Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Celeste

Purple lights- peripheral vision

Guest Ambthepro

Ok, so this may be a very stupid question, but the fact is I am very new to paranormal things. I've been having an extremely open mind and when I feel/see things out of the ordinary it is very intriguing. To keep it simple,.. I've been trying to slowly open my third eye.. it's very difficult to start because this is something I never even thought about doing before this year. I've been meditating on it. Anywho, earlier today while I was relaxing in the bath, I was staring at the wall and thinking about... nothing really. I then saw a light purple, almost lilac color in my peripheral vision. I thought I was seeing things so I would look that way, then it could disappear. Whenever I started looking in the opposite direction it would appear again and i could see it until I looked directly at is. This kept happening until I got out of the bath. I KNOW I am not seeing things and this has to be something out of the ordinary. I was feeling very low after watching what in my perception, was a sad movie. I felt SO horrible and asked for comfort somehow. Now I did not think I would receive this comfort in a form of.. purple light. The color reminded me of a purple fluorite rock I received late last year, they told me it was to help with healing and was for the chest/heart chakra. Is it safe so assume that this purple light was sent for "healing" and I could actually see it's aura using my peripheral vision while very relaxed? Or could it be something entirely different still having to deal with the third eye? I did feel pressure on the middle of my forehead while this was happening. I have an idea but I am so new to all this I just don't really know a lot. Any input would be great and very helpful :)

Guest Dot

There are different shades of purple which relate to different archangels... However, generally, the color purple in the chakra system relates to the third eye and its chakra so considering the meditation you've been doing, it might be related.

Guest Ambthepro

There are different shades of purple which relate to different archangels... However, generally, the color purple in the chakra system relates to the third eye and its chakra so considering the meditation you've been doing, it might be related.

This is what I'm thinking it is related to, i guess I didn't really expect to ever see the actual colors of the chakras. hmmm, is there a book of this sort of thing? I feel like a blind man trying to see.. and if I ever do see I don't know what I'm looking at or for rather. I'm guessing it is relative to each person like anything else in life.

Ok, so this may be a very stupid question, but the fact is I am very new to paranormal things. I've been having an extremely open mind and when I feel/see things out of the ordinary it is very intriguing. To keep it simple,.. I've been trying to slowly open my third eye.. it's very difficult to start because this is something I never even thought about doing before this year. I've been meditating on it. Anywho, earlier today while I was relaxing in the bath, I was staring at the wall and thinking about... nothing really. I then saw a light purple, almost lilac color in my peripheral vision. I thought I was seeing things so I would look that way, then it could disappear. Whenever I started looking in the opposite direction it would appear again and i could see it until I looked directly at is. This kept happening until I got out of the bath. I KNOW I am not seeing things and this has to be something out of the ordinary. I was feeling very low after watching what in my perception, was a sad movie. I felt SO horrible and asked for comfort somehow. Now I did not think I would receive this comfort in a form of.. purple light. The color reminded me of a purple fluorite rock I received late last year, they told me it was to help with healing and was for the chest/heart chakra. Is it safe so assume that this purple light was sent for "healing" and I could actually see it's aura using my peripheral vision while very relaxed? Or could it be something entirely different still having to deal with the third eye? I did feel pressure on the middle of my forehead while this was happening. I have an idea but I am so new to all this I just don't really know a lot. Any input would be great and very helpful :)

That is really interesting, I may say that a similar thing happened to me on Saturday.

I was just laying in my bed, looking at the white ceiling, lots of light coming out from the window... I wasn't thinking in anything in particular and then I thought "Hum, why not try to meditate?" and so I did. I never meditated in my life, I mean, I've tried many times when I'm alone but I never know if I'm doing it correctly and it doesn't last long. But on Saturday it was different... I started to see some white lights, just very light shades of it. Then I started to see everything surrounded by a white shade, almost like an aura, I'm sure some of you have already seen it (this, in particular, has always happened to me, it wasn't something new). Then I closed my eyes and just concentrated on my breathing, not worried about time at all, not thinking about anything, just breathing... And moments after I kind of felt my hands "paralised" and started to see some blue dots while I was with my eyes closed. I opened them and while looking at the white ceiling I could see a purple light surrounded by an yellowish one, very beautiful... It would go away but whenever I tried to focus again it would appear again. I could look at it frontly, though.

I don't know, it was like those lights that we see when we have our eyes closed... :rolleyes:

I've seen the purple light, if I remember, on two occasions. The first time happened during my pregnancy, I was about almost 3 months pregnant at the time and going through some serious issues with travel. We were trying to get to my in-laws so that we can tell them the big news and every form of transportation didn't seem to want to work. On the day of our biggest bit of travel, with the most impediments, and me having an unsettling dream, I woke up to see a purple light travel across my line of sight. I think I even mentioned it on this forum. At the time, Angel give me a good idea, that maybe it was the babies soul coming in. Although now I wonder, being that it has occurred for both of you, and I take it that Chica you are not pregnant :), that maybe it does have something to do with healing and piece of mind. Kinda seeing a light that tells you, "things will work out." The second time it happened I don't remember what was going on in my mind, I don't know if i noted it in my journal, just remembering it happening again. And surprisingly enough it happened in dim light, like almost dark, yet I could see a somewhat luminescent purple light.

Kinda seeing a light that tells you, "things will work out."

I like that, a lot.

I'm gonna go hunt for purple lights now :D

Guest Angel C

To me colour is the purple of spirituality. Haha, I meant that the other way round, but thats how much I mean it, that I get the words mixed up, to me they are one and the same. Violet is the colour of light with the highest frequency.

Colours have different meanings to everyone, but if I saw purple I would probably feel comforted that spirit was around me.

With you Amber, it sounds as if this could be awareness of your crown chakra opening and awareness of your spiritual growth. Was this light close to your body? It could infact be an awareness of changes in your own aura/chakra colours, developing through growth or even healing.

If you do a google search on chakra colour meanings you will find some great information. I liked this one in particular, when I just had a quick look

"MEANING OF THE COLOR VIOLET -The 7th Chakra is known as the Crown Chakra bringing to us our universal connection - all is one"

I think it is a sign for you that all is one and that loved ones never truly leave us. They are still around us when they pass, its just we cant see them very easily or clearly.

How did it make you feel during and afterwards?

There is some information about colours and their meanings in this old thread http://forum.psychicguild.com/index.php?showtopic=3228&st=0&p=22223&hl=Angels%20colours%20crystals&fromsearch=1entry22223

(Post 27 has information about the colour violet) :angel:

Guest Angel C

I just wanted to add to this thread that any unusual symptoms should be checked by a Doctor.

Guest Ambthepro

The purple lights were soooo close to me. About 2 ft away. They were about 4 ft from the ground. never much higher or lower. I'm not exactly sure, but now that I think about it, i've heard somewhere that the other dimension/plane is about 4 ft from the ground? Does that sound right? I've tried to research chakras and their meanings, but i feel like i need a book!! I need a book on everything :) LOL when I read your post about the Doctor I laughed so hard because I'm sure that's what a lot of my friends think i need :)

Hi Ambthepro

I read on this website I go(if you want I will pm the address) where there is vast information on meditaion and yoga as well as precautions. It's one of the best websites. I read that you are doing Third eye meditation. Purple colour(dark...I think its called indigo??) is for third eye. some people who have done this kind of meditation and seen purple light and some say that the purple light enters where the third eye is and they feel incredible..bliss...If the purple is lighter, lilac..its for crown chakra.

If you see that purple light again close your eyes...see if you still see the purple with eyes closed.Flower