Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eamckown

I kill electronics

Blanc,

I, too, take a genuinely balanced approach to things- If it is repeatable and verifiable, then one should test it and seek to understand it, not dismiss it. I do appreciate objectivity, in a realm where it is difficult to be. Anything involving human minds can be very subjective, so the most clear cut cases are best to start with- specifically, things like killing watch batteries as my ex does. I also am wary of terming anything 'psychic' as it immediate has associations- and simply because one unusual case is proven true, that does not make them all. My Dad is a neuropsychiatrist and psychoanalyst, and I think many of us underestimate how common schizophrenia (sorry if my spelling is off) is, not to mention other disorders of the mind that affect our perceptions. But- just because we see or experience something not commonly accepted as true, does not mean we have such a disorder. Hence it is important to seek truth.

As to your references about power and such Blanc, I think a recent Japanese animation gave me a very interesting perspective on that. It asks the question: what if people were indeed Espers (Japanese way of saying ESP'ers), had the ability to manipulate the world around us in very direct and powerful ways. What would the world turn out to be like? It is called Shin Sekai Yori... and it starts with a boy in a classroom, teacher teaching, and he seems to be rather disturbed. Suddenly something seems to 'click' in his mind as he watches the teacher- and we see the shadows of her head and body seoerating as he imagines it.... eventually creating a school massacre and, we find out later in the series, he single-handedly destroys the city. Someone over two hundred years later- who was a girl in that classroom, and learned to manipulate her telemeres with her ability to extend her life indefinitely- says "Do you know what the most destructive weapon in this world is?". The young female main character asks, and she replies "Us. One of us (gone beserk) can cause more damage than a nuclear weapon."

The society twi hundred years in the future- after a brutal and bloody history, where non-gifted humans were virtually wiped out (either killed, or they 'were changed' by simply being near someone who couldnt consciously help changing things near them), and the world is full of unique creatures- animals mutated and shaped by uncontrolled pyschic ability. eventually a scientific community of gifted observers finalky stepped in- choosing to create a carefully controlled society through hypnosis and careful selection to avoid violent impulses. people were literally genetically engineered to have an aversion to killing another human- they would literally die if they did, their own power killing themselves. At first this society- where children occasionally dissapear (we find out later they are killed by non-human creatures instructed by the human adult leaders, to eliminate potential 'ogres' like the boy in the beginning, or people who cant control their ability and would distort the world around them). kids are trained to use their abilities, and then encouraged to pair up with lovers in their teens, making a 'society of love' that as scene in certain primate groups, can avoid violent impulses. The main character and her friends are part of a 'test case'- the only children not completely brainwashed, given some extent of free will- simply because leaders need to think for themselves, and they need more leaders.

It brings one on an interesting journey- the story is fairly unbiased overall. At first it leans in the childrens direction, finding the idea of the truth of the world appalling- but then as we learn what the real dangers are, we are left to ask: is what they are doing wrong? When one school worth of kids could wipe out the planet- is it wrong to try to breed and manipulate them into a peaceful life? In a workd with a history where an emporer was crowned, and told his subjects the first hundred people to stop clapping would die... and proceeded to mentally kill anyone who did... resulting in clapping that lasted for many many days and a hundred deaths.

Its an extreme example of course- but what IF such abilities were proven? Wouldnt the next step for a governing body be to decide how to handle it? If some abilities had risks, wouldnt it be, to them, their job to avoid panic and work on identifying these people and then avoiding the risks? Of all things, if someone had conscious telekenesis, it wouldnt pose risks? And what if people with these abilities grouped together and tried to learn, or even bred together, making children with stronger abilities? An asset, if controlled, a huge threat if not.

I am a writer at heart- I quite enjoy writing fantasy and sci fi- so these questions interest me. And I write stories about potential answers, or the worlds they might result in, so stories like Shin Sekai Yori capture my imagination.

A new animation this season asks the question: what woud the life of a little girl be like if she could just naturally read minds? Its a tragic opening: she has a warm, loving family and friends at school- but hears their thoughts like words and thinks nothing of it. So when her little kid girlfriends are saying how much they hate boys, she asks "Why are you lying? Miya, you just said you liked -----, and you... you like ------ because of the time he helped you up when you fell". It results in the 'secrets laid bare' situation where everyone has something they dont want others to know, and a child who knows it and wont keep it secret is dangerous. Eventually the parents are told their daughter is a 'chronic liar' by the teacher and principal, and all the doctors say she is completely healthy and very quickly want nothing to do with her. Her father spends more and more time away- and then during a rare time when both are home, and she is delighted, she asks if Daddy will stay all night, and he says he has something to do later, and daughter says "Oh, Daddy, your going to see Akio? And Mommy, you are going to visit ------? Take me along too, we can all be together!". ba ba buuuum. Marriage breaks up, and eventually the mother is leaving her daughter with the grandpa, and when she clings to her mom's leg she throws her back and says, brokenly, "I wish I had never given birth to you"

Ironically this ends up a comedy- she meets one boy in school after transferring who imagines crazy things, which she can see, and he doesnt fear her- in fact he finds it cool, and will imagine himself with a wolf head and talk to her, making her laugh, and finally breaking down the barriers she put up. It then takes a comedic route.

But all interesting questions. These gifts- real gifts like these- would threaten people. In the case of thought reading- the best way to get rid of an information threat is to discredit it. If everyone thinks they are a liar- nothing they say will matter.

