Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Guest charless

Let's create our own reality

Is what we believe really just in our minds....I don't think our beliefs make us who we are....I think our minds believe that our beliefs make us who we are...And if we take away our minds do we still exist?.....We exsist not in a mental thought, but in a spiritual sense...Our minds want to hold onto our belief system, because i think that without that, our minds think that we will cease to exist....Will we?....Maybe as Angel said if our beliefs and what we disbelieve are taken away...What is left....Is it our true essence?...I tend to think yes....If we went right back to when we were born and grew up with a different set of beliefs would we be altimately the same?...I think our souls are always the same, but our believe system changes how we view life....Will we altimately end up the very same in the end?...Regardless of what we believe...Or that of our destiny...like in the movie with Gweneth Paltrow..Sliding Doors....It dosen't matter what road we take....We altimately end up on the same course...Is this the same thing...Kind of...But in aspiritual sense.....I guess by trying this little exercise, it might give us a little insight on this subject...Star x

Guest charless

Is what we believe really just in our minds....I don't think our beliefs make us who we are....I think our minds believe that our beliefs make us who we are...And if we take away our minds do we still exist?.....We exsist not in a mental thought, but in a spiritual sense...Our minds want to hold onto our belief system, because i think that without that, our minds think that we will cease to exist....Will we?....Maybe as Angel said if our beliefs and what we disbelieve are taken away...What is left....Is it our true essence?...I tend to think yes....If we went right back to when we were born and grew up with a different set of beliefs would we be altimately the same?...I think our souls are always the same, but our believe system changes how we view life....Will we altimately end up the very same in the end?...Regardless of what we believe...Or that of our destiny...like in the movie with Gweneth Paltrow..Sliding Doors....It dosen't matter what road we take....We altimately end up on the same course...Is this the same thing...Kind of...But in aspiritual sense.....I guess by trying this little exercise, it might give us a little insight on this subject...Star x

It depends. It's a fairly popular idea that we create our own reality and that reality is dependent upon what we believe. If that's true then we are more or less what we believe. I think belief is very often just a convenience for us, and discarding these conveniences would be quite liberating - in the sense that we would be less restricted. I think we have to learn to play with 'reality' in much the same way as we did when we were children. But now our play should be free of sensible adults who direct us and give us sensible answers that kill our sense of adventure and wonder.

We are changing all the time as we encounter new information. Is our true selves the part of us that never ever changes?

We are changing all the time as we encounter new information. Is our true selves the part of us that never ever changes?

I tend to believe that our true selves is the part that never changes...And our minds make the world that we live...Meaning how we pecieve things and our reactions to situations.....What do you think?...Star

Guest Angel C

I more or less think the same Star. But then I wonder if being on earth somehow strengthens who we are. As an individual, but as a whole, also. Or in a variety of different ways.

Its hard to explain what I mean, but connecting with our spirit, and living from our spirit, being true to ourselves, to me, is what starts the strengthening.

Edit: or maybe thats just me, maybe I am here to find strength!

I tend to believe that our true selves is the part that never changes...And our minds make the world that we live...Meaning how we pecieve things and our reactions to situations.....What do you think?...Star

I agree 100%

Guest charless

I'm inclined to to think we're a work in progress and this is one of the processes. If we're already perfect or permanently created why bother with this?

I more or less think the same Star. But then I wonder if being on earth somehow strengthens who we are. As an individual, but as a whole, also. Or in a variety of different ways.

Its hard to explain what I mean, but connecting with our spirit, and living from our spirit, being true to ourselves, to me, is what starts the strengthening.

Edit: or maybe thats just me, maybe I am here to find strength!

This is a notion that we have had many hearty debates about in the past, isn't it? It is interesting to watch each other's perspectives evolve, as we absorb new information.

The idea that the human experience somehow strengthens or improves an individual on the spiritual scale is interesting. This requires that our spiritual aspect be subject to change. It also requires that our spiritual aspect is not perfect by default. It if was, we could not improve ourselves. We would have no room for improvement.

The popular alternative is that we are infinite, absolute, and yet somehow subject to a perpetual boredom that drives us to limit ourselves in such an arbitrary way that allows for the illusion of discovery and experience. And all the while, under this idea, we've already done it all. Imagine reading a book, and forgetting every word, just so you could read it again. That's a good simplification of this philosophy. I find this truly perverse. But the real reason I strongly doubt this theory, is that I don't believe that an absolute being would have any kind of experiential need or drive.

