Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bowledover822003

crystals

last week I got a citrine crystal in a lucky dip from a new age shop but it didn't give any information on how to use them would any of you know where you are supposed to place them or how they work

Guest Angel C

One of the best things about Citrine is that if you place it to the left of where you sleep, it is said to invite the Angels to watch over you while you sleep, therefore promoting a healthy sleep. Have you been having nightmares recently? If so, this should help to prevent them.

Another great thing is it is also said to invite abundance, if kept in a wallet or purse.

It is yellow, so it is good for the solar plexus chakra, and in turn can brighten the whole of your aura. You could try this exercise. Place it on your navel and imagine your solar plexus chakra (which looks like a little yellow wheel), glowing brightly like the sun. Extend this sunshine into the whole of your being and beyond into your aura. This should uplift you, brighten your mood and help you to keep a positive focus.

What a nice gift.

Sometimes its the unexpected things we receive which are exactly what we need, dont you think?

last week I got a citrine crystal in a lucky dip from a new age shop but it didn't give any information on how to use them would any of you know where you are supposed to place them or how they work

That sounds beautiful :) I just got 2 small crystals. I took one for each level of the apartment. Then I lighted a white candle and let the crystal reflect the flame,it shines a rainbow on the ceiling. The tapered candles worked better for me,but a tea candle works also. All credit goes to my friend Sensei for giving me the idea =]

This is something that greatly interests me. Can anyone provide insight as to how, exactly, crystals accomplish their purported spiritual benefits? I am interested in the actual mechanism behind this, not merely what they are said to do.

For example, many crystals are attributed to have healing properties - what is it about the crystal, physically, that allows it to have spiritual properties which again, cause physical change in the human body?

For any of this to be true, there has to be some kind of multi-tiered relationship between the crystal, the spiritual plane, and the human body, as it is said that the crystal has spiritual properties that affect the body's spiritual property, causing physical benefits.

Simplified, it looks something like this:

Physical crystal -> Spiritual attributes of the crystal -> ? <- Spiritual properties of the human body <- Physical body

This raises a lot of questions. I suppose to understand how any of this could even be possible, you would have do understand the relationship between mundane physical matter and the spiritual plane, which is something I barely see addressed in spiritual literature, much to my frustration. I am trying to say there HAS to be a specific mechanism behind this, as natural and structured as any other natural law. Does anyone have any insight on this matter?

Guest Dot
This is something that greatly interests me. Can anyone provide insight as to how, exactly, crystals accomplish their purported spiritual benefits? I am interested in the actual mechanism behind this, not merely what they are said to do.

In order to activate a crystal to do healing work, you have to use your intention. There is a way to "wake up" a crystal and the energy being inside, and you can set it a job to do... and it will do it.

For example, many crystals are attributed to have healing properties - what is it about the crystal, physically, that allows it to have spiritual properties which again, cause physical change in the human body?

I'm not sure. Aside from being pretty, they come from -the ground- which is said to have a spiritual nature, anyhow. The trees, plants, flowers... they all have energy which can be harnessed, apparently. There's a reason why nature has healing properties, y'know - because it's natural! A rock can have healing properties, a tree can have healing properties... Water has healing properties - have you ever noticed how it's in things naturally growing, that healing properties can be found? Something grown naturally is more beneficial than something which has been given steroids, for instance.

Different trees have different meanings and can work with different ... things (erk, vague) - natural growing things are cultivated for medicine and the like. Eucalyptus oil, for instance, or other oils; olive oil has incredibly healing properties! Such is the same for crystals. As is the same with crystals, its power can more readily and actively help you if you are aware of its healing power (I'm saying healing properties so much. Healing properties. Lol.) - this can be said to be a placebo, but perhaps it also opens your body up to what it does... it could be a bit of both. As we have discussed before, Armadodecadron, there's something else to it; somebody else can use a crystal for healing on somebody else (or some other thing... flower essence) and as long as the intent is there, its power can be utilized... even if the other person isn't entirely aware of it. It's that they are able to connect to that energetic field and be powerful that they can change it...

It's not only crystals; crystals are only part of the deal. It's that they grow naturally which makes them special. That they have been manifested from the spiritual plane, I guess you could say.

The "active ingredient," as it were, is that each crystal has inherent intelligence and inorganic, therefore purer, consciousness.

Guest Angel C

Physical crystal -> Spiritual attributes of the crystal -> Resonate at high energy therefore raising our energetic vibrations <- Spiritual properties of the human body <- Physical body

A Lady;

The "active ingredient," as it were, is that each crystal has inherent intelligence and inorganic, therefore purer, consciousness.

Intelligence, you say? Intelligent like you and I? Does the crystal make observations and decisions? Does it contemplate itself? Does it contemplate our ills and determine a method for curing them?

