Universal Psychic Guild Forum
GypsyMama

Still Seeing Sparks

Over the past few months, there have been a few conversation about visual phenomena, including seeing sparks or small flashes of light. These are something that have been part of my experience only for the past two months or so. On occasion -- usually several times a day -- I will see a flash of light, like what you would expect from a small firefly, but in various colors.

Anyway, I saw an eye doctor yesterday who said that my eyes are fine. When I asked about the "sparks", he said that would be a sign of a detached retina, which I don't have. He told me it is something normal for me, but to come see him if I see an increase in the number of them, so he could check the retina again. I didn't bother telling him this IS increased activity.

So, in all the discussions I'd read here before, I never really did get the idea that anyone felt they knew what the sparks represented, if anything (or I missed or forgot it, which is more likely). Has anyone learned anything more? I haven't been able to turn up anything helpful in my brief search of Google.

~ Zan

Guest Angel C

Good for you for asking the eye Doctor, you are braver than me. I did mention them to my Doctor once (although skirted around them), I was diagnozed with Migraine, although I was there complaining of headaches.

Physically they could be several things, spending too much time on the computer perhaps (although when I first got them I was not doing that), is your tv too bright. Do you stare at the light without realizing it. I'm not sure what they are, but I like to think they are how I see the orbs in my house with the naked eye, which were caught on camera. Perhaps you are opening up to be able to read auras. What colour orbs to you see Zan?

This has started to happen to me, but only in the past couple of weeks though. It seems to be only when Im talking to people. It doesnt happend to everyone I talk to but I have noticed it . Its like a see a small flash of light next to the person or behind them. I would describe it was the size of a star as you would see if you were looking up at the sky. It only flashes for a split second and sometimes happens more than once.

Paulos, that's a perfect description -- first one I've seen that matched my experience so well. Except that mine don't have any pattern as to when they appear. They show up inside, outside, alone, with people, whenever. I can't recall now, though, if I've seen them away from home.

AngelC, it's hard to tell the colors for sure, because they are so small and so quick. But I think I've seen pink, orange, green, blue, and yellow. And of course white. The colors are always pastel, or very light.

I think I've seen auras before, but am not sure. Sometimes when I look just right at a person or object, I can see what looks like white shimmers that go out for about 2-3 inches beyond the person, all around. It's funny, as I'm writing this, I looked at the girls playing to see if I could see anything. I don't, really, but it's like... hmm... like instead of white shimmers, it's as if the 2-3 inches immediately around their bodies is just ever so slightly distorted. Like I can see where the aura (or whatever I see) would be, but I can't see the aura itself. Like a placeholder! lol!

If I can ever remember to do it when it's quiet and I can "hear", I could just "ask" what they are, I guess. But that's not as useful until I get the whole thing straightened out as to whether to trust that I'm "hearing" vs. imagining. I can try and pay attention to when they happen, though. See if there's a pattern.

Meanwhile, I'd still be interested if anyone feels they know what the sparks are. :)

~ Zan

Some say sparks are Faeries, other Angels which I suppose makes sense since Faeries and Angels have similar characteristics.

Since you've had your eyes checked, I would start with assuming it is some sort of spirit activity and go from there by testing different theories.

Your wee ones might might enjoy creating a Faery Garden and it would serve as a test for you if you manage to observe increased activity around your garden. Mostly though, it's a fun learning activity for those littles that don't mind getting dirty.

A list of plants rumoured to attract faeries may be found at sacredgrovedotcom.

The only reason people dont understand others points, is because the dont know how to relate to others idealz.

I believe that you all have a point there, I can relate to what each person is saying.

Because for one I think the sparks are related to electricity, I see a lot of them after playing guitar especially electric guitar.

And second we as humans have no real idea what electricity is; ohh yeah we can create it but you can ask what it is and some one will give you a name and you will ask what the name means and they will give you another name and you can do this until they get down to a particle that no one has a explanation for.

There fore no one truly knows what it is.

In the end most things come from a unknown mythical or spiritual ideal.

Guest Angel C

I often wonder if its to do with electricity too. I saw a neon blue spark on the end of my finger a week or so ago, this wasnt long after I did a healing session, and what was different is it stayed for a while, instead of just being a fleeting image as they usually are. I'm not a scientist, but I wonder if there are different kinds of electricity. That probably sounds stupid, but maybe there are some kinds that havent been explored enough yet.

Now I'm thinking about the different layers in the aura and how they relate to this.

I often wonder if its to do with electricity too. I saw a neon blue spark on the end of my finger a week or so ago, this wasnt long after I did a healing session, and what was different is it stayed for a while, instead of just being a fleeting image as they usually are. I'm not a scientist, but I wonder if there are different kinds of electricity. That probably sounds stupid, but maybe there are some kinds that havent been explored enough yet.

Now I'm thinking about the different layers in the aura and how they relate to this.

Good pointz

Our nervous system runs on a type of electrical spark just as the entire body.

And you know what... that electrical energy was here well before any one discovered electricity. Therefore different types of electricity probably exist that has never been discovered.

Many techniques for using it and possibly living electrical entities. Think of ball lighting

Some ghost hunters apparently report better results when there has been electrical activity in the area, like a thunderstorm. They've tried doing things like using an ionic generator to charge the local atmosphere, which can also give increased results. I'm thinking "more energy around means clearer manifestation": these things are already present, they just aren't as visible.

As for sparks when doing something creative, I've noticed that the energy around some people actually does sparkle when they're doing something that makes them feel free. And faeries are attracted to creative, joyful energies.

