Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
meglamus

how do you know who your twin flame is?

hiya

this has been on my mind for a while.

i was wondering how you would know who your twin flame is, and how u would know if you met them...

some people say that you see it in the other person's eyes, and that u see like generations upon generations of time...

i heard others say that u see them all the time in dreams...

but then do twin flames have to be the same age?

and can twin flames break up?

lol the questions have been bugging me for a while ;)

oh and how do u know the difference between Love and Twin Flame love?

thankyou

meg

x

Guest Dot

Your strong hands fellow is NOT your Twin Flame, if that's what you're wondering. You have not met your Twin Flame.

As for how you know... You just "know" you've met them, it's a feeling. If you haven't really come into contact with your Twin Flame then you won't properly be able to conceive of how it would feel, this is why you're confused. The difference between Love and Twin Flame Love is big, one is a lot more spiritual and deep and blows you apart and the other is a warm fuzzy feeling which keeps you warm - of course, Twin Flame Love is love, but there's a little something extra to it.

As for if they have to be the same age, I have no idea. I don't know if it would matter or not. I don't know about this. I can see a Twin Flame being a different age like "You go first and I'll catch up," so hey. Can twin flames break up? I don't think the term break up would apply to something deep and intertwining as a Twin Flame relationship - you cannot break up a Twin Flame relationship because your Twin Flame is always your Twin Flame, whether you break up or not. Though if the relationship was that deep why would they break up? It's more probable that your Twin Flame is in the 5th Dimension not the 3rd, so you won't physically be meeting them. Not in a solid human form anyway.

This might be why some people are more likely to see them in dreams.

And again, Meg, you have not met them. Sorry but it's true. But you can choose not to believe it or not. Your choice not mine. A Twin Flame does not just get you, you can get each other without talking or doing anything at all. Hopefully that makes sense, the connection is a lot deeper is what I'm saying and it's not something you're experiencing.

Sorry to break it to ya.

Guest Dot

Oh, okay. Sorry. I'm more relieved that my post actually posted at the moment. My net failed just as I was posting it so I didn't know if it worked.

But anyway, yeah, sorry for making assumptions. I tend to do that sometimes, it's a bad habit of mine. I'm glad you found good in my post, however. That makes me happy. :P

tis k :)

haha yes it cleared some things up ;)

I find the love topic really interesting... how like u can have LOVE, but you can have a TWIN FLAME love too...

:D

Guest Angel C

He may be a soulmate though :) I think a lot of "first loves" are. It doesnt mean it lasts forever though!

There was a topic about twin flames a while ago TBG, maybe you should search for it.

Oh, okay. Sorry. I'm more relieved that my post actually posted at the moment. My net failed just as I was posting it so I didn't know if it worked.

Mine crashed too, when I was replying to your topic. Think it was a problem with the guild.

Guest Sparklyy
As for how you know... You just "know" you've met them, it's a feeling. If you haven't really come into contact with your Twin Flame then you won't properly be able to conceive of how it would feel, this is why you're confused. The difference between Love and Twin Flame Love is big, one is a lot more spiritual and deep and blows you apart and the other is a warm fuzzy feeling which keeps you warm - of course, Twin Flame Love is love, but there's a little something extra to it

That's so interesting,so do you think there is that one person that you are truly meant to spend every life with?

I actually have been researching this a lot! I've read quite a few books on soul mates and twin flames, read numerous sites, talked to people who have had similar experiences to others I've read, etc. I'll try to post everything I know, it might take awhile to remember some things!

I've read the most common way to know who your twin flame is, is if you dream of one person who is ALWAYS in your dreams but you don't know them at all (in the physical sense). Later on, people report meeting this person who was always in their dreams, which also helps these individuals to find their twin flame.

They say that you only have twin flames that are opposite gender. However, I've known people to say their twin flame is not the opposite gender, only they ACT like the opposite gender. Twin flames tend to have a feminine aspect and a masculine aspect.

Others report having spirit guides who are their twin flames. You feel extremely connected to your twin flame and you are able to channel them very easily. I've heard this is only if they are in the spiritual realm, sometimes when they are in the physical realm.

You feel pain they feel. This also helps people find their twin flame. You could be miles away from them and know they've injured themselves. People also explain phantom pain this way- there was a story I read once that a woman who was taking care of an older man felt the pain he went through, and stayed by his side every day and night. He had a type of cancer, and in the area that he had the cancer, she had intense pain that could not be diagnosed by doctors.