That, and there are too many weaknesses of character in human souls for me to take the notion that we are perfect beings seriously. Perhaps it would be better for me to say that the weaknesses of the soul are made known through weaknesses of character, in the human being. How can one identify a weakness in the soul? One must examine how that soul lives life, and is subject to it. The strong identify the aspects of the human condition that burden them most. They labor against the attributes of the human being they inhabit, when these attributes compel to them to do wrong. Morality is the strength by which incarnate souls resist and redefine the instinctive burdens the human organism places upon them. A moral individual seeks truth, and abhors illusion. That is strength.

What then, is weakness? All the world is full of good intentions, that are swallowed up by the human condition. Vows of love are broken by the same force of desire that drove them to be made. Strong, wise people are laid low by petty hatreds. The goals we make for ourselves are besieged by fear and want, and the best of us stumbles in their path with regularity. This is weakness. And what alternative is there to explain the evil things that the rigors of the human condition can do to us? Am I to believe that we are all of equal strength, and that fortune and whimsy dictates who has unbearable burdens of instinctive aggression, fear and desire placed upon them? Where is the lesson in that? How would we improve from such a disparate experience?

Yes, there's room for improvement.

But where does this improvement occur? Why do we need it? What hardships have we; will we face, that necessitate we possess improved strength of will? And would we learn and improve from the human experience more, if we had this information regarding our origins, to give context to our struggles?

I also tend to agree with Angel c...That we are here on earth to strengthen ouselves....Not sure why or how really..Maybe we need to while we are here inhabiting a foreign land...It does feel alien to some extent..I try not to write by what i have seen, read, heard or any other form...but by writing from me..Withn...How i feel..So that could be debatable to i guess..Do deep deep down do we all feel the same...Do ours minds confuse us into thinking more..And not letting our true inner guidance lead the way?...Do we feel differently after our minds have told us something...Or created a senario for us....Of course...Maybe if we let go of our minds...The inner voice that is indeed there will set the path before us...Letting go of our minds, therefore the feeling we get after our minds have told us something....We altimately confuse and distract us from being connected to our true source...But the feeling we get when we let go of our minds...Let go and let god...(as they say)...Truly is an amazing thing..That deep contentment...Peace..Surreal abundant love...Amazing really

..It kind of takes me back to the beginning of the Bible...(Not that i read it)...But there is alot of metapyhoric truth in some of the scriptures...When we were first created we were inded made perfect..Perfect to inhabit and enjoy a perfect world..Like heaven really..(Is there heaven on earth)..I see it alot of the time...Between the gaps of no mind..And the peace in nature..Then..as we went along living and enjoying the perfect world that was made for us...Along comes sneaky serpent...(Mind)...Maybe if you had this you wuld be much happier..Our mind trying to decieve us into believing we need more...When infact we don't...We can feel deep down that we don't need more..We have everything that we need...But that tricky serpent trying to decieve and twist and contort the truth, ultimately wins..And thus creates the reality in which we live now...The negativity of this world...

Maybe we were truly sent here so we could live and breath like our first desendants...And think and feel as they did and go through the trials and tribulations of this world...With both..Heaven being here and also hell...Metapyhorically speaking...We need to see and feel for ourselves what it is like and and ultimately find the truth within us...Maybe it takes others a long time and others just get it straight away....I don't know, it really up to each and every one of us to decide...My thoughts only...

Have you every seen people...Or know people that are just really happy...Their spirit just glows with love...People with so much to offer and the world is at their feet...As we say...Then for reasons unknow to us and our minds they are taken away...Back home...As we call it...And our minds try and understand why..Why them..Maybe they were sent to teach and show us the way back home...In love..In peace..In truth..Their spirit shining before us...Look i am just a mere mortal living in a world with my own ideas and concepts, trying to best understand the unexplainable....But i know through no mind..No thought...I am free...Free to just be me...What about you...Do you also feel the same?...I believe he truth lies there...Well i have started the day letting go and letting god and i hope shapes the rest of my day in loving truth...My thoughts only...Love and light to you all...Star x :D

Speaking within the context of Old Testament mythology, we would not have come to know ourselves without that much maligned serpent. It tempted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of knowledge. Without it, we would still be in that lovely garden, being and doing lovely nothing.

That whole passage seems dreadfully out of context. I have read it several times. It still doesn't make sense, even as a metaphor. How could self-awareness be an evil?

