Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Victoria

A Modern Take on Tarot

Thank you for signing up for this innovative, and I hope stimulating, course. :wub:

The course is designed for the concurrent use of two decks: the traditional Rider-Waite one and a lovely new deck called the Tarot of the New Vision. They work beautifully in conjunction with each other to give an additional dimension to the pictures you can see. The Tarot of the New Vision is drawn from the point of view of what is behind the figures on the original Rider-Waite illustrations.

TarotoftheNewVision_2jpg.jpg

To me this gives a 'solid' 3D reality to the little worlds of insight and psychic perception which the cards can open for us.

For this reason I ask that you make the investment and buy both these decks. Those with other types of tarot decks will be able to use them in another strand of this Tarot Course, but for now, so that we can all work together, please buy the decks and consider them an investment in your future. :)

rider-waite-deck1copy-1.jpg

A word about the cards

There are all sorts of rules about Tarot cards and how to handle them, where to put them when they aren't in use and how to cleanse them.

As with anything in the psychic and spiritual arenas the important thing is that you do what is right for you. If it feels as though the cards are calling to you to put them under your pillow and sleep in (on? LOL)them, then do that!

If you hear the cards engaging in a monologue with you as you go about your daily routine then join in -- turn it into a dialogue. :)

Wrap them in Japanese silk embroidered with cherry blossoms and storks or enfold them in homespun cheesecloth made into a neat little parcel and tied with a piece of purple leather if you want to.

Whatever feels right for you, well that's okay. :wub:

The same goes for cleansing": you can put a crystal with them, smudge them with sage or sprinkle them with sea light (!) salt(?). Leave them out under a full moon with a couple of crystals or shine divine light on them.

One thing I will suggest (maybe even insist :P !) you do at least for the duration of the course is this:

DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TOUCH THEM.

Go buy your decks then come back and write your story about your meeting with this most famous and widely used means of divination. :wub:

All right..... I am ready to learn basics of tarots. I most likely am not a practitioner of cards but want to know more about the symbolics.

All right..... I am ready to learn basics of tarots. I most likely am not a practitioner of cards but want to know more about the symbolics.

Welcome to the course. :wub:

Learning about the traditional symbolism and deciding on our own interpretation is an important part of the course.

Do you have the cards, light? :angel:

Welcome to the course. :wub:

Learning about the traditional symbolism and deciding on our own interpretation is an important part of the course.

Do you have the cards, light? :angel:

No i do not but I know most of the cards, I have them mentally. I know some of the alchemical history of the cards and need to fill in some of the blanks mentally.

They're here! :dance:

Okay..a couple of questions Sisi if you don't mind me asking. I haven't opened them yet because I wasn't sure what to do with them once I did...where to put them etc. Are there rules for that and what are they and why? I'm also wondering why no one else should handle them? I also ordered a book that the artist/inventor of the deck wrote explaining the symbolism for each of the cards. I kind of skimmed through parts of it, but read through the explanations for each card in the deck. It was really interesting and MUCH different than I expected that's for sure! There is no way I could understand and memorize it all in a day..but it really helped to familiarize me and at least give me an idea of what I was seeing. :)

They're here! :dance:

Okay..a couple of questions Sisi if you don't mind me asking. I haven't opened them yet because I wasn't sure what to do with them once I did...where to put them etc. Are there rules for that and what are they and why? I'm also wondering why no one else should handle them? I also ordered a book that the artist/inventor of the deck wrote explaining the symbolism for each of the cards. I kind of skimmed through parts of it, but read through the explanations for each card in the deck. It was really interesting and MUCH different than I expected that's for sure! There is no way I could understand and memorize it all in a day..but it really helped to familiarize me and at least give me an idea of what I was seeing. :)

He he he

I didn't open mine immediately either.

It's totally up to you where you put them and what you do with them. (See my first post).

Mine are sitting in an empty perfume box (!) on my desk behind my computer.

I suggest not letting others touch them so that the energy remains your own. :)