Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

Is it necessary to meet your twin flame in order to move on from Earth life?

Guest Dot

It's quite a simple question really. When you meet your twin flame you become "whole" apparently, at least, reunited with your other half, but is this necessary before we move onto another life off of Earth? Is it just an odd thing that happens on Earth? Can we meet twin flames on other planets too? Even if we are just spirit, can our spirits be forced apart? I guess if you were spirit and only spirit, then maybe you would just be the two of you together. That's how I picture it. But can it be another way?

Can we move away from Earth without meeting our twin flame?

Once we meet our twin flame does that mean you're able to leave Earth? Goes back to my other questions. I'm sure if you wanted you could stay on Earth another life or two... but is it possible we've met our twin flame in a past life... only it has to do with the individual? It's gotta be with the individual, right? Because our twin flame is our spirit, and our spirit is open to receiving them, though is our soul? What's with this? If I can change myself and grow why can't I meet my twin flame? If it's because of me as an individual... well... eh.

I guess I'm a bit confused all of a sudden.

I'm honestly curious though.

Not that I mind how this life is already and that I've already been denied meeting my twin flame though... I mean, I'm cool with that I guess, I'll just meet them another life. What do you guys think? Another thing I think, actually, it's not about the individual, well, it is. It's about our spirit. Apparently our spirits choose how our lives will go out this life and that maybe our choices are illusions, because really we've already chosen them deep down in our spirit. -Furrows eyebrows.- This is real thinking food, I've been mulling over it. I'm still not entirely sure. Whilst we individuals do have choices, are they really choices or have our spirits already chosen them? Maybe my individual self is ready to meet my twin flame but I've been denied this because my spirit, my actual spirit didn't want to.

But why?

Does it want to know what life can be like without it?

Maybe it just wants to see where I go with this life, if it's better than the last. And... just a random fact, I know it is.

Anyway, my questions would be happy to be heard, and if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

I like your question because it kind of ties together all the other postings about twin flames. Errr, I have to go but real quick running off of what I said before about being on a high vibration in order to meet,

If you have to be on the same wavelength in order to meet, and that wavelength is a very high level vibration, then perhaps once you meet you are on a high enough vibration in order to leave this earthly existence?

And also I think that the universe has a "it's never too late" policy. I think that if you make Dot's happiness the number one priority then who can say what could happen in the many years you have left in your future.

What are you seeking, Dot? Do you feel so incomplete in yourself that you are certain you are missing half of you, or more? Do you remember what I was seeking of myself, outside of me? It's only now that I notice the parallels between these pursuits. When you first come forward with this concept, it almost seems like you were searching for love, and now the pursuit has evolved into something else altogether as you've had time to think it over. That denial you feel - that's how it feels for me, when I say I am a fragment of myself. The shadow of it hangs over me, and I know it is what I must have, find and become - and yet I cannot have it. Not yet.

This is why we are human beings - this is why there are human beings, I am beginning to think. To act as grounds, as molds, as a singular point of focus the incarnate can use to shape themselves and bring together things they have found beyond themselves in the realms of the spirit. It relates to...

It's about our spirit. Apparently our spirits choose how our lives will go out this life and that maybe our choices are illusions, because really we've already chosen them deep down in our spirit. -Furrows eyebrows.- This is real thinking food, I've been mulling over it. I'm still not entirely sure. Whilst we individuals do have choices, are they really choices or have our spirits already chosen them? Maybe my individual self is ready to meet my twin flame but I've been denied this because my spirit, my actual spirit didn't want to.

Remember that our bodies can defy our spirit. They are supposed to provide resistance. If there were no differences in motive and structure between the human being and the incarnate spirit, there would be no purpose to incarnation - there would be no opportunity for change or growth because we would not have a mold to be shaped by and shape in turn. It would be an incarnate spirit incarnating into a perfect copy of itself, which seems a pointless act.

You and I; we're lucky, in a way, to witness the anachronism of being not quite a human, not quite a soul, but the result of a frictional relationship between the two. Maybe you (your humanity) has been told by you (your soul, you, truly) that the completeness you seek will not be found in this life, because it will not be found in life at all.

