen pounds I've gained in the last month. I have no idea where it's all coming from. But it just keeps coming. I feel disgusting. I've never weighed this much in my life. My boyfriend, of course, still thinks I look beautiful. But I feel like an enormous cow.

I'm just so sick of being busy. Today is my first day off in like a month. I feel like I should be doing something. But I'm just so exhausted. I just don't want to do anything. I should be doing homework. But I'm so tired. But knowing me, I'll do some homework tonight once I feel a little more energized. My mind just doesn't want to function anymore.

I feel like the Universe has abandoned me.

I'm trying so hard to keep my life of track. I'm trying so hard to stay on top of my homework and whatnot. But my job seems to trump my homework, because my boss constantly wants me to put my job over my school work. I have to work from noon to whenever he's done. Then the next day, when I normally do my homework, he wants me to make an ad or fix the layout. I have school, yanno. I'm supposed to be graduating in May but because I've had to put work over school, I'm afraid I'm not going to pass a couple classes. I totally BOMBED my math test. I think I have a 61 in the class for the whole semester and I need a 60 to pass. Ugh.

Now that I have two jobs, it's even HARDER to stay on top of my school work. I go to school, work, go home, do homework, school, work, homework, school, work, homework. WEEKEND! Nope. Work, sleep, wake up, eat, get ready, work, sleep. Do it all over again. I work 20 hours a week at my original job. Almost 40 at my new job. And I'm a full time student. I got off work last night. And my feet hurt so bad that when I got home, I started crying. I've been at my job now for 2 1/2 years. And the only thing I do all day is sit at a computer. I'm not used to being on my feet for 8 hours a day, four days in a row. lol And my boyfriend doesn't understand my frustration because he's had to stand on his feet at every job he's had. He doesn't have sympathy for me at all because he doesn't understand.

And to top it all off, I'm gaining weight. Ten or fifteen pounds I've gained in the last month. I have no idea where it's all coming from. But it just keeps coming. I feel disgusting. I've never weighed this much in my life. My boyfriend, of course, still thinks I look beautiful. But I feel like an enormous cow.

I'm just so sick of being busy. Today is my first day off in like a month. I feel like I should be doing something. But I'm just so exhausted. I just don't want to do anything. I should be doing homework. But I'm so tired. But knowing me, I'll do some homework tonight once I feel a little more energized. My mind just doesn't want to function anymore.

* hugs *

I know how you feel... I have just off-loaded one of my jobs: six more 16 page lesson books to write and I'm done.

I want my life back!

Take your day off, sweetie... you deserve it.

I am so emotionally drained. My husband treats me with no respect and doesn't seem to even care. I feel like I'm living in a dictatorship where he is king. When I try to express myself, he won't listen. His thoughts and opinions are the only way in his eyes. When he's upset with me for pointing out something he is saying or doing that is hurtful, he runs to his mom and she gets involved or he explodes and yells hurtful things at me. Just a couple days ago, he started saying if I didn't go with him to his friends house that he would not go to my family's funerals when they die. And stuff like **** b****. It feels like everyone in my home is against me because I make their "little baby" upset sometimes. He needs to grow the **** up. I am so sick of this, I feel like I'm in a prison. The very thought of leaving and moving in with my mom gives me the feeling of freedom and happiness. It actually brings a smile to my face the thought of getting out of this unstable household where it seems like people are "teaming" up against me. I'm in a love-hate relationship with my husband and I'm not sure I can take it anymore. My thought is: I need to get out while I still can before too much emotional damage is done. Also, I think he might be doing drugs.

Here's a thought... you're 22?

You want to be doing this for another 50 years? :huh:

I'm so frustrated that I broke down and cried. My door is shut so no one can get in. I hate my class! God only knows what's going to be on the final because the prof is so flippin' vague. I had to borrow notes one of the people in my roomie A's class gave A because mine were vague because that's all the prof gave to my class. I have nothing on teaching people how to read; nothing at all! As for what I'm supposed to study, not much better. I'm just so frustrated from everything; I'm still crying. I can't stand this anymore. I'm more worried about this class than I am about my other final tomorrow. I've given myself a headache and I can't calm down. It's been a long time since I was this frustrated; I think I got this frustrated doing Calc and that was 4 years ago! I need a hug, I need a break, I need life to slow down for one flippin' moment. I realized that I missed something that was tonight and if they ask, I'm telling them I was studying (it's true). None of them bothered to remind me so screw them. I'm angry and frustrated and in really big need of a hug.

I'm so frustrated that I broke down and cried. My door is shut so no one can get in. I hate my class! God only knows what's going to be on the final because the prof is so flippin' vague. I had to borrow notes one of the people in my roomie A's class gave A because mine were vague because that's all the prof gave to my class. I have nothing on teaching people how to read; nothing at all! As for what I'm supposed to study, not much better. I'm just so frustrated from everything; I'm still crying. I can't stand this anymore. I'm more worried about this class than I am about my other final tomorrow. I've given myself a headache and I can't calm down. It's been a long time since I was this frustrated; I think I got this frustrated doing Calc and that was 4 years ago! I need a hug, I need a break, I need life to slow down for one flippin' moment. I realized that I missed something that was tonight and if they ask, I'm telling them I was studying (it's true). None of them bothered to remind me so screw them. I'm angry and frustrated and in really big need of a hug.

