Universal Psychic Guild Forum
alexandrar

Why can't we talk to God directly?

Guest dit_blanc

If we dial "God" and someone answers the phone, how do we know it's God?

If we dial the boss of Halliburton, what is the likelihood of him answering the phone?

If the God of the universe spent all his time answering the phone, he wouldn't get much else done. "Hey, God, why is the universe disintegrating?" "Because, my child, you keep interrupting my chain of thought."

The universe is designed for us to gain Knowledge through Experience. Good experience? Don't need God. Bad experience? Get on the phone. If God smoothed over our every negative experience we would be denied the knowledge as to what Actions, Desires or Thoughts created the negative experience in the first place.

Humanity is intended to be healthy, beautiful and responsive to Divine Intent by our own efforts. Given that most of us fall short of these ideals, is it any wonder that God keeps his distance?

Guest Moopurple

Hmm...I just skimmed through the thread.

I have never been taught that we can't speak directly to god. I was raised Christian. I am no longer Christian, but I was taught I could pray directly to God. I don't understand who else I would be attempting to pray to.

Except, sometimes I prayed to Jesus because I prefer what Jesus stood for, rather than God. I was never a fan of the Christian God who punishes for human desires and emotions (since, what sort of God would create people and punish them for acting on the desires he gave them? Not my God), but since Father, Son, and Holy spirit were all one, praying to Jesus would be the same as praying to God, right?

I agree with those who said the teaching that you can't directly speak to God is control.

Guest dit_blanc

How do you ascertain the validity of all of the colorful things you've been dialing lately?

I was hinting at the concept of a Divine Intermediary between us and God. We accept human (sometimes all too human) priests as intermediaries but are apparently resistive of the possibility that there exists in nature a higher correspondence to the denizen of the dog collar. Esoteric philosophy teaches us of a whole hierarchy of beings responsive to the will of Deity and attempting, within the remit of Divine Law, to influence human evolution, individually or collectively, for the better.

Common sense should tell us that the creator of all things is not directly aware of the fall of the meanest sparrow. Could it be that human life is only a part of Divine Creation and that the interest of Deity is directed at humanity as a whole and not to us as individuals? To whom then do we make our pleas for assistance but to those who are nearest to us (in whatever manner we define that term) in that hierarchal tree?

I cannot of course ascertain the validity of my contacts except by persistence - there is no other way. Until I have demonstrable proof that the esoteric principles I'm currently collecting do actually have the indicated effect, my faith must rest on my own ability to sift the true from the false and to find the empirical trees in the theoretical wood.

I cannot of course ascertain the validity of my contacts except by persistence - there is no other way. Until I have demonstrable proof that the esoteric principles I'm currently collecting do actually have the indicated effect, my faith must rest on my own ability to sift the true from the false and to find the empirical trees in the theoretical wood.

Certainly, this is true. Seeing this admission of struggle makes me feel a twinge of guilt for calling you out on it; I endure the same churning process. I am continually wracked with doubt.

I have a somewhat perverse philosophy in regards to this problem - nothing is real until it has power over those that do not believe in it/cannot/will not perceive it. The practice of detecting this has lead me to very strange conclusions. How detached we are from ultimate reality as the minds of human beings really bugs me.

yes, i believe we can talk to god directly. it's totally possible.

remember that ascended masters and guides were once human. they studied in this world and passed the tests/lessons.

they can help you because they had experienced all in this world. like your high school teacher can teach you about math because they went thru it when they were in high school. they can teach you

what it was like in high school for them and you can learn from them. sure, their high school life was probably different but it's still related.

then there's the archangels that work closely with humans, so they are familiar with how we work.

but god has never lived in this world nor has he/she been a human so he cant speak thru his/her human experience. i believe if you were to ask god for advice s/he would just tell you love is the way/love is the answer to all. detach and let go. embrace love. i bet all s/he will talk about it's love because s/he has never had an ego, has never experienced negativity, has never experienced kill/steal, has never experienced what romantic love is and why one would take it so seriously. i think to speak to god without our guides/angels to translate, it would be like trying to explain to someone from one culture to another why they do the things they do.

I know in the old days in most asian culture speaking freely is forbidden . i heard that you can't speak unless you are spoken to. if you were to tell an american don't speak up even if someone it's telling you to do something you dont' agree, i believe most americans would say something. For anyone asian they may rather commit suicide then speak their truth. for an american this would be extremely absurd, how can anyone not speak up, even little things like what you want for lunch? without experience one can't fully comprehend the circumstances.

Guest Dot
i bet all s/he will talk about it's love because s/he has never had an ego, has never experienced negativity, has never experienced kill/steal, has never experienced what romantic love is and why one would take it so seriously.

Do you think it would have never experienced love, either? Or is the love you refer to a feeling "close to God"?

Do you think the 'love' of accepting all, could also mean being indifferent to all? The result is the same, the means is just different. What do you think about this?

I like the analogy you made to culture though, I definitely agree that communication between us and God is hindered by our experiences and 'cultures', if you will.

Do you think it would have never experienced love, either? Or is the love you refer to a feeling "close to God"?

Do you think the 'love' of accepting all, could also mean being indifferent to all? The result is the same, the means is just different. What do you think about this?

I like the analogy you made to culture though, I definitely agree that communication between us and God is hindered by our experiences and 'cultures', if you will.

thank you for agreeing with me. i kind of put that explanation together through my experiences of spirituality . hahhaha i used that word experience.

i believe that love of god is hard to describe. we can only imagine.

i think what your saying only exists here because we have duality...male/female, good/bad, positive/negative nowhere/everywhere etc. everything is just one. with that being said accepting of all&being indifferent to all are the same, we just see one as two in this world. i guess the best way to explain it would be.... like buddha or the any of the ascended masters loving all beings and helping all but he has no emtional attachments to them. he wouldn't fall deeply in love with a girl and want sex with her, he wouldn't get angry and want to punish him/er if s/he committed a crime, he wouldn't have guilt if he couldn't save a person. basically he's not controlled by emotions. from a human perspective it's like he's cold and has no love, but yet he loves all beings.

Have you ever wondered why most of us have been brainwashed into believing that we need to speak to the Creator through a medium, such as "In Jesus' name", "ask your spirit guides and angels", "ask the arcangels to cast out evil spirits", "ask natural spirits for help", ask different kind of deities, etc...

Why weren't we taught to talk to the most powerful creator DIRECTLY without an in-between agent? Is it because we don't feel worthy deep down? Is it because we've been brainwashed so badly? Is it because those in power who brainwashed us fear that we would gain too much knowledge, wisdom, and power if we KNEW the TRUTH?

Hi,

God is in you can easily communicate with him if you believe on God, he always stop you when you commit wrong and always appreciate when you right.

The way I see it is this.

Prior to Jesus, the Biblical patriarchs would have prayed directly to God. Abraham had conversations with him.

During the time of Christ, Jesus said that no one could approach the father except through him, that is why he is considered mediator.