Moving on to that "blue flame" on the fingertip? Yes, that can be an aftereffect of projecting energy, particularly higher-quality energies.

Guest Angel C
Moving on to that "blue flame" on the fingertip? Yes, that can be an aftereffect of projecting energy, particularly higher-quality energies

Thank you Zeeth, and welcome to the forum.

That is very good to know, as that is exactly what I was trying to do. Where can I find more information about this?

You'll probably want to look up more on aura reading, and use that information to observe healing energies.

A lot of my experience and insight is related to cross-training various areas of knowledge, and this is an important one, using one's ability to see energy to give insight into all the energies you meet. So even when you aren't looking that closely/deeply, you'll have that knowledge stored away to connect with when you encounter something/someone that seems related.

You'll probably want to look up more on aura reading, and use that information to observe healing energies.

A lot of my experience and insight is related to cross-training various areas of knowledge, and this is an important one, using one's ability to see energy to give insight into all the energies you meet. So even when you aren't looking that closely/deeply, you'll have that knowledge stored away to connect with when you encounter something/someone that seems related.

That's something I hadn't realised, Zeeth... thanks for the insight. :)

Glad to help, Victoria. I'd also recommend meditation of whatever type fits best; my own practice started with closed eyes and a few quick breaths in the middle of breakfast rush at a fast food restaurant, and has gone -- on its own -- from there into deepest transcendental over the course of about fifteen years. I have found that meditation leads over time to a more efficient use of one's personal energies when performing energy work or using various psychic abilities; the quieted mind can listen and observe better, which really helps when (for example) a spirit you need to speak with is very weak or distant.

I actually have a pamphlet on basic meditation which I could share as a post, if you like.

Glad to help, Victoria. I'd also recommend meditation of whatever type fits best; my own practice started with closed eyes and a few quick breaths in the middle of breakfast rush at a fast food restaurant, and has gone -- on its own -- from there into deepest transcendental over the course of about fifteen years. I have found that meditation leads over time to a more efficient use of one's personal energies when performing energy work or using various psychic abilities; the quieted mind can listen and observe better, which really helps when (for example) a spirit you need to speak with is very weak or distant.

I actually have a pamphlet on basic meditation which I could share as a post, if you like.

I love the way your meditation started! B)

Mine began from a course in self-relaxation I took because I was way too stressed and obsessed. :P :o

That would be excellent, Zeeth :)

What if we start a new board for meditation. Do you think that would be useful? Then yours could be the first post!

That would be lovely, Victoria. How about instead of just meditation, it could be on Meditation and Vision Work? I know a number of shamanic and neo-shamanic practitioners who do a lot of trance and vision work, and meditation can form a good basis for both that and other practices.

Then again, perhaps I don't know how much more there might be to learn about meditation on its own. ;)

That would be lovely, Victoria. How about instead of just meditation, it could be on Meditation and Vision Work? I know a number of shamanic and neo-shamanic practitioners who do a lot of trance and vision work, and meditation can form a good basis for both that and other practices.

Then again, perhaps I don't know how much more there might be to learn about meditation on its own. ;)

How about a forum named Meditation with some sub-forums including one for Vision Work? :angel:

Yes they are physiological. They are a clinical sign of a detached retina but that is the end sequelae of many other processes. The sparks mean your retina is involved, and probably your vitreous humour involved also - normal parts of the aging process however with some people it does progress to detachment which is an !!!EMERGENCY!!! so monitor for changes as ordered by your physician and report them promptly. xo

This has started to happen to me, but only in the past couple of weeks though. It seems to be only when Im talking to people. It doesnt happend to everyone I talk to but I have noticed it . Its like a see a small flash of light next to the person or behind them. I would describe it was the size of a star as you would see if you were looking up at the sky. It only flashes for a split second and sometimes happens more than once.

please see your eye doctor. thanks. xo

paulos are you still here. please see my post and update.x

Im not sure if what i see are the same as what you all are describing, but ever since i was young i have seen them. I try and describe what i see as tiny little shiny sparks of light that dash and dart around everywhere, i feel really good when i see them, they make me smile. Like shiny sparkling stars, I see them everywhere, Maily outside in nature, or in natural light, i see them darting around people, they can be quite distracting at times, because i tend to look at them when talking to people. They must think i'm crazy. They are like happy little fireflys dancing around. i believe that they are natures little spirits, sending love and energy to everything....That just my believe, so i'm not quite sure....And the funning thing is i've always doodled stars....maybe because i've always seen them and they are a part of my world...

Guest Ambthepro

While I was taking a bath today, I saw exactly what you are describing!! It looked like dancing little fire flies!! I know for sure it wasn't dizzy spots because that happens to me allll the time and I can tell the difference. This was different! They weren't little spots, they were bigger and longer.. almost looked like shooting stars. It felt very comforting. I have a star tattoo on my neck hehe

While I was taking a bath today, I saw exactly what you are describing!! It looked like dancing little fire flies!! I know for sure it wasn't dizzy spots because that happens to me allll the time and I can tell the difference. This was different! They weren't little spots, they were bigger and longer.. almost looked like shooting stars. It felt very comforting. I have a star tattoo on my neck hehe

They are pretty cool hey!!!Makes you believe in magic, because its like they are shining, glittering stars of magic.....

it may be your guide letting u know he is there.

thats how mine does .

I see bluish purple spark

just a thought

CC

I see those sparks all of the time especially when I am reading a book or research material. Like someone (my higher self or a guide) is trying to have me take note of a particular part of what I am reading. Sometimes the spark is electric blue, others yellow or green or purple. Good point CrazyC. SS