Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Botyfltiger

Lets have some tarot fun!

Did you know that everyone has their own individual life time card? Some even have two or 3 cards.

They are known as your Soul & Personality cards.

Your Soul card shows who you essentially are; your higher soul, spirit, Self.

Your Personality card shows your ego, or external individuality: your personal I or Me card. Gives distinctive behaviors, mental and emotional traits.

Your personality card suggests how your soul is being expressed and perfected. Because your personality is an extension of your soul, your soul card comes before your personality card.

Now, how does one figure out their Soul and Personality cards?

One would take their date of birth, add up the numbers till you get a whole number.

I will use my birth date to show as an example.

July 18, 1974 would be 7+18+19+74= 118 add 118 1+1+8=10 10 Breaks down to 1.

My Soul card would be The Wheel of Fortune and my personality card would be The Magician.

Some people add them like this. 7+1+8+1+9+7+4=37. 3+7=10. 1+0=1

Or

7+18+1974=1999, breaks down to 1+9+9+9=28. 2+8=10. 10 1+0=1

As you see either of the above ways are fine, you'll still get your card or cards.

Some people may even have the same card for their Soul and Personality.

If your birth date adds up to a larger digit.

As an example shown here. July 2, 1970= 7+2+1970= 1979 Breaks down to 1+9+7+9= 26.

Since we are only using the Major Arcana and they number 0 to 21. The number 26 is to high of a number.

So you break it down like 2+6=8. Showing the Soul and Personality cards being the same card. In this case the 8TH card is Strength (OR Justice, depending on which tarot number system you use.)

Some people even have 3 cards. If your date of birth adds up to 19, you get one more or 2 cards then everyone else. Some people say this is your meditating card, the card you use to help you overcome conflicts, power struggles, or tension between your soul and personality.

The 19th Card of the tarot is The Sun. 1+9=10 The Wheel of Fortune. Your Soul card is The Sun, your Personality card is the Wheel of Fortune. 10=1+0=1 your helper card or meditating card is The Magician.

There is so much that you can do with tarot cards for fun and for serious knowledge. As always remember, there is no right or wrong way when it comes to learning and using tarot cards.

I am in hope some of you would try out this exercise and post your cards or card up for discussion..

Peace and Love

Okay I'll bite.

You have to explain my card though, Boty.

4 + 1 + 19 + 84 = 108

1 + 0 + 8 = 9

4 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 4 = 27

2 + 7 = 9

4 + 1 + 1984 = 1989

1 + 9 + 8 + 9 = 27

2 + 7 = 9

Card nine!

Sept 6th 1977 so 9+6+1+9+7+7 = 39 ... 3+9 =12 ... 1+2=3

Or, 9+6=15 + 19= 34 + 77 = 111 :) I like that.

So, 3. Did I do that right?

Sept 6th 1977 so 9+6+1+9+7+7 = 39 ... 3+9 =12 ... 1+2=3

Or, 9+6=15 + 19= 34 + 77 = 111 :) I like that.

So, 3. Did I do that right?

I think you have two cards, 12 and 3.

9 11 1961

9 + 11 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 1 = 37 3 + 7 = 10 1 + 0 = 1

So I guess I am 1? Lots of us 1's in here.

#1 - The Magician

If your tarot number is either 19 or 10, your soul is represented by the Magician. Visionary and inspirational, you’re the person people go to for new ideas. You’ve got the uncanny ability to turn your ideas into reality – or at least get others so excited that they turn your ideas into reality. Focus is a key to your success. If you put your mind to something in a serious way, you’re almost assured that it will become a reality. Communications and clear quick thinking are your gifts. Magic is nothing more than the manipulation of energy to one’s will. At their best, Magician types are positive masters of manipulation.

The Magician is the soul symbol for both the Wheel of Fortune and Sun personalities.

#10 - Wheel of Fortune

If your tarot number adds up to 10, your personality is represented by the Wheel of Fortune. Opportunity and new horizons keep your life spinning with regular change and new perspectives. You gather experiences from all walks of life and mold them into new prospects for your future. Creative communication and a willingness to move on are integral parts of your personality. Getting stuck in a rut drives you crazy, and if you ever feel trapped, the faster you shake things up the better. The world never stops, and neither can you. Wheel of Fortune types expect good fortune to come their way, and it usually does.

