Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Armadodecadron

Negative spirits.

What are they? They go by many names, shapes and demeanors - demons, wraiths, shadow people. If a culture has spirituality, it probably their own take on them. Some tolerant and acceptant, some going so far as to make them out to be an enemy that must be excluded or expunged at all costs. And as much as their attributes can vary, they all seem to have one thing in common - they aren't sympathetic to our way of life, and most people feel them as a detrimental force when they enter into their lives.

I would like you to share any experiences you might have with these beings, and tell us what you think it means. I am particularly interested in hearing any musing over their origin and what kind of role such beings might play in the cosmos.

In terms of that situation that I mentioned in the speaking in tongues threads, and also have mentioned long ago in the past history of this forum, I don't believe that there were any evil spirits involved. Instead, looking back with 20/20 hindsight, I would say it was more likely that do to my intense resistance to being who I really was, my mind preformed a mutiny against itself. Kind of like that "possession of self" that you mentioned on the speaking in tongues thread.

As far as "evil spirits" I don't think they are that special. You know how some people just give off this negative vibe? I don't see any reason why a person in spirit form could not do the same thing if they were angry or negative. I don't believe that anything is outright evil, villains are from fairy tales. In real life everyone has a motivation to do what they do, and usually the motivation is because they believe that if they do said thing, it will bring them happiness. So the kid believes he will be happy if he gives his mom flowers, the oil tycoon believes he will be happy if he has lots of money, and the tyrant thinks he will be happy when he has control of the country. The murderer thought that he would be happy (or safe) if he killed whomever. Short sighted and mistaken, but the murderer is not outright evil, just plain wrong. So an "evil" spirit I would say is the same way, they just think they will be happy if they do whatever they do. If they get revenge, or possess whomever or whatever.

I also think lots of spirits like to tease and make jokes, "Hahaha we sure scared them." ;)

So those are my thoughts, basically I don't believe in evil spirits and have never encountered one.

I too have never ran across any "evil" spirit. I have, however, ran across people... humans... who seem to be seriously "lost" and so have a yearning to find something "special" enough about humanity, or about themselves ... to the point where they over analyze anything they can .... in order to continue to give themselves a feeling in which they are somehow "above" what is going on in the world around them, whilst in reality they are ignoring what it is they have not yet chosen to view within themselves. Sorry for the run-on sentence. I'm tired. I noticed this thread tonight.. and just thought I would say what's on my mind. Of course, my opinion could be different later, but that, I suppose is part of what makes me HUMAN.

I too have never ran across any "evil" spirit. I have, however, ran across people... humans... who seem to be seriously "lost" and so have a yearning to find something "special" enough about humanity, or about themselves ... to the point where they over analyze anything they can .... in order to continue to give themselves a feeling in which they are somehow "above" what is going on in the world around them, whilst in reality they are ignoring what it is they have not yet chosen to view within themselves. Sorry for the run-on sentence. I'm tired. I noticed this thread tonight.. and just thought I would say what's on my mind. Of course, my opinion could be different later, but that, I suppose is part of what makes me HUMAN.

Not overly subtle, are we? How droll.

basically I don't believe in evil spirits and have never encountered one.

You know I feel the same way. :angel:

Guest Angel C

I havent encountered any evil spirits, but I have encountered some people with very negative mind-sets.

Currently I tend to think of things from an energetic point of view. I think everyone can feel negative energy in a place, or sometimes around a person, if you are clairvoyant or if you believe in ghosts, thats how your mind will make sense of that energy, through a visual effect of a shadow person etc. Yet sometimes these things can be our own fears projected back to us.

I think the whole world is made up of a combination of negative and positive energy. I believe if we are realistic yet positive in our view of the world we are more likely to attract positive experiences, on a spiritual level as well as in every day life.

This is how I see it now, I may change my mind, I'm still learning.

Guest Angel C

I havent encountered any evil spirits, but I have encountered some people with very negative mind-sets. I have also felt negative energy in places.

Currently I tend to think of things from an energetic point of view. I think everyone can feel negative energy in a place, or sometimes around a person, if you are clairvoyant or if you strongly believe in ghosts, that may be how your mind will make sense of that energy, through a visual effect of a shadow person etc. If you are someone who is more of an "auidtory" person than a "visual" you may hear things instead.

Yet sometimes these things can be our own feelings projected back to us - fear and guilt being two of the strongest contributing feelings.

What I mean is, you know how our minds have defense mechanisms in place, I think we sometimes do this on a spiritual/psychic level too.

I think the whole world is made up of a combination of negative and positive energy, some of this comes from living people and those that have passed over, but also from the beauty of nature and also natures more destructive forces such as volcanoes for instance. I believe if we are realistic yet positive in our view of the world we are more likely to attract positive experiences, on a spiritual level as well as in every day life. Having said that I dont think we as individuals have any control over natural disasters, wars, or on a smaller scale, other peoples life-paths. (Although we do infuence those close to us, as they do us).