Guest charless
..It kind of takes me back to the beginning of the Bible...(Not that i read it)...But there is alot of metapyhoric truth in some of the scriptures...When we were first created we were inded made perfect..Perfect to inhabit and enjoy a perfect world..Like heaven really..(Is there heaven on earth)..I see it alot of the time...Between the gaps of no mind..And the peace in nature..Then..as we went along living and enjoying the perfect world that was made for us...Along comes sneaky serpent...(Mind)...Maybe if you had this you wuld be much happier..Our mind trying to decieve us into believing we need more...When infact we don't...We can feel deep down that we don't need more..We have everything that we need...But that tricky serpent trying to decieve and twist and contort the truth, ultimately wins..And thus creates the reality in which we live now...The negativity of this world...

According to Christians the issue was rebellion and disobedience - The Fall Of Adam & Eve

It's quite a telling passage I think if you take God as a metaphor for the place we inhabit. Don't step out of line!

I do understand what you mean Armadodecadron...That if we were still in the beautiful place to inhabit..We would be just walking around just doing nothing!...Pretty boring really...It is a hard question to answer...Why we all are really here.....I think we are meant to truly enjoy our time here on earth...Doing and being the best that we can...I do think though at times knowledge can be our own worst enemy...In some cases that is...The more we know...The more some tend to think they are better than others, because they do indded know more...Our minds can be very destructive at times..But on the other hand...If we train it well, we can accomplish many great things...Do you think though if we didn't eat from he tree of life...Where would we be now...Would we still be walking around bored...or would we be living in complete love...Enjoying the fruits of our labour..Loving one another...Being at peace with all things...Celebrating and enjoying the beauty of everything without negativity and hatered...Being loving intimate with others, without all the drama...I guess we are not in that world....Maybe we will never be...Or do we really want to be...Do we have a choice in how we truly want to live our lives...Or is it all just chance?...Charless when you talk about the tree of good and evil...Do you really think that it is just that...Good and evil...Or is it more about opposites...I don't mean evil in a bad way...More along the lines off, when we are so tormented by our own minds...being (evil)...does that ultimately destroy us...Or make us stronger...I guess going through bad stuff in our lives we can definately turn it round to a positive....I guess it is a choice to how you want to live your life...I don't believe we will ever be condemned for ever making the wrong choices in life..because i don't tink there really is any wrong choices...It just is what it is...Whos to really know why we are here or what we are meant to do with our time.....We could all just sit around and look up at the stars and ponder or we could be actively involved in our own reality...What is reality...What we see with our eyes...what we think with our minds....What we feel within our hearts...maybe all three...Do we have a choice?...Or is it all just as it is...Fate?...Time will tell i guess....and when i have answered that question i will sure to let everyone else know too...Save my fingers getting sore..Writing on this keyboard all the time....May truth, peace and love guide us all and may lies, torment, and hatred mirror all that we need to know...without the opposites would we really know and feel what they altimately are?....Star ;) x

It's the fruit of knowledge. It is responsible for our rise to intelligence and self-awareness, which are the only readily visible things that distinguish us from our animal friends. Adam and Eve did not realize their own nakedness until they ate from the fruit of knowledge. This metaphor is quite clear in its meaning. The fruit of knowledge gave us the capacity to observe ourselves. Ergo, self awareness.

If you would like to trade all of that in order to revert to the animal state, by all means, try.

Guest charless
Charless when you talk about the tree of good and evil...Do you really think that it is just that...Good and evil...

I didn't put the link there because I agree with what's said - it's just a piece of info about how Christians see it. As far as those who claim the Old Testament as their own document are concerned the eating of the fruit was an act of rebellion, which tells us a lot about the God of the Old Testament. I do however think the God they talk about is not some sort of super-person but the place and the space (consciously, energetically and existentially) that we inhabit.

