Universal Psychic Guild Forum
light.

WOULD YOU COME BACK HERE?

Well, to know if I would come back here, I'd have to know what it's like elsewhere that I will be going to. Seems we don't get to compare because we can't remember. :unsure:

I believe you have me penned in with the wrong kind of individual. I'm going to tell you a little secret about myself; something I would normally keep on the down low because of just how cruel it can be when taken to any kind of conclusion. I draw a very clear distinction between the human being and the soul. I hold that they have very different needs and wants. I view them as separate entities even during the course of a person's life - and in all cases I view the needs of the soul to take priority over the needs of the body it inhabits. As a result of this belief, I consider any person who does not base their goals of existence here around becoming aware of their true nature to be a waste of human life. Ergo, I find most lives led here to be very silly and very vain indeed. I hope you do not consider me shallow for this perspective - that would be woefully ironic of you. I am troubled very much by the state of my kind here. I am greatly pained.

I could not have said it any better. I feel the same way you do, and I truly wish everyone could see the potential they have inside of them. I wish everyone could let their spirit burn as brightly as I see mine. To me, the soul that can burn brightly, with pride...and to know oneself on the inside and be comfortable with it is the essence of beauty. It's not what is on the outside, too many selfish, vain people in this world that can't look past outer apperances. If most people took the time to look on the inside, they'd see a lot of beautiful souls that they are missing out on...including their own!

It is true that I can live a lonely existence. For the simple fact that not a lot of people understand me. Even if I do not disclose everything about myself, they don't understand some of the statements I make. Like enlightenment and things like that, so they just stop talking to me. But I'd rather live life a lonely, yet enlightened person who sees her potential for love and compassion over a person who is popular and vain. I feel pain radiate out of people, I feel their souls cry out to be set free...and it saddens me that they can't hear it.

Hey Armadodecadron,

What is your picture of? I always wondered but was to stupid to ask, enlighten me will you please?

You haven't got a monopoly on "stupid" -- I always see it as a BIG ant! A HUMONGOUS ant!

LOL he he he :lol:

It is the patron spirit of the asparagus plant. Or ants. Take your pick. Really, it's from a T-shirt that I wish I had.

Arma,

Some of your posts on this topic remind me of Sheldon, a character from one of my favorite TV shows, "The Big Bang Theory". Trust me, that is a compliment. Sheldon is my favorite person on that show,as he always makes me smile. He reminds me that it is okay for me to think and feel the way that I do. I don't have to fit in with the world all the time.

Here is a spinoff of a spinoff Thanks to Armadodecadron help now I spin off his spin off.

Question is would you be born into this world again?

In a heartbeat.

I have memories of some of my time spent on the Other Side. Memories, too, of just being suspended above Earth, looking down -- this was a respite.

Some spirits are gluttons for reincarnation, and I feel that I'm one of those. I love the human experience, even that which is painful. It's just so different to be able to be in human form. To have the experience of feeling human. And you can affect those around you. Make their lives better -- as they aren't already perfect.

Because death and pain aren't that frightening, the thought of residing on Earth again and again isn't frightening, no matter what is to come.

Even as a child, before I did any reading on psi topics, I sensed that I was a being in a body and that my life was somehow an experiement, meant to be a learning experience.

I don't think we're given a choice in the matter. All depends on what you learned from the journey.

I respectfully disagree. Although I recall the karma/Buddist/Nirvana approach from my studies, my personal experience and memories are different. We are in a constant state of learning and desiring experiences. Do we honestly know a single person -- from our current life -- who is nearing Nirvana? (Not speaking of Gandhi, etc., whom we never met in person.) Not me.

I know people who are more spiritually advanced than others, but near perfection? Nope.

If only a mere .001% of the population is nearing perfection, or perfect, what says that for the fate of the rest of us? Are we doomed to be on a merry-go-round forever, with only 1 brass ring per millions, billions, of riders?

This is where the theory falls apart for me. But it is a comforting theory in a way.

I respectfully disagree. Although I recall the karma/Buddist/Nirvana approach from my studies, my personal experience and memories are different. We are in a constant state of learning and desiring experiences. Do we honestly know a single person -- from our current life -- who is nearing Nirvana? (Not speaking of Gandhi, etc., whom we never met in person.) Not me.

I know people who are more spiritually advanced than others, but near perfection? Nope.

If only a mere .001% of the population is nearing perfection, or perfect, what says that for the fate of the rest of us? Are we doomed to be on a merry-go-round forever, with only 1 brass ring per millions, billions, of riders?

This is where the theory falls apart for me. But it is a comforting theory in a way.

What truly is perfection?