I am starting to feel that it is not our place to try to change the world for the better. I feel our purpose is to stay focussed on our own spiritual journeys in this life, no matter what is thrown at us.

Hope this makes some sense, I'm still learning and don't really have the words to explain how I feel about this.

Guest ColorMySoul

Not to be short and sweet and stealing everyone else's answers.. But I agree with everyone. :) I don't believe in evil spirits. I don't see why a human spirit cannot be angry just like an evil one. I dunno. I think "evil spirits" are all how we perceive them.

Guest Sparklyy
Not to be short and sweet and stealing everyone else's answers.. But I agree with everyone. :) I don't believe in evil spirits. I don't see why a human spirit cannot be angry just like an evil one. I dunno. I think "evil spirits" are all how we perceive them.

I just encountered one earlier today,and it caught me very off guard just getting out of the bed. I've never experienced anything like it. I was just getting up and then was hit in the face. It was a very hard punch and a very low growling sound.

Yet sometimes these things can be our own feelings projected back to us - fear and guilt being two of the strongest contributing feelings.

A very sensible notion. I agree with you. I think this kind of feedback accounts for much of the encounters sensitive people can endure.

Guest ColorMySoul

There was a time once where I believed I was being haunted by one spirit in particular. I never figured out who it was, but it had a manly presence to it. I would wake up with bruises and scratches that weren't there before. I still haven't figured out where the scratches are coming from (Now, since I stopped biting my fingernails, I could have easily done it myself. But then, I had none. So I don't know how my nonexistant fingernails could have scratched me :P) Anyway. I did this technique where I told the spirit it wasn't welcome in my house. After that didn't work, I filled my house with light, trying to repell anything in my home and shoving it out onto the street. I did this nightly. Eventually, I would feel something watching me as I would walk outto my car or walk inside. It was a very uncomfortable experience.

But after further review of the situation, I've determined that it was MY fear that made me so uncomfortable. I was so afraid of seeing spirits that I shut that part of my ability off (which I would like to get back). So I think I might have been projecting my fear of the spirit onto the spirit actually being negative.

And Sparklyy, since I don't believe in negative energies, maybe it was just trying to get your attention. :) It could be that it had been trying so hard to reach you, but had been unable. So it thought that maybe hitting you in the face would get your attention? lol I dunno. I just can't grasp the thought of evil spirits. I don't believe in the devil and I don't believe in hell. I don't believe that anyone or anything can be completely inheritantly evil. I think a lot of times, it is our perception clouding the actual meaning. Not to say you're doing this. :P I just don't believe in "evil." I believe in anger. But even the most angelic people, the most "pure," still have negative thoughts from time to time. I don't think anything is 100% good or evil.

Just my two cents. :)

Love and light,

Beth

In terms of that situation that I mentioned in the speaking in tongues threads, and also have mentioned long ago in the past history of this forum, I don't believe that there were any evil spirits involved. Instead, looking back with 20/20 hindsight, I would say it was more likely that do to my intense resistance to being who I really was, my mind preformed a mutiny against itself. Kind of like that "possession of self" that you mentioned on the speaking in tongues thread.

As far as "evil spirits" I don't think they are that special. You know how some people just give off this negative vibe? I don't see any reason why a person in spirit form could not do the same thing if they were angry or negative. I don't believe that anything is outright evil, villains are from fairy tales. In real life everyone has a motivation to do what they do, and usually the motivation is because they believe that if they do said thing, it will bring them happiness. So the kid believes he will be happy if he gives his mom flowers, the oil tycoon believes he will be happy if he has lots of money, and the tyrant thinks he will be happy when he has control of the country. The murderer thought that he would be happy (or safe) if he killed whomever. Short sighted and mistaken, but the murderer is not outright evil, just plain wrong. So an "evil" spirit I would say is the same way, they just think they will be happy if they do whatever they do. If they get revenge, or possess whomever or whatever.

I also think lots of spirits like to tease and make jokes, "Hahaha we sure scared them." ;)

So those are my thoughts, basically I don't believe in evil spirits and have never encountered one.

Interesting

I don't think of it as "evil" or "good". Dark entities I have encountered are more like energy suckers. They also like to play with people, manipulate them, maybe try to get them to do something "bad" (like a voice in their head). You don't have to listen to them of course, but some people become paralyzed with fear or feel they have to listen to "shut it up".

I think what they are doing is more like living vicariously through people. I have also noticed they especially like teenagers, especially girls, and I don't think that is a coincidence. I think sexual energy can be very potent (spiritually speaking).

I also wouldn't say I always think they are human spirits either, sometimes, not always.

Think of being in an environment with a lot of negative energy, and eventually it just seems to take on a life of its own, I think the same thing can happen spiritually and become a "being" that is actually made up of energy that joined together and as a whole looks for something to attach to (I don't know if I explained that well but best I can do right now).

Just MHO based on my own experiences and observations.

Think of being in an environment with a lot of negative energy, and eventually it just seems to take on a life of its own, I think the same thing can happen spiritually and become a "being" that is actually made up of energy that joined together and as a whole looks for something to attach to (I don't know if I explained that well but best I can do right now).

