Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chiilendrina

What's It like

a reading?

a meditation?

a visualization?

"receive" information?

I'm curious as to how your mind works. :) Hey maybe it'll help the rookies and give some of us 'old pros' new ideas :D

a reading?

a meditation?

a visualization?

"receive" information?

I'm curious as to how your mind works. :) Hey maybe it'll help the rookies and give some of us 'old pros' new ideas :D

Great idea Chiili... :)

A reading

Most of my readings are email now so I simply sit at the computer and start typing. Very soon after I begin there's like a 'rush' of energy: I might see pictures, hear voices or sounds, feel an emotion or just somehow 'know' something. I give what I get. Sometimes I will elaborate on a point.

Meditation

I lie on the sofa or the bed in a dim room and focus on my breathing while relaxing my body beginning at the toes and continuing till I reach the forehead. Rather than trying for an empty mind I simply allow what comes up to do so. I try to look at these things with a clear perspective.

If I want to heal or work through something I do that with visualisation and/or prayers.

The best part is when I become unaware of my body and feel like a 'disembodied' mind! Sometimes white or coloured light or visions will appear.

Visualisation

I do this in my daily life or in meditation. It's like painting a picture or directing a movie. I 'see' what I want to manifest.

Receiving information

I take messages however the Universe sends them: in books, from snippets of overheard conversation or TV shows; feelings or awareness that is hard to explain; song lyrics or films can also contain messages, as well as what people actually say to me.

What about others? I'd like to hear about your experiences. :angel:

a reading?

a meditation?

a visualization?

"receive" information?

Good idea, Chilli! I'm going to answer, even though I think my answers are a bit dull... this is the first thing I've seen on the boards in a while that I felt I had anything to say about, so I'm saying it -- dull or not! :D Anyway...

Readings.... I don't really do readings, I don't think.

Meditation... if I set out to meditate, it doesn't go well, because I'm too worried about doing it "right." However, I will often find during the course of the day that I've reached the "meditative state" I was after in the first place simply because I got into what I was doing (or not doing) and *stopped thinking*. It's a nice state to be in. The only problem I have with my "method" (ha!) is that once I realize where my mind is, it isn't! But, given how well it goes when I try, I'll take what I can get!

Visualization... umm... I usually fall asleep if I try this. I guess I should point out for anyone who hasn't seen me talk about it before that I homeschool three kids, am getting ready to make a big move next year, and tend to stay up too late reading. Fatigue is a pretty-constant state. :)

"Receiving" information.... this is my whole reason for answering. :) I'm beginning to suspect that I've been receiving a lot of information that I've been unaware of because I don't pay attention to symbolism and things like that. But when I do want to know something, I just ask. I've always thought of it as prayer, until I was taught in church long ago that prayer isn't supposed to be literally answered, like as in a conversation. So, now I don't know what to call it, but it's just like imagining a conversation except that I don't know the other part of the conversation until it comes... which is often before I'm even done thinking through the words of my own part. Quite often little "mini-movies" will play out as well, but those are harder for me to deal with because they seem more ambiguous. I'm just better with words, I guess.

It's interesting to me to be answering this now because it's just been in the past couple of days that I've really been considering all the possibilities as far as ways I could be receiving information -- unbidden -- if I was paying closer attention. I wonder if I can remember to come find this thread in a few months, and see how my answer has changed. :)

~ Zan

Meditation

Usually I decide what type of meditation I want to do and then sit down tp do it. Sometimes my plans are hijacked by my Guides or by the receipt of relevant past-life information, I tend to "go with the flow" so I don't mind it. I could go into greater detail about meditation but it would require writing a novella. I am happy to provide shorter, more bite-sized bits of information as questions are asked or if it seems relevant to the discussion.

Visualisation

I trained many years ago by what is probably considered now to be old methods in visualisation. I had to reproduce an object such as an apple, pen, book cover, photograph, etc in my mind. I held the object in my hand, we were allowed peeks as needed, in my hand and practised until it was perfect in my mind. As all objects are multi-sensory we were required to reproduce a full sensory experience. For example, an apple involves vision, small, taste, touch and even hearing as you imagine biting into it.

This most excellent training laid a very sound foundation as I moved forward in exploration and quest for knowledge.