The only reason we can struggle against our spirit at times is because of this friction - the human body and the incarnate spirit can disagree.

But we cannot ultimately deny the will of our spirit, because it is what we truly are, and what will remain when we die. The humanity will go, and with it the consciousness we know and are for the duration of our mortal lives - the result of that frictional relationship between our humanity and our true self.

This whole Twin Flame thing is misunderstood. You'd be surprised how many clients used to ask when they were going to meet their souls mate/twin flame. The answer was always twofold.. 1/ We think a soul mate is the One person we have to meet and have a loving relationship with. Which is simply not true, as a soul mate can be the person you had a terrible relationship with but learned so much about yourself and found inner strength, etc..... 2/ We also believe a Soul Mate will complete us, as if we are only half a person now. Therefore the answer to the question is, when you have made yourself Whole, then another whole person will come into your life, until then you will find others who believe they are missing their better or other half.

This is as clear as I can be on this subject. You must become a whole person, not seeking anything or anyone external to fulfill you. You must fulfill you, then you will find doors opening that allows a soul friend to compliment your own wholeness.

Yay Tayesin! Your post is like a spiritual "Whole in one".

I would guess that you already have a twin flame or two, just not a romantic one.

Hi Fooze,

A whole in one is good, wish I played golf now.

I've met other souls I contracted with to co-create experiences, as we all do. Some of those Souls and I were a little confused over what we were supposed to be doing, in a spiritual sense. I learned some valuable lessons through these people, one is that when we meet another soul we know we usually mistake what we feel as the need to consumate a relationship, instead of stepping back mentally and allowing it to show us what is really there. Maybe because we are so intent on not being "alone" we miss the deeper connection?

Anyway, yes I've met some good soul friends, some who were lovers in other times where we this time repeated old patterns until understanding the connection for what it was meant to be. The learning was that we do not have the right to expect a Soul Mate to be anything, and certainly not the loving forever type romantic perception we currently have. So we need to understand what is a real connection and what is a hoped-for, expected, or otherwise demanding connection. And that understanding comes normally from not jumping in at the start so that we have time to see more clearly. Now I know a lot of people say we should be more spur of the moment, but this is not always the healthiest approach.

The evidence for this is in seeing how so many people get out of a relationship and either seek another quickly or have one already arranged in order to not have to spend time with ourself. The repetition of this behaviour causes the issues from each relationship to build up, not be dealt with clearly, and causes us to continue to seek relief in another person. So basically, all the soul mate/twin flame Concept and Excitement can be seen as a romanticised perception that creates longing and expectation that more than likely have no real place in reality.

We just don't allow these people to be what they are supposed to be for us, we instead attempt to squeeze them into our limited soul mate/twin flame shaped hole.

Is that a hole in one now?

Guest Dot
1/ We think a soul mate is the One person we have to meet and have a loving relationship with. Which is simply not true, as a soul mate can be the person you had a terrible relationship with but learned so much about yourself and found inner strength, etc..... 2/ We also believe a Soul Mate will complete us, as if we are only half a person now.

I believe that soul mates and twin flames are completely different things. And you're right, soul mates can be somebody you have a terrible (or no) relationship with - don't I know it. :P

Therefore the answer to the question is, when you have made yourself Whole, then another whole person will come into your life, until then you will find others who believe they are missing their better or other half.

This is as clear as I can be on this subject. You must become a whole person, not seeking anything or anyone external to fulfill you. You must fulfill you, then you will find doors opening that allows a soul friend to compliment your own wholeness.

I think this is true. Of course, being a whole complete person in yourself is ideal. I like to think it is something I have done. However, to me, it's not like I'm not whole - I am whole in my individuality - in being myself, however, there is still that other part "missing". I say missing because it's not like we are joined together. It's like adding an extra piece to a whole piece. It's not exactly necessary but it's nice, and full.

I would guess that you already have a twin flame or two, just not a romantic one.

Twin flame or *two*? My idea of the twin flame is that there is just one, I mean, looking out of the picture there is you and your other half which is two, but it's like the male/female balance, from what I think.

