Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dot

Seeing auras

Guest Dot

Awwright. So I've been able to see auras for about more than a year now and being able to see anything move or "wobble" or "dance" by its own accord and I've been wondering about it... I mean, seriously... What is the point of seeing these things? I mean, I think I'm missing something. What information do you gather from seeing auras and things with the naked eye and how can it - or does it relate to the real world? Something practical? Let's start with auras first.

Auras. People seem to be under the assumption that being able to see auras give you a better understanding of the feelings and emotions around you. I think this is false... but maybe I'm doing something wrong? (They give you a different way of seeing things but...) As far as I can see, seeing auras is just the same as reading somebody as they are on the physical plane. Seeing colours around people on a different level is just that - seeing it on a different level. I mean, it's cool and all and it's pretty but that's all it seems to be for me. Am I doing something wrong? I might not be reading them properly. All I get is nothing more from seeing somebody as they are normally. When somebody is feeling neutral, well, it shows in the aura, that's nothing new. When somebody is happy or energetic, it shows on the physical plane, as well as the aura. There are strange mixes I've seen such as purple around the head and yellow around the body and I see that with everybody at a certain point in the martial arts training I used to do. From what it seems, it just means the mind is alert and active while the body is kind of mellowed out and zen, but energergized at the same time. This makes sense... but it's just that; it just makes sense. Am I missing something? At times I see a thousand different colours around somebody's head. Well, not a thousand, but you see at a certain point some orange, then some green then some yellow then some purple. But why does it appear in sections? Is there some aura study that tells you about what areas of the head correspond with colour? It's strange because just by looking at somebody you just get how they're feeling, but when you try to analyse the aura normally it just makes sense. But there might be a piece of aura reading I'm missing out on.

I know some people find auras a great point for getting more insight. Something like how meditation can help people gather information or sometimes people get inspiration in the shower or ... well, just about anywhere. Is it just about how people get information, and aura reading isn't one of mine? I find the connection with the chakras and colours helpful because - well, it kind of helps with aura reading (but in the end you're seeing something you already know IMO but on a different level) and in the readings I did on another thread. Colour was a big part of it and it can help me gather insight this way... hmm. Like in dreams too.

So... Is there something I'm missing out with here or is this how it's supposed to be? It seems almost silly. People get so excited about seeing them, I mean. I know I was, and it is kinda cool - but what else is there to learn from it, if anything?

As for things moving, I guess it's their energetic state in a "mood" or something. I mean, the Earth. It breaths. If you look closely it breathes. But sometimes other objects change their movements. Something might be jittery and appear to be "excited" or "restless" but what does this mean? It seems a bit strange for every day things to hold some sort of "personality" or "mood"- is it what humans give them? We know objects hold an energy of the people who have used them, but does this really hold an energetic form on the physical level? I mean, can physical ... can energy forms hold physical movements? Like...

Hm. Maybe I should look into this more. Is it because of what somebody's energetic signature is like or is it the mood they're in or is it a bit of both? And how is the energetic signature made anyway? Is it just something that appears and tada thoughts and personality traits derive from this? How does the energetic signature change over time? How does it accumulate changes? Through gathering emotion? Experience? How does experience appear as energetic form? Does it take a piece of each energy in a place; including emotional factors? These hold a bit place in experience, and.. it can even change. I dunno. I guess it's a bit of everything. What do ya reckon?

Anyway, just some questions I hope we can talk about. It just bugs me sometimes. Hope someone has some ideas about it.

I can sometimes see colors around people, sometimes I just dismiss it, and other times I try to apply meaning. One interpretation that works spot on is the size of the colors. Strong, or dominant people or people who explore their spirituality tend to have rather large areas, almost like their colors overwhelm the colors of others. Something else is how easy it is for me to see. People who are very secure and have high self esteem I can see their colors all the time, without any effort. Others I have to strain my eyes like trying to read the lowest lines on the eye doctor test. I don't even know why straining my eyes works because I don't believe that the mechanism of the sight comes from the eyes....although I am not sure what the mechanism is though. I don't think I know what the colors themselves mean, I've read plenty of things about chakra colors and things like that but labelling "yellow is like this," and "red is like that," has never been that accurate for me. I think that since we all have our own personal perceptions, seeing auras is the same way, you have to create your own meaning.

Guest Dot

Yeah, I've noticed things like that too, Kai. Hmm. I think you're right about personal perceptions though, just you'd think something like this would be a bit more universal (haha universal). :lol: But yeah, thanks for replying. I guess it just means different things to different people. Hmm... -Ponders some more.-

Dot, I completely understand your question. I feel the same way about most of my abilities - what's the point? They usually seem to only benefit me, and often the "benefit" is simply the enjoyment of something beautiful.

Anyway, this doesn't answer your question at all; I just wanted to share with you that I eventually came to the conclusion that not all of has to have a practical purpose. Sometimes, it's just a gift for sheer enjoyment. I think it took me a long time to look at it that way for the same reasons I would have difficulty accepting a compliment, or help, or a gift for no reason. But now, when I can't see the purpose behind something, I try to just sit back and enjoy it. :)

I have thought about this since we have last discussed it and I have come to the conclusion that I do see auras, but not in the traditional sense.

I think the standard perception of colorized auras comes from sub-conscious feedback that interferes with part of the brain responsible for translating visual stimuli from the eyes into conscious sensory input - meaning that in the case of a person actually perceiving auras psychically (as opposed to imagining they are seeing them, which is another problem in itself), the psychic sense interferes with the normal visual process and interposes an image of a colorized aura over their field of vision at the visual-translation stage.

It seems inevitable that these mental processes are linked for the simple reason that auras are not a truly luminous field - that is, they do not give off photons, nor do they interfere with them. They would have to do one of the two to produce an image our eyes could perceive. (And if they did either the aura would be detectable by traditional optical imagery used by traditional physicists, not just "fringe" scientists.)