Receive Information

I find that by remaining alert, "in the now" and honouring my intuitive sense, I am usually aware when I need to pay particular attention to incoming thoughts.

I am adding a new one... he he

Healing

Like meditation this is a huge subject for me and I could go on-and-on. But briefly I'll say there are many opportunities presented each day. Sometimes it is one-on-one, sometimes groups and very often the planet/world. Healing typically involves receiving information or "seeing" also.

A special form of healing work is that of the Psychopomp. Psychopomps are beings working from either side to help those who have passed on crossover. I engage in psychopomp work when called upon and find it most satisfying.

Meditation... if I set out to meditate, it doesn't go well, because I'm too worried about doing it "right." However, I will often find during the course of the day that I've reached the "meditative state" I was after in the first place simply because I got into what I was doing (or not doing) and *stopped thinking*. It's a nice state to be in. The only problem I have with my "method" (ha!) is that once I realize where my mind is, it isn't! But, given how well it goes when I try, I'll take what I can get!

You bring up an excellent point here.

I often fall into a meditative state whilst driving and I think it has made me a better, more intuitive driver. My Guides will often find it convenient (and much easier!) to capture my attention whilst I drive.

This also happens on long walks in nature.

However, I'm not driving or walking with three wee ones so you'll have to be creative and find ways that work with your current lifestyle.

Guest Dot

Erm....

A Reading

I haven't really done a real reading before (wait, what defines a real reading, anyway?) but when I do it I play off my strengths, because that's how you play the game. Though, sometimes I branch out and try something I'm not good at to get better at it, because that's also how you play the game. I don't really know what to say; I'm not sure anything I've done constitutes a reading. If a reading is to simply "read" something about somebody then sure, I can do that. Everybody can do that. But a pure, 100% psychic reading working off things like Career, Love, Finance, Family, Friends, Love? No way! I have yet to try that. :D

A Meditation

I just go where energy flows. Hah. Actually, it depends what kind of meditation. If I'm doing my own, I feel around for something I want to work on, and then once I've determined that I start visualizing or I start focusing on something different to what I want to work on, and eventually it moves in that direction, smoothly. Doing something different (kind of like being lazy) helps you relax so you can work on the more important things! This is usually when I want to "get" information, though. There are really many different types of meditation, for working on different skills. Are they classified as working on that particular skill, or meditating? Or both?

A Visualization

I normally do this lying down at home but sometimes in class (or ordinary life) I get bored and start daydreaming. That's visualizing!

Receive Information

Same with the meditation. Normally I get information when my mind isn't particularly active. Like in dreams, or... a meditative state, where your mind wanders. Or even when you're just daydreaming, or when you're just hanging around, not particularly interested or focused on anything and you get an idea. That's receiving information... isn't it? Of course, it's another matter if the information is correct or not - but usually when you say "receiving information" it's normally true, isn't it? You can tell when it's not, usually.

I do things my way. But generally, all these things tie together somehow. It depends if you have specifics for what each means, which I don't think I do, so it's why I'm a bit vague and silly about my answer. :rolleyes:

Coolness :D I love this, it's been so illuminating ^_^

Well my turn is long overdue so excuse any long-windedness

A Reading

I usually begin by sitting and having a pen a paper ready. I find that somehow that grounds me so don't day dream and get off track because I'm recording it physically while letting my mind go where it needs to. It kinda lets me dip between two worlds. Then I start with a meditation that involves clearing and grounding. Once I am ready I got to specific place where I can 'study' the questions on hand. If I'm doing a reading on a person I usually start with a big blank screen kinda like a large projector screen but then as the reading progresses it turns into like a stage because it has depth that I or my guides can walk around in. The stage is completely white. I usually ask the person who I am reading to come forward and present themselves and I look for lil things, the way they look, their behavior or posture to let me know I've got the right person. So although I may not admit to the guild what the person looks like I do admit it to the person in private if I get the chance. I usually start of with a reading off their Aura as they either sit or stand in front of me and I draw/write out the colors I see. Plus I use this opportunity to help orient myself (which side is left or right. most things are mirror image or like 'stage left/stage right").

