Universal Psychic Guild Forum
bowledover822003

I was wondering

I was wondering is it best to shuffle the tarot cards while your eyes are closed and when you finish shuffling the cards do you just pick the top cards up or do you pick them out at random, I am asking because I bought a set yesterday

I was wondering is it best to shuffle the tarot cards while your eyes are closed and when you finish shuffling the cards do you just pick the top cards up or do you pick them out at random, I am asking because I bought a set yesterday

I went to a psychic fair and bombarded this poor psychic woman about what she was doing. Her response to a similar question was-- "Oh honey, its not about the cards..."

:) So I'll pass that on to you. :) From what I hear from others, its not about the cards and its not about the ritual so much. It seems as though you need to do what is right for you because everyone does it differently. I think its personal so explore, explore, explore.

I am with Boo on this.

For me, I was like Boo, I bombarded people who were more advanced then me to know what way was the 'right way'. And then found out, as I have stated over and over in a few of the suggested lessons I have here is, there is NO right or wrong when it comes to tarot card reading or as far as the whole art of cartomancy.

If you are more comfortable with your eyes closed then open when shuffling, do that. If you only want to shuffle the cards X amount of times, do that, if you want to cut the deck and pick a card from each top, do that, if you want to mix the cards rather then shuffle and choose at random the number of cards needed for the reading you are doing do that, if you rather place the deck as a whole and pull the cards from the top, do that....

Shuffling is up to the individual. Some decks are so large and or so small, even people like me, someone who has a lot of experience in shuffling cards, can't shuffle the cards in the 'traditional' way. So have to do hand over hand, rather then 2 piles shuffled into one another.

I have to ask.... What deck did you end up getting???? :rolleyes:

Peace and Love

I just did a general reading on myself and here are my results

1st card was strength

2nd card was 10 of wands

3rd card was judgement

4th card was 10 of cups

and the final card was 6 of cups

I dont know what they mean though but I can relate to the strength card and 10 of wands card

I just did a general reading on myself and here are my results

1st card was strength

2nd card was 10 of wands

3rd card was judgement

4th card was 10 of cups

and the final card was 6 of cups

I dont know what they mean though but I can relate to the strength card and 10 of wands card

1. The past situation concerning the question.

2. The present situation concerning the question.

3. The hidden/unconcious influences in the situation.

4. Advice about the best course of action.

5. The outcome.

Does that help?

I thought strength was saying if I stay strong my dad will keep fighting

I thought 10 of wands was saying that at times you will feel weighed down

I thought judgement was saying that I am going to have to do more decision making in the coming months

I thought 10 of cups was saying my family will celebrate when my dads declared free of cancer

and I thought 6 of cups was saying I will be doing alot of reminiscing before we sell the home and move out

I dont know if any of those interpretations sound right but I am only new at this

your dad is gonna be fine

just a few chest pains, but that is it (i see him rubbing his chest)

but he is gonna be fine :)

well the way i do tarot, is that i think of the question/name, and start shuffling. then after a short/long time, i hear some cards falling out of the stack.

so i stop, and look at the cards.

it usually always makes sense to what its saying :)

especially as my shuffling skills arent that great haha.

also i usually do this twice at least. because well shuffling skills arent that great haha

how long does it take to get used to doing readings

This depends on how often you do them. I am, as people say, at times to brave and confident. So I was doing readings for people in person by the end of my second week, but I was reading with the book, yet adding my own what I thoughts as well. I did them at a New Years party at my sisters. I got such great raves, I went home shut myself in for about 2 months and would just take the cards, shuffle, lay them out and study..

After a while I started to feel a bit drained, even confused, so I slowed down some. It took me 5 years of everyday reading for myself and others, as well as picking up any book on the topic I could get my hands on and reading, before I could even do a reading without looking at the book for either confirmation or guidance.

Even now, after 10 years, I still refer to a book once in a while.

So I guess as it is with anything else.. Practice, practice, practice.

Lol I still use a book although I've been doing readings for myself and others for almost two years now. I think you'll notice your intuition playing a key part in how you interpret the cards. As for shuffling, do what you're most confident doing. I found that for me if I'm doing a reading for someone else they really need to focus on the question if they're going to be shuffling the cards eyes open or closed they need to focus. once I let someone shuffle who had a fairly general question regarding a situation and the cards were as confused as she was. after that if I feel the person I'm reading is like that I just shuffle but Ill let them cut it. but I found it easier to read for people than read for myself. but I've learned to pretend I'm not reading for myself to be more objective. I found that one deck of cards (one I've used for others a lot) "tells it like it is" its a good deck :)