Does a twin flame relationship have to be romantic? I'm sure it's nice when it is romantic but it's more about that unspoken connection.

What are you seeking, Dot? Do you feel so incomplete in yourself that you are certain you are missing half of you, or more?

I am whole, as me. Though, there is me out there - the rest of my spirit. Although my spirit is whole there is still another... Look at it this way. It's like a physical sort of split with identical twins. :lol: Different and whole, but the same essentially. Though, this is not how I feel about being a twin exactly, I just think it might be a useful analogy, I suppose, to explain how I'm feeling. Think of this not on a physical level, but a spiritual one.

As to what I am seeking though, it's clear I am not to meet my twin flame in the way of... meeting another person, because I don't think my twin flame is incarnated on Earth at this moment. It doesn't feel right. I guess I want to understand why this is. Before I was satisfied with a simple "no" but now I want to understand why "no". Why not? "Because you are whole without it. Without this." I guess my life, this life, isn't to do with meeting twin flames or not... I guess I can understand -that-. -Laughs- I guess I'm a bit indignant, after all, having chose this path ... doesn't it mean anything? Is it absolutely guaranteed I will reach this type of connection in my next life? Something tells me it will... that I will already have it... but I guess I just... I don't know. I'll meet my twin flame eventually. And the wait will be worth it. I guess I have other things to learn in this life before I'm ready to take that step.

What I know is that... Well, I like the sound of ascension. Who wouldn't? Though, although I think I would like to do this, I know in my heart that I'm not ready and will spend a few more lives on Earth.

Do you remember what I was seeking of myself, outside of me? It's only now that I notice the parallels between these pursuits.

It is an odd parallel. I just want to understand the bigger picture, where my spirit is going. But, the thing about the Universe is that knowing would be both foolish (because, who wants to know the future really? Takes the "fun" out of it.) and you wouldn't be able to do your best if you knew the time ahead, there would be no challenge. I'd like to be a guy in my next life, I could see that happening.

Hehe, though maybe a Giraffe would be just as nice. :lol:

When you first come forward with this concept, it almost seems like you were searching for love, and now the pursuit has evolved into something else altogether as you've had time to think it over.

You're right, it's almost like it. However, I won't be meeting my twin flame for a good while so I'm with here. It's not so bad anyway! It's pretty good I suppose. :P Maybe this life is getting used to this spirit idea and "intellectualizing" it, whilst the others will work towards building up my frequency and really working it.

That denial you feel - that's how it feels for me, when I say I am a fragment of myself. The shadow of it hangs over me, and I know it is what I must have, find and become - and yet I cannot have it. Not yet.

I understand... - Sigh.- "Not yet." -Laughs.- That seems to be the case with both of us. But it will come, and we'll be ready when it does.

As for why you're here... I have an idea.

I'll talk to you about this online.

EDIT: Actually, this might be in the wrong section. It's not really about love, more about ascension. I just put it here, I think, because it's where the other twin flame threads were. Oh well.

I gotta agree with Tayesin again.

I find the idea that there is one person out there who is a perfect match is kind of unfair to any potential partners. I mean, I don't expect myself to be perfect, why should I expect it from anyone else?

Every day I endeavour to make myself more "whole". I just want people around me who have the same goals and try to help out when they can.

Fooze, you made me think that maybe the people around us are always a perfect match. They are a perfect match to who we are in that moment, that is why we attracted them in the first place.

Guest ColorMySoul

I used to believe in romantic soul mates and twin flames and such. That there is one person that you spend every life with romantically.. Then I watched a Disney movie and changed my mind.

I kind of think that romatic soul mates, the type I described above, were created to mimic "Prince Charming." In this way, saying that there is one right person out there for me and I will find him/her. I will become complete with this person and there will be nothing else but us.

Yeah, I don't believe that so much anymore. I believe in soul mates, of course, one's that you have lived with before and who were important to you. One's who may reappear in another life, to teach you a lesson or even to be a romatic partner. But in the sense that there is only one right person out there for you and that is the only person you will spend each and every life with? Yeah, not so much that.

