Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Tyler

Why is being Psychic looked down upon in some religions?

Parents brainwash and program there children into beleiving that christianity or catholisism is the only right religion and that everyone else is condemn to hell especially witches. I for one am a wiccan and have learned the paganism was one of the first religions... including druidry.... before any others. My theory is that someone didn't liike what was going on the paganism and decided to start there own religion called christianity. Then the bible was written to show that it's been around fromthe begining. I think it a lie. Do I believe that christ lived. absolutally but not as the man that everyone portrays him as. I think he is or could possibly be a modern day chris angel.

There are many christians out there that have psychic gifts and have let it known that they are and don't care what others think.

When my children get older I have decide to let them choose what religion they think is right, besides there dad's whining and so I am going to teach them about the earthbased religions wicca and druidism and I will tell them about christianity... because I use to be one. and what they choose will be up to them. Everyone should have there own choice as to what they practice..... they are going to do it anyways when they get away from there parents. My dad is catholic and destroyed a couple of my books that came into the mail before I can sneak them into my little hidding spot in my room... i went back to church just to make him happy and think that i'm not a "witch". But as soon as i left for good I went back to my choosen religion

Guest Angel C

I think we are controlled and conditioned, not just by religion (although that used to be the main method of control), but by society in general, school, the media, everything. I think we are taught to be sheep, bascially - to follow the crowd, to not want to be different - they use our need to "fit in" to herd us. We are trained to be logic rather than creative. Because I believe that all it takes to be psychic is to use your brain a little differently than the norm..the route, I think is creativity.

However I do think that maybe there is a reason for this conditioning and control, although that doesnt mean I agree with it. But perhaps they had a reason!

Can you imagine if everyone was psychic, I dont just mean the type of people who post on here, who like to use it to help others - Think of it that nasty boss who takes pleasure in upsetting people, or that stalkerish type who lives around the corner. How would they use their abilities, for instance? Can you imagine meeting someone and thinking "I dont like the look of you" and they know what you're thinking. Can you imagine having to try to control your every thought? I think it would be so stressful, probably drive us all insane! It would be chaotic!

I'm pretty sure its been like this before, and it wasnt pretty.

Until there is a true sense of oneness, acceptance and understanding of others on this planet, I dont think a psychic world would work!

But, that's just my opinion!! :D

I think we are controlled and conditioned, not just by religion (although that used to be the main method of control), but by society in general, school, the media, everything. I think we are taught to be sheep, bascially - to follow the crowd, to not want to be different and are trained to be logic rather than creative. Because I believe that all it takes to be psychic is to use your brain a little differently than the norm..the route, I think is creativity.

However I do think that maybe there is a reason for this conditioning - That perhaps they had a reason! Can you imagine if everyone was psychic, I dont just mean the type of people who post on here, who like to use it to help others - Think of it that nasty boss who takes pleasure in upsetting people, or that stalkerish type who lives around the corner. How would they use their abilities, for instance? Can you imagine meeting someone and thinking "I dont like the look of you" and they know what you're thinking. Can you imagine having to try to control your every thought? I think it would be so stressful, probably drive us all insane! It would be chaotic!

I'm pretty sure its been like this before, and it wasnt pretty.

Until there is a true sense of oneness, acceptance and understanding of others on this planet, I dont think a psychic world would work!

But, that's just my opinion!! :D

That's an interesting point... so who do you mean when you say they: "perhaps they had a reason!" :)

And I want to hear more about when it "wasn't pretty."

crystalball.jpg

www.mysterymaster.com

Guest Angel C

It's a very vague recollection, not even necessarily a past life memory, perhaps a story I heard when I was very young. I dont know, but every time I read a thread like this, I get the feeling, we've been there before and it wasnt nice.

I get a picture of fighting in my head, people with daggers and sack-cloth type clothing. One is coloured blue. Everyone is fighting, even those who have never fought before. Perhaps its Rome - pre-christianity, but I'm not sure.

Maybe all this is, is a story I heard at school when I was very small, which left its impression on me, but its in connection to this, I know that.

Guest Angel C

Perhaps this is pre-law that I am seeing (just googled Rome - pre chistianity).

Edit: My thinking on why I was seeing this is: Perhaps laws werent enough, especially for those who committed crimes by psychic means, it would be difficult to prove. Even today you couldnt prove that someone was psychically stalking you or your boss was telepathically bullying you (to use my examples from before), so fear had to be instilled in people... if laws were worthless, then you would have no choice but to fight for yourself. Which would result in chaos.

I think they're means are out-dated but I can see where they originated.

Double edit - still pondering my little theory - Does anyone know when the idea of the devil was first introduced into religion?

I have read that the earliest verifiable mention of satan or devil was in connection with those who were considered Pagan by the earliest Christians; the Pagan god Pan is often compared with the earliest depictions of the "great deceiver."

There is a lot of confusion in this area and I don't know how, other than accessing the Akashic Record, one can unravel this great mystery.

