Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Victoria

Develop your clairaudience

Here are some exercises I used to do when I first wanted to develop my abilities... I still practise them now and again. :)

You can do this first one anywhere -- when you are meditating, walking, on public transport... wherever and whenever. B)

It's easy... take a few deep grounding breaths and then focus on the sounds and noises closest to you: listen for your own breathing, the sound of the traffic or the wind in the trees.

Gradually 'push' your hearing out so that you can hear things in the distance, further and further. Now focus on the sound of a vehicle and follow it till you can no longer hear it.

Another one which is good for people who like music (I've grown to crave silence) is to listen to your favourite CD and see if you can isolate the sounds of the various instruments and/ or individual voices. I'm not musical, but I imagine you could take this further by homing in on particular notes.

Or try this: gradually turn down the television and notice how your hearing compensates. Keep turning it until it is so low that it is almost inaudible and see if you can understand what is being said.

Put your radio or TV on when foreign language shows are being broadcast and just let them play in the background while you go about your daily routine. See how there are times when you 'know' what they are saying. :P

I have some visualisations for hearing the voices of the spirit, too. Several I wrote for a workshop some years ago -- when I have time I will type one up and post it.

Meanwhile, enjoy your journey of discovery. :D

©VF2000--2010

Victoria :)

What a great post really interesting to read and will certainly be trying out some of your examples whilst meditating and while out and about

Thankyou for sharing with everyone

Blessings Terri

Hey Victoria ^_^

I found these key points really helpful and interesting . . As I have learnt something new so now I will definitely practice this .

Thankyou so much . . :P

Hey Victoria ^_^

I found these key points really helpful and interesting . . As I have learnt something new so now I will definitely practice this .

Thankyou so much . . :P

Thank you for the feedback.

How's it going with you in this area of your life? :angel:

Guest Paige

Hi Victoria,

I'm going to go out for a walk soon, and I'm going to try out that first exercise while I'm walking.

Guest Paige

I tried it, and, boy, was it ever difficult! I could only do it for a few seconds at a time, and then would always end up losing focus and/or retreating into my inner self chatter. I'll continue to work at it, though. It was really interesting. When I was really focused, I forgot that I was even there. I didn't exist. All that existed were the sounds I was listening to. And I seemed to enjoy that.

This is exactly what I need. I have been able to see things from time to time, but never really focused or tried to nurture this ability. Sometimes I try, but get frustrated as it seems the harder I try to focus on something, the less accurate I am. I will definately be giving this a try!

I was just reading a book that said we must exact our physical senses in order for our extra-senory perceptions to develop. This is just what I have been looking to for. I am sure to make a habit of being mindful of these things through out my day. Thanks for posting.

Guest Paige

I'm going to try to be more consistent in doing this exercise. It's a tough one, but practice is the key!

My development with this is weird then, one day i just heard a voice in my head, and I have to add being a mental health spirit guides have to have a sense of humor cause thats just not cool lol. They just chatted like a phone conversation.

I immediately thought I was developing schizophrenia. It makes me wonder how many people who r awakening are being institutionalized.

I realized it was not schizophrenia when they things started happening.

CC