The intense electrical feel between individuals is often reported when finding twin flames. They feel so compelled to be around one another that it is scary for people who aren't used to this interaction. For instance, in one of the stories I read, a woman and a man who met felt such a strong electrical current between the two of them that they were scared of one another, but later on discussed it after their meeting and realized they loved each other (and, got married later on).

When twin flames are together physically, it isn't uncommon that they have an out of body experience.

In a book I read, you only meet your twin flame when you are ready. For instance, if you have an addiction that you can't get over, it can get in the way of connecting with your twin flame. You can only get together with them in a physical sense when you are ready spiritually and physically.

Another instance of finding your twin flame, is the "appearing in everything you write/draw". Artists sometimes find that they are always drawing/painting one person, but they never know who. Writers put one type of character constantly in their work, who has the same attributes as their twin flame. Some believe this occurs because your twin flame comes out in your talents, it is the deepest way of expressing your inner feelings- 'words from the soul' or 'art from the soul'.

There also are stories on people dating one type of person because they are constantly searching for their twin flame. For instance, you might date someone who looks like your twin flame, but does not act like your twin flame. But since they have one aspect of your twin flame, you love that part of them. It also can occur for personality and how they act. For people who say their guides are their twin flames, they often marry someone in this lifetime who is somewhat like their twin flame, and who is in their soul group, which makes this life satisfying for them. So you are not meant to be with your twin flame marriage-wise every lifetime, they can be many different things for you- mother, father, sister, brother, husband/wife, or just a really good friend.

Your twin flame is also said to bring you luck, health wise and emotionally. Your life is supposed to get a lot better if you have that connection in your life (spiritually or physically).

Some people believe you don't meet your twin flame in all your lifetimes, which I have to agree. There are many individuals who report they never have met their twin flames.

Oh- and twin flames are not physically half of a soul, I found. They are each one complete soul, not cut in two. They are basically another soul that balances your soul in the big picture of the universe. So therefore, if your twin flame passes on, they do not assimilate with yours, but go to protect you.

There are instances of twin flames (as I mentioned earlier) having a huge age difference.

As for me, I'm not 100% sure if I have met my twin flame, but I have an idea that I probably did at some point and I freaked out. There was a person who I could literally not be around because it scared me how I wanted to act with them, and I never did because I thought it was abnormal. I have to say, if you run into someone who you are scared of for no evident reason (if they are pleasant, caring, etc. - nothing physically wrong with them, you just fear them) then there's a chance you need to talk to them ASAP. The connection with your twin flame should be overpowering and not everyone is cut out to handle it in this lifetime around.

I don't know everything about twin flames, but that's what I've come across. I had the same question- will I know what it feels like to meet my twin flame? Because I wondered if I had met them already. I'm pretty sure I have, and I just wasn't ready to be with them in the physical sense in this lifetime.

I could tell you a personal experience through PM if you would like to know, but I keep it under wraps otherwise (my own story regarding twin flames). I can also reference some of the things I've mentioned here if you're interested!

It's more probable that your Twin Flame is in the 5th Dimension not the 3rd, so you won't physically be meeting them. Not in a solid human form anyway.

Can you explain your concept of dimensions?

They say that you only have twin flames that are opposite gender. However, I've known people to say their twin flame is not the opposite gender, only they ACT like the opposite gender. Twin flames tend to have a feminine aspect and a masculine aspect.
I think that every person has a "feminine" aspect and "masculine" aspect. Anyway, does a twin flame transcend sexual attraction then? Assuming that they are both living a physical life at the same time, and are of the persons preferred gender?

Well, in my opinion I think the love twin flames can have grows from shared experiences, and that the love they share is beyond any concept we have of love. It's too deep to explain with words. So it does transcend sexual attraction.

Guest Dot
That's so interesting,so do you think there is that one person that you are truly meant to spend every life with?

Of course! We're supposed to be spending every life with ourselves. :P

I think that every person has a "feminine" aspect and "masculine" aspect. Anyway, does a twin flame transcend sexual attraction then? Assuming that they are both living a physical life at the same time, and are of the persons preferred gender?

I don't know. I don't think so. We are being which do not reproduce with ourselves, we have a male and female form copied from the Universe's blue print of male and female. Despite how masculine a girl is or how feminine a male is, they are still male and female and they are still that blue print. What I've heard is that Twin Flames take the form of the opposite sex, and if it's for this reason, then I can completely understand.

1st Dimension: Dot. (Haha.)

2nd Dimension: 2D... Flat surface.

3rd Dimension: We're we're living in now. We have three dimensions.

4th Dimension: Time.

5th Dimension: Spirit.

6th Dimension: Higher Self (WTF I just randomly wrote that)

7th Dimension: [[[block.]]]