. My theory is that someone didn't liike what was going on the paganism and decided to start there own religion called christianity.

Pretty sure the jewish faith came first but i see where your going

When my children get older I have decide to let them choose what religion they think is right, besides there dad's whining and so I am going to teach them about the earthbased religions wicca and druidism and I will tell them about christianity... because I use to be one. and what they choose will be up to them. Everyone should have there own choice as to what they practice..... they are going to do it anyways when they get away from there parents. My dad is catholic and destroyed a couple of my books that came into the mail before I can sneak them into my little hidding spot in my room... i went back to church just to make him happy and think that i'm not a "witch". But as soon as i left for good I went back to my choosen religion

Thanks for standing strong. still I have to ask, why did you marry a catholic if you were wiccan. (not that its any of my buissness, i am just a curious person)

Double edit - still pondering my little theory - Does anyone know when the idea of the devil was first introduced into religion?

Dionysus was the "horned god" in greece, also the god of earthly pleasure" (I belive; dont quote me on it) also of course society has always had its own version of death or guardian of the underworld(Hades, ect). I dont think I could hazard a guess beyond that.

i didn't marry a catholic... my dad is a catholic, reread it again, my husband is an agnostic... and i don't know why i married him lol

Aplogies, my mistake

Guest Dot

The thing I find funny about this thread is how it says "Including Christianity" in the font below the title. I find it amusing because... well, isn't Christianity the main "culprit", per se? Not all Christians, of course, but Christianity has history with "looking down on" (more like burning down) psychic abilities.

The thing I find funny about this thread is how it says "Including Christianity" in the font below the title. I find it amusing because... well, isn't Christianity the main "culprit", per se? Not all Christians, of course, but Christianity has history with "looking down on" (more like burning down) psychic abilities.

True... been studying The Crucible with Year 12 for the context "Encountering Conflict"... the last scene where Proctor goes off to his execution is chilling.

What amazes me is the hypocrisy inherent in that sort of attitude:" Thou Shalt Not Kill." (Unless Thou Encounters Someone With A Different View?)

Guest Dot
What amazes me is the hypocrisy inherent in that sort of attitude:" Thou Shalt Not Kill." (Unless Thou Encounters Someone With A Different View?)

:lol:

Guest Angel C
There is a lot of confusion in this area and I don't know how, other than accessing the Akashic Record, one can unravel this great mystery.

I wonder if anyone has ever done this.

If anyone is interested the documentry "Jesus camp" is pretty relevent for this topic. its on netflix.

If anyone is interested the documentry "Jesus camp" is pretty relevent for this topic. its on netflix.

Thanks for that, Clooney... sounds interesting. :)

People are control freaks if they cant control then they are scared. So in many situations most people are bi polar if the word actually makes any sense. People like security they take jobs that are secure they want to live in secure areas some of these things are common sense to every one but many many many people are going way over board with their security and fear. These people are not dumb just because they have the problem they are actually smart and come up with all kinds of ideas of making sure they are secure even if it means putting you in jeopardy.

Asking the question about psychic, its basically comes to the point of you have something they don't. Or you believe something that they dont believe, in their point of view you are out of control. That returns to a child like thought system, if you get to the root of most situations they turn into a child like very disturbing point of view that many cannot get away from. In other words they are stuck on a thought and wont change or grow and when they see you doing something different they want to attack or stop you because it doesn't compute that your actions are logical.

See most people haven't really grown up mentally, I consider myself not grown. But when I say this many peoples minds jump to the only conclusion they can relate to, which would be that I think that I am a kid.

That is not the situation, but once again when your dealing with a majority of linear thinking and linear learning people that is all they can come up with.

The child mind is a growing mind it never stops growing if you mature then it means, in my opinion that you have reached a point of consciousness that would not be able to communicate with the rest of the human population.

If scientist believe that we generally only use about ten percent of our brain compacity how could any human believe that they are mature?

In my opinion the idea that most people think of as mature would be, " well I finished raising kids and I have had the big job and etc. now Iam done."

This is basic condemning of the person you can never be finished in the ever evolving changing world that is one reason people are living longer, the more we evolve to learn new things the longer we are living because our consciousness keeps growing and learning that is what keeps us alive,

after the heart stops beating the only thing that stays alive is the brain ..... why not the kidneys are the some other organ? Because the brain wants to keep learning and growing and staying alive.

So to wrap up two answers people need to control and make money off the psychic idea, and when you ask questions that they dont like they get angry like children , they cannot comprehend imagination because their brains have shut that part of themselves down its unused dusty old and rotten.

They cannot see what you see or in other words they cannot see what your talking about.