Ergo, seeing auras is - technically - a hallucination. But the pure psychic sense which actually detects auras is a separate perception. I think it is important to the progression of psychic understanding that we collectively figure out why this came to be. Most of us are familiar with the purer form of aura field sense or thought field sense when they instinctively know someone is nearby when there is insufficient information from the five normal senses to lead to that awareness. Turning around just as someone begins to stare at you is a classic example of thought field sense, which I think is tied to or synonymous with aura field sense, as when they extend their perceptions to you within a certain range they are also, unbeknownst to them, extending a kind of primitive, instinctive psychic tendril into your own aura to feel you out, and this is perceived by you just as instinctively and unconsciously. I have never met anyone who had total awareness of these abilities (that I know of), only fully unconscious and unreliable instinct, or partial awareness which was still unreliable in the idea that they cannot reproduce it under controlled conditions with respectable accuracy.

It seems pretty clear to me that this ability remains buried even in conventional psychics, and I wonder why that is. I will boldly state that I suspect this color business has evolved into a kind of trendy distraction that practitioners amuse themselves with while the real secret behind this remains tucked away in a place where there is no color. I think the color scheme is an invention of the mind to reconcile an alien sense to a mode of conscious awareness that does not quite understand what it is dealing with. That means that valid information can be reported by the psychic sense in this manner, but by the time it reaches the "you" you know as you, it has been perverted from its true form, which is an abstract sense that does not use any form of stimulation we have words for.

Auras ^_^

Definitely not the easiest thing to decipher but I think it has a little bit to do with what many of you have mentioned already. I found one book rather helpful in my psychic practices, it's called Your Auras & Your Chakras: The Owner's Manual by Karla McLaren. It gives a general description of what the colors mean but what I found helpful was how the colors relate to specific centers, chakras, in the body. Once I saw the connection it made more sense than red means this, blue means that. But like Kai said, it's up to you to find the interpretation. What I have often done was to find what the color in the aura meant to me. It's like your aura is an energetic journal of your life, you can find out alot of information about the person just from reading their aura. Maybe reading auras was once a way for us to communicate when we did not have a language available to us. A way for us to connect (or disconnect) from the people around us. The idea of an aura must have come from somewhere right?

I unfortunately don't see aura's outside of my mind's eye. Nonetheless I find the ability to see them fascinating I just wish I met someone who not only saw them but understands the depths of what those colors mean. Sometimes the prettiness of it seems like a distraction rather an opportunity to delve deeper. Or maybe it's just one of those situations where there's no reason to know more than what's at the surface. But if you can see it, shouldn't there be a reason? Don't all things have a purpose rather than are happenstance?

We know that energy does emit color, physics has proven that. I believe our eyes are equipped to see that light but unfortunately, what you may deem a hallucination Arma is what we are taught from a very young age of what can't be real unless you can touch it. Haven't we been raised to see those colors and trained to see the objects as they are given to us but also the color as defined by our caretakers? What if we saw auras from the beginning but our parents would just tell us, 'no no honey this is blue, there's no yellow around it. See it's solid, touch it look at it, it's blue all around. See?' Consider that at such a young age their brain isn't capable of our refined perceptions.

Also rational scientific folk tend to live so closely to facts, as it were a religion, that they loose the ability to think outside of their rules and find another possible answer. Those 'fringe' scientist are doing something amazing by trying to use what we already know in a different way. Didn't Edison say "Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration?" We need only to be inspired, think not with our rational mind but with our creative one then take that opportunity to do the work and take humanity to a place we thought was impossible. This rather than the way some scientist who, because they're unable to prove something otherwise due to staring at it with the same thought process for so many years, consider their theory irrefutable fact and keep us from progressing. I mean imagine what it was like for the person who believed they can fly to the moon? Look at Davinci, I'm sure people thought his contraptions were the delusions of a madman until someone proved it possible. Or a contemporary like Daniel Tammet who has synesthesia, his 'hallucinations' are simply a means by which His mind has chosen to process numbers and the data that it receives on the day to day. His mind is unrestricted by the conventions of our society and have thus given him genius abilities by which he can use his mind. There is so much that we don't know about the human brain that to say something is a hallucination because we do not have the technology to prove it otherwise is rather ignorant especially with all the new technologies and research that are coming out everyday.

But that is only MY opinion :)

Maybe Dot, the question isn't what are you missing but what is the purpose? What does this opportunity mean to you?

Guest Dot
Once I saw the connection it made more sense than red means this, blue means that. But like Kai said, it's up to you to find the interpretation. What I have often done was to find what the color in the aura meant to me.

It seems you found the meaning of the color through the words of another. Truth be told, I never heard of people seeing auras until a friend of me told me they could see them in their mind's eye several years ago. And even then what they seemed to see was an imprint of somebody's personality; is there a level of an aura in between the spiritual and the energetic? A more longstanding aura than emotions which jump from... Oooh! I wonder if I can get myself to see somebody's unique energy as a physical thing. I'm going to try doing that. (EDIT: Actually, I'm emailing somebody at the moment, a friend of mine who mentioned if they shed away somebody's physical body they can see the soul in colour. Now, see, that's what I want to see. I mean, you can perceive it with your mind's eye, but can you see it in front of you? I'll find a way! If not, perception is fine for now. Hehehe.)

Maybe reading auras was once a way for us to communicate when we did not have a language available to us.

Maybe. But body language can convey the same things auras can, as can looking in somebody's eyes. Assuming you know how to see emotion there, or a lack thereof. But I see what you mean. Heightened perception could mean we wouldn't have to speak out loud, for example, if we could say talk to somebody through our mind.

Sometimes the prettiness of it seems like a distraction rather an opportunity to delve deeper. Or maybe it's just one of those situations where there's no reason to know more than what's at the surface. But if you can see it, shouldn't there be a reason? Don't all things have a purpose rather than are happenstance?