The Wheel of Fortune personality has the soul symbol of the Magician. If the Wheel is your creativity symbol, your personality symbol is the Sun and your soul symbol is the Magician.

I am in hope some of you would try out this exercise and post your cards or card up for discussion..

Peace and Love

Mine adds up to a 5.

:)

Mine adds up to a 5.

:)

EDIT: Thank you for this thread Peggy.

As a result of doing this I have received an answer to a dilemma.

:wub:

Okay I'll bite.

You have to explain my card though, Boty.

4 + 1 + 19 + 84 = 108

1 + 0 + 8 = 9

4 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 4 = 27

2 + 7 = 9

4 + 1 + 1984 = 1989

1 + 9 + 8 + 9 = 27

2 + 7 = 9

Card nine!

Your card would be The Hermit. A great card for you I think. I do not know much about you, other then on this board, but you come off very wise, understanding, yet forceful with what you know.

I personally, look at the Hermit in a different way then most others do.

The traditional meaning of the card for the Rider Waite Tarot.

THE PICTORIAL KEY TO THE TAROT By Rider Waite 1909 or 11

The variation from the conventional models in this card is only that the lamp is not enveloped partially in the mantle of its bearer, who blends the idea of the Ancient of Days with the Light of the World It is a star which shines in the lantern. I have said that this is a card of attainment, and to extend this conception the figure is seen holding up his beacon on an eminence. Therefore the Hermit is not, as Court de Gebelin explained, a wise man in search of truth and justice; nor is he, as a later explanation proposes, an especial example of experience. His beacon intimates that "where I am, you also may be."

It is further a card which is understood quite incorrectly when it is connected with the idea of occult isolation, as the protection of personal magnetism against admixture. This is one of the frivolous renderings which we owe to Éliphas Lévi. It has been adopted by the French Order of Martinism and some of us have heard a great deal of the Silent and Unknown Philosophy enveloped by his mantle from the knowledge of the profane. In true Martinism, the significance of the term Philosophe inconnu was of another order. It did not refer to the intended concealment of the Instituted Mysteries, much less of their substitutes, but--like the card itself--to the truth that the Divine Mysteries secure their own protection from those who are unprepared.

To me, the Hermit is the bringer of light, or the light holder, but I do not agree he only is sought out. I think what the problem is. He can't handle restrictions. And all man made things are restrictions to The Hermits ability to be open minded and free from suggestive thought.

He is always willing to teach and the only condition is you share what you have been taught. The Hermit isn't in need of anything worthy of monetary value, unless it comes from within the wealth of learning and teaching. Thoth Tarot gives him a keyword. Fertility. That doesn't mean fertile, as in reproducing though sex. Rather reproducing through teaching and learning.

His planets are Mercury and Venus. His number is 9.

The number 9 is about being inspired, intuitive, creative.

Seeking to improve the world.

Asks to be mindful of not getting caught up into the mundane things in life, try avoid to much repetitiveness. To tight of a routine is not allowing your creative energies flow freely.

In a fewer words. Avoid pre suggestions.

Here are some Hermit images.

09.jpg

Hermit. Universal Fantasy Tarot Lo Scarabeo

# ISBN-10: 0738710601

# ISBN-13: 978-0738710600

the20hermit.jpg

Hermit Rider Waite Tarot by A. E. Waite

# ISBN-10: 0880796863

# ISBN-13: 978-0880796866

8f13.jpg

The Hermit Fey Tarot by Mara Aghem & R. Minetti

# ISBN-10: 0738706523

# ISBN-13: 978-0738706528

247e.jpg

The Hermit Celtic Dragon Tarot by D.J. Conway & Lisa Hunt

# ISBN-10: 1567181821

# ISBN-13: 978-1567181821

Thanks Boty! That was a huge post!

This thread encouraged me to dig out my Osho Zen deck.

The below cards are from Osho Zen Tarot by Ma Deva Padma, copyright Osho International Foundation Switzerland 1994

aloneness.jpg

When you are alone you are not alone, you are simply lonely–and there is a tremendous difference between loneliness and aloneness. When you are lonely you are thinking of the other, you are missing the other. Loneliness is a negative state. You are feeling that it would have been better if the other was there–your friend, your wife, your mother, your beloved, your husband. It would have been good if the other was there, but the other is not. Loneliness is absence of the other.

Aloneness is the presence of oneself. Aloneness is very positive. It is a presence, overflowing presence. You are so full of presence that you can fill the whole universe with your presence and there is no need for anybody.

