Universal Psychic Guild Forum
butterfly1

Question about Communications with Deceased?

I have a question that always comes to my mind when I hear of communication with or channeling of a deceased loved one.

Why does the deceased not tell the medium or channeler events that happened AFTER their transition. Like when they observe the loved ones they have left. Like what happened right when they left or what you did that night, what you wore to the funeral, how you handled arrangements and whether they approved, etc, etc?

Why do they not speak of things like that?

The ones that have come to me,describe seeing people very mad and shocked,but report it was a diferent state of mind,and then they walked through something very thin,the vail I suppose. I don't know about funeral arrangements, or anything like that. I know they can see anything,but in the short amount of time they have to say what they need to,I think they want to address things more important than that. Such as a man who came to me in spirit. He did not give me his name,he held a large number,and told me how he crossed,but not about anything after. I was told that during the life review they go through in the next world,you see some of the future,it's different because there is no time there. So it's possible that they weren't there to see the funeral,or anything like that. My thoughts anyway,hope this was in some way helpful.

Hi Butterfly1, this is just a general reply,i am no expert, but felt i wanted to reply just in general. I have had a few readings over the years,some more informing than others.Looking back i guess it could have been less informative due to how i was feeling at the time,or if i was expecting a message from 1 particular person it never came, maybe i was blocking others from communicating or i was too tense,not sure.I now find that if i go with no expectations and just with love in my heart,then the messages seem to flow.I go to a local spirit church which i find very calming in itself,and a few days before i go i send a thought to family friends and loved ones in spirit just to let them know i will be there,that may sound a little mad but it seems to work. You don't actually mention if the medium gave you any message that you related to? Maybe they are like Councillors,it may take a couple to find the one that is right for you.Sincere wishes to you, i do sense your disappointment,don't give up hope or faith.xx

I have a question that always comes to my mind when I hear of communication with or channeling of a deceased loved one.

Why does the deceased not tell the medium or channeler events that happened AFTER their transition. Like when they observe the loved ones they have left. Like what happened right when they left or what you did that night, what you wore to the funeral, how you handled arrangements and whether they approved, etc, etc?

That's a really good question butterfly. Golddust and Sparklyy both gave insightful answers. Golddust's advice about letting go of expectations and letting it flow is definitely worth a try.

I don't know. My first response was something akin to Sparklyy's -- maybe they were just too busy getting ready to go and crossing over. That makes sense to me.

But if, as I believe, eternity is set out around us in a timeless continuum, then couldn't the one departed 'see' the past?

Hmmm... I like conundrums. I'll probably think about it for a while. :unsure:

From my personal experiences, it seems like they had a lot of emotion going on during that time...maybe it's not a comfortable subject for them. I recently read on a medium who had experiences nearly like mine, she too said that when people go into the afterlife they still maintain who they are as a person and are still able to feel those feelings and have their personalities from that lifetime remain (and they're probably more intense at the beginning when everything is new to them, not when they're more knowledgeable later on...) Later on they're busier with other tasks and choices, and when you speak to them they probably assume it would be more useful for you to know the things they decide to tell you, that it will be beneficial in some way to you.

Hope this helps!

xx Lavender

(and regarding whether they approve or not: if you do something with love, I really doubt even if they didn't find it aesthetically pleasing that they would mention it! They love their families too much!)

seriously have had the experience of asking spirits ive been in contact with certain questions, e.g., about afterlife and they "say" 'i cannot respond to that' or something to that effect. you know they dont really speek in words (i dont think) so i just think the relationship between that world and this one is such that certain blocks are firmly in place.

oh and also well i dont think they care about a lot of these mundane things. sometimes i do get a message like, "he loves to watch you knit" or something like that. but generally they are more about communicating their love and peace. those are the main feelings i usually get. so to say something like "what a lame funeral" i dont think they would do because they have moved on from events of this life, they are really of no concern to them anymore x

Thank you all for taking time to answer my silly questions. I am not disappointed in my readings I have had...I just was looking for something specific that happened the night Mom died. I was just hoping she would reveal that and then I would know for certain that she lives on and I would see her again one day rather than to have to decipher through various things.