I suppose you're right. In some cases though, I feel like there's no more behind it, but there must be. Through it is... Well, I told you my idea. Maybe in auras lies secrets of energetic structure. Like, auras is the first step. I wonder if there's... I'm going to experiment. Hehehe.

What if we saw auras from the beginning but our parents would just tell us, 'no no honey this is blue, there's no yellow around it. See it's solid, touch it look at it, it's blue all around. See?' Consider that at such a young age their brain isn't capable of our refined perceptions.

There's a part of the... something that makes you see the reverse of the colour you've looked at. Like, you look at a picture of a green apple on a white surface long enough and then look to another white surface and blink and you see red. Hm! Opposites? Maybe it's silly but does that mean green is the polarity of red? That doesn't make any sense, I mean, it does in terms of artwork and the like, but ... Huh. Suppose there's more to that than we let on. Or maybe it's just that in one polar, is the absence of another and so they're both technically there. What do you think? :P Would make sense what with the yin-yang thing and all. Do you understand what I mean? Hehe, all of a sudden seeing opposite colors like that seems less mundane.

Maybe Dot, the question isn't what are you missing but what is the purpose? What does this opportunity mean to you?

Good question. Thanks for reminding me. That's actually it, by the way, reminding. I mean, I always remember psychic ability and purpose and the like but it... I guess when I see it, no, when I notice it, it's just me being reminded of what I can do. I mean, I act like it's something silly and worthless but it's not; and there could be more to it, like I explained and I'm going to look into that... but seeing auras is kind of like when somebody experiences some deja vu or there's an obvious moment of synchronicity. Hmm.

That's funny actually, at work my work colleagues were talking about this guy who could do Reiki and how they were fascinated that he could see auras but he acted like it was such a mundane thing. And then the guy got interested in this line of work the lady was pursuing and he found it endlessly fascinating and she thought it was mundane. Funny how that happens. I was tempted to tell them that I could see auras too but I kept my mouth shut, normally because I'm generally a reserved person, but also because it would be drawing away from the story. Well, there's something in that.

Anyway, suppose the world, every structure has a sort of programmer code and each has a function that makes it work in a separate way; for example, the structure of a perception like colour would have a different function than how a plant grows but in the end it's all computer language. Ugh, why did I use that analogy? It's like the Matrix. Hahaha.

Anyway, if I think of anything amazing I'll post it. :D

Awwright. So I've been able to see auras for about more than a year now and being able to see anything move or "wobble" or "dance" by its own accord and I've been wondering about it... I mean, seriously... What is the point of seeing these things? I mean, I think I'm missing something. What information do you gather from seeing auras and things with the naked eye and how can it - or does it relate to the real world? Something practical? Let's start with auras first.

Hope someone has some ideas about it.

I've never gone actively looking for auras (unless of course I am doing an aura reading) nevertheless I find they appear to me at random. The first thing I saw was a bit like what you see on a hot day when you look at the road -- you know the heat waves rising?

After that, and up until now, I see areas of colours that flash momentarily -- they are reminiscent of earthly colours but much more iridescent, more pure. The colours I see the most around myself and others are green, purple and ultramarine.

Something I have been wondering about lately is that as I watch the bats fly over each evening I notice that some of them (usually but not always the front runners) have a 'white' spark somewhere on their head. I wondered if it was their aura or some sort of navigating energy. ^_^

Usually, I just appreciate auras rather than thinking what I can learn from them. ;)

Only Aura type thing I have ever seen is a grey over a person if they were going to die. Even if nobody knew there was something wrong or not. I know...its depressing. Majority of my gifts are related to people dying. I dream about it before they do. I see it around them. I know sometimes when somebody is sick before they do. It could be a depressing gift. LOL

Chiili - rather than debate vehemently with you using your previous response as cornerstones, I have a question for you.

Do you have a voluntary awareness of the discrepancy between the information your eyes deliver and the image your consciousness is presented with by your brain?

Dot

But body language can convey the same things auras can, as can looking in somebody's eyes. Assuming you know how to see emotion there, or a lack thereof.
Good point. Have to admit, when I am not wearing my glasses I can't see past 6 inches in front of me without it getting blurry. But when I've walked down the street for whatever reason without my glasses I can recognize people i know. Something about their body language tells me this is so-n-so even if they're a block away.

I'm going to experiment. Hehehe.
I looooove experiments! I want in!

Arma, besides the fact that I need glasses to see I can not do what you ask intentionally without some sort of cue :lol:. But I do have a voluntary awareness of the discrepancy that exists between what my consciousness represents to me and the words that come out of my mouth. lol Or the movements that my body creates :lol: Even in reverse without my eyes, I can sense something is off, something is different.

Here's an experiment you can do with a friend have them slowly creep up to you while you have your eyes closed and then when you feel that they are close enough say so. I bet you'll be able to sense it. Why? Because of Newton's universal law of gravitation. In addition, objects are capable of emitting an electric field. (Think of opposite magnets) Now imagine if you can give certain densities of particles a color. Now intensify that density, could it be possible that what you could get is the aura??? :huh: maybe??