- Osho The Discipline of Transcendence Volume 1, Chapter 2

When there is no “significant other” in our lives we can either be lonely, or enjoy the freedom that solitude brings. When we find no support among others for our deeply felt truths, we can either feel isolated and bitter, or celebrate the fact that our vision is strong enough even to survive the powerful human need for the approval of family, friends or colleagues. If you are facing such a situation now, be aware of how you are choosing to view your “aloneness” and take responsibility for the choice you have made.

The humble figure in this card glows with a light that emanates from within. One of Gautam Buddha’s most significant contributions to the spiritual life of humankind was to insist to his disciples, “Be a light unto yourself”. Ultimately, each of us must develop within ourselves the capacity to make our way through the darkness without any companions, maps or guide.

Vic, you got my favourite card from Osho - No-thingness

nothingness.jpg

Buddha has chosen one of the really very potential words - shunyata. The English word, the English equivalent, "nothingness", is not such a beautiful word. That's why I would like to make it "no-thingness" - because the nothing is not just nothing, it is all. It is vibrant with all possibilities. It is potential, absolute potential. It is unmanifest yet, but it contains all.

In the beginning is nature, in the end is nature, so why in the middle do you make so much fuss? Why, in the middle, becoming so worried, so anxious, so ambitious - why create such despair? Nothingness to nothingness is the whole journey.

Being "in the gap" can be disorienting and even scary. Nothing to hold on to, no sense of direction, not even a hint of what choices and possibilities might lie ahead. But it was just this state of pure potential that existed before the universe was created.

All you can do now is to relax into this no-thingness...fall into this silence between the words...watch this gap between the outgoing and incoming breath. And treasure each empty moment of the experience. Something sacred is about to be born.

Love it.

Nigel gets: 1 + 2 + 5 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 2 = 28

=10

=1

Ten and one.

And again, from Osho -

Nigel,

card 1 - Existence.

existence.jpg

You are not accidental. Existence needs you. Without you something will be missing in existence and nobody can replace it. That's what gives you dignity, that the whole existence will miss you. The stars and sun and moon, the trees and birds and earth - everything in the universe will feel a small place is vacant which cannot be filled by anybody except you.

This gives you a tremendous joy, a fulfillment that you are related to existence, and existence cares for you. Once you are clean and clear, you can see tremendous love falling on you from all dimensions.

This naked figure sits on the lotus leaf of perfection, gazing at the beauty of the night sky. She knows that "home" is not a physical place in the outside world, but an inner quality of relaxation and acceptance. The stars, the rocks, the trees, the flowers, fish and birds - all are our brothers and sisters in this dance of life. We human beings tend to forget this, as we pursue our own private agendas and believe we must fight to get what we need. But ultimately, our sense of separateness is just an illusion, manufactured by the narrow preoccupations of the mind.

Now is the time to look at whether you are allowing yourself to receive the extraordinary gift of feeling "at "home" wherever you are. If you are, be sure to take time to savor it so it can deepen and remain with you. If on the other hand you've been feeling like the world is out to get you, it's time to take a break. Go outside tonight and look at the stars.

And 10 - Change.

change.jpg

Life repeats itself mindlessly - unless you become mindful, it will go on repeating like a wheel. That's why Buddhists call it the wheel of life and death, the wheel of time. It moves like a wheel: birth is followed by death, death is followed by birth; love is followed by hate, hate is followed by love; success is followed by failure, failure is followed by success.

Just see! If you can watch just for a few days, you will see a pattern emerging, a wheel pattern. One day, a fine morning, you are feeling so good and so happy, and another day you are so dull, so dead that you start thinking of committing suicide. And just the other day you were so full of life, so blissful that you were feeling thankful to God, that you were in a mood of deep gratefulness, and today there is great complaint and you don't see the point why one should go on living.... And it goes on and on, but you don't see the pattern. Once you see the pattern, you can get out of it.

The symbol in this card is an enormous wheel representing time, fate, karma. Galaxies spin around this constantly moving circle, and the twelve signs of the zodiac appear on its circumference. Just inside the circumference are the eight trigrams of the I Ching, and even closer to the center are the four directions, each illuminated by the energy of lightning. The spinning triangle is at this moment pointed upward, toward the divine, and the Chinese symbol of yin and yang, male and female, creative and receptive, lies at the center.