I heard some one once say that there are many levels of perfection; perfection is a word with no real solid meaning because it changes from one person to the next in my opinion.

I mean its like the word beautiful, it means something different to each person.

I do agree with you about the theory falling apart I believe there are choices.

I heard some one once say that there are many levels of perfection; perfection is a word with no real solid meaning because it changes from one person to the next in my opinion.

I mean its like the word beautiful, it means something different to each person.

Yes, I think I have to agree that the ideal of perfection is highly subjective.

I'm interested to hear more about those choices if you wish to elaborate. :)

ARE YOU KIDDING!!!! THIS PLACE IS CRAZY INCARNATE!!

YA I WOULD COME BACK!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING!!!! THIS PLACE IS CRAZY INCARNATE!!

YA I WOULD COME BACK!!!!

he he he :lol:

What would you come back as?

he he he :lol:

What would you come back as?

well If human wasnt an option then I guess a whale or shark. (humpback, blue or great white). I have always had a connection with sharks and whales (and dolphins)

I wouldnt mind a whale but I wouldnt come back here as one.

You might find yourself hanging on the side of a Japanese fishing boat. =(

I don't think there is such a thing as perfection. To me, that's the beauty of life. Those little imperfections that give an object/person charachter. It's those imperfections that give me the images I see in my head so strongly. I don't judge those imperfections, though. After all, it is what makes us human, and we all have our own little quirks. It is what it is, and what you decide to make of it. It's all purely individual in perception.

How could the images you receive in your head be imperfections any way? Every thing that has been created on this planet came from images in some one head. Every play, song, car, jewelry, anything and everything is created in the mind first then molded into form so carry on do not words get in your way because they were created by some one from a image in there head.

I woudn't want to come back here, life to me seems like nothing more than a game. I dont really get the point of the human existence.

I woudn't want to come back here, life to me seems like nothing more than a game. I dont really get the point of the human existence.

I've got to admit I don't get it either!

Funny you say it's a game... sometimes I think we're in a Truman Show type 'world' created by the future. LOL :huh:

I'd like to ask those who don't want to come back, where would you rather be?

Well to me this physical world is just an illusion, so I would like to get to a stage where I dont have to play in this illusion anymore, and be my true self beyond illusion.

Well to me this physical world is just an illusion, so I would like to get to a stage where I dont have to play in this illusion anymore, and be my true self beyond illusion.

but isnt Identity a form of illusion? do we not create our own identity and maitain the illusion to the outside world?

but isnt Identity a form of illusion? do we not create our own identity and maitain the illusion to the outside world?

Yes that true, identity is an illusion, and yes we do create and and maintain it - I dont honestly understand why we do that, and thats why physical life seems so pointless to me - I really do think it's all just a game. Our essential nature however is beyond anything that is manifest therefore it is beyond labels and identity.

Our essential nature however is beyond anything that is manifest therefore it is beyond labels and identity.

I was thinking about this. I used to believe that the essential nature was absolved of all labels and identity, and therefore it had no true nature or identity. But what if it is the exact opposite? That true nature incorporates every identity. In that perspective, someone who is living out their true nature would be flexible to become anything. Being like that would cause a person to learn and grow so much so quickly.

Just exploring a different idea for myself.

I was thinking about this. I used to believe that the essential nature was absolved of all labels and identity, and therefore it had no true nature or identity. But what if it is the exact opposite? That true nature incorporates every identity. In that perspective, someone who is living out their true nature would be flexible to become anything. Being like that would cause a person to learn and grow so much so quickly.

Just exploring a different idea for myself.

Hi Kai thats interesting, I have heard many spiritual teachers talk about the paradoxes of "God" our true essential nature, so I think it is both - everything and no- thing...

I was also told however that its our brains and minds that put labels on everything, but our essential nature is beyond our brain and mind.

There is also a whole theory about how labeling something takes you out of the present moment.

Hi Kai thats interesting, I have heard many spiritual teachers talk about the paradoxes of "God" our true essential nature, so I think it is both - everything and no- thing...

I was also told however that its our brains and minds that put labels on everything, but our essential nature is beyond our brain and mind.

There is also a whole theory about how labeling something takes you out of the present moment.

Yes I do believe that labeling is the work of the mind. Also labeling acts like a short cut, when we label something we don't have to actually look at it. Instead we categorize.

I have been resistant to labeling for a long time, but maybe we shouldn't be resisting it. People who really have fun with their life go with the flow and don't resist anything. It is true that this world is like a game but you and I must have chosen to play it. Maybe it is that we have different levels of identity, so the greatest "I" is free of identity, but the body is an actor playing out a role.