Awwwwww... here's a hug :angel2:

polar-bear-funny-dog-death-hug.jpg

No wonder you feel so agitated... so much to live up to and so much pressure.

You're allowed to feel like that for as long as you need to. It's good that you can acknowledge what you're feeling. It helps to release it.

B-R-E-A-T-H-E

Then... ask for help.

Awwwwww... here's a hug :angel2:

polar-bear-funny-dog-death-hug.jpg

No wonder you feel so agitated... so much to live up to and so much pressure.

You're allowed to feel like that for as long as you need to. It's good that you can acknowledge what you're feeling. It helps to release it.

B-R-E-A-T-H-E

Then... ask for help.

Thanks. And I love the picture. It's cute!

I just got tired of people thinking I had all the answers. I'm surprised I haven't had a meltdown before now.

I got rather annoyed today because the people who I was working with said I am to slow, which was confirmation for me that I wont be taking up the job and all the way between the locations there was constant swearing and other abuse going on

Guest ColorMySoul

More... :(

So my dad called me yesterday and told me that my dental and eye insurance is going to run out when I graduate in 3 weeks. Which lemme tell ya, is horrible news. Because now, on top of being busy with school and two jobs, I have to make an appointment to get an eye exam, buy new glasses and order new contacts. Then I have to call the dentist, get a general checkup, and get xrays for my wisdom teeth which might have to come out. All of this within three weeks or it'll never happen.

My week? Terrible. Yesterday was my day off, and I took it. Today, had to get up at 8 to go to class. Now I'm at job #1. Then I have to go home, eat, shower, go to job #2 from 2:30-11:30. Then tomorrow, I have to get to job #1 as early as I can so that I can use the computer to do a presentation for my English class that's due on Thursday. Then Thursday is my English presentation and a doctor's appointment. Then I work at job #2 on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 2:30-11:30. Then Monday gives me another day off. But I'm going to have to due homework because I have 10 quizzes due in my Astronomy class next Friday. And since I've missed 2 exams in that class (because it's an online class and he only has the exams open for the weekend, and I work all weekend!!), he told me that if I finish all the quizzes, he'll let me take the exams that I missed. Then Tuesday is, again, class, work #1, home, work #2.

Oh I just can't WAIT for school to be over. Once it's over, the stress will just go with it. I just need a break. Just when I think things are finally starting to slow down, more pops up. I just can't catch a break. I'm trying so ahrd to stay on top of my classes. I'm graduating in 3 weeks. And there's a possibility that I might fail two classes. Two out of my SIX classes with two jobs. I won't know if I'm going to pass until four days before my commencement ceremony. Man, won't that be a shocker to my family. "Hey, Beth! Where should we go for the ceremony?" "Ohh, about that. Yeah, I failed a class, so I'm not graduating this year. Look at it this way.. At least you don't have plans on Wednesday night anymore! :D"

...What the beep am I going to do? I've been begging the Universe for help. Help to keep my memory in tact so that I'll remember when assignments or due, or remember answers to questions on quizzes. I've been begging the Universe to help me find a second job, one in my field, and all I get is Walmart, that just so happens to be hurting more than helping. I've been begging the Universe to take my stress away, and all it does is send me a dream about a creepy skinny dude with a metal hand. Thanks, Universe. Way to be a team player.

I don't know whether to be annoyed, confused or amazed. Since I am more annoyed than anything else, this is going here. I was driving up for my boyfriend's graduation and 20 miles away from the exit, my car dies. No idea how or why, it just dies. So I'm stranded on the side of the highway and calling what feels like the entire world (my boyfriend to explain why I'm not coming, AAA for roadside assistance, and my parents to find out what they want to do). We get the car towed all the way down to the dealership that services our cars and what happens? The car decides to turn on and run. So I'm kind of annoyed, confused and amazed at my car.

my dad and younger brother got me something I did not need or want for my birthday coming up tuesday I said to them several times that if I wanted it I would get it myself but for some reason they do not like listening to me

ugh 3 words

I've had enough.

ive had enough of my brother getting EVERYTHING and yes, i mean everything.

ive had enough with everyone calling me weird

ive had enough with this stupid coursework which is ruining my life even more

ive had enough with school

ive had enough with my brother being the WORLD to my parents.

ive had enough with falling for someone who doesnt like me back

ive just had enough :(

haha just got the sudden feeling to post on the rant thread...

OK fess up, who wanted to have a rant? :D

if no one wants to rant, well then i guess the universe is telling me to rant.... but i got nothing to rant about.... soooo

rant rant rant rant rant rant

Just because I work in a department store does not mean I'm an idiot who can only do basic math. I HATE certain customers especially the ones who are stupid enough to leave their stuff in the fitting room and blame the workers! I'm done now.

I am getting annoyed at my doctor telling me I have to take medication for a condition I might not have and saying it has no sideeffects yet my dad took the same medication and ended up with bleeding in his stomach, and then a person who isn't a doctor told me if I don't take the medication I will get pneumonia even though I hardly ever have a cold since I reduced the amount of fruit and vegetables I have in my diet