Just because some of us cannot see the aura doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist. Our brain can't even see colors that we know logically should exist but because our brains can't compute it we can't see. Just recently, after reading Dot's post I was on the subway and looking at a magazine stand for pregnancy magazines. Instead I found Scientific American that had an article called "Seeing Forbidden Colors." I found it really interesting but hadn't found a reason to mention it or how it relates to the subject outside of extra things to know until now. Thanks Arma! :D

Essentially the article states that we are not able to see bluish yellow (no not green) or reddish green (no not brown) colors because they are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Your brain is wired to see one color and not the other so when you get them together you see a blend, you see green or brown with varying shades of the colors depending on what is more luminescent or richer in color. It's called Hering law of opponency. But they've made a device that allowed them to 'trick' the mind into see it. But here's the funny part, the scientists got artist and some others to try it out and give the scientist a description and they couldn't a consistent description from the subjects. Then almost 20 years later they retried the experiment using scientist in field as subjects and added some modifications to the device and procedure. They found a way to almost get it right. Such that maybe for a brief moment you could see the forbidden colors. But the mind has never been exposed to it so it's still difficult to articulate let alone see it for more than what can be a microsecond. So Dot, you essentially picked up on what scientist have been trying to work on for years LOL the "Matrix" does exist ha ha ha

Anywho, there's a small sample test to try in the magazine and you can see the discrepancy that Arma asked me of. It's rather freaky! :lol: So can I voluntarily see the discrepancy between the information my eyes deliver and the image my consciousness is presented with by my brain? Yes, I think Now I can. But I can also see the image that my mind feels I should see but my brain, not my eyes, can't quite understand. :D Man the brain is so incredibly awesomely Fantastic and yet Frustrating sometimes! :lol:

Let's consider this, what if we are wired to see what we see, shapes, forms etc. and not the aura of things? Such as in Dot's analogy of a programmers code. What if they are on opposite sides of the visual "spectrum"? But some the few like Victoria are wired differently and can see that opposite as well as what we see on the day to day.

And/or what if (oooh oooh ooh this ones crazy!) for those of us who wear glasses we see not just the person but a faint aura in the blur of the shape? There are so many possibilities, some more scientifically rational than others :rolleyes:, but because we're not aware of any research (let alone if there is any being done) we can't say it's impossible. Because that would be... ignorant?

I'm just saying what if... ;)

Victoria, thanks for getting back to the subject lol. Your experience is really interesting. I've tried to see auras and I wonder if because I'm thinking so much about it that all i see is what Dot explained, that reverse color. I guess if it's meant to happen it will but then it's like you said if you're not looking for it's purpose it is rather nice to be able to appreciate them. I would love to see aura's with my own eyes though. But I wonder if it'll distract me more than I need to be ha ha ha :D

Edited by Chiili

Guest Dot
And/or what if (oooh oooh ooh this ones crazy!) for those of us who wear glasses we see not just the person but a faint aura in the blur of the shape?

I wear glasses... Actually, it's funny. I haven't found them. I put them somewhere and I lost them, I guess you could say, yesterday. Sometimes focusing in and out on something can make auras appear, because ... I don't know this is just a theory; that at some point your eyes focus on the aura, and the brain is aware of that and... Hmm. As in seeing auras, they don't disappear or become 'more there' when I have my glasses off (and so immediately lose clarity of my vision starting about a meter away...) they just become blurry, just like everything else. I didn't have glasses when I started seeing auras, because I wasn't even aware I needed them until I tried on a friend's pair of glasses and found they actually helped my vision. Funnily I even went to an eyedoctor and when he put one of the lenses over and I said "I can see clearly! OMG" and he said "that's supposed to happen" and didn't do anything about it. Well, blah. But is what you mean, Chiili, that when things go blurry the aura and person kind of "fall out" of each other? That is kind of what happens.

That thing about the forbidden colours is interesting, and haha...

So Dot, you essentially picked up on what scientist have been trying to work on for years

:lol:

Funny.

rma, besides the fact that I need glasses to see I can not do what you ask intentionally without some sort of cue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) . But I do have a voluntary awareness of the discrepancy that exists between what my consciousness represents to me and the words that come out of my mouth.

The human language impedes my understanding, argh. I don't even understand what Arma is asking. To make some sort of distinction between something? (EDIT: Wait, I get it now. x3) Ahh, as for a cue, -Waves a flag.- Go! But do you mean you need more direction than that? (EDIT: Maybe for an example?)

I've tried to see auras and I wonder if because I'm thinking so much about it that all i see is what Dot explained, that reverse color.

Sometimes you end up seeing the reverse colours instead of auras, and sometimes I've seen it jump between the two. I think there might be some sort of switch in the brain that makes you more prone to seeing the reverse colours instead of auras. They have a different, er... frequency. Like you're turning a dial on something and hit one notch; that's reverse color, and then you hit another and it's aura vision. It annoyed me at times, back awhile ago; because the two would intermingle and it made things confusing. The pure colours you see are similar to the reverse colour, but you have to be careful that the two don't get mixed up, or you mistake one for the other.

I hope that makes sense. I know when I saw my first auras it all started with a certain set of colours, I think the array of colours you see depend entirely on your emotional well being. I know sometimes I can see all the colours of the rainbow around somebody's head (that's normally where the most diversity in colour is, for obvious reasons), and sometimes I just see gray which I know is when the aura vision is really shot. :( And sometimes it's gray-ey blue. I remember when I... God, I keep distracting myself. The first time I saw an aura, I was not concentrating on seeing auras. I was actually spacing out, and you know when you space out you're not really concentrating or using your vision properly? I noticed an aura in my vision and I jerked back to my full vision awareness and it disappeared. Of course, it grew from there. I remember being so fascinated at seeing people's auras on a bus; and finding they were all blue. Blue was the first colour to appear for me and it grew from there. I find that when I'm in a highly energetic state, if I'm particularly happy or "high" from having Reiki done or being in that sort of space that auras appear a lot easier. It's like having a light-body makes it easier to see other people's "light bodies" aka "aura bodies". I don't normally use light bodies in that sense but it ... it makes sense.

Though I can see auras when I'm "heavy" in energy, it just depends on my state of mind, I think. You can be feeling pretty low and have your head kind of high, but it just depends. Argh, actually, it ... Sometimes I see auras all the time, without thinking about it, everywhere I look, no matter what mood I'm in. I can trigger it when I want too, but I find that they automatically become easier to see (or I'm more aware about seeing them) when in a high or relaxed energetic state. Hmm, I hope that makes sense. Sometimes when I stare at, say, my hand, I feel it start tingling as I see the aura. Suppose I'm altering my own energy field? Hmm. I remember when I was pretty chill about seeing auras and my boyfriend at the time asked me to see his and ask what colour it was (he did this quite a bit actually...hehehe) and I remember one time when I did it he said he felt his skin tingling where I was looking. Like he felt... something.