Angel C;

Physical crystal -> Spiritual attributes of the crystal -> Resonate at high energy therefore raising our energetic vibrations <- Spiritual properties of the human body <- Physical body

That's a buzz phrase. It has no meaning to me. It explains nothing. How does the resonation of the crystal's atomic structure alter our own? How does this change our bodies in deliberate ways? How does "raising" our energetic frequency identify and repair parts of us that are sick? There must be some kind of physical mechanism behind this for it to work as it is supposed to, a cause, an effect. Where and when does the spiritual property of a crystal cease to be spiritual and become a physical force, acting directly on the human form? And, since it is changing the sophisticated processes that keep us alive, how does it do so with a similar level of sophistication? What directs its power?

Dot;

It's not only crystals; crystals are only part of the deal. It's that they grow naturally which makes them special. That they have been manifested from the spiritual plane, I guess you could say.

Are you saying that their healing properties are derived solely by the fact that they have developed under natural conditions, and that this is a requirement for a piece of matter to have ethereal properties we find beneficial? Would you say, then, that laboratory grown crystals with improved purity and regularity of atomic structure do not have the healing benefits of their naturally occurring counterparts?

Guest Angel C

Perhaps for some reason, (perhaps our doubts) they can receive healing energy better than we can, and become a kind of conduit for it.

Where and when does the spiritual property of a crystal cease to be spiritual and become a physical force, acting directly on the human form?

I think it remains spiritual (or at least energetic), and heals us at that level (chakras and aura).

I dont know, does it have anything to do with sacred geometry? Or is it something to do with a prism effect, directing high frequency of light, colours and sounds and perhaps even higher frequencies (perhaps from space) that we arent even aware of?

How do you think they work, Armadodecadron?

Edit, I looked it up and found this information on a therapy site. They dont offer readings so think it will be ok to post the link http://www.thewindofkeltia.com/crystalenergy.html

According to the website "It has been discovered that an electrical current can be induced by mechanically squeezing a piece of crystal."

Crystals that can do that are called piezoelectric crystals. In fact some microphones use piezoelectric crystals to convert sound energy into electric energy for recording or radio broadcasting. Sound is a compression wave, so upon coming into contact with the crystal, the compression of the crystal creates a charge (Oversimplified version).

That's just fascinating about crystals, but maybe someone else can pick up the conversation from there.

Guest Dot
Are you saying that their healing properties are derived solely by the fact that they have developed under natural conditions, and that this is a requirement for a piece of matter to have ethereal properties we find beneficial?

Something like that!

Would you say, then, that laboratory grown crystals with improved purity and regularity of atomic structure do not have the healing benefits of their naturally occurring counterparts?

I'm not sure. I'd have to see one.

Haven't there been artificially created crystals which have different healing properties? Let's see. I think there have been.

"Aqua Aura Quartz

The striking blue colour of Aqua Aura Quartz is created by artificially fusing Gold with Clear Quartz. The gold molecules are permanently bonded to the Quartz and cannot be rubbed off. This process combines the properties of Clear Quartz with those of Gold to create a crystal with an intense energy. Clear Quartz focuses, amplifies and transfers energy while Gold has the ability to balance and activate all the body’s energy points, or Chakras.

Aqua Aura Quartz is said to free your mind from limitations and to help you to create space in your life for new things to happen. It is also said to protect you from psychic or psychological attack and, if used during crystal meditation, to give you feelings of deep inner peace.

Aqua Aura Quartz has the ability to activate all the body’s Chakras but is especially good for activating the Throat Chakra where it encourages clear communication from the heart. In addition the high, intense vibrations of Aqua Aura are said to enhance the healing properties of other crystals."

From a website I can't link to because it's selling them. I even own this crystal! Gold and Clear Quartz make this blue colour. But this is fusing the two - I'm not sure if they're grown from this process. I don't know -how- they do it. As for the artificially grown ones... I read the natural ones are better. But that's one source out of like... a million. And not all of them relate to what I'm looking for.

I guess it depends, really.

Edit, I looked it up and found this information on a therapy site. They dont offer readings so think it will be ok to post the link http://www.thewindofkeltia.com/crystalenergy.html

For a crystal to actively heal a human being, it needs two things: Potential energy, action, that is, to the power to change the human body, and of a pattern of what an individual should be at their healthiest state, so that the potential energy only enacts change that improves the human being and moves their state towards that goal.

I will overlook the distasteful fact that the person who wrote that has a truly perverted understanding of basic physical science and examine the overall claim they are attempting to address in several needless pages of pseudoscientific jargon - that the structure of a crystal shares a common order with the biological structure of the human being, and that the crystal asserts this order when in close proximity with the human body, through means undefined, while knowing where and how to influence the human body to achieve beneficial change, also through means undefined. It cannot be that a lump of quartz possesses a complete blueprint the biological needs of every human being.

Back to potential energy, I am ignoring the author's helpful suggestion that more piezoelectric activity = more gooder = more heal yay! because that is really not how we interact with electrical fields. The human biolelectrical signature is a delicate pattern, and external sources disrupt it! Tasers, power lines, a fork in an outlet. For a crystal to have a reinforcing effect on that signature it would have to mimic it and have some means of delivering it in proportion to what the body needed to have. And anyway, you can't get significant piezoelectric activity from a piece of quartz without completely demolishing it. There is virtually no measurable piezoelectric activity simply keeping one on your person or holding it thoughtfully. A definite false lead.

