Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
InnerJourneyX

How do you find a good psychic?

I don't know anyone who talks about going to see psychics, so I don't have any recommendations. I see places advertising readers sometimes and have been wanting to try one, but how can you tell which ones are good before you pay for a reading? I believe some people have genuine gifts, but also that posing as a psychic is a top gig for con artists, and I don't know the ratio of con artists or perhaps just delusional people to genuine psychics is. I suspect it may be rather high!

I don't know anyone who talks about going to see psychics, so I don't have any recommendations. I see places advertising readers sometimes and have been wanting to try one, but how can you tell which ones are good before you pay for a reading? I believe some people have genuine gifts, but also that posing as a psychic is a top gig for con artists, and I don't know the ratio of con artists or perhaps just delusional people to genuine psychics is. I suspect it may be rather high!

Hello InnerJourney,

Good comment...why don't you read the profiles of the Guild's readers and choose one! The company policy is another reading free or your money refunded...

Are email and phone readings as good as face to face ones? I don't know anything about this.

I don't think you can generalise on that...for example, I prefer doing phone or mail readings (but that might be because I value greatly my time and space to myself!)

The quality of a reading depends on the reader AND THE CLIENT.

If you go into a reading with an open mind and honesty then you will get a better result than if you have a hidden agenda and scepticism.

Why don't you try the Guild? As I said if you aren't happy then you won't lose out because you will get your money back and a free reading.

The other thing you can do is to ask the Universe to show you the way ~ then be alert for the messages. Someone might recommend a good psychic or you might find an advertisement that 'jumps up' at you.

Good luck on your quest,

Victoria :)

Guest WittySpirit
I don't think you can generalise on that...for example, I prefer doing phone or mail readings (but that might be because I value greatly my time and space to myself!)

The quality of a reading depends on the reader AND THE CLIENT.

If you go into a reading with an open mind and honesty then you will get a better result than if you have a hidden agenda and scepticism.

Why don't you try the Guild? As I said if you aren't happy then you won't lose out because you will get your money back and a free reading.

The other thing you can do is to ask the Universe to show you the way ~ then be alert for the messages. Someone might recommend a good psychic or you might find an advertisement that 'jumps up' at you.

Good luck on your quest,

Victoria

:)

i have had an email reading through the guild... and since... can veryfy 90% of the reading... still waiting on some :D

Guest WittySpirit
how long ago was that witty, and how long forward did they say it was for... did you ask pasific things, , the thing i find funny is, as i monitor psychics for reserch for my book ,going to queensland with in 3 years that was 5 years ago still no queensland,,, ive had some 40 readings in the last 10 years ruffly, maby more, , the funny thing is, im buying 2 blocks of land 2 two story units in a block of 4, buying a cupple of factorys, having more kids , at 47 now with only one testy to cancer, i dont think so, supost to have 4 to 8 kids or some where in between but i only have one, be owning a low slung roof house , what ever that is. and winning 2 mill in lotto. and at the moment having my daughter kid napped,, well, what can i say, , even scotty hill told me dont play power ball as you will not win on that, so last week i played and won 22 bucks,,,, i do respect his readings,, but i havent a cent and you would need more than 2 mill to buy all that,,a good gambler would have to say if 10 out of 20 said the same thing then its going to happen, but i aint getting those odds from my studys, and being a guy that pushes the piont and realy dose his home work , my studys are accuret , so what was rong with those readings, why did these people beleive some much in there dribble, .. i did find theres a big diffrence in peoples abilitys and there believs, some are so sceard they go with the white lite thing, and then theres the guy down the pub strate on acurit reading well he curses god and smokes well ordering more wisky,, this forum needs a good explination of all the diffrent types of psychics, mediums healers, and theres many diffrentt styles, the word psychic is only the overall word for all these diffrent abillitys,, one person on the forum said brianspridiction.com is a sensationalest,, but up to date hes the only true spychic ive found , 3 and a half thousand acuret dreams a year, and still works a day job, also asks know money for him self,,, ok my vews on what ive studed about psychics so far,, pleas all feal welcome to tap in rive me a reading and proove me rong,, please convince me one of these things is going to happen,,, ,ralphy, taylor perth ..

i can tell you exactly why you've gotten so many inaccurate readings.... you're overread... you have created so many different futures within you, from all these readings... mix that in with the fact you're determined to debunk psychics... that you're like a bowl of fortune cookes all mixed up.... i think if someone told you they were psychic, and said the sky was blue... you'd go out of your way to prove it was green.