Imagination gives us every thing from airplanes to cellphones to rockets and so forth. Imagination is our connection to the consciousness we call the imagination, or the ideal of a god or gods or whatever. That information that comes to you in shape or form that you might not understand at first or tells you how to do something or what ever. When the time is right or your brain has reached a level the connections start happening, think about many of ancient philosophers many of them had great understanding but did child like things such Einstein not being able to tie his shoes all his life, or many Buddhist monks that play child games or even the telescope was a childs toy until it found the purpose of being a star seeing tool. Toys , toys are made from imagination and you can think of tons of toys that have become military tools such as video games and many others. But it has to be created in the imagination. The richest people today create toys, video games and there is reason for it they are using imagination, just like the car when it first was made, and the paper airplane, it goes on forever. You just have to use your head

The ability to use Psychic abilities is not in a line fashion, it is chaotic it cannot be seen how it gets to you it cannot be controlled easily by any one. These things people condemn because of being control freaks and thieves and so forth

It seems to be something they just cant stop doing!!!

A very good post Light.

It bother me that in the very same religion(s) that would scorn me for being psychic, for seeing in to the future and 'telling,' are the ones with leaders who speak of their own visions, dreams, signs and revelations. Hypocrisy.

A very good post Light.

It bother me that in the very same religion(s) that would scorn me for being psychic, for seeing in to the future and 'telling,' are the ones with leaders who speak of their own visions, dreams, signs and revelations. Hypocrisy.

Exactly!

Let me shake your hand, second life! :dance2:

Some religions look down on it, but there are seers and prophets all throughout the book that seemed to be fine. If you go by the bible, you shouldn't eat pork or be on any meds (sorcery).

There's a lot of killing in the Bible. The Ten Commandments applied to those of the same faith. When it came to Philistines, it says in the bible to take their daughters as slaves, child brides, kill the men, and plunder their homes. They also had BIG issues with Astarte/Aphrodite. BIG issues.

And punishment for killing someone of the same faith was either death or being sent out into the desert.

True... been studying The Crucible with Year 12 for the context "Encountering Conflict"... the last scene where Proctor goes off to his execution is chilling.

Actually I don't see a conflict between psychic and religion.

I recently read this book called "Psychic Wars", they revealed that the Chinese discovered more people with "psychic" powers not only due to a higher population, but also because of this doctrine we call "qigong", which has never really been associated with a religion per se.

So that means, psychic power is something that we were born with. When we were just babies, when we were at our purest, it is said that we could see things adults couldn't see, hear things they cannot hear. Breath from diaphragm instead of our lungs.

These things are a part of us. So I don't see how this should be condemned by any religion since these abilities were born with us.

Very interesting topic, If your intentions are good if you really want to do good using your psychic awareness then in the end no matter what religion i think your intentions really count.

Religions like Christianity and Islam does not allow you to see and tell others the future.

We all know about the law of attration and how it works, What if a psychic tells someone that your marriage wont be a success before even happening to them, could you imagine what impact it could have on the mind if it believes it they will start thinking I wont have a successful marriage might as well not get married? Its like having lack of faith before it actually takes place, so depending on the situation sometimes predicting the future for some people can have a negative reaction, so i think its also important for the psychic to know who to tell what and only what they need to hear.

And in the end, if you are aware of your psychic awareness and want to use it for the betterment of the society and you really want to help people, and if your intentions are right and you do it the right waY, At a personal level i dont think Its wrong. It really depends how you cope with the situation.

If God is really great, then God would understand our true intentions which i think God will when the time comes.

Without a doubt were all born with these, but at the same time everyone isnt aware of it, and those who are might not use it and some might, and those who use it will eventually learn how to put it for the positive I hope.

However, its a personal journey - Sometimes being opening to the psychic world can really help you understand some perspective of a religion when it restrics you on somethings.

:Da

Very interesting topic, If your intentions are good if you really want to do good using your psychic awareness then in the end no matter what religion i think your intentions really count.

Religions like Christianity and Islam does not allow you to see and tell others the future.

We all know about the law of attration and how it works, What if a psychic tells someone that your marriage wont be a success before even happening to them, could you imagine what impact it could have on the mind if it believes it they will start thinking I wont have a successful marriage might as well not get married? Its like having lack of faith before it actually takes place, so depending on the situation sometimes predicting the future for some people can have a negative reaction, so i think its also important for the psychic to know who to tell what and only what they need to hear.

And in the end, if you are aware of your psychic awareness and want to use it for the betterment of the society and you really want to help people, and if your intentions are right and you do it the right waY, At a personal level i dont think Its wrong. It really depends how you cope with the situation.

If God is really great, then God would understand our true intentions which i think God will when the time comes.

Without a doubt were all born with these, but at the same time everyone isnt aware of it, and those who are might not use it and some might, and those who use it will eventually learn how to put it for the positive I hope.

However, its a personal journey - Sometimes being opening to the psychic world can really help you understand some perspective of a religion when it restrics you on somethings.

:Da

You made some good points there Cryptids, :) I agree with what you said about the psychic's responsibility regarding what they say.

How are you? :angel: