Universal Psychic Guild Forum
TexasPsychic

So I started seeing a psychiatrist.

So to answer your question, I don’t have an answer. I just have to give in, stop fighting it and let it work as I’m given the information.

That is perhaps the wisest course of action. But it is never without pain; your pain is the fear of death, and of loss. The more you empathize with your fellow man, the harder the pain will be to avoid - and if you shut that out, you will shut out much of your gift. My question was not hypothetical. If you improve your ability, you will grow closer to death. That is appropriate, isn't it? It is, after all, the soul that shakes loose the worldly sight in favor of another.

You will need an answer; to surrender yourself to the inevitability of it all might well do you right. But what will you give up in doing so?

... If you improve your ability, you will grow closer to death. ...

And, if you don't improve your ability, you will grow closer to death, for that is one of the sure things in life. (Unless, of course, Armo was referring to a different sort of closeness.... in that case, ignore me!)

Guest Dot
And, if you don't improve your ability, you will grow closer to death, for that is one of the sure things in life.

:lol:

That is perhaps the wisest course of action. But it is never without pain; your pain is the fear of death, and of loss. The more you empathize with your fellow man, the harder the pain will be to avoid - and if you shut that out, you will shut out much of your gift. My question was not hypothetical. If you improve your ability, you will grow closer to death. That is appropriate, isn't it? It is, after all, the soul that shakes loose the worldly sight in favor of another.

You will need an answer; to surrender yourself to the inevitability of it all might well do you right. But what will you give up in doing so?

I find great peace in death. When I think about it, there are no cell phones ringing, no bills, nothing but peace.

Someone once asked me how I would feel if I were in the middle of a white room with nothing in it. Contrary to what most people would say, I would be relaxed, whole and enlightened.

Take into consideration that I have already died once. There is nothing to be afraid of. I felt welcomed, comforted and protected.

My trepidation might be for the loss of others.

There have been times when my faith has soared with brilliant energy. I’ve wanted to share these miracles with people. I too was afraid of being labeled “nuts.” But I wanted to make sure I wasn’t so I could have a better understanding of what actually is happening. That’s where the psychiatrist comes in.

I once shunned the gift God has given me, but know I realized the burden is mine to bear. I’m searching for “my right answer.”

I’ve tried the indirect approach by mentioning things in casual conversation. That sometimes works. But other times people are just too wrapped up in daily events to get the message.

I was on my way out of the office late one night, and my boss was working late as she always did. In casual conversation I told her she needed to spend more time with her family and the work would still be here tomorrow. She was stern and abrasive in nature so asking her the following question wasn’t out of the norm. Asked hypothetically, “What if one of your sons were to die in a car wreck and you could be spending this time with him, wouldn’t you go home?” She didn’t, and barely gave it a thought as she returned to working on a report. I got another job a few months after that. But through a mutual friend found out her son was killed in a car accident a few months later. I still remember leaning in her door talking to her and the vivid impressions I received that sticks in my mind and prompted me to say what I said.

She could have given him just one more hug. Saw a smile on his face as she made him a special breakfast. She could have had the whole family there for their last Christmas celebration together. Those moments are precious. Those are the miracles that need to be felt, not neglected for work.

I think it only matters that you had your say.

You don't know how your words may have affected her at home, perhaps she practised more patience, tenderness and caring or perhaps not. In any case, they (their family) chose to be together and experience her son's death for reasons those outside their soul family are not privy to.

Ultimately, there is no failure only lessons to be learnt.

So I started seeing a psychiatrist. I’ve been trying to get rid of my “gift” and blocking everything. This has lead to insomnia and chronic anxiety. At that point she told me to stop pushing my gift away and except it as who I am. Wait a sec. Did I hear right? A psychiatrist telling me that I was actually presenting verifiable evidence and that I was not delusional. Now I’m confused. I tried to get rid of it because I was tired of always knowing what was going to happen every minute of the day. Sometimes it’s nice to have a surprise or not know what the outcome of an event is. Anyway, after being told by her to “go with it”, it was the first night I went to sleep at a normal time and actually slept through the entire night. That was the first time in about 10 years. Now I want to find actual people who really do have the “gift”, not scammers and people who have negative intentions. What’s real to me goes against every “normal” reality we live within. Now what?

Normal is relative. What may be normal for you may not be normal for the next person. And go for it! What do you honestly have to lose? And as I was reading the thread I had part of the Nicene Creed cross my mind: "I believe in God the Father Almighty. Creator of heaven and earth. I believe in all things seen and unseen." Take it how you will. And you're not the only person to know when someone's going to die; quit thinking about death and think about birth instead. You'll be just as surprised.

Normal people... pshh.

I agree fully.

You seem well adjusted to your weird, Texas. You certainly have our support. I hope you never waver in your resolve.

Thank you for that. It is one of the most warming comments I’ve received. Because it is full of understanding and is said with the knowledge of acceptance. Thank you for your support. It truly is inspirational and raises my spirit.

I have accepted my weird.

Thank you again for your kindness. :)