as for the email reading... i did it more for fun than anything else, as i'd never gotten one before... took me a while just to think of a subject i'd like the reading on... lol.... the reading was early august of this year... (so 2 months ago)

i'm not going to go into exact details (my reading.. not yours.. get ya own :P). but... 2 men were described.. i knew who one was, (my ex, and as we have children together, he is still part of my life), and have since met the other... (actually, i met him the night i recieved the email reading). as these 2 men were described in very good detail, it wasn't hard to 'know them when i saw them'.

also, 2 names were mentioned. one of the names i possibly knew, turns out, my new friend knows the name as well (strange thing is... both these people by that name have the exact same relationship to my friend and myself)... the other name, i had no idea who it was at the time, but have since found out...

the other thing that was mentioned, was a trip... i thought, 'yeah right, that's really going to happen'.... well.. the trip has become more likely than i thought possible...

the only reason i said it was 90% accurate is because......... i haven't actually taken the trip yet... just discussed it :D

The Universal Psychic Guild & Victoria are fantastic... and i would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Guest WittySpirit
interesting observation,, praps you should read it all again and have a look at the part that prazes the good ones,,, skys blue,, not on rainy days,, grass is green unless its dead,, didant understand any of the other stuff,, men married , some thing,, ,, ralphy,

lets have a look at whats there ....praps you can help me......so one says im ,, buying 2 blocks of land,, and the other says im buy ing a ,, house , which one was rite, if id only seen the first would i of bourt the land,, or if i saw only the second would of i bourt the house,, or would it be power of suggestion .. hope not suggestion other wize id be better of just asking you to program my life,, can you help me on this,, as your rite,, i need to get rid of 39,, and just listen to the one that says put your head in the fire,,,, please help me on this witty, im all yours,,

readers see different aspects of a person's life... did you ever consider you were buying a double block of land and then having a house built on it??? :D

one of my life's favorite sayings is.... 'can't see the forest for the trees'... i still believe you've been over read... but i also think that you've taken something simple... analysed it... turned it inside out and upside down... and now it's like a rubix cube... all messed up with no cheat book handy...

Witty's Weekly Prescription: don't ask for a reading for 6 months... then go and get ONE reading, from someone who you believe has a gift...

i can tell you exactly why you've gotten so many inaccurate readings.... you're overread... you have created so many different futures within you, from all these readings... mix that in with the fact you're determined to debunk psychics... that you're like a bowl of fortune cookes all mixed up....

So does consulting many psychics about the same issue cause difficulty with readings. I think someone else mentioned that in an earlier thread. I've done this, but it's not because I'm trying to debunk anything, it's because I find it hard to be certain about any one psychic's readings so I want to hear different readings so I can compare. I feel this is natural. Even is a psychic believes in their own ability, they are still human and they can be wrong, so if you are asking a psychic about an aspect of your life that is important to you, is it wrong to want to make sure?

Guest WittySpirit
how many others have taken on a study like im doing to get some line on this stuff,, i mite do a p.h.d on the subject,, i cant just blunder through and go ok, its all rite i payed for a reading , and she says its going to happen so ill wait 5 years and if it dosant ill ring her up and abuse her,,, lets get real,, , the last reading i had was from this giuld forum and the past was so far off , the future had no chance, ralphy,

i know a lot of people who do what you do... ;)

Guest WittySpirit
So does consulting many psychics about the same issue cause difficulty with readings. I think someone else mentioned that in an earlier thread. I've done this, but it's not because I'm trying to debunk anything, it's because I find it hard to be certain about any one psychic's readings so I want to hear different readings so I can compare. I feel this is natural. Even is a psychic believes in their own ability, they are still human and they can be wrong, so if you are asking a psychic about an aspect of your life that is important to you, is it wrong to want to make sure?

there are so many things to take into consideration, when it comes to reading a person... i take my hats off to these wonderfully gifted people here at the guild..

there's nothing wrong with wanting confirmation... my suggestion is... you don't just jump in and ask anyone who says they can read... going by reputation is a great way to ensure a good reading... i know some people.. that have given many readings... but i haven't heard any confirmations about their readings... i would never ask them to give me a reading...

i rarely ASK for readings... and the few times i have... i've been extremely careful of who i have asked...and trusting these people's gifts... i leave it at that... i do get offered messages... and accept them gratefully...

readings can become addictive... i know quite a few that come in everyday... asking the same thing... and going from one reader to another... and still they're not satisfied...

my personal rule of thumb is... don't ask more than 3 people on a subject....

in the end... it's up to you to accept what you've been given or not...