I haven't really been keeping up on the Twin Flames thread, because, frankly, I just don't get it. So I'm sorry if I'm way off base here. :P I guess I just don't really understand the concept of "twin flames."

Guest Dot

But in the sense that there is only one right person out there for you and that is the only person you will spend each and every life with? Yeah, not so much that.

Yeah... no. :P That would be counter-productive.

I used to believe in romantic soul mates and twin flames and such. That there is one person that you spend every life with romantically.. Then I watched a Disney movie and changed my mind.

You can have romantic relationships with other people too, gosh! :D Haha, yeah Disney... I had the song A Whole New World in my head from Aladdin today.

So I'm sorry if I'm way off base here.
Hey, it's awesome hearing from you. Don't be sorry! Hehe.

I've never heard of a twin flame before. Reading about it here on the forums is the first time I've heard about it. From what's been said in all the threads, I don't really believe in it as it is defined here or on the first few websites I looked at when I typed "twin flame" on google. I think when we are born we are born with a spirit that is whole. I think there are serious life consequences to be had from thinking that your spirit (or any part of yourself for that matter) is incomplete, that it is somehow deficient, that you are not whole, that you are lacking something.

Love is a complicated emotion and one I myself don't fully understand because of all it's intricacies: emotional, spiritual, biological, chemical. I think the notion of "soul mate" came from people ages ago who didn't really understand how to explain love and tried to come up with different ways to explain and rationalize it. The idea of a soul mate could have come from people wanting to quantify love on a scale of emotion as a way to attempt to explain it and what they were feeling and going through. The scale of emotion could be something like: attraction < infatuation < admiration < ... < soul mate. And this scale could parallel the different stages in a relationship, say something like : introduction < friendship < dating < ... < engagement < marriage. So the goal would be to search for someone in your lifetime that would preferably be as far on the right of the scale of emotion as possible, where both you and your partner feel satisfied. If both people are satisfied in a relationship and have worked their way toward being near the right end of the emotion scale, that relationship would be defined as being comprised of two soul mates and being one of the highest levels of love that two people can attain. Likewise, I think the twin flame idea is another attempt and method to quantify and explain love and the union of two people in such a relationship. I think though it really comes down to a matter of semantics and nothing more. It's different ways of explaining and looking at the same thing. To use an analogy, it's like using a thermometer- it can tell you how hot or cold something is, but there are theromemeters with different scales - degrees Celsius, Fahrenheit, or Kelvin-- in the end it's all different ways of trying to explain one thing.

Guest Dot

I really like that, FDragon. To explain how I feel about twin flames, I think it's easy to say there's something waiting for me on the other side and for me it's my twin flame.

On what you said though, I think that's where term soul mate might have come from... however... well...

I just want to say that what you said had a lot of meaning to me. It hit home. Especially the thing about goals. That was good. It made me happy. :) My spirit agrees, it is hot in my solar plexus. Haha. :lol: I like being in touch with my spirit, it is so comforting. :) And everything else I can't say because it fits quite well in here between the lines... ah, lines.

Here's my look on this...

I found out recently, through thorough reading, that the term twin flame does not mean your soul is in any way damaged or amputated in two halves.

You are, and always will be, one complete soul.

However, the term twin flame simply means your direct opposite. The idea of yin and yang basically, that having a twin flame means you balance out that section of the universe. By having a direct opposite, you create that balance. And since the universe is about balance- good and evil, light and dark, that is how it works. However, preconceived notions about opposites being good and evil do not exist, it simply means someone who is completely different from you- so for instance, you are quiet, they are outgoing. But imagine it this way, as it is difficult to explain in our language because we tack on meanings and think too deeply about the preconceived ideas of what opposites are- it's just something that is purely an opposite, without any negative or positive attachments to it.

It does not indicate someone, or the only person you are to be with your whole life. You can live a whole life without your twin flame. A twin flame simply means the other you rotate around. You may never meet them or you may have a very strange relationship with them that isn't even romantic. Either way, you feel connected to them, and it's your contribution to the universe to balance out their existence as you do to theirs.