What an interesting theory. I've heard it before. It is perhaps fortunate for us that most of this negative energy seems shunted away from the world. Imagine if we, here, had to deal with an amalgam (combination, alloy) of every negative residue from, say, a war.

What an interesting theory. I've heard it before. It is perhaps fortunate for us that most of this negative energy seems shunted away from the world. Imagine if we, here, had to deal with an amalgam (combination, alloy) of every negative residue from, say, a war.

Who's to say that those who have negative 'spirits' in their lives aren't doing just that... dealing with clumps of the anger, fear and savagery that have somehow coalesced into what seem to be bad spirits? :mellow:

Who's to say that those who have negative 'spirits' in their lives aren't doing just that... dealing with clumps of the anger, fear and savagery that have somehow coalesced into what seem to be bad spirits?

:mellow:

If I implied I didn't believe this myself, it was an error of communication on my part. What I was trying to say is that, for perhaps the same dimensional reasons light working entities find it so challenging to influence to world for the better, creatures of malign influence find it difficult to enter and/or remain here. You have surely noticed how saturating an area with a particular energy is a temporary effect (for the most part), yes? It has been my experience that the majority of it is being shunted (diverted) through a seemingly natural metaphysical process away from this world's immediate psychic plane, even during generation.

When I say "immediate psychic plane", I am struggling to describe what is sometimes called the ethereal plane (not the astral plane), which some of you doubtless have experience interacting with in out of body experiences. Sort of a hazy reflection of this one, like seeing the world from under a few feet of water, where spiritual interactions take place, which most human beings are narrowly capable of perceiving on a subconscious level. If all of the psychic energy produced by us could remain there, the spirits we'd be dealing with on a regular basis would be powerful indeed, dangerous even. Suffice it to say I am certain it leaks out. And what doesn't seems to decay over long periods of time... Few houses remain haunted for long!

Whether it is a human spirit or a dark conglomeration, one thing is for sure, it needs an outlet.

The obvious answer is not to give it one.

The obvious answer is not to give it one.

I prefer to even avoid talking about such things. I believe that pondering on, talking about and believing in them feeds them.

I am aware that my previous responses may seem to contradict this statement, but for purposes of discussion I am willing to concede that they 'exist'.

Luckily, I don't encounter them in my reality and I firmly disbelieve that they are a necessary adjunct to a psychic and/or spiritual life. :mellow:

I prefer to even avoid talking about such things. I believe that pondering on, talking about and believing in them feeds them.

I am aware that my previous responses may seem to contradict this statement, but for purposes of discussion I am willing to concede that they 'exist'.

Luckily, I don't encounter them in my reality and I firmly disbelieve that they are a necessary adjunct to a psychic and/or spiritual life. :mellow:

And yet they are a large part of it, for good or ill. We can choose what we wish from the cosmos. For now.

And yet they are a large part of it, for good or ill. We can choose what we wish from the cosmos. For now.

For now? Why would it not be "For always?"

For now? Why would it not be "For always?"

I could ask you the same question, from a different direction. Why would it be "For always?"

Now that I'm done being playful, I'll say what I really mean - how could we expect to become a truly spiritually awakened race playing our psyches like hands in a poker game? We discard the parts of the human condition that don't suit our hand - but that doesn't mean they're gone, merely placed out of our hand and shuffled back into our deck. Something I resigned myself to long ago was that part of being psychic meant confronting things, in myself and others, that most of the world does not wish to perceive at this time. I am sure all of you can sympathize with this struggle, and how vehemently the mind can fight to avoid being tamed in this manner. At some point I extended this philosophy to the spiritual strata, and I came to the conclusion that independent from my own trials and tribulations I was part of a race that can and does produce staggering amounts of negative energy on a global scale, as misunderstood and unrequited as any madness, all of it bleeding off into the unknown through means I don't fully understand.

I fear there will be consequences for this one day.

I could ask you the same question, from a different direction. Why would it be "For always?"

Now that I'm done being playful, I'll say what I really mean - how could we expect to become a truly spiritually awakened race playing our psyches like hands in a poker game? We discard the parts of the human condition that don't suit our hand - but that doesn't mean they're gone, merely placed out of our hand and shuffled back into our deck. Something I resigned myself to long ago was that part of being psychic meant confronting things, in myself and others, that most of the world does not wish to perceive at this time. I am sure all of you can sympathize with this struggle, and how vehemently the mind can fight to avoid being tamed in this manner. At some point I extended this philosophy to the spiritual strata, and I came to the conclusion that independent from my own trials and tribulations I was part of a race that can and does produce staggering amounts of negative energy on a global scale, as misunderstood and unrequited as any madness, all of it bleeding off into the unknown through means I don't fully understand.

I fear there will be consequences for this one day.

Your opinion is interesting but it doesn't fit with my perception of reality or the way I live my life.

I enjoyed reading it though. Thanks for explaining what you think. :)