Well, the 5th Dimension is the spirit world, essentially. All those astral planes and levels. The 6th Dimension is... apparently (according to what I wrote) the higher self, so it may be that type of consciousness which controls our spirit and my back is very hot now. Gosh. As for the 7th Dimension, haha, block. I think it might continue from there, and just keep on going, after all, the Universe is Infinite, no? Right? -Blinks.-

I don't know. I don't think so. We are being which do not reproduce with ourselves, we have a male and female form copied from the Universe's blue print of male and female. Despite how masculine a girl is or how feminine a male is, they are still male and female and they are still that blue print. What I've heard is that Twin Flames take the form of the opposite sex, and if it's for this reason, then I can completely understand.
Well, if you are saying that twin flames take opposite genders for the purpose of reproduction, then I totally disagree. My sexual desires have absolutely nothing to do with reproduction, considering that I cannot reproduce with those I am attracted to.

What if there is a female me and male me out there simultaneously in parallel realities? :o

Wow that is very enlightening. Especially about the 6th dimension. I will have to think about it. :)

Guest Dot
Well, if you are saying that twin flames take opposite genders for the purpose of reproduction, then I totally disagree.

No, not for the purpose of reproduction, but for the purpose of being the opposite gender because they're opposites.

Wow that is very enlightening. Especially about the 6th dimension. I will have to think about it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks, although my swearing might not have been enlightening it's nice to know the rest is. :) Yeah.

Guest Angel C

I dont think a twin flame would have to be the opposite gender. From what I understand of the concept it is about two well-balanced individuals uniting.

Dot, when you go hot like that I think you are in touch with "your truth" Notice where in the body it is, to give you an indication how near to the truth you are.

The 6th Dimension is... apparently (according to what I wrote) the higher self, so it may be that type of consciousness which controls our spirit and my back is very hot now.

I think you seem to have tapped into that part of your soul which connects with the whole of the universe, or at least the Collective domain - where truths can be found.

I have been reading the 7 Spiritual laws of yoga and in yoga this place you have reached is called the Universal Domain and is within our Causal body. The causal body is also known as the domain of spirit and the field of pure potentiality. (I explained it the best I could in the spiritual growth thread, but must admit Im not really doing it justice)

In other words the universal consciousness is within each and everyone of us. I'm pretty sure it means the universe is in within each of us whilst we are each within the universe. (Hard for us to wrap our heads around). This would also mean that the dimensions are within ourselves (which makes sense when you think of astral travel etc) I came to my conclusion that "I am within god, and god is within me". I find that such a powerful affirmation, quite an enligtening personal truth anyhow ........

Coincidence?

A few days ago I was thinking about the 6th Dimension, The Higher Self and Ethereal. I started to think about these things together, after finding an old Word document on my computer by chance when I was searching for something else.

So now I'm wondering whether the 6th Dimension , where the Higher Self is the Ethereal (sea of boundless opportunity). Or whether the Ethereal is the 7th Dimension. I am also wondering whether the Sea of Boundless opporunity (Ethereal) is the same as the Field of Pure Potentiality. Surely they must be. If so; is this where we humans can stop counting and labelling dimensions with a number, as this dimension (the field of pure potentiality) is infinite???

What do you think?

Edit: Another strange coincidence, when I looked up this section of the book, to check what I was trying to relay about the spiritual domain, it mentions identical twins. When I first read this I thought about sharing this with you Dot, to see what your perspective was. I think you should read this book. Maybe we should do this one next in the book club, after Tayesins book. Your perceptions may be totally different from mine and we could learn from each other.

Guest Dot
Dot, when you go hot like that I think you are in touch with "your truth" Notice where in the body it is, to give you an indication how near to the truth you are.
I think so too. (But why my back, though?) The question was more of a rhetorical one than anything, also perhaps to challenge all those who may think it was not a sort of spiritual connection. Yet, those who challenge everything will challenge... everything, as always. :P But yes, I think you're right. It's just startling because I've felt this frequently lately - it's not often I feel the "heat" but lately I have, especially today. I would say it's odd, but I'm sure the Universe has a reason for it.

You should PM me this thing about identical twins. From what I have found in the past, Wynter is also a soul mate of mine and it is why we're twins - but is that the only reason? We've clearly had things to learn from each other, and I think we've learned them - at least, for the most part - I'm sure there's more. I don't think we should be going off topic for much longer, but perhaps we could continue this via PM or email.