From here I've memorized their concerns (although I have the tendency to forget something :rolleyes:) and I essentially ask the person to assist me in their reading. It's a, "Help me Help you" type of situation. I use various 'tools' to help me with the reading from clear hollow roses that fill with a color, to televisions that are tuned to the right channel. Sometimes I just get an image. Meanwhile my hand is just jotting things down.

I end a reading with a message from the person's higher self (everyone's is different) if this was a personal reading and not a situational reading. I feel that if I can pass a message I am glad and willing to do so. When I'm about to exit I cut any cords and return them to the readee with roses and them into a door of white light.

When I write it up though I try to figure out some of the stuff, images that I didn't understand, etc. Sometimes something comes up during the day that explains stuff. Hence the reason I don't do readings often, they're rather time consuming *shrugs* but I still love doing em for the experience. Love it more if i get feedback cuz then I would know if I've had a hit or miss.

If I'm reading someone for a health related issue I either scan their body (kinda looks like a sonar, where a white line move up and down and I wait till i see a "blip" on the screen) or I do something which sounds really weird but has been Super helpful. I put their head on... That's right, I take off their head and wear it LOL. From there I just feel for certain sensations in my body and make a note of it.

If I am reading an object that has some uncertainty I usually place it in a light box, that looks like a plexi-glass case that is similar to a Hazmat box. And by this point I send in my guides to 'handle' it. They're so brave I love them =)

A Meditation

I usually do this while sitting or laying down right before bed. I use an old method that was taught to me when I took the Silva Method. Essentially it's just a count down with an affirmation. However, I see these numbers on a 'Mental Screen' (which lead me to other useful practices). Once I reached the final number I am in a place that I feel safe, relaxed and at peace. I've had maybe 3 places that I use, some more than others. They have space and dimension as I can walk from one place to another. This is where my guides meet me. Somehow having someone I trust to meet me there eases me. My husband used to be the first person I saw (not that I don't trust him but he would usually just be there to say hey and continue reading his book lol). From here I walk to a place where I can go deeper and allow myself to ground, cut cords, cleanse and regain my energy. I love my space! I get to float in a pool of wonderful silken white light and there's a waterfall that reaches way up to the heavens. My guides sometimes like to float around in the pool too or sit poolside and kick their feet :D

A Visualization

I'm sure you noticed by now that a lot of what I do is visual, Lol, I play with my strengths too. That's just how I roll :lol: I like visualization techniques. From going to places, examining people and objects, feeling new sensations and healing to numbing painful body parts and ridding myself of headaches. I've even 'projected' to a space in my home to get my 1 cat who cries at the door to stop crying. =D

(Please check out "Visualizations - Quickies" and please add if you know any. I promise to add more :) )

One I personally like and use as often as I can is to 'program' for a specific outcome. Essentially visualize what I don't want to happen and then I replace it with what I do want to happen and during each meditation I reinforce what I do want and NEVER go back to what i don't want. (That idea is long gone, tossed out, in the shredder, DELETEd). I play it over and over again until it is accomplished. The more senses you can involve the better. More often than not whatever I have programed occurs... come to think of it I don't really remember a "Not." Oh no that's a lie, I remember 1 that didn't workout :rolleyes: but that was my own fault, the Universe can't just "make things happen" if i don't put in my part. Like say I don't know.. Studying and doing my homework! LOL They're not meant to be miracles if it is in your control LOL that was so twitiful of me, but hey i was still learning the ropes =D

Receiving Information

Hmm... This one is tricky just because I normally receive information in my readings where I've mentally and spiritually prepared myself to do a task. However, I have on many occasions worked on letting information 'come' to me (the people on this site can be quite inspirational =D ). When I receive information in those instances it is still usually visual. For example I made up some Zener Cards that I use with a friend of mine and if we're doing colors I look around the room and see which colors stand out more than others.

On occasion I get sounds usually in the form of a song. More often than not I get the "that reminds me of..." situation where I have a memory that "pops up" but I feel that it's relevant to the situation (This in particular works great with Tarot Readings). When I've done 'quickies' without the full preparation I get flashes of images and sometimes, like GypsyMama, I get mini movies. Like the director would focus on a specific shot or action to project to the viewer what is going on. When I'm working on a goal I just keep my senses Open. I Look, Listen, Feel and somehow you just know it's right cuz it 'clicks.'