I guess it's like when you can sense somebody looking at you, only you're looking at a different level of them. Oh, ahaha, I remember what he said now too! He said, "It feels like you're looking through me."

Well, technically, I was. Hehehe. He had this kind of amazed expression on his face like "What the hell this is... wow." Just like when I did Reiki on him; and that was only with Reiki 1! :lol: Oh, I'm getting on a bit of a tangent, aren't I?

Despite me saying they can be mundane, I like seeing auras. It reminds me of what I can do. There's something funny about it; and there are things I can learn from it...

It's nice, too, when you see couples walking and they have the nicest pink aura around them. That always makes me smile. Ah, I'm getting nostalgic. -Happy sigh.- Hehehe. :wub: :rolleyes: :P

oh, yeah, there was something else I wanted to mention about auras. Sometimes when somebody is moving around there's a kind of after image affect you get with the aura, like it's still connected to them, but it's like when you have those ribbons on sticks and you move it in a loop but the ribbon always has to catch up. This is most obvious with teachers when they're giving a lecture and moving their hands about. It doesn't happen all the time, but when somebody is pretty animated. For instance, there's a blue and green glow around my left hand and when I move it to the side ... actually, it's easier to see when you're further away, but the point is that it has a little after-blur. Arggh, I can't explain this! If anybody else could see auras they would know what I was talking about. Ah, no offense. But I was wondering if you guys thought this was because the energetic realm is always moving and not entirely distinct (it really always is moving, even the things that appear to not be moving; I can see it) and auras become a part of that type of vision and other perception or ... Wait.

I'm just going to see what my hands look like when I use warp and wonky vision 'everything's moving' vision while seeing an aura and moving my hand. Argh, that is actually pretty hard to do. It requires focusing on moving my hand and watching it move and concentrating on it, while not really focusing on anything and making it all go wooOOoOOOoOoOoO. That didn't work very well, but I expect ... haha, I'm trying to see something clear in a world which is constantly ... moving. I guess the aura does that because it's made up of a different structure. Does anybody else know what I mean when I talk about the world moving? Everything moves differently, because everything has a different vibration, but I've been wondering about that, and nobody's touched much on it. Maybe because you don't know what I'm talking about? :( Though, Wynter has seen it happen, though she hasn't got the hang of triggering it like I have as far as I know. ... I don't think she's seen nearly as much... hmm...

So far I've gotten ignorance on this topic, but why? Is it just you don't know what I'm talking about? Simple enough reason I suppose... anyway... back to auras! :lol:

The most important thing anyone needs to understand here is that the information your eyes ultimately delivers to you goes through significant sub- and unconscious tampering as it is translated from one part of the mind to another. Information is added to and taken from what you see during this neurological journey by your own brain.

You, collectively, are so happy with your colors. Do you know why that troubles me? Because it is an obsession with an inferior form of sense. You are confusing vision with psychic sight, and putting properties of one into the other. The end result is that you do not seem to understand the difference between the two. It is unfortunate that this is such a popular philosophy, as it is the source of much misinformation. I could crush this whole line of thinking with a lengthy and time consuming critical examination of the subject, but I am getting so tired of repeating myself at length that, for once, I am just going to leave well enough alone. What is my reward for this, anyhow? The thread stops, because no one has anything left to say, having been backed into a corner where they are unable to justify or defend a kind of thinking they are emotionally unwilling to relinquish.

Do and think as you will. I have one other thing to say, and then I will leave you all be on this matter;

Information. Information is being inserted by parts of your psyche that you are not consciously aware of into the sensory input you receive from your eyes. For you to understand what I have been getting at here, you must ask yourself why that might be! There is something far more important and powerful at work here!

Guest Angel C

At a risk of being labelled as "ignorant" and being "backed into a corner" I do have something to add to this subject.... when I have time and am less annoyed by the discussion style.

Guest Angel C

In the meantime, you may find some answers in the post, I know I did...

Hi ... Everything in life is composed of energy, which begins at molecular level. The human form is encircled by an energy field aka an aura. This aura surrounds the physical body, much like an egg shell.

Besides the aura, the energetic make-up of man also comprises of a Haric Line - this is simpler than the auric field and exists on a dimension deeper than your basic nature. This is considered your line of intent. It consists of 3 points along a lazer like line that is in the centre of your body. As the auric field has specific and immediate correspondence to your thoughts and feelings, so too does the Hara Line. One point of the Hara Line is found above the head, the point at which you connect with your Higher Self. When this gets clogged up you can feel disconnected from the Divine, everyone and everything and feel very alone in the world. Another point is near the belly button and is a will or power centre. Healers usually operate from this point and it is not unusual for them to feel raised body temperature during healing sessions. Chronic back problems generally result from a torn Hara Line.

Next you get your High Heart or Soul Seat. This is often confused with a chakra, but isn't. It is situated in your upper chest. Here is where you carry your spiritual longing and is sometimes referred to as the Christ Light. This brings the passion you have to achieve great things in your lifetime and this longing is very geared to your life purpose.

The Core Star Level is kinda like a quantum leap deeper than the Haric Level in to who you are and on this level everyone looks like a beautiful star. Most wonderful of all is that each of these Core Stars are unique to each indivudial :D It is in this place that you are wise, loving and courageous and also known as where the deeper goodness lies within us all.

All energies begin with core conscieousness, moving thro the deeper levels of your being until they reach your physical world. Everything is first manifested as consciousness in the core, then as your intent in the Haric level, than as your life energy in the Auric level, which later emerge in the physical universe.

Now that you hopefully have a better understanding of how the energetic make-up on 'other' levels affects the physical body, we can now move onto the actual auric field. This is most commonly made up of 7 layers. As we progress, more auric layers are being discovered, but the 7 main ones are sufficient in this instance.

