Universal Psychic Guild Forum
alexandrar

But why do I need Tarot card's approval?

Has this ever happend to you?

Say you've made a decision, you know the decision is right, it feels right, etc., yet you are not getting a strong confirmation from the Tarot cards. I am starting to think, if I know a decision is right, why should I let the cards have power over me? Why would I need its approval - know what I mean? In fact, I am starting to think that if I believe a decision is right, I should not even check with the cards. Please share your experience if you've ever had this issue come up.

Great post alexandra. You have reached the point where you no longer NEED to refer to your Tools. That is excellent, a huge step ahead. I see all tool as things we move past when we are ready to drop the attachment, like we gave up crawling to walk, then run. It's much better to know what you feel than to second guess and take the chance of effecting the cards outcome with thoughts.

I think it is like as your legs get stronger, you realize that you no longer need crutches.

I noticed that a lot of your posts are about figuring out that all this time you actually have the power. Just go with it, jump right in! :)

What matters is that the decision is right - while rightness can be a relative thing, all that matters is that the outcome you reach is the best available for you. It does not matter how it is reached. The only thing that matters is efficiency and accuracy in your own best interests. I wonder which is leading you in the right direction - your intuition as manifested in your feelings towards this matter, or your intuition as manifested in your cards?

Thank you all for sharing your insights. I've given it some thought. I think the cards can be a good tool when I have to make quick decisions and there's no time to think, or for self-awareness issue such as "help me understand why I am procrastinating..." But when it comes to important decisions I will only trust myself.

Edit: Interesting you've noticed Kai. After the past few threads I made, I can't help but notice how badly I've been brainwashed, and I've reached a decision to no longer give my power away to anything outside of me, whether humans or tools. You made a powerful statement Tayesin - it reminds me of a past experience when I knew a decision was right, yet someone kept telling me to make a different decision (putting doubts in my head). Later on I discovered that this person, while unware, was channeling from spirits that were not form the light. And Armadodecadron: From personal experience, my intuition can see the big picture - something the cards don't always do. So in the end I always go with my intuition.

One thing I learned from reading tarot cards, especially for myself is that the "final answer" is more of a possible answer. It's a possible outcome if you don't change your mind or path. Everything should work out as you have decided it to be. My husband always tells me that cards shouldn't give you a final answer, he can't believe that a set of cards can be so definite. So I trust him and I've found that this observation has been true for most of my readings.

I remember a friend of mine would always ask me the same thing and the question would always be the same. Her answer was always "it will work if you Want it to." Essentially it always comes down to what you choose your future to be. Cards just lay out the 'options' you have available to you.

Well said Chiili. While doing readings I learned everything that I was shown was only Possibility and Probability, and it all came down to the choices me make. And, it's not always the Big choices, as we make thousands of choices each day without thinking about them. These choices add up to a lot of weight in the balance.

I agree about being an adult an standing on your own two feet that's practical...I'm a very practical thinker.... But I also do not think you can discount your cards... If they are unsure I think it is because your confidence is wavering an they are like a friend for you... And will not give a definite answer because you are so sure but there is always the possibility an just like a friend I think your cards to pick up on this.... I agree about all I think of it as more of a channeling tool... Sometimes... I think like when you KNOW! It's right no question! I don't think you would need to use your cards... As well as all the forces you usually channel would feel this too... An feel no need so maybe you're channeling yourself? An that not final strong outcome is the cards picking up on your lack of confidence... Weather it be in your cards or in your choice... I personally have read my cards when my blood sugar is low... An they get upset I can feel the energy of confusion an stress an struggle... An I'm like okay I need a sugary drink... But my cards at that point make no sense an give me no outcome... Because I MYSELF have influenced them even w/o meaning too.... But I do trust them like a friend... But some things I can't run to my friends for they can't always give the answer... So when you already know the answer you just channel yourself I think :/. My own personal opinion... Don't lesson the value but think of where the ADVICE came from is all I say... :/ Sorry if I'm made anyone mad with me please forgive an thank you for reading. :/

!@_o!

I agree about being an adult an standing on your own two feet that's practical...I'm a very practical thinker.... But I also do not think you can discount your cards... If they are unsure I think it is because your confidence is wavering an they are like a friend for you... And will not give a definite answer because you are so sure but there is always the possibility an just like a friend I think your cards to pick up on this.... I agree about all I think of it as more of a channeling tool... Sometimes... I think like when you KNOW! It's right no question! I don't think you would need to use your cards... As well as all the forces you usually channel would feel this too... An feel no need so maybe you're channeling yourself? An that not final strong outcome is the cards picking up on your lack of confidence... Weather it be in your cards or in your choice... I personally have read my cards when my blood sugar is low... An they get upset I can feel the energy of confusion an stress an struggle... An I'm like okay I need a sugary drink... But my cards at that point make no sense an give me no outcome... Because I MYSELF have influenced them even w/o meaning too.... But I do trust them like a friend... But some things I can't run to my friends for they can't always give the answer... So when you already know the answer you just channel yourself I think :/. My own personal opinion... Don't lesson the value but think of where the ADVICE came from is all I say... :/ Sorry if I'm made anyone mad with me please forgive an thank you for reading. :/

!@_o!

Yes, you made some good points there oOBlueOo...

I can understand how your cards (or any other divination tool for that matter) could reflect back to you your own confusion. :)

You made a good point Blue about treating them like a friend. That's why I didn't "burn bridges" (lol) and throw them away completely.

And this:

Sorry if I'm made anyone mad with me please forgive an thank you for reading. :/

Are you serious about this :D ? Personally I love a good debate, and I believe one should never have to apologize for voicing an opinion. I've already made a final decision regarding this matter, but I love to read people's responses because this is how we all learn.

Yeah sorry very shy :/ People like to yell at me :/ When I speak my mind if anyone wonders why they can ask in pm but.... I always like to say I have no intention of making anyone mad or upsetting anyone. :) Please an thank you.... I'm also glad that you have figured it out. ^_^ It is nice to be able to do stuff with out the assistance it makes you feel well. :)

!@_o!

The cards def work in a mysterious way, I have been told to mind my own business, I have pulled the same card 3x, To tell me to look inside myself for the answer.

The cards just tell you current influences around an event going on, etc. They offer THEIR ADVICE to keep this from becoming to detrimental, but that's all they do. If I ask it something like "should I goto college" and it says no but I FEEL I must, I'm perfectly free to do this the card was only telling me what it thinks as a divine thing. Of course later whatever happens it's on me.