It has often been said that the only unchanging thing in the world is change itself. Life is continuously changing, evolving, dying and being reborn. All opposites play a part in this vast circular pattern. If you cling to the edge of the wheel you can get dizzy! Move toward the center of the cyclone and relax, knowing that this too will pass.

Boty, the only problem I see with this is that it is impossible to get the Fool.

I think you have two cards, 12 and 3.

Oh, I was wondering if 12 was another one, but wasn'ts sure. Thanks Fooze. :)

07-12-1974

7+1+2+1+9+7+4=31 3+1=4

or is it with out the 19

7+12+74=93 9+3=12 1+2=3

or is it

7+1+2+7+4= 12 2+1=3

Oh I ALWAYS hated math, I lost my whole train of thought... can someone help me.. LOL I don't have any card either, nor do I know anything about them..

07-12-1974

7+1+2+1+9+7+4=31 3+1=4

or is it with out the 19

7+12+74=93 9+3=12 1+2=3

or is it

7+1+2+7+4= 12 2+1=3

Oh I ALWAYS hated math, I lost my whole train of thought... can someone help me.. LOL I don't have any card either, nor do I know anything about them..

Sure. Lets see, it can be done like this: 7+1+2+1+9+7+4 = 31 ... 3+1=4 like you did above. :)

or you could do it this way ... 7+12+19+74=112 ... 1+1+2 = 4 :) ...or 7+1+2+19+74= 103... 1+3=4 :)

So yep you had the right idea, just needed the 19 in that last one.

Cool, thanks, I wasn't sure if the 19 was included or not.

Now, does anyone know what all that means?? I know nothing about cards or anything of that nature, this is all so new to me.

Boty, the only problem I see with this is that it is impossible to get the Fool.

The Fool is both 0 and 22. So if you end up with 22, your card would be The Fool and 4 The Emperor.

Now, does anyone know what all that means?? I know nothing about cards or anything of that nature, this is all so new to me.

Duh I just sat here explaining these 3 cards and now realize I am responding with the wrong cards...

So for any one who ends up getting 19-10 and 1 here is my explanation for them cards in this tarot exercise.... <_<

________________________________________________________________________________

____-

The Sun would be the card you use for clarification of your other 2 cards.

The Sun, card number 19. I always start with saying. Is the most optimistic card in tarot. The Sun gives us the warmth and comforts in life, our energy. The Sun, in most decks is shown with a naked child riding bare back on a white horse. I was told once, the wall behind them is a symbol of hurdling your obstacles, or challenges that have been placed before you. Asks never to forget that child-like innocence some people tend to suppress. But also to be aware of how easily it is to feel vulnerable and naked. Yet if one were to embrace this vulnerability they would be able to face any and all fears that may bring you confusion.

1+9=10 The Wheel of Fortune would be your Soul card, is the card known as the Fate or Destiny. It is a reminder that you must keep working on the fears and challenges in your life, or you will forever and ever repeat them, not grow to the fullest potential of your psyche/personality. Lets us know that chaos is a big part of our growth, but is also at the same time addictive and can very easily become more of your daily life then you would like it to be. Ever hear the term addicted to drama? That is what the Wheel warns us not to do. It isn't saying not to ever allow chaos to effect us, but (goodness am I going to say this) to at times chalk it up to the Universe to deal with...

10= 1+0=1 The Magician. I happen to LOVE the Magician card. He is your personality card and is the answer to why you, just know things. He is a doer, a mover, someone who inspires other and motivates them into manifesting their wildest dreams. He represents all of the elements, and is why in most deck he is shown in front of a table with all of the symbols of all the suits of tarot. Usually a bowl or cup for water, a wand for fire, a disk with a pentacle for earth and an anthem for Air. He has studied and is a practices what he preaches kinda person. He is also the believer of As Above So Below, is usually shown either wearing the symbol of infinity or in some way has its symbol in the card. The Rider Waite Tarot shows the symbol above his head and he is pointing with one finger up to the sky or in some clone decks, is holding his wand/anthem up to show the above and the other arm is pointing down to show below. Saying we are all connected to each other as well as connected to the Universe.

I hope that helps ya a bit. I'll be back on in the AM.

7+1+2+1+9+7+4 = 31. 3+1=4

Your Soul and Personality card is the Emperor. In this way the meaning would be. You are the rule maker, you are the rule breaker. You are the one people come to for leadership and appraisal.