Do you think that self awareness and our source of being...(that inner voice) are the same thing....Is knowledge really self awareness...Is knowledge just stuff we learn...Or is self awareness from that same universal energy that created us....When i think about self awareness....I can't...more along the lines of i feel it...Feeling that inner wisdom...From every cell in our bodies, it is aware of itself..it knows what it needs to do..without knowledge of doing anything...It is aware without being aware...It does what it needs to do...We have universal intelligence that is beyond our comprehension...Intelligence that we cannot comprehend with our minds....But the awarness that is deep within that knows everything....Everything about us...From every hair on our head..to every molecule and cell....I don't know if we recieved this after we ate from the fruit of knowledge!...or that we were manifested with it, already part of who we were...When we were created...If the universal energy is supreme inteligence...And we were made from that same source..Don't we also have that same intelligence within us...Then i guess that that means that if we are from that universal energy and that energy is self awarness and universal intelligence arnen't they altimately the same thing.....Maybe we are just not in allignment with that source completly....If we were, we could all heal ourselves comletely....Because our cells are always changing....Moving around...I think we all own that power...that beautiful energy...we just need to feel it, listen to it, and do what it knows best...

If we had no knowledge at all....mean being born brain dead, or something along those lines...Would we still be that divine spiritual being that we were created...would that change the fact...Would knowledge change who we were deep down..To that self awareness that is...Alive...Knowing everything without really knowing( from our minds point of view) anything.......Just though i had....Well i hope this brings light on this subect...Because it has me...I've been amazed at the insight i have recieve while writing this...Love and light :dance: to you all...Satr x

Guest charless

I think our self awareness is very limited - we are like ripples in water where each ripple believes itself to be separate from every other ripple and from the water itself. My question is not about purpose, it's much simpler - what am I? If we knew this the other questions would probably vanish.

Do you think that self awareness and our source of being...(that inner voice) are the same thing....Is knowledge really self awareness...Is knowledge just stuff we learn...Or is self awareness from that same universal energy that created us....When i think about self awareness....I can't...more along the lines of i feel it...Feeling that inner wisdom...From every cell in our bodies, it is aware of itself..it knows what it needs to do..without knowledge of doing anything...It is aware without being aware...It does what it needs to do...We have universal intelligence that is beyond our comprehension...Intelligence that we cannot comprehend with our minds....But the awarness that is deep within that knows everything....Everything about us...From every hair on our head..to every molecule and cell....I don't know if we recieved this after we ate from the fruit of knowledge!...or that we were manifested with it, already part of who we were...When we were created...If the universal energy is supreme inteligence...And we were made from that same source..Don't we also have that same intelligence within us...Then i guess that that means that if we are from that universal energy and that energy is self awarness and universal intelligence arnen't they altimately the same thing.....Maybe we are just not in allignment with that source completly....If we were, we could all heal ourselves comletely....Because our cells are always changing....Moving around...I think we all own that power...that beautiful energy...we just need to feel it, listen to it, and do what it knows best...

If we had no knowledge at all....mean being born brain dead, or something along those lines...Would we still be that divine spiritual being that we were created...would that change the fact...Would knowledge change who we were deep down..To that self awareness that is...Alive...Knowing everything without really knowing( from our minds point of view) anything.......Just though i had....Well i hope this brings light on this subect...Because it has me...I've been amazed at the insight i have recieve while writing this...Love and light :dance: to you all...Satr x

I find general agreement with what you have written here, except for your statement that it cannot be comprehended with a human mind. It can, and it must.

I think our self awareness is very limited - we are like ripples in water where each ripple believes itself to be separate from every other ripple and from the water itself. My question is not about purpose, it's much simpler - what am I? If we knew this the other questions would probably vanish.

I too agree that we are all like ripples in the ocean...We all come from the same source, being of the sea (metaphyorically speaking)...and we are all ripples in the vast expanse of water...The same energy...We are all connected, because we are all from the same place, the same source and all of those ripples are interconnected to each other, riding the wave of life..Or rather creating the wave of life, each of us, in our own way...But altimately together...If one ripple was slightly bigger wouldn't that created enough energy to make the other ripples slightly bigger...and so forth...( i don't know what i am getting at there)...Not enough sleep...I might get back to this later..When i am more awake..Star x

Guest charless
If one ripple was slightly bigger wouldn't that created enough energy to make the other ripples slightly bigger...and so forth

Yes, and this is very important, because our supposedly individual decisions, preferences, perceptions etc aren't actually individual. For example, we have many thoughts that don't originate with our good selves, at least not in this place, time and way of seeing. A rather grotesque analogy occurs to me so I'll say it, we're like one of the heads on a many headed Hydra, in which head does the idea originate? (yes, I prefer the water analogy too but in the interests of balance ... :lol: )

