Universal Psychic Guild Forum
DorkyGuy

Favorite Quotes!

Hi everyone! Just something for fun....

I have several favorite quotes that I really love. The ones I'm always drawn to either help keep me centered, or, they can be quotes or funny pictures that just make me laugh which for me is very healing.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has any favorite quotes, or funnies that they would like to share.

I'll start with one of each, one that helps keep me centered, and one that always cracks me up!

** "Humility does not mean you think less of yourself. It means you think of yourself less."

~~Ken Blanchard

**Here's one of my favorite funnies (sorry Victoria..I know you've already seen this one)

post-42306-12693293939314_thumb.jpg

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

"You just have to learn to be present and in the moment. Life is a series of obstacles. It's not a question of can we manage them, but how. Sometimes they can come all at once, but we can't conquer them all at once. You relax, you release, you find your center. Only then will you be successful. Focus, block out the rest of the world. Only feel your breath. Allow the impossible to become possible." - Oliver Driver as Master Swoop, Power Rangers Jungle Fury

"Nothing in the world is the way it ought to be. It's harsh, and cruel. But that's why there's us. It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - David Boreanaz as Angel, Angel (TV series)

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Preparedness meets opportunity." - Trish Stratus, 7 time WWE Womens Champion

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." - Albert Einstein

"Courage isn't about not having fear. It's about not listening to fear." - Worf, Star Trek TNG The Manga, Changeling

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

One of my favorate qoutes is stuck on my doctors bathroom door. "I know I'm special cause God don't make no junk" and another I try to live by: " Life's a journey, enjoy the ride."

According to multiple people including my Pappy...."Don't get old."

Guest dit_blanc

Here's mine:

"I know I'm special cause God don't make no junk"

Here's another which is rather more cynical:

We must think outside the box ... but only to read the instructions.

Guest Dot
We must think outside the box ... but only to read the instructions.

Hahahaha! That's a good one! ---Grins.---

Guest dit_blanc

This from someone from the Indian sub continent complaining about British rule.

The only thing of worth the British ever taught us was to pee standing up.

I kid you not. I wish now I'd kept the reference.

well nice starting:

my favorite quote is:

kish.jpg

I love my friends and specially those moments which I spend with them, friend and love is really very close thing many times we find our lover in our friend and that one is very special in our life and we make family relationship with that very person actually I'm saying like that because its my own experience.

and I believe on today as well as my , I read my daily horoscope and predict my life in a positive manner.

No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. ~ Nietzsche

Tolerance for beliefs is one thing, tolerance for the social enactment of beliefs is another. ~ John Lamb Lash

All your barriers are self-inflicted. ~ scamp

True happiness is fidelity to a working purpose. ~ Helen Keller

I am not as beautiful as you. I am as beautiful as me.

You yourself are the eternal energy which appears as this universe. You didn't come into this world; you came out of it. Like a wave from the ocean. ~ Alan Watts

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. – Rumi

There is only one being that is, and every person, every animal, and even every sun, every planet and every other heavenly body is only an instrument for the manifestation of this one and only being that is. ~ Elisabeth Haich

Just as you breathe soul into everything you create, you can breathe soul into a painful memory. You give it life. It is just as much a prisoner as you are. You must set it free. ~ The Gears, The Broken Land

Oh I've got lots more! I love quotes.

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains And we never even know we have the key. ~ Already Gone, The Eagles

No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from. ~ Jewel, Life Uncommon

Set down your chains till only faith remains. ~ Jewel, Life Uncommon

God does not die on that day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die when our lives cease to be illuminated by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reasoning. When the sense of the earth unites with the sense of one's body, one becomes earth of the earth, a plant among plants, an animal born from the soil and fertilizing it. In this union, the body is confirmed in its pantheism. – Dag Hammarskold, Secretary General of the U.N. (1953-1961)

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~ Edvard Munch

It is a strange thing that beauty effortlessly receives love, even if it is possessed by the unworthy, while a noble soul in frequently disdained if it lives in an unprepossessing body. ~Taylor Caldwell

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers. It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow. I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment. ~ from Gitanjali

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. ~ Nelson Mandela

The presence of the divine in the universe doesn't necessarily depend on or argue for the presence of gods. ~ Daniel Quinn, Providence

Napolean Bonapart ~ A man will fight harder for his interests than he will for what is right.

The only devils in this world are those running around in our own hearts, and that is where all our battles should be fought. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

It's too big a world to be in competition with everybody else. The only person I need to be better than is who I am right now. ~ Col. Potter, M.A.S.H.

I have waaay too many, but some of my favorites are from the retired series Northern Exposure:

- “The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back. Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark.”

- "There are probably some folks out there who're saying, 'I'm never going to have a rush like that. Earth's a parking lot and outer space is just too pricey.' Well, let me tell you, there are lots of ways to blaze a trail. I often wonder about those unsung heroes of the past, like the prehistoric gourmet who looked at a lobster and said, 'I'm going to eat that.' Or the first healer who picked up a knife and said, 'Let's operate, boys!' See, adventures come in lots of shapes and sizes, from getting a haircut to falling in love. Just putting yourself behind the wheel and backing out of the driveway-- well that can be a sublime act of faith as well as a monumental act of courage."

I get a lot of my quotes from the TV show Criminal Minds. :D My favorite quote from that show is...

We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves. ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Make no mistake about it—enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the façade of pretense. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true. ~ Adyashanti

EDITED TO CORRECT AN IMPORTANT WORD!!!

Make no mistake about it—enlightenment is a descriptive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It’s seeing through the façade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true. ~ Adyashanti

Excellent, VW! This is the Zen "Chop Wood, Carry Water" story.

Please note that I edited my original post due to incorrectly typing a crucial word. :wacko:

Yes. That fits even better with chop wood carry water.

I liken it to being a sculptor.

The piece reveals itself in the taking away, not the adding to.

Love your quotes and post...and mostly your rigorous thought behind each.

Out beyond ideas

of wrongdoing and rightdoing,

there is a field.

I'll meet you there.

~ Jelaluddin Rumi, 13th Century

Envy is the religion of the mediocre. It comforts them, it soothes their worries,and finally it rots their souls, allowing them to justify their meanness andtheir greed until they believe these to be virtues. Such people are convinced that the doors ofheaven will be opened only to poor wretches like themselves who go through lifewithout leaving any trace but their threadbare attempts to belittle others andto exclude—and destroy if possible—those who, by the simple fact of theirexistence, show their own poorness of spirit, mind, and guts. Blessed be the one at whom the fools bark,because his soul will never belong to them. ~ The Angel's Game by Carolos RuizZafon

The ultimate object of human fear isBeauty; nothing is more disarming, more ravishing, than its eruption in ourlives. Beauty alone brings us to ourknees without abasement, washes away all humiliation, heals us of all rancor,and reconciles us with the universe. ~ Claire Lejeune