That's how I feel about it...I'd be happy to explain further if you want, but I'm feeling a bit dizzy tonight so excuse me if I don't make very much sense!

I think if you substitute the word "opposite" with "counterpart" you got something here. Opposite implies contrasting duality and I'm not sure that's the right term to use in this case.

I was never one with words, counterpart works better, thanks for the term! Yep, that's pretty much how I look at it- whether your twin flame exists in the same lifetime as you or the spirit world, they're just there for balance. And if you look into it a bit more and read up on twin flame encounters, the feelings they have aren't necessarily romantic ones, it's a different type of love and familiarity- hardly ever described as romantic actually...

Guest Dot
I found out recently, through thorough reading, that the term twin flame does not mean your soul is in any way damaged or amputated in two halves.

You are, and always will be, one complete soul.

However, the term twin flame simply means your direct opposite. The idea of yin and yang basically, that having a twin flame means you balance out that section of the universe. By having a direct opposite, you create that balance. And since the universe is about balance- good and evil, light and dark, that is how it works. However, preconceived notions about opposites being good and evil do not exist, it simply means someone who is completely different from you- so for instance, you are quiet, they are outgoing. But imagine it this way, as it is difficult to explain in our language because we tack on meanings and think too deeply about the preconceived ideas of what opposites are- it's just something that is purely an opposite, without any negative or positive attachments to it.

It does not indicate someone, or the only person you are to be with your whole life. You can live a whole life without your twin flame. A twin flame simply means the other you rotate around. You may never meet them or you may have a very strange relationship with them that isn't even romantic. Either way, you feel connected to them, and it's your contribution to the universe to balance out their existence as you do to theirs.

Yes, of course! This is what I have been trying to say but it didn't come out right. And of course, counter-part is a good word too. -Laughs.- Sometimes I'm just not very good at explaining things... But that is how I view the twin flame. I mean, it's not about ... Oh hell! :lol:

Yeah! I was searching a long time for a way to explain it because a lot of the things I heard about how it was half a soul didn't make much sense, but that's what the concept has been dwindled down to in order to be explained in one sentence. It takes a few sentences to explain the real meaning of twin flame, and the mechanics of it- it must have been easier somewhere down the line to just go "Other half of your soul". And the idea seems romantic, so people must have adapted to that quickly.

I also don't think we need to have our twin flame to move on to another life. We could meet them off and on. I hear many near death experiences where people realize there's someone who they've never met, and someone who they weren't supposed to meet in their current life time exists somewhere else in another country, and they really wanted to be with them again (But they went back in their body). Apparently, one person said they remembered what they told the person- they would be together in their next life, and they had spent three or four lives away from each other. So maybe at some point we're like, "HEY. I WANT TO BE WITH YOU THIS LIFE." and finally you go back together to experience what you need to with that sort of love, which is different from romantic love. And maybe it's beneficial to have one lifetime where we deny that love, so we know what it feels like to be without it, that it is possible but it's something that may or may not be missed depending on our choices.

I also believe we switch off with some souls regarding roles to play in our lifetimes, it's just something I always thought would be interesting and beneficial to both parties. What if your twin flame was your parent? What if they were your twin? Sibling? Best friend? Teacher? The different type of interactions would make us realize that the twin flame love is different from other types of love, because it's a direct counterpart of us, no matter how many different names it goes by or how many different roles it plays in our lifetimes. For instance, we feel different love/compassion for our parents, our lovers, our siblings and our enemies. What happens if all those types of love clash together? By having a counterpart that exists in our lifetimes, and in some lifetimes, not, then it creates that constant presence that evens everything out and continues expanding our knowledge on how interactions evolve. Some souls may flippantly pass in and out of our lives, we constantly meet new souls- but having that one, exactly as old as us, knowing exactly what we need to work on and what we've had happen before, would be enlightening.

That's just how I see it. I understand a lot of people don't like the twin flame concept or don't find it as enlightening...It's really all a matter of opinion and belief. Hope that was a fun read at least!