good point so when do we pull the house down , and biuld the 2 ,, story flats in a block of 4 , buy the way im over biulding , i was a concreter for years and will never do that again,, and then theres the factory i bourt last year to turn into an american flat,, but , i supose we could get rid of that as we had only dreamed of it for the last 15 years,, and all the other stuff in all the other readings,, we got to put them on the block to,,,and that was in between the trip over seas,thats realy my ship comming in,, and the uropian thing,, well, so what your realy saying,, correct me if im rong,, is that one reading stuffs up the others reseption, so they become way off,,,hhhhhhhhaaaaaah,,well i see,, so the reading i got from victoria , last week that says ive got 4 kids and maby more , was so far out it was because of all the others,,that read for me,,, and the fact she saw eve more kids from a nother woman some where, was because they were so stong they through her way off,, im 47 only married once have only one daughter and cant have any more kids owing to testicle cancer,,, if i was that far off i wouldant blame other readings id bow out quietly,,, , , ive stated a few times now,,, 2 readers got it rite,, scotty hill and brians predictions,, the rest didant tuch the serface,,, i also stated 98 people suposed psychics tried out for sencing murder on telly,, 98 were so far away from the mark they didant get the job,,, maby its time to have a look at why,,, i wanto know,,maby they were getting antaner interferance from the others,,but if thats all you can come up with god help us,,,, ,,,people read these forums to learn and im giving them what i know from my studys,, how many others have taken on a study like im doing to get some line on this stuff,, i mite do a p.h.d on the subject,, i cant just blunder through and go ok, its all rite i payed for a reading , and she says its going to happen so ill wait 5 years and if it dosant ill ring her up and abuse her,,, lets get real,, , the last reading i had was from this giuld forum and the past was so far off , the future had no chance, ralphy,

Geez, Ralphy keep going on like this and I am going to have to take back what I said when I defended you against Vigil...your posts are beginning to sound a bit like the ravings of a mad man. With all that experience and all, and with everything you are supposed to know you'd think you could be a bit more, dare I say it...rational hehehe. :lol: But, hey just being blunt like you are, friends, Violet_cream :unsure:

i can tell you exactly why you've gotten so many inaccurate readings.... you're overread... you have created so many different futures within you, from all these readings... mix that in with the fact you're determined to debunk psychics... that you're like a bowl of fortune cookes all mixed up.... i think if someone told you they were psychic, and said the sky was blue... you'd go out of your way to prove it was green.

as for the email reading... i did it more for fun than anything else, as i'd never gotten one before... took me a while just to think of a subject i'd like the reading on... lol.... the reading was early august of this year... (so 2 months ago)

i'm not going to go into exact details (my reading.. not yours.. get ya own :P). but... 2 men were described.. i knew who one was, (my ex, and as we have children together, he is still part of my life), and have since met the other... (actually, i met him the night i recieved the email reading). as these 2 men were described in very good detail, it wasn't hard to 'know them when i saw them'.

also, 2 names were mentioned. one of the names i possibly knew, turns out, my new friend knows the name as well (strange thing is... both these people by that name have the exact same relationship to my friend and myself)... the other name, i had no idea who it was at the time, but have since found out...

the other thing that was mentioned, was a trip... i thought, 'yeah right, that's really going to happen'.... well.. the trip has become more likely than i thought possible...

the only reason i said it was 90% accurate is because......... i haven't actually taken the trip yet... just discussed it :D

The Universal Psychic Guild & Victoria are fantastic... and i would highly recommend them to anyone!!

(((Thanks Witty))) :) Coming from an intelligent aware person like you are that is a real affirmation,

love from Victoria

Geez, Ralphy keep going on like this and I am going to have to take back what I said when I defended you against Vigil...your posts are beginning to sound a bit like the ravings of a mad man. With all that experience and all, and with everything you are supposed to know you'd think you could be a bit more, dare I say it...rational hehehe. :lol: But, hey just being blunt like you are, friends, Violet_cream :unsure:

PLEASE violet cream DONT USE MY NAME to justify what you think.

exactly my piont , and theres hundreds of us out there wanting the same odds, so how many readings has witty had,, how many has she monitord,, and why dosant she answer my questions to the fullest,, this is one person i would not get a reading off,, ,, i saw a great medium at church a few sundays ago,, and asked him to do a reading for me, he said no thanks im no fortune teller,, i was shocked,, so i asked the lady reverend why he said that,, and she said ,,,it was what he said,, just fortune telling,, and arfter my questining many and getting the flack i have i feel the rev and medium were rite,, but thats my piont of view ,, i still beleve there like mecanics some are good and some havent a clue,, so i check if the cars running ok, and if not i check a nother,,, ralphy,

Hey Ralphy

I think Its time to get to the chase! What do you want??