As for the casual body, I'm not sure about all the fancy names, but I think I know what you're talking about. It's just the names which confuse me. "Sea of Boundless Opportunity", "Field of Pure Potentiality"? What are these? They sound like fancy names given to simple things. I'm sure they're simple. As far as I'm concerned, the thing that makes the Universe do certain things is... well, I can't put it into words. It just is. Isn't it a type of consciousness - no it's not consciousness, it's subconscious, it's unconscious. I think the question you're asking is Where are these Universe Laws kept and is it at a higher state than consciousness. Well, considering it's an "unconscious" thing - (high ringing in my right ear) - would it be below? I don't think it's physically below, but - actually what's with this whole unconscious is below thing? Because it's in us.

Anyway, I think we should continue this discussion maybe through PM, unless the other forumers don't mind it being here. :)

Guest Angel C
(high ringing in my right ear)
Clairaudience/telepathy or stress.

I have posted in the book club. Shall we see what chiili says when she gets back from her holiday. I think it would be too much to type this all up.

Got to go now. I've enjoyed reading and answering your posts this morning Dot. Dont overdo it though, we humans require balance!

Ok, sorry TBG - lets get back on subject. Maybe Victoria will move our posts for us - call it "Dimensions" or something.

Guest Dot

Yes, it is Clairaudience. EDIT: Eh? Stress too? Are you sure?

But what exactly am I hearing? I've heard you hear the high ringing when you get an unconscious message from the Universe but I don't feel any different really, or feel much enlightened. Maybe it's just the angels, archangels or just plain ol' me going "heya, listen to this!" But sometimes this happens for no apparent reason. Note the word apparent. I'm not entirely sure why it happens sometimes.

EDIT: I'm going to look at the Book Club now...

Oh I'm sorry, you obviously did not mean reproduction, I was half asleep when I read that yesterday. I think what you mean is "complimentary," that twin flames should compliment each other, and a common way people manifest that theme on this planet is through male and female genders. But that is not the only way we do that or that it can be done. There are as many ways as there are thoughts! :lol:

Actually I had so many thoughts come to mind reading what you two wrote but I suppose that would be off topic. Why do we have a fear about going off topic? This conversation is very interesting.

1st Dimension: Dot. (Haha.)

2nd Dimension: 2D... Flat surface.

3rd Dimension: We're we're living in now. We have three dimensions.

Are you certain about your placement of time on that list? Here is an interesting notion: The existence of precognitive thought is anecdotal evidence that the fifth of sixth dimension on your list possesses an alternate mechanic by which it experiences time when related to the three dimensions. Through the higher realms one can predict without causal relationship outcomes in the three dimensions. That is to say, to know effects without knowing the cause - to skip links in the chain of causality.

Because of this, it is possible that the higher dimensions are subject to laws of time that are "superior" to the linear progression of time in the three dimensions.

Put more simply, their time allows them to ignore the rules of the time in the three dimensions. Because of this I have taken to thinking that time is not a dimension at all, but something altogether more abstract - the motion of the gears, not the physical dimensions of the gears themselves.

Because of this, it is possible that the higher dimensions are subject to laws of time that are "superior" to the linear progression of time in the three dimensions.

Put more simply, their time allows them to ignore the rules of the time in the three dimensions. Because of this I have taken to thinking that time is not a dimension at all, but something altogether more abstract - the motion of the gears, not the physical dimensions of the gears themselves.

Interesting, I suppose it is a question of what dimensions do we exist in? Are we in all available dimensions but we only percieve 3 + time, or are we only in some of them?

If you take the definition of time from physics, time is simply change. So to place souls etc in a higher level in a hierarchy of dimensions would suggest that they are changeless?

Interesting, I suppose it is a question of what dimensions do we exist in? Are we in all available dimensions but we only percieve 3 + time, or are we only in some of them?

If you take the definition of time from physics, time is simply change. So to place souls etc in a higher level in a hierarchy of dimensions would suggest that they are changeless?

I would say we are in all of them at once. Human conscious appears, at least to me, to be the result of a relationship between the thinking three dimensional organism and the will imposed on it by the higher dimensional spirit. This results, as I have said before, in a certain friction between the two, and that friction is in itself the consciousness of you and I. We are neither not fully our true selves as a spirit, because we have human drives, and we are not fully human, because we have spiritual will. Ergo, we, as consciousnesses, are the combination of the two, the relationship between them.

As for placing them on the higher level, I was not insinuating they are changeless. That is not what I believe. I have never been able to fit the idea of an absolute individual soul in a working philosophy, because it leads to... Problems. Which you have seen me speak at length on in other threads. I would say that in the context of my last post in this particular thread I meant that they have their own clockwork of time which relates to but does not necessarily match the progression of three dimensional time.