I have only one answer to that, and it is unpleasant - the medium in question is not genuinely communicating with the departed.

I say this because I see absolutely no reason, be it moral, mechanical or spiritual, that this information could not be communicated if such a contact was truly made, unless it was knowledge that the medium was not capable of understanding and therefore unable to communicate.

I actually believe they don't 'see' at all... it's all about our mind... the energy is linked to our mind to 'see' what is going on in all of us....

I believe they can tell what is going on 'after'... its just some things are more important than other things... I don't think there are too many boundaries they can't reach...

I will say this, to get people (family/friends) to believe what Im 'about' to tell them (something happening in their lives 'right now' or something that potentially may unfold in the 'future'), I ask for something I don't know to tell them, which always comes from a past event...

I have only one answer to that, and it is unpleasant - the medium in question is not genuinely communicating with the departed.

I say this because I see absolutely no reason, be it moral, mechanical or spiritual, that this information could not be communicated if such a contact was truly made, unless it was knowledge that the medium was not capable of understanding and therefore unable to communicate.

is this an objective or subjective statement? with some spirits it is just rude/wrong to keep asking questions, it is better to let them guide it, energentically...

also some spirits may not want to talk about certian things. sometimes when i respond to posts like this i tune in to the energy of the entity in question, i think it makes for a more helpful answer...

Guest Angel C

Thank you all for taking time to answer my silly questions. I am not disappointed in my readings I have had...I just was looking for something specific that happened the night Mom died. I was just hoping she would reveal that and then I would know for certain that she lives on and I would see her again one day rather than to have to decipher through various things.

Hi Butterfly, when I read this I got a picture in my head of blue liquid and someone knocking over a vase of flowers...does that make any sense to you?

is this an objective or subjective statement? with some spirits it is just rude/wrong to keep asking questions, it is better to let them guide it, energentically...

also some spirits may not want to talk about certian things. sometimes when i respond to posts like this i tune in to the energy of the entity in question, i think it makes for a more helpful answer...

My statement is nothing more than speculation. My personal experience with spirits and spiritual communication has been so completely different from the experiences I see shared here that I don't think I can make an objective statement on this particular subject.

On speculation, why do you think it might be that spirits of the departed, who by all accounts have completed their lives and shed their attachments to it, would consider questions about them rude? What basis would a spirit, which may not even possess taboos that we would recognize because it is not part of our society, have for perceiving rudeness?

Just think of it like spiritual bootcamp. When you go to bootcamp, you feel pulled away from loved ones and thrown into this new, exciting, terrifying place, very confused, helpless, and you don't know the ropes yet.

In that time, someone else is watching those events you mention unless they really need to send a message because something's really wrong or didn't have closure to it, or being resistant and stubborn, in denial that they died, or can't figure out what it takes to let go of gravity's pull.

It's not like Huckleberry Finn hiding in the church watching his funeral.

We never really know when we're being watched, or who at that time is watching, except for the few who are able to see or hear them.

Unless you lost your mom at a young age, your mom lives through you, inside you, and can probably get a good idea of what she would say regarding your question. If it's something specific like where something is located, it is hard to say how that outcome will turn out, or who on the other side knows or doesn't know.

A funeral is for us to celebrate their life and get the feelings of loss out of our system. A funeral for someone who crossed over is irrlevant, there's nothing they can do about how they look or what they wear, BUT there are times when a son or daughter has a feeling something's not going well at the funeral parlor, and their suspicions are confirmed. Maybe they made grandma look nothing like how you remember her, and it's the day before, and something told you you had to check it out. It might not be grandma - it might be grandpa, or a family member that's over there telling you via intuition. You think that's coincidence?