The first level is the Etheric Body and is the first layer of the aura, showing up as aqua blue. This is the blueprint for the physical body and even has the same structure as your physical body WITH all the anatomical parts! These are known as energy zones or meridians. This layer provides the required structure for the chakras, which I think we all know something about. Believe it or not, but we have something like 72000 known chakras, but only 7 main chakras. Within this layer all physical sensations are felt.

Second level is the Emotional Field. This energy is directly associated with the feelings and emotions we have about ourselves. This layer looks like a multi-coloured cloud of very light mist which is in constant motion. It also envelopes the physical body and interpenetrates the other levels and bodies that surround it. Positive emotions radiate clearly and brightly in the aura, while depression, confusion or sadness shows up in this layer of the aura as kinda 'muddy'. Blobs of energy are also seen on this layer, especially if someone is say in therapy and venting, letting go.

The third layer is the mental body and has a higher frequency than the etheric and emotional field. This particular energy is associated with all thoughts, mental processes and our rational worlds. This is usually a bright yellow colour and normally radiates around the head and shoulders, also extending around the entire body. Thought forms can be seen as bright blobs of varying brightness. Additional colours can be superimposed at this level from the emotional level. At this level, when we observe our thoughts, they can have a direct and very powerful influence on creating the reality that we really want! So, it is safe to say that when the first 3 levels of the aura are balanced, one feels self-acceptance, safe and has a sense of personal power.

The fourth level is the Astral Field and is formless/shapeless like the emotional field. This too is made up of clouds of colours, but more beautiful than in the emotional field. This field usually has the same set of colours, but is usually infused with the rose light of love. When people fall in love, beautiful cotton wool like clouds of rose light can be seen around their bodies and arcs of rose light connects their hearts. It is at this level that we interact with all around us and here lies our feelings towards others. This energy level has a higher vibrational level than the emotional field, but is thicker/denser, containing the colours of the rainbow. When born, we have auric cords that connect us to our parents, like an umbilical cord. These cords develop with the aura and represents our relationship with each parent and will later continue to create relationships to either the men or women in our lives. Each new relationship develops more cords. When relationships end the cords can be ripped out or torn, causing great pain and damage to the energy field. The time spent getting over a broken relationship is generally the time needed to disconnect the cords to that other person.

The Fifth Level is the Etheric Template and contains all the forms that exist on the physical plane in a blueprint or template form. This is therefore the blueprint for the etheric body at the level of Divine Will. Divine Intent is manifested into physical pattern or form. This layer can extend quite far from the body and looks like a photograph negative with transparent lines of energy on a cobalt blue background, but it is very much a layer of energy that is alive and is constantly pulsating and unfolding. Everything in our Universe is created on the etheric template level through sound.

The Sixth Level is the Celestial Body and is the emotional level of the spiritual plane. This is a very high frequency and this is the level we experience spiritual ecstacy on. This can be reached thro meditation for example. This is the point where we reach the point of knowing our connection with all of the universe, where we see the light and love in everything. This appears as a beautiful shimmering light of pastel, rainbow streamers with a gold/silver shine, almost like mother of pearl and just seems to shine out of the body like the glow of a candle.

The Seventh Level is the Ketheric Template or Casual Body and is the mental level of the spiritual plane. When consciousness is at this level a feeling of oneness with God is felt. The outer form is the egg shape of the aura. This too has a very high vibrational level and is composed of tiny, but strong and durable threads of gold/silver light that are interwoven and holds the aura together. It forms into a golden egg that surrounds and protects everything within it. This is the strongest and most resiliant level of the aura. It contains a grid structure of the body and associated chakras, as well as the power current of the Hara Line that runs up and down the spine and carries energy to the roots of each chakra, connecting and energising all the chakras. Past lives are also contained within this level of the aura, with the band near the head and neck area containing the past life that we are working to clear in this lifetime. It contains our life plan and is the last level directly related to this incarnation. Telepathy occurs at this level, as well as being able to access the universal mind for information beyond what is generally obtained from mere thinking.

The Astral level is the bridge between our physical and spiritual worlds.

Even altho this wasn't really part of the question, I personally feel that too little is known about our main chakras. There are 7 - 1 at the top of the head (crown chakra -pituatary - violet), another at the forehead (brow/third eye - pineal - purple/violet), the throat (throat chakra - thyroid - blue), chest (heart chakra - thymus, which controls our immune system - green), stomach (solar plexus chakra - pancreas - yellow); Belly button (Sacral chakra - Adrenals - orange); and Pelvic area (Base/Root Chakra - Gonads - Red).

Each main chakra is connected to an endocrine gland, which is what keeps us alive! Little is known by modern medicine about the workings of the endocrine glands by the way. As you will gather from this information, our chakras connect to the endocrine glands and thereby infuse our physical selves with the energy from our auras. Hence the importance of being balanced body, mind and spirit! As we evolve our aura vibrationary levels are increasing, bringing with this a new awareness or consciousness.

When the 7 main chakras operate functionally, without blockages, this is often known as an opening of the Kundalini Line or the Shushuma Channel.

Seeing auras was an everyday ability in time gone by - with time we 'unlearnt' how to see and react to auras. If you really want to try and learn to see them, the easiest way is to get someone to stand against a white wall, about 6 or 7 foot in front of you. Look past their one ear and soften your gaze to a kinda blur. The first inkling that you are seeing an actual aura will be first seeing what is known as the envelope, which is seen as a thin white line surrounding the living item. Remember, everything that lives has an aura, not just people. Plant life is rich in energy, which is why destroying our forests is so very dangerous to our livelihood - believe it or not, but we humans derive much of our actual energy from trees and not just the oxygen they produce!

Hope this wasn't too confusing :-S .. l've tried to condense years of study into something simplified and am not sure l've done such a great job.

At a risk of being labelled as "ignorant" and being "backed into a corner" I do have something to add to this subject.... when I have time and am less annoyed by the discussion style.