Guest WittySpirit
exactly my piont , and theres hundreds of us out there wanting the same odds, so how many readings has witty had,, how many has she monitord,, and why dosant she answer my questions to the fullest,, this is one person i would not get a reading off,, ,, i saw a great medium at church a few sundays ago,, and asked him to do a reading for me, he said no thanks im no fortune teller,, i was shocked,, so i asked the lady reverend why he said that,, and she said ,,,it was what he said,, just fortune telling,, and arfter my questining many and getting the flack i have i feel the rev and medium were rite,, but thats my piont of view ,, i still beleve there like mecanics some are good and some havent a clue,, so i check if the cars running ok, and if not i check a nother,,, ralphy,

getting a tad personal aren't we?? for starters, i have no desire to read you... as to how many readings i've had, roughly i have asked for about 5 readings in my lifetime. to tell someone not to get a reading from me, without knowing anything about my readings, is both childish, and (if it is purely for monitoring purposes), extremely unprofessional. if you cared to 'research' as you claim to be doing, you would find out that roughly 3 out of 5 people come back to confirm my readings.

it's a sad day, when someone puts down another's abilities, simply for the fact that they won't give you a reading.

if you read my post correctly, i never said don't get more than one reading.. i think you need to let your arrogance take a holiday, and accept the fact, that you're running round in circles.

have a great day :)

Guest WittySpirit
My feeling now is that it was a mistake to consult the psychics in the first place. It appears I was given inaccurate information and I had built up some false hope based on it. I've accepted it now and moved on, and the entire episode seems now like a bad dream. I don't think I will be consulting with psychics anymore.

i'm sorry to hear that... as i've stated before, i find the best way is to go by reputation... and be open...

and just remember... a good reading, isn't always one that tells you what you WANT to hear, but tells you what you need to hear...

all the best for the future :)

i'm sorry to hear that... as i've stated before, i find the best way is to go by reputation... and be open...

and just remember... a good reading, isn't always one that tells you what you WANT to hear, but tells you what you need to hear...

all the best for the future :)

Well, I was open... I wouldn't have consulted psychics in the first place if I wasn't. I used psychics on ebay, and I went by their feedback score. When they've recieved hundreds of feedback comments and over 99% are positive, I figured their reputation was pretty good. Maybe they're rep is so good because they tell people what they want to hear? I guess that's the conclusion I must come to.

Well, I was open... I wouldn't have consulted psychics in the first place if I wasn't. I used psychics on ebay, and I went by their feedback score. When they've recieved hundreds of feedback comments and over 99% are positive, I figured their reputation was pretty good. Maybe they're rep is so good because they tell people what they want to hear? I guess that's the conclusion I must come to.

Oh, I like your new user name much better. :)

I can understand you would be disillusioned but wait till the energies settle...you are in the process of letting go of the hopes around the woman you first asked about. Perhaps after that you might give one of our chat sessions a try. :)

Kind regards,

Victoria

Guest WittySpirit
interesting ill make sure i leave a full page for you,,,,

chi qung you say??? hmmm... thanks again for the tip ;)

Oh, I like your new user name much better. :)

I can understand you would be disillusioned but wait till the energies settle...you are in the process of letting go of the hopes around the woman you first asked about. Perhaps after that you might give one of our chat sessions a try. :)

Kind regards,

Victoria

I don't know. I had already decided to cut off contact with this woman before I consulted the psychics, and only decided to revive it on their advice. All I got for listening to them was more stress and heart break. I also got career advice from the psychics. I was told I should wait until the beginning of next year to find a new job, even though my current one is a dead end and the company treats it's employees poorly. But why should I listen to that? I especially want to leave now so I don't have to see this woman anymore. I admit, seeing her around will make it harder to let go of those old feelings...

I don't know. I had already decided to cut off contact with this woman before I consulted the psychics, and only decided to revive it on their advice. All I got for listening to them was more stress and heart break. I also got career advice from the psychics. I was told I should wait until the beginning of next year to find a new job, even though my current one is a dead end and the company treats it's employees poorly. But why should I listen to that? I especially want to leave now so I don't have to see this woman anymore. I admit, seeing her around will make it harder to let go of those old feelings...

Yes, I agree...you should try to find work now, even if you find something temporary just to get you away from the place, and then keep your options open for the best job any time between now and March of next year.

It is much easier to let go when you don't see the person.

Good luck...I do hope you will reconsider and still hang around the forum and even come to chat. There is so much good stuff to learn here and so many nice people to meet, but whatever you decide I wsh you to know that divine will wants you to have your heart's desires...maybe just in another package. :)

Yes, I agree...you should try to find work now, even if you find something temporary just to get you away from the place, and then keep your options open for the best job any time between now and March of next year.

