Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Chiilendrina

Tarot Spreads

When I first got into Tarot the book I read suggested that with time I can make up my own spread. At the time I thought it would only work if I knew how the cards work but found that I could make up one as long as I knew what the question was. Can Ya'll post up spreads that ya'll have found helpful that you have made up?

I've made up 3 but I know two by heart.

My first which I created with the help of my husband (like :o right?) is my goodie go to spread for just a general reading. Its called Health , Wealth, Wisdom and Love. Later I added Career as some wanted to know. Basically you line them up horizontally and read them down vertically. They're numbered in the order that you would lay them out.

First row is how you perceive your

health(1) wealth(2), wisdom(3), love(4), and career(5).

1 2 3 4 5

Second Row - what you don't see what is going on

6 7 8 9 10

Third Row - what's blocking you from it

11 12 13 14 15

Fourth Row - What would help remove the block

16 17 18 19 20

Fifth Row - The possible outcome if you continue on your current path (no change)

21 22 23 24 25

Ah the next, "The Path Not Taken," I did this for a member when I first started here when she couldn't figure out what to do with 3 different suiters. Essentially put down one card and that will be the "You Now" card. Each card should radiate from that card. You need at least two choices.

1. "You Now"

2 (5, ). how you percieve the situation/person

3 (6, ). how that situation/person will treat/perceive you

4 (7, ). the last card is the possible outcome of this path.

As you set them down you may need to say "this is how I perceive so-n-so, etc." just so that you focus the cards on that choice. So for example it would spread out like this for a 2 choice spread:

4 3 2 1 5 6 7

and for 3 choices

4 3 2 1 8 9 10

Hope (this is readable and that) ya'll enjoy this :) When I find the layout of the 3rd spread I made up I'll post it.

Oooo I really love these spreads Chiili, especially the first one!!! Looks like a good all round spread! smile.gif Think I will give that one a go as soon as I get the chance!

I look forward to seeing the third one, hope you find it soon!

Love and Light

Willow sweetie.gif

Ah I found it! This one took a while to figure out cuz I tried to get all elaborate with the formation which wasn't necessary. Later when I tried it on a friend we had quite an experience that night :unsure: uh but no "hurrah" when i did it for myself :D so that's good :)

Anywho this is the spread I made up to figure out where you stand in terms of Psychic Abilities. Natrually, ya'll can adjust it to what you want to know more about (Precognition, Telekinesis, etc) . The columns are Clairsentience(1), Clairvoyance(7), Clairaudience(13), Empathy(19), and Psychometry(25). Lay them out as numbered

The rows answer these questions I suggest reading them down the column for each ability.

1. This ability in your past

2. This ability presently

3. What you don't know about this ability (what may be blocking you)

4. What you need to overcome for this ability

5. What you need to develop with this ability

6. Where will this ability lead

Have fun! :D

I hope this comes out the way I need it to... I am the worst at explaining things so here I go...

One day when I was re-setting my deck. I clean my decks, by simply placing them back in order.

Fool to the World. Ace to King. Starting, for me, with the Wands, then to Swords, then Cups, then Pentacles.

Well one day I noticed that as I was placing them into the piles to be put back in order. A lot of the cards on the top of the pile were cards I remember seeing in personal readings from that deck.

So started to record the cards that would land on the top of the piles and compare them with the readings I did with that deck.

It wasn't long before I realized this was the decks way of clearing up any unanswered questions or concerns left over from the readings.

It is really simple.

Take the deck you have used, place each suit in their own pile.

Placing all the cards, Face UP. The Majors to the left, then follow though in the pattern you use for each suit.

Put each card of its suit in the individual pile. Record each of the top cards.

It comes out to be a 5 card reading using each of the suits... :woofpup:

Once I had a reading from Silver Ravenwolf and she used her Silver Spread. It's simple, really. A common Celtic Cross spread except with runes cast to accompany each card, giving greater detail to each point in the reading.

Over time I found the Druid Animal Oracle and came to appreciate the simplicity and naturalistic feel of the system. Based on the Medicine Cards which use Native American animal totems for each card the Druid Animal Oracle does essentially the same thing but using Druidic legends and symbolism to fill in the interpretive possibilities for each card. Eventually the Carr-Gomms who created that set decided to create another using plant lore and herbalism as a basis. They designed the cards in the same way they designed the Animal set right down to the same size and shape of each card and the two sets, aside of being of different colors on the backings, go well together.

Now when I read I use that combined Animal/Plant Oracle and most often a 3 card reading which offers a past/present/future view of a circumstance for the querant. But I also incorporate that bit from Silver and cast a rune for each card to help define better what the card is telling me about.

OOh Boty I like that one... I have a few decks that need to be placed back in order I should try at some point and maybe let you know what I got :D

Felixxe, it's like you're speaking a different language LOL I'll have to do some research. I've wanted to get into Runes but i feel like they're as complicated if not more so than Tarot. Hmm... that's something i'll have to figure out next week i still got one more final to go :D

OOh Boty I like that one... I have a few decks that need to be placed back in order I should try at some point and maybe let you know what I got :D

Felixxe, it's like you're speaking a different language LOL I'll have to do some research. I've wanted to get into Runes but i feel like they're as complicated if not more so than Tarot. Hmm... that's something i'll have to figure out next week i still got one more final to go :D

Oh please do, I have posted this spread in other groups, but no one has ever given me feedback :(

I like doing it. It really helps me see the bigger picture so to say.

I am also not into runes or well I should say not YET ;) Nor do I know a lot about Oracle decks. The only one I have or that is considered one is the Faery Oracle Tarot.

I am very much looking to get a set of Runes though.. :woofpup:

I think I'll be goin shopping today, I feel like picking up a new skill :D lol :lol:

Oh please do, I have posted this spread in other groups, but no one has ever given me feedback :(

I like doing it. It really helps me see the bigger picture so to say.

I am also not into runes or well I should say not YET ;) Nor do I know a lot about Oracle decks. The only one I have or that is considered one is the Faery Oracle Tarot.

I am very much looking to get a set of Runes though.. :woofpup:

A good place to start with the runes is the Ralph Blum set. The clay runes have a good, neutral feel to them and the book is a good starter for understanding the runes. Although it deals with the Younger Futhark which is a slightly different set I also recommend the Rune Poem to help round out one's understanding of the runes. Also, A Practical Guide to the Runes by Lisa Peschel is a very good resource for understanding with the runes.

I have since moved on to using 2 different sets and have developed a more shamanic approach to understanding each rune as it shows up in a casting, but the resources above are the foundation I built that all on.

Boty

I finally tried that lil spread you taught us. Although I hope i did it right :lol:

Essentially I did what you said I created 5 piles and put the majors with the majors, the wands wit the wands etc until i was done and had only 5 piles. I got the following after I finished sorting it.

The Hermit

Ace of Wands

6 of Swords

King of Cups

King of Pentacles

I've mainly been doing spreads that are concerned with my career. What I take from this is that I need to study (the hermit) which is kinda funny cuz I am trying to get myself certified and I am currently studying, but apparently I should put in more effort as opposed to writing on the Guild :rolleyes: LOL The Ace of Wands is about having belief in my creative abilities and being passionate about life. This I feel is accurate overall as I feel that my actions have changed due to my perceptions and goals. The Six of Swords suggest to me that it's time to move forward, past troubled waters and old habits probably and moving towards a more positive future. The Kings suggest possibly a personality that I should instill in myself or find as inspiration. The King of Cups is about stability, wisdom and diplomacy. Basically just keeping my head and emotions in order to have that assist me in knowing the way forward. The King of Pentacles is about being enterprising, reliable and conpetent without any regretting that I didn't put in enough effort.

I think overall that it's suggesting that if i work hard and use my creative abilities to find interesting avenues that it will be successful, satisfying and possibly profitable as well. :)

Thanks Boty!

Thanks Ace :)

eventually you'll make up ur own but that takes a lil time but only cause you wanna figure out what you want to know.

Have fun in getting to know the cards - and yourself ;)

:D