One thing I like about you Angel C is that you have that ability to turn what could be a stimulating discussion into just that.

I look forward to what you have to say. :angel:

The most important thing anyone needs to understand here ...

Thank you for sharing your opinion Arma.

I am happy with my own understanding... but, since I am at the moment exploring differences your post is good practice for me to accept and celebrate the variety rather than judge. :angel:

So far I've gotten ignorance on this topic, but why? Is it just you don't know what I'm talking about? :lol:

Not everyone wants to reply to every topic. I remember you posted something similar about shapeshifting, and you came to the same conclusion -- that is if people did not respond then they knew nothing! :unsure:

Dot, that sounds like a "crass generalisation" to me.

Perhaps they're busy, formulating their theories, can't be bothered or just plain not interested. B)

formulating theory here! LOL

But I don't find this discussion to be all that antagonistic (Cause "Nobody puts Baby in the Corner" :lol:) not even in the slightest I kinda enjoy that Arma pushes, and Dot continuously questions. It forces me to not just accept my beliefs as facts but to think (although I do hold strongly to some beliefs despite what anybody says lol). And just the same I believe that if you don't know something as fact then it's hard acknowledge it. And if something can't be explained outside of theory (on both sides of the argument) it's hard to discredit it. It's a two way street. :)

But I haven't finished reading Dot's post so I'll be back! B)

formulating theory here! LOL

But I don't find this discussion to be all that antagonistic (Cause "Nobody puts Baby in the Corner" :lol:) not even in the slightest I kinda enjoy that Arma pushes, and Dot continuously questions. It forces me to not just accept my beliefs as facts but to think (although I do hold strongly to some beliefs despite what anybody says lol). And just the same I believe that if you don't know something as fact then it's hard acknowledge it. And if something can't be explained outside of theory (on both sides of the argument) it's hard to discredit it. It's a two way street. :)

But I haven't finished reading Dot's post so I'll be back! B)

Viva la Difference!

Dot has another post that I accidentally deleted. I am hoping she can repost from her saved copy. :)

Guest Dot
Dot, that sounds like a "crass generalisation" to me.

Maybe it is, but you'd think people would have some courtesy and say if they were busy thinking about it or... anything you mentioned there, Victoria. You're right; it could be anything, but usually people say when they're thinking about something or not - or they just don't know! :D (EDIT: Lol, I sounded grumpy. I was, but y'know... it's just frustrating sometimes when you're putting forth ideas and it doesn't seem like people listen. You all know what I mean, right?)

And it's okay to criticize, Victoria. No need to put those quotation marks around crass generalization. :P (EDIT: I just saw your other post... does the forum automatically save copies of posts somewhere?? :o I'm guessing not though, because I didn't save a copy, hehehehe. Like you said in your PM: "I hope you saved a copy" I didn't! :lol: )

But I don't find this discussion to be all that antagonistic (Cause "Nobody puts Baby in the Corner" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) not even in the slightest I kinda enjoy that Arma pushes, and Dot continuously questions. It forces me to not just accept my beliefs as facts but to think (although I do hold strongly to some beliefs despite what anybody says lol). And just the same I believe that if you don't know something as fact then it's hard acknowledge it. And if something can't be explained outside of theory (on both sides of the argument) it's hard to discredit it. It's a two way street. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks, Chiilli. :)

But I haven't finished reading Dot's post so I'll be back! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Victoria accidentally deleted it, so good look reading it... xD <.< Though I guess this is a lesson for me not to blab so much; maybe give my thoughts some structure and put them simply instead of going out of control and writing a million times more than I need to... -Is chipper.- I'll just summarize:

-Something that works for one person might not work for another; this goes for chakra systems, meditation practise, eating breakfast... :lol: But mainly chakra systems.

-All chakra systems are valid; it depends what works best for a certain individual. They work as a bridge for the consciousness to work with the spirit or unconsciousness (whatever) so whatever works for you... works! Regardless of the names or origins attached. It's how it can be applied that matters, in the end.

-I noticed that this picture I found: http://www.kheper.net/topics/subtlebody/ketheric.jpg [i hope the link's okay] reminded me of planets; or more specifically... black holes. It has a magnetic field with poles... so I was wondering if we're really more alike to the planets than we think and maybe that's how it all comes together astrologically. (lol... is that a word?) [in this realization I made a lame joke about the similarities between the planet's gravitational field, and that humans have their own gravity and work with the Law of Attraction (if you believe in that sort of thing.)] But then again, there's a lot I don't know about astrology (in fact, I know nothing!) so I have no way of saying how they all intermingle, but it was a funny thing I noticed... the field, that is, and it's similar to the planet's poles... hmm.

I can't remember much else what I put, but it was rambling. Oh yeah.

-Do energetic fields have a certain size simply because of how things turned out in this parallel (universe - as a result of chaos), or is it "universal" (haha) all over? Or does it change size or structure? Factors which could alter this could be the type of body being inhabited (animal? insect?)

The rest was just a bunch of questions... Those are the main bits I remember though. :P

And it's okay to criticize, Victoria. No need to put those quotation marks around crass generalization. :P

Oh, he he he

I put the QUOTATION MARKS because I was QUOTING Arma from another post in another thread! :lol:

About the copy I thought that you might have typed it up in a word doc. Some people do that so that if the computer freezes or the moderator thinks she's editing instead of replying :wacko: you have it all safe and sound. :angel:

Guest Dot
I put the QUOTATION MARKS because I was QUOTING Arma from another post in another thread! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Oops. x3

Guest Angel C

Dot, I hope you got some answers to your questions at the end of your first post in Grummy's post I quoted.

You asked in your first post "what is the point?". I can't answer for everyone but for me, I learned to read auras to help me with healing in gerneral, and Reiki in particular. Mainly I look out for dark or murky spots in a persons aura and where they appear in their auric field, but I also notice colours. If a chakra is underactive it may appear dull and if it is overactive may appear very large, seeming to hide the other chakras from my view. If I see a large patch of a chakra in a persons aura, I have to think about why that is.