It is much easier to let go when you don't see the person.

Good luck...I do hope you will reconsider and still hang around the forum and even come to chat. There is so much good stuff to learn here and so many nice people to meet, but whatever you decide I wsh you to know that divine will wants you to have your heart's desires...maybe just in another package.

:)

Yes, it makes it difficult. We saw each other in the break room yesterday and she was being very friendly, asking me how my day was going and stuff. I wish she'd just ignore me. Any idea that I had that I was getting over her was demolished.

I may stick around, I've always been interested in psychic and paranormal phenomena. I even have some books on developing psychic abilities. Of course many of the excercises require a partner so that makes it difficult for me, but we'll see...

reality.

This topic seems to have strayed a little off course of the original topic, how do you find a good psychic,

Ive seen a number of psychics in the little time ive been on this earth and as a person being read to i want the readings to be somewhat specific, these gifts are here to help each and every one of us, i think we can all agree with this, its human nature when asking a question and receiving an answer we are unsure of, is to ask more questions to clarify, if we dont receive the message in a form that we can understand, irrespective if its what we want to hear or not, it will make us more confused and we use this information to make serious personal and life choices which affect ourselves and the people around us!

To me a psychic is a person who sees messages, in various formats, that is getting through to them via the spirit world, a good psychic, is a person who has the ability to convey this information in a format that helps people asking for help to be able to use it and guide them.

I like to use an analagy of the teacher student relationship, a teacher is a conduit of knowledge, now with this there certain facts, each teacher has varying levels of knowledge, and varying methods to access this knowledge, obviously the openess of the student to receiving the knowledge is a factor in learning, and much is possible if the student is willing, in many years of schooling i have found the best teachers are not so much the ones with the most knowledge but the teachers best able to convey that knowledge in a specific, accurate and healthy manner, which improves my confidence and helps me learn/better my life skills.

psychics are teachers, and their guidance is used by people to guide them through life, while i beleive psychics have the responsibility to clarify what they are seeing and try to be as specific as possible, i also believe that people who go to psychics have the repsonsibility to themselves to find which psychic best conveys the messages to them, this is by no means a correlation to ability, but an emphasis on the most important factor in this sort of relationship, COMMUNICATION. Help is there waiting to be heard, and we are hear waiting to hear it, this will always be true, while people seem to be taking these debates personally, it really just boils down to a difference of communication.

In essence what i am saying is, a good psychic (for yourself) is someone who best conveys the messages from the spirit world that you need to hear, and this comes down to communication between two people, like teachers you will meet ones that you relate with and ones you dont, this is not to be taken personal, but seen as personal growth.

Sorry for the rant :-)

I hope this gets us back on track :-)

Bobbie

good point so when do we pull the house down , and biuld the 2 ,, story flats in a block of 4 , buy the way im over biulding , i was a concreter for years and will never do that again,, and then theres the factory i bourt last year to turn into an american flat,, but , i supose we could get rid of that as we had only dreamed of it for the last 15 years,, and all the other stuff in all the other readings,, we got to put them on the block to,,,and that was in between the trip over seas,thats realy my ship comming in,, and the uropian thing,, well, so what your realy saying,, correct me if im rong,, is that one reading stuffs up the others reseption, so they become way off,,,hhhhhhhhaaaaaah,,well i see,, so the reading i got from victoria , last week that says ive got 4 kids and maby more , was so far out it was because of all the others,,that read for me,,, and the fact she saw eve more kids from a nother woman some where, was because they were so stong they through her way off,, im 47 only married once have only one daughter and cant have any more kids owing to testicle cancer,,, if i was that far off i wouldant blame other readings id bow out quietly,,, , , ive stated a few times now,,, 2 readers got it rite,, scotty hill and brians predictions,, the rest didant tuch the serface,,, i also stated 98 people suposed psychics tried out for sencing murder on telly,, 98 were so far away from the mark they didant get the job,,, maby its time to have a look at why,,, i wanto know,,maby they were getting antaner interferance from the others,,but if thats all you can come up with god help us,,,, ,,,people read these forums to learn and im giving them what i know from my studys,, how many others have taken on a study like im doing to get some line on this stuff,, i mite do a p.h.d on the subject,, i cant just blunder through and go ok, its all rite i payed for a reading , and she says its going to happen so ill wait 5 years and if it dosant ill ring her up and abuse her,,, lets get real,, , the last reading i had was from this giuld forum and the past was so far off , the future had no chance, ralphy,

NB. Ralphy was offered a full refund which he declined, and also a free email psychic reading from Universal Psychic Guild. We hope he has been able to find guidance.