The fun ones are the predictions. ^_^ So cool! Like they really are like mini movies cuz they probably take up no more than 5 to 10 seconds tops unless I'm trying to figure out space but then it's like 'astral projection' or whatever (although I've never felt that I've had an OBE like most instances I know where my body is, i may not feel it but i know I'm still with it). But the cool thing about predictions is that you let it reveal itself to you. Like with the Zener Cards, if someone is flipping the cards or sliding them up and behind visualize that part and let it reveal itself. If you know where to start you just let it 'play.'

Healing

Thanks for Adding this Lady =D Well, I usually take people who need healing to my special place if its urgent and if I know them. There's a lot of positivity there and Zero distractions which allow for a deeper connection to God's light. For emotional healing I use my angel guide. She's wonderfully comforting as she wraps her wings around them.

One thing I found though is that if someone requests healing for someone else and that person is not aware of it they won't accept it from me. Like seriously they look at me like "who are you, what's this 'nonsense, Uh No.' Flowers get tossed and they look at you with their arms crossed waiting for an answer. <_ not fun man fun. so what i do is that when people request healing for someone and if they aware of the give ball energy to requester. only have say love you or them a hug in order transfer healing. it kinda like bumped up would naturally. since accepting know given.>

Lady, I would love to learn more about Psychopomps =D Can you PM me a link?

Um, and that's it. :D ya sorry it's long.

Guest Dot

Wow, no, don't apologize Chiili. Thanks for making it detailed, that was pretty cool. I found it funny that you take somebody's head off and wear it, the idea makes me laugh. I can picture a sort of head like those bobble-head dogs, how their head is dully attached. :P

LOL :lol: definitely a bit more firmly attached ha ha ha. Dot I love your brain your visuals are awesome so many are movie/pop culture related which is too cool for school :D I totally 'get it' every time you say something, let me just not start imagining peoples head dangling on my neck though :lol:

Guest Dot

Thanks Chiili, your post totally made me grin. Like really big.

Behold_the_Big_Grin___PRINT_by_megawackymax.jpg

Merci beaucoup! (Thank you very much!) :P :D :dance:

Guest Angel C

A Reading - I usually just start typing, and it all starts to flow, even if I use cards. When I read auras its the easiest, and what I tend to do now, as its easier, flows best, gives that deeper connection.

A Meditation - I do all kinds of meditations. I use crystals and colours, sometimes I just still my mind, but love to surround myself in colour, or sit up or lie down, wrapped in a blanket (like a baby) to nurture my inner child. I usually have relaxing music on, and often place crystals on my chakras.

Vizualization - I normally just close my eyes and see what comes to me. Although I often vizualize white light, or Angels, colours etc.

Healing - I do this several ways, Im learning Reiki 2 now though, so will be able to send this by distance. When I do distance healings normally, I send Angels, white light, colours, may surround someone in a crystal perhaps, but most of all I send love and positive vibes. Any communication can be healing though, sometimes just that someone cares enough to listen to reply or to try is healing enough imo. :wub:

Guest Dot
Healing - I do this several ways, Im learning Reiki 2 now though, so will be able to send this by distance. When I do distance healings normally, I send Angels, white light, colours, may surround someone in a crystal perhaps, but most of all I send love and positive vibes. Any communication can be healing though, sometimes just that someone cares enough to listen to reply or to try is healing enough imo. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Do you have any oracle cards? I didn't learn this until Reiki Master (or 3, whatever floats your boat) but you can call upon the archetypes in the cards, or simply the images in the cards - just, the cards, to help with a healing. The layout I usually do is...

ooh, dang, what was it?

ISSUE SOLUTION NOW FUTURE

Four cards with each of these from one deck, then if you have another you can use that with the same layout - or you can make your own layout! Anything goes really but once you activate the cards if you put your hand over it like you're physically scanning somebody's aura (running your hand a bit of a distance above their body) then you can feel the energy shooting off them. It's really cool.

Tarot cards are definitely not recommended for healing because they have a crazy energy which can mess with somebody's energy rather than fixing it. You know how the cards are negative? The oracle cards are normally lighter because their meanings are positive and encouraging - much, MUCH better for healing than tarot. Tarot isn't a good idea. You can also use a crystal and ask the cards to work with it, or vice versa.

And I like the last bit you mentioned. I'm not sure if your teacher was going to teach you that little trick, but it can make a normal distance healing that much more awesome and amazing. :P Now, I'm not your Reiki teacher, but I just wanted to add a little thing I learned. It's pretty cool. Have fun with the rest of your training; Reiki is an amazing skill to have. :D But I'm bias, eheheheheh. ;)

Guest Angel C
Do you have any oracle cards? I didn't learn this until Reiki Master (or 3, whatever floats your boat) but you can call upon the archetypes in the cards, or simply the images in the cards - just, the cards, to help with a healing. The layout I usually do is...

ooh, dang, what was it?

ISSUE SOLUTION NOW FUTURE

Four cards with each of these from one deck, then if you have another you can use that with the same layout - or you can make your own layout! Anything goes really but once you activate the cards if you put your hand over it like you're physically scanning somebody's aura (running your hand a bit of a distance above their body) then you can feel the energy shooting off them. It's really cool.

Tarot cards are definitely not recommended for healing because they have a crazy energy which can mess with somebody's energy rather than fixing it. You know how the cards are negative? The oracle cards are normally lighter because their meanings are positive and encouraging - much, MUCH better for healing than tarot. Tarot isn't a good idea. You can also use a crystal and ask the cards to work with it, or vice versa.

And I like the last bit you mentioned. I'm not sure if your teacher was going to teach you that little trick, but it can make a normal distance healing that much more awesome and amazing. :P Now, I'm not your Reiki teacher, but I just wanted to add a little thing I learned. It's pretty cool. Have fun with the rest of your training; Reiki is an amazing skill to have. :D But I'm bias, eheheheheh. ;)

Wow its a little bit funny that you shared that with me. I had to do a distance healing last night for my evidence, and didnt like the way it was suggested I should do it. I tried something else that worked. The strange thing is, I got a picture in my head which I connected to you about 5 minutes ago, I tried to post to you, but couldnt because of the delay after you've sent a message. I'll try again.

I have archangel Oracle Cards and Ascended Masters, I think either would do the trick!!! Thanks for the tip.

I used to read tarot and found it sometimes drained me, whereas the oracle cards uplift me. I think it is to do with mixing of energies, what you are saying makes so much sense....

Guest Angel C

Oh I missed one

Receiving information: Other than during all of the above, readings, meditation, healing the most informative and memorable information I receive is in hypnagogic state. Usually as I am waking up or coming out of a deep meditation, that state between sleep and awake. This is said to be a state where great minds have attributed inspiration to. Sometimes I can make it last a bit longer, like kind of a trance like state, but havent practiced this too much. The information I receive in this state often feels like it is coming from a much higher dimension. I feel blessed when I receive information in this way. The information is usually to do with spirituality and sometimes to do with me, not usually to do with other people.

I am loving this Thread! Ya'll made an interesting suggestion! I never thought to use a tool outside of crystals for healing. I completely see how there would be a difference between tarot cards and oracle cards. But here's a question: What if you pick the cards yourself as opposed to letting it happen by chance? Like say for example someone whose very straight and narrow and unadventurous qualities have caused them to stagnate and not move forward. But if they could embody some qualities of the Fool or the flirtatious nature of the Page of Cups they may be able to find a happy middle. Do you think that can work??

Guest Dot
What if you pick the cards yourself as opposed to letting it happen by chance? Like say for example someone whose very straight and narrow and unadventurous qualities have caused them to stagnate and not move forward. But if they could embody some qualities of the Fool or the flirtatious nature of the Page of Cups they may be able to find a happy middle. Do you think that can work??

It might but it would seem a little dodgy anyway; because the tarot, regardless of whether the meaning is read as good or bad, the card itself is still has mixed energy. But that's just my impression... there are oracle cards which focus on particular qualities like that in a positive way, though. =/

a reading?