Sometimes I sense them with my third eye (or minds eye), sometimes I actually see them and sometimes I see other colours other than those that represent the chakras. I take my colour meanings from Reiki mainly, and the meanings of the associated chakra, which should be quite universal. But I may also ask a person what the colour means to them.

I also can sense where healing is needed with my hands, but the vizual information comes in useful too.

I have to say though, that sometimes I can just pick out where a persons ailments are without consciously tuning into the aura in any way.

I have just said to them, without it even seeming to cross my mind first things like "have you had your appendix out" or "have you had an injury to your left hip", so if you get that anyway, perhaps I can see why you dont see the sense in seeing auras, right now, but Im sure it will make sense to you in the future. Especially since you mentioned being able to see a persons effect on their environment, that is really cool, and something I would love to hear more about - it makes sense too that it is mostly when they are aminated.

I only see auras when I actively tune in. I think it is my preferred method of receiving psychic information (my main learning preference is visual too) as I'm not keen on intrusive thoughts etc unless I am reading for someone or meditating, in other words, I asked spirit "Only when I tune in, please." I think with you its just a small part of a large jigsaw which will all start to make sense.

Occasionally I have seen other symbols, other than colours in auras too. I love seeing auras and people like to hear about their auras and about the colours and their meanings. I love to cleanse auras with crystals and advise people on how to make their auras stronger. Very soon I hope to be doing this for a living!!! :D

I will have a look later and see if there are any more of your questions I have some input on, but my experience is limited. If you do a search on auras and look out for posts by Grummy you may find some more information which I am sure she has taken during the course of her study from only the most reliable sources.

Guest Dot
Especially since you mentioned being able to see a persons effect on their environment, that is really cool, and something I would love to hear more about - it makes sense too that it is mostly when they are aminated.

No, not quite. I guess my rambling nonsense had no articulate structure. What I meant is that the aura seemed to move with a person (not really obviously, though) and had an after-image effect, though I'm not sure I'd call it a person's effect on their environment. I'm not even sure what that means.

If a chakra is underactive it may appear dull and if it is overactive may appear very large, seeming to hide the other chakras from my view.

I don't see chakras quite the way you do; in fact, I'm not even sure if I can see them at all! When I see things relating to chakras, I see a colour in my mind's eye. Or sometimes in readings I just see things that relate to the area of the body where the chakra (or simply a particular body part which needs particular attention). If you mean though that the chakras appear around a person, as in, they're not in their particular locations but all around the person; would you say it is this particular body part interacting with the set chakra? Erhm, maybe not. Or maybe it's just them mixing with particular systems. The thing is is that I understand completely what intuition you're talking about because I have it too when I'm doing Reiki (most times), but my question is why. Why are things this way? It seems reasonable to say that all chakra systems are valid, and they are. But to me they simply serve as a bridge for something else, and I feel like there's more to understand here... Sure, the systems can work if the user believes they do (all about intention after all) but is there a system underlying all these other systems which is the absolute basis? Is there some sort of programming in the DNA, or nervous system which allow certain energetic paths to exist? If so, what are they? How does it all work? Those are my questions, and things I want to find out (fo shure :P). After all, the chakra systems allow a way for the mind to understand the human body; it's not all wrong, but how -exactly- does our intention correlate with the effects it has on the body (in healing for example)? At what point does it cease to be a human gathered system and intention and organized into the deeper one? It's definitely at an unconscious level, and maybe the answer lies in the aura - but maybe it doesn't. I guess we'll have to see.

After all, it's completely reasonable to say that we don't have full understanding of this; after all, how much understanding to we have, collectively, as a human race at the moment? Not much at all. How much of the universe do we truly understand? Practically nothing (maybe I'm being pessimistic?), though what we do know is probably just the tip of the iceberg. How easy is it to access unconscious information in the psyche, and how accurate is it? How often do we actually do this? A lot of the time by accident; small blank spaces filled with intuitive force; or in meditation sometimes, but not all the time and when we want it. We have to train our minds, basically. If humanity had full control of their unconscious power, this world may as well not exist. Our conscious minds are filled with buzz and turmoil, and until we learn to control it and relinquish it we have no hope of accessing the full depths of our potential and of the knowledge... but those who do... ah... where are they? What are they doing? Spreading peace and ways to calm the mind. Don't get me wrong; there's no problem with that at all, in fact I encourage it. But there are other things we can know... I... -Sigh.- When people enter a new world, they come back with glorious gifts and fascinating stories that awe and inspire; but don't you think it's time we send a research team in to bring back the facts?

After all, don't people want to know?

I found this interesting article just then. I remember hearing about a machine that can "pick up" the chakras and... http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles/heali...icine_share.htm (Victoria, let me know before you delete the link, please) but then again you get something like this: http://www.thinkwithyourheart.net/chitchat...abble-td3428334 which is just... strange. If the .. I remember hearing something about when magnetic polarities switch then a hormone is released in the pineal gland which opens psychic ability or something. That kind of goes with a theory of 2012, and the poles switching. They say (scientists I mean) humans have a kind of "in built" compass (actually, many animals do - they use it for migrating a lot of the time and finding their way) and the polarities of the Earth switching would seriously mess this up. :P

The thing with this machine though is while they say it picks up chakras, it... hmm. I probably should read it again but the dude mentioned something about body parts which released certain energy which was similar to the chakras? Did I read that wrong? I should probably read it again; but it's interesting, don't you think?

If you do a search on auras and look out for posts by Grummy you may find some more information which I am sure she has taken during the course of her study from only the most reliable sources.

Will do, but I think an easier way to do it is to search for the posts by member, not search word. I think "aura" is too vague and would come up with a lot of stuff... and since it's Grummy's posts I'm looking for... :D