This article addresses neither of these needs in physical terms, and we are still left with "magic" as the answer to both questions, which is to say, neither of the questions have been answered at all.

Guest Angel C
This article addresses neither of these needs in physical terms, and we are still left with "magic" as the answer to both questions, which is to say, neither of the questions have been answered at all.

If magic is the term used to explain things we dont fully understand yet, then yes I suppose it is. I doubt many scientists have thought to look into the healing effect of crystals, dismissing it as a placebo effect, which it could well be. Either way it can work.

Can you spell out the two questions again?

Guest Dot

Rose quartz works with the heart chakra, it's also good with calming and de-stressing. :)

You can keep them in a room (if they're big enough) to keep the energy levels up, or you can wear it as a necklace (I don't know if you want to do that) or you can put it near a plant or... there are a lot of things you can do with crystals.

Rose quartz works with the heart chakra, it's also good with calming and de-stressing. :)

You can keep them in a room (if they're big enough) to keep the energy levels up, or you can wear it as a necklace (I don't know if you want to do that) or you can put it near a plant or... there are a lot of things you can do with crystals.

That is good to know,since I've had my share of heart concerns.

Guest Dot

Rose quartz will definitely be good for you too Sparklyy. It is also a gentle crystal for working with somebody with a heart condition or high blood pressure or something; it just keeps everything under control. It's just as good for the physical heart than the emotional one. :D

Guest Dot
someone told me that rose quartz can attract friendship,I wondered if that is true

I don't see why not! Rose quartz works with love and relationships; all kinds. That includes family, lovers, friends, pets, and etcetera! :D

I've never worked with crystals, though it's been suggested to me, so if I'm way off base here, ignore me. But.....

... There must be some kind of physical mechanism behind this for it to work as it is supposed to, a cause, an effect. ...

Why? Why does there have to be a physical mechanism to the crystal itself for it to work? Stories abound about the power of belief, about how sugar pills and charms and such work, or don't work, depending on the user's level of belief in the efficacy of the tool. There's no physical mechanism to that.

I'm really unsure about crystals myself, but I can't understand the claim that there *must* a physical mechanism for something to work. Why does there have to be one? Why can't it "just work"?

Guest Angel C

Oh and then there's focus and positive intention too. ;)

They do work aswell imo! I just used one today during a meditation, and I feel much brighter and fresher, than I have for weeks!!!

I used a selenite wand. If you're thinking of getting a crystal GypsyMama I can reccomend this one to you. It is great for cleansing the aura. You can place it on your body during a meditation, or better still get someone to comb your aura with it. Start at the back at the left and work clockwize around the body - just comb from about 6inches to 1 ft away from the body from the top of the crown to the feet. The person can either be sitting or standing.

Talking of magic, this crystal has the most magical feel to it of all, to me.

I've never worked with crystals, though it's been suggested to me, so if I'm way off base here, ignore me. But.....

Why? Why does there have to be a physical mechanism to the crystal itself for it to work? Stories abound about the power of belief, about how sugar pills and charms and such work, or don't work, depending on the user's level of belief in the efficacy of the tool. There's no physical mechanism to that.

I'm really unsure about crystals myself, but I can't understand the claim that there *must* a physical mechanism for something to work. Why does there have to be one? Why can't it "just work"?

Ah, the placebo effect. The phrase no one likes to have attributed to their work - be it pharmaceutical companies hoping to peddle expensive medication they dread pitting against the sugar pill test, to new age healers flinching when it is suggested they are doing nothing but psyching their clients into thinking they're being healed. But I think you and I are on the same page with this - I think the placebo effect is actually a valuable clue towards understanding how the spiritual force and the human body interact.

But it can't "just work" because it "works"! If it "works", it's doing work. It's causing real, physical change. If you were to ask my opinion of how the placebo effect is such a powerful force in healing, I would say that actively focusing on and firmly believing in your own improvement actuates a healing mechanism that is both physically mediated and spiritually active.

Are you familiar with the notion of the spiritual body? In a nutshell, it is said that the human being possesses an ethereal or spiritual body that mirrors the physical body (not to be confused with the ultimate soul of an individual, which supposedly inhabits both), and that what influences one can have subtle or drastic effects on the other, as they share a common image. Auric contact or spiritual healing would, hypothetically, not be influencing the physical body directly, but altering the composition of the ethereal body, and as they attempt to share that common "image", the physical body, through means unknown, reacts to conform to changes in its counterpart. And similarly grave illnesses and mortal injuries to the physical body - or perhaps even minor ailments - cause changes in the well being of the ethereal body, which cause noticeable changes in a weakened or sick individual's aura. Perhaps death itself can only occur because the spiritual body is so responsive to change in the physical body - or perhaps vice versa. What if a person possessed a spiritual body that completely ignored all physical ailments and problems and continually asserted an image and force of perfect vitality?

But however this works, there *has* to be some point and some time when spiritual influence ceases to be wholly spiritual and causes physical change in the human body for any of this to occur. Where and when is that gap bridged? It is a broad question, really. They answer is certainly out there, and it would explain many, many things.