My family has gone to psychics looking to hear from my grandparents, but I know that they're not prominent in my life. They're there, but not in the forefront. They lived a long life and were ready to go when they did. But there are other people who had been in my life that I have unresolved issues with, and they seem to be the ones who are more present in my life, and have been for a while.

You may need to have your guide find out for you and be patient with the answer. It may take repeated questioning.

My statement is nothing more than speculation. My personal experience with spirits and spiritual communication has been so completely different from the experiences I see shared here that I don't think I can make an objective statement on this particular subject.

On speculation, why do you think it might be that spirits of the departed, who by all accounts have completed their lives and shed their attachments to it, would consider questions about them rude? What basis would a spirit, which may not even possess taboos that we would recognize because it is not part of our society, have for perceiving rudeness?

I was just thinking about this, and why would the spirts of our loved ones be any different than what they were like when they were alive. maybe some questions are things they are still uncomfortable with, they may not want to answer, because they feel there protecting you, See, just like all of us, we have all grown up protecting people for the most part. All of us, from the profiles i have read, protected the less fortunate, animals ect. there hole life, and mostly are humble people here. I think thats what makes us who we are, one of the counterparts, of the differences from the rest of society. We, notice when the door get slamed in a handicap's face, or a poor kitten is on the side of a road getting ready to get run over, we are sensatives, born that way. Thank the spirts above, and blessing i can say.... thank you over and over for this. but, the souls that have passed are not us, they are still aunt millie, or gramma, and they still have the soul they died with. and the protective soul they died with. with your name stamped on it. So, they are not being a rude soul but a protective soul. and may not give you or us the sign you may be wanting , because they see it as a bad sign, and still trying to protect there littel grand daughter. or son. all the blessings to all of you, you all saved my life, I have been looking for people that are just like me. since i been a littel girl, and isolated myself, because being so sensative it is hard to live amonst those less sensative, and that hurt others, but in the world it is called the norm. but in my world it is far from the norm and in makes my ora, and soul feel heavy and intollerable , to the point i have to turn and walk, but if i see abuse of children , i do not turn , i act. and that is not what society is not used to, but again they are not used to me. and never well be. blessings. rebirth 1.

They can do things pretty fast after they pass, but I think they are more concerned with loved ones and them being alright than talking to a medium at that time. so they would probably prefer direct contact instead of a 3rd party if they could. I have talked to them a couple of months later, but not usually right after they die, except with my Mom, it was within the first week. My Mom also told my Sister if she could she would tap her on the shoulder at her wake, and that is exactly what happened. There was also this really cool butterfly at her service that sat on top of the flowers on the coffin even though it was extremely windy in the cemetery and it should have been blown away. Not only did it stay it went from flower to flower on the circular arrangement so everybody standing there on all sides got the opportunity to see it (my Mom loved butterflies).

For over a year my Mom kept coming around, she would do things to my sisters computer, play with her hair, turn my stereo on and off, show up in our chats (she loved online chatting too), sent more butterflies, told me about a rainbow they would see as a sign, and as my other sister's plane was landing to see my sister on the 1st anniversary of her death, that was when the rainbow showed up.

My Mom was just like when she was alive, they all are.

I know some say it has to be "x" number of months and this and that condition before you can talk, but I contacted a guy who committed suicide (supposed to be very difficult to do) 2 months later for his daughters and he gave me very good verification for them to know it was real.

I guess what I am saying is don't try to limit or define it, just let it be what it is. Some can communicate sooner, some can't, some get directly through, some need the channel, but there is no one right way, whatever way accomplishes the task is the way.

They do.

Guest charless
My Mom was just like when she was alive, they all are.

June - in your experience does death bring any kind of wisdom or knowledge to the spirit? Or is death treated as just another experience, like visiting a strange land?

To answer the original question,my uncle passed many years ago who never believed in life after death and promised my mother to let her know if there was another life.

The message she received was 'How lovely the Holly wreaths were.'

He passed at Xmas and there were many holly wreaths at his funeral.

Lovely.

Bluespirit