Yes, and this is very important, because our supposedly individual decisions, preferences, perceptions etc aren't actually individual. For example, we have many thoughts that don't originate with our good selves, at least not in this place, time and way of seeing. A rather grotesque analogy occurs to me so I'll say it, we're like one of the heads on a many headed Hydra, in which head does the idea originate? (yes, I prefer the water analogy too but in the interests of balance ... :lol: )

And its a little like..If none of the heads agree on anything...They argue and fight and don't really get anywhere..But if they put their own ideas to the side for a bit and work together, flowing together, understanding each other and knowing why they believed and thought what they did...Then this is the ultimate breakthrough i think...When we work against the flow of things, nothing really gets achieved and it creates more confusion and suffering for all involved...But when work together, letting things flow naturally... like how a ripple in the water moves effortlessly, without force...So to must we work with that some force...not fight against it...But work with it...I tink that the more that we create resistance against things, the more they are pushed on to us...When we take that resistance away...Is that ultimately peace...Surrender...Surrender to that flowing force....That universal wisdom....That which is the ocean..the life force...That which created the first ripple...and we to are of the same source, that same ripple that was first created....Does this make any sence at all.....Star x

Guest charless

star, it makes sense to me too, although I have always been very uncomfortable with the idea of surrender. I guess this is because I don't see existence as uniformly good or positive although it's possible this is because I keep banging into the resistance you talk about. I certainly think cooperation with positive energies is the way to go.

It also makes me think about a pearl necklace...Each of the pearls representing each of us....The strand that connects all together is the universal life force. We all have that universal life force as it is within our souls......We are all linked together, if we were not linked together we wouldn't be a beautiful pearl necklace, just a pearl on its own...Yet each pearl is magnificent and individual, it shines its own truth.....Connected together we are still that beautiful pearl, just linked together to create something more magnificent....When for some reason that connection (the strand...Universal life force)...is broken under pressure....One pearl wants to be on its own....It dosen't want to be linked....It creates resistance to what is.....Then the necklace breaks and the pearls go everywhere......They fall to the ground........If we see ourselves as beutiful individual pearls, but yet connected to the other pearls, by the strand...We work together....We don't force...Just flow....Does this too make sence or am i way off track now?.....Star x :rolleyes:

So... I think this topic is pretty awesome and would like to make a suggestion on how we can try to coordinate this and help make manifest the things we'd like to accomplish. However I was wondering if it would be worth it to try to manifest something small so that when it does happen it'll help build our confidence to do much larger things, like the examples of having our own piece of land etc. I've done this with people before and we saw progress at the very least but didn't keep in contact long enough to see a result. but since most of us here are pretty dedicated to the site I think we can help eachother accomplish a lot.

So is it still worth trying for some of ya'll?

Edit: Should we try to do this under Vision Work in Meditation?

Edited by Chiili

Guest Angel C

I'm just reading a few of the latter posts on this thread, amd Im wondering why religion was invented. Was it invented to feed our inquiring minds? I used to think it was to keep law and order, but my husband tells me that laws pre-dated religion (dont know how he knows that - possibly the discovery channel). Anyhow we are easily shaped I watched a snippit on tv recently about how we are intelligent and they mentioned our thirst for knowledge and I think they also mentioned our desire to form groups. I think we have been guided because of this, and I can see why, but at the same time I feel as if the ancients had it most right, and also eastern philosophies.

I am not anti-relgion, I just think our learning has been stream-lined. Our desire to go with the crowd and follow trends. Anyhow I'm getting off the subject, but what I mean is that we have never been told the "truth". I think we know the truth deep down within ourselves.

We are capable of so much, we have not learned to use all of our brains. We are all capable of things that we are not taught to do. We can heal ourselves and others, we are capable of telepathy and seeing into other dimensions (spiritual or otherwise). We are powerful beyond measure. :angel:

This is a notion that we have had many hearty debates about in the past, isn't it? It is interesting to watch each other's perspectives evolve, as we absorb new information.

The idea that the human experience somehow strengthens or improves an individual on the spiritual scale is interesting. This requires that our spiritual aspect be subject to change. It also requires that our spiritual aspect is not perfect by default. It if was, we could not improve ourselves. We would have no room for improvement.

Arma, I still think WE come from perfection. I think some people have lost their way. I still think that our soul is perfect and that it has never left the source and that is how we can connect with the source. I think we are here to strenghthen that perfection, perhaps by helping those who ask, to find their way (their own way). That doesnt mean however that we should be perfectionists, because I feel that trying to be perfect can have an adverse effect on our mental health, and therefore inhibit our spirit.