The Emperor is all about the laws of the Universe, at times can be a bit fickle and moody. I was told once his saying is "Its my way or the highway". Yes he is mature and is why he is this way. He in the long run, isn't meaning to be detached or belittling. It is that he has already been there done that. He is more so trying to stop you from harming yourself or is doing you the favor of letting you know what will happen if you were to go forward in the same experience he had already conquered. This is the way he protects. He'll say a lot of the times. Just take my advice and leave it at that. He is a worker, someone who has a lot of experience and isn't afraid to show that and jump into a leadership roll. So at times comes off very strong and even harder towards those he loves, cause his expectations are so vast for their behaviors.

He doesn't just give his acceptance though. That has to be earned first, isn't easy to lie to. He would be the father figure with in the tarot system.

Duh I just sat here explaining these 3 cards and now realize I am responding with the wrong cards...

So for any one who ends up getting 19-10 and 1 here is my explanation for them cards in this tarot exercise.... <_<

________________________________________________________________________________

____-

The Sun would be the card you use for clarification of your other 2 cards.

The Sun, card number 19. I always start with saying. Is the most optimistic card in tarot. The Sun gives us the warmth and comforts in life, our energy. The Sun, in most decks is shown with a naked child riding bare back on a white horse. I was told once, the wall behind them is a symbol of hurdling your obstacles, or challenges that have been placed before you. Asks never to forget that child-like innocence some people tend to suppress. But also to be aware of how easily it is to feel vulnerable and naked. Yet if one were to embrace this vulnerability they would be able to face any and all fears that may bring you confusion.

1+9=10 The Wheel of Fortune would be your Soul card, is the card known as the Fate or Destiny. It is a reminder that you must keep working on the fears and challenges in your life, or you will forever and ever repeat them, not grow to the fullest potential of your psyche/personality. Lets us know that chaos is a big part of our growth, but is also at the same time addictive and can very easily become more of your daily life then you would like it to be. Ever hear the term addicted to drama? That is what the Wheel warns us not to do. It isn't saying not to ever allow chaos to effect us, but (goodness am I going to say this) to at times chalk it up to the Universe to deal with...

10= 1+0=1 The Magician. I happen to LOVE the Magician card. He is your personality card and is the answer to why you, just know things. He is a doer, a mover, someone who inspires other and motivates them into manifesting their wildest dreams. He represents all of the elements, and is why in most deck he is shown in front of a table with all of the symbols of all the suits of tarot. Usually a bowl or cup for water, a wand for fire, a disk with a pentacle for earth and an anthem for Air. He has studied and is a practices what he preaches kinda person. He is also the believer of As Above So Below, is usually shown either wearing the symbol of infinity or in some way has its symbol in the card. The Rider Waite Tarot shows the symbol above his head and he is pointing with one finger up to the sky or in some clone decks, is holding his wand/anthem up to show the above and the other arm is pointing down to show below. Saying we are all connected to each other as well as connected to the Universe.

I hope that helps ya a bit. I'll be back on in the AM.

Actually my number came up to be 4 I think.. sorry for the confusion.. we were discussing the 19 in 1974.. LOL I am a dunce in math.. sorry

Vic, you got my favourite card from Osho - No-thingness

nothingness.jpg

Buddha has chosen one of the really very potential words - shunyata. The English word, the English equivalent, "nothingness", is not such a beautiful word. That's why I would like to make it "no-thingness" - because the nothing is not just nothing, it is all. It is vibrant with all possibilities. It is potential, absolute potential. It is unmanifest yet, but it contains all.

In the beginning is nature, in the end is nature, so why in the middle do you make so much fuss? Why, in the middle, becoming so worried, so anxious, so ambitious - why create such despair? Nothingness to nothingness is the whole journey.

Being "in the gap" can be disorienting and even scary. Nothing to hold on to, no sense of direction, not even a hint of what choices and possibilities might lie ahead. But it was just this state of pure potential that existed before the universe was created.

All you can do now is to relax into this no-thingness...fall into this silence between the words...watch this gap between the outgoing and incoming breath. And treasure each empty moment of the experience. Something sacred is about to be born.

Love it.

OMG

Thank you, fooze. :D

The cards are beautiful; but what you posted about the "outgoing and incoming breath" has enormous significance for me as a message from the Universe, which I was asking for today. :)