I have not given a reading in a while,but basically I see pictures/ flashes,hear sounds like a cash machine,or water droplets. I can see items like paper money from other countries,and sort of a future glimpses. It is really the person who affects the visions. Rarely I will get like a feeling of pain somewhere if the person I read for is hurt. So it's mostly pictures,like those little toy camera keychains that you push a button and it flicks to another picture and you close one eye and look inside. That's the best way to explain it. :) i do not read from cards,instead I recieve a vision of a tarot card. I myself am not comfortable working with them, I have picture cards where they are 'The breath card' 'The water card' these kind,I picked up at an insence shop.

a meditation?

I don't meditate often. When I do, I like to be completely relaxed,and sit outside. Then I draw the items I'm given,and write the words I hear.

a visualization?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean vision,these are like a movie screen like the old in "4,3,2,1" and now our feature presentation type thing. They occur at any time in any place.

"receive" information?

Most of the important messages come through my dreams. The second sight also plays a part where i will see little doodles around people. Recently saw some screws around someone...'uh oh' enough said. My guides will speak to me and usually it is something like 'Turn around,don't go in there' or 'Do not get involved with that person.' Its like that,mostly it's in dreams. Then sometimes I see a red or black dot on an object or a person,then find out that there is something wrong with that object,like the brake lights for instance.

This was such an interesting post to read. I have learned alot of new terms since coming here in January. Terms for things I was already naturally doing but just didn't have a name for them. Only recently have I wanted to learn how to "control" and better understand what these "abilities" were called, or what they meant, or how to develop them further, but only because they seemed to be developing by themselves. So, I'll try to answer these questions too, but I'm sure they won't sound as structured or mature as all of you have described them so nicely. Be gentle! :)

A Reading: Well, I have never intentionally tried to really read anyone. However, recently on this board, I did intentionally try to connect with someone and did read her desire related to a personal situation with a very clear image and feeling. Normally, any information I get comes to me randomly, anywhere and anytime, because of some connection I have with that person. Now though it seems I also connect, without intent though, to just about anyone. Also until recently, information in the form of images or phrases, would only come to me when that person was in distress, which has also changed. For example, I am, and have always been, closest to my sister. Recently I got a picture of what she was seeing, as she was seeing it while we were on the phone. So I told her what she was seeing, before she could tell me. That was a first, and pretty cool I have to admit. Sometime, I would like to try a reading though and see how it goes.

Meditation:I guess I could say that I meditate in prayer. I empty my mind of all my own thoughts and picture a blank slate, then just kind of get into the "zone." When that space is completely quiet, then I might just rest in that peace, or talk to God, or sometimes I just listen to see what I hear, if there's any advice for me.

Visualization:The only visualization I've ever done, is as above. Just the "blank slate" to clear my mind so I can really listen outside myself. I'm not a very visual person, not the best imagination I guess you could say, so the blank slate is probably about my limit. :lol:

Receiving Information:Like I said, it's pretty much feelings, images, or phrases I hear. Whenever I "hear", feel or "see" something repeatedly, then I know it's something I'm suppose to pay attention to. I don't look for answers, I feel like that would often be misleading, like I was influencing it. I've found that if it's meant for me, I will receive it. Otherwise, it feels like a guessing game to me.

(edit) Also, I've noticed that if I see someones face or a name the moment I wake up, that it's especially urgent and always something to do with their health or wellbeing. I always contact those people the minute my feet hit the floor because twice now it's meant death. This happened this morning..hence the reminder and the edit.

I've actually found while writing this that it's kind of been hard to put into words things that have just been a natural part of my life. Things I've never had a name for and that I've always just seen as God's way of using me to help others. Which until recently, has always been the end result of any of the things that I've received. It's always been either that they needed physical help, or comfort, or prayer. Although, I have no idea how me seeing or getting visits from spirits that have already passed helps anyone, they just come to visit once in awhile and I've been okay with that. But that's a whole other story. This has been a good thing for me to actually sit and think about these things. I am so grateful to have found this place and have the opportunity to read the stories and experiences of others. I am also very grateful to have received some very kind, wise and patient counsel from a few who have been willing to share it. Thank you! :wub:

Awarness is an amazing thing there are so many things to be aware of; there are many messages that are sent each day that are just not noticed. Just being able to pick one or two is such a great thing and a jump in awarness that I am okay with just reviewing and understanding the one or two that I was capable of understanding.