Okay, book finished ;)

Dot,

In a world of polarised opinion where the majority either believe unquestioningly that something is true or refuse to believe it even in the face of reasonable evidence, it's a joy to find someone like you who is prepared to take the middle way of reasonable scepticism, use the scientific method of investigation and draw their own conclusions independently of the opinion of others. There is hope for us yet. :)

What I'm suggesting is that even within the scientific community where objectivity in investigation is universal, when it comes to drawing conclusions, particularly with regard to psychic phenomena, that objectivity can be modified either by personal bias or by fear that a truly objective conclusion would not be acceptable to the keeper of the purse. And who is the keeper of the purse? Ultimately this falls to those who's power and privilege is dependent upon the ignorance of the many and the dependence this ignorance creates. The idea that humanity might find within psychic phenomena a power of its own and transfer it's allegiance to that power, is likely to be anathema to them.

You apparently believe that after the bulk of so called psychic phenomena have been explained away by conventional science there remains a core for which 'psychic' is the most reasonable hypothesis. I agree with this, but does the ostensibly objective scientific community? I would expect that in a truly objective world the discovery of genuine psychic phenomena would be a cause for celebration within the scientific community, followed by frantic attempts at duplication and a stampede towards the Nobel ceremony. This manifestly is not the case and, given the assumption that genuine psychic phenomena have already been identified, one has to wonder why.

I read the following on a forum in which the debunking of near death experience was discussed, and the techniques used in that debunking:

I don't think one can put it more succinctly. It is this kind of 'reasoning' which makes me suspicious of organisations investigating the paranormal.

This topic caught my attention as well as the one about healing hands. Last week I was in a group of people and my reiki hands automatically engaged. Within seconds the tingling advanced to heat and then sweat. I turned my hands up and gave reiki to the whole room. Since I have an affinity for affecting electronics as well, I just got to wondering if there is a connection. hmmmm.... Interesting theory - I'm off to google.... B)

There is a connection. I found an article titled 'reiki and light bulbs'. hehehehehe We are in good company. After this guy had his attunements and he was going through the 'clearing' phase - he was also popping light bulbs. aaah ...it feels better to know I am not a freak of nature. :P

Guest CosmicEgg

Well there are a lot of us then. Even as a child (and I'm 50 now) I couldn't wear watches. I still can't. I was told I needed one for my last job. I got a pretty good Seiko with perpetual calendar. The batteries lasted eight weeks at most and the calendar was always a mess. It was in for repairs all the time and every time it came back with the message that there was nothing wrong with it. And that's true. It works perfectly as long as I don't touch it.

I kill computers too. I used to work in a very high security job. Obviously we didn't mess around there and you had to be pretty switched on all the time and in every way, so those of you who want to come at me with "user fault", please don't. My terminal died for one reason or another three times every year I worked there. At some point during each and every year I was there, it would also take a short vacation and refuse to connect to or even be seen by the entire system. Quite a feat. This only ever happened with my terminal.

But then again, I have superhero kefir grains too. What it takes others to produce 2L per day takes me about a tenth of the volume. I did some energy healing on them when I got them and have recently requested that they slow down because they were fermenting the milk far too fast.

My friend's dog always sits down in front of me for energy healing when I arrive. My friend is a Reiki master. I just do intuitive healing, as it comes to me. I have no training at all.

You can use this ability if you choose to. Or it can be an annoyance. It's your choice.

Ok, I just had a really goofy thought.

What do you think would happen if we got near one of those ghost meters? :lol: I wonder if we would set it off or just make it unreliable. :P

On the serious side, wouldn't it be cool if we could measure and harness it for good. :angel2:

I had a dream about my last job and just now made this connection. We didn't have a normal 'time clock' with a paper card to punch in & out. We didn't swipe a card or log on to a computer. Nooo! We had a fingerprint scanner. I used to stand there with people behind me in line, because it didn't work for me. I would step aside & the next person would check in & hear 'ding'. Then I would try again - 'eehhhh' it would buzz at me. I thought that dang machine hates me. I just realized - it probably did. With my history with electronics, I should have known. :wacko:

Guest CosmicEgg

I had a dream about my last job and just now made this connection. We didn't have a normal 'time clock' with a paper card to punch in & out. We didn't swipe a card or log on to a computer. Nooo! We had a fingerprint scanner. I used to stand there with people behind me in line, because it didn't work for me. I would step aside & the next person would check in & hear 'ding'. Then I would try again - 'eehhhh' it would buzz at me. I thought that dang machine hates me. I just realized - it probably did. With my history with electronics, I should have known. :wacko:

I have that problem with literally everything. I can't carry magnetic strip cards (and I won't use rfid cards). I can't use a cell phone or wear watches. When I want to wash or dry laundry, someone else has to hit the button because the sensor doesn't recognize me. I sometimes get an electric shock from running water. I can't wear synthetic fibers of any description.

But at the same time, when I have prepared food, it doesn't mold if forgotten in the fridge. My kefir grains produce about eight times what they should by volume.

I can live with that trade-off.

my daughter has this issue- we quit buying her watches because they maybe will last 1 week and its not just the battery. the watch is dead- her laptop regularly needs repaired and just all in all electronics don't seem to like her- what triggered my interest though was someone asking about a ghost radar going off- my daughter does also have a permanent companion - it was another child who had died as a baby before my daughter was born - my daughter does have a disability and my theory is that he's there to protect her via some agreement they made before they were born when she was little she called him by a nickname- then when she got around 5/6 she came to me one day and told me his full name, birthday, the day he died, his parent's names, pretty much everything and she had no way to know that information on her own so out the window went my its an imaginary friend theory; toys in her room went off as her companion aged, if they were loud i'd just go in and ask him to please turn down the volume or turn off the sound and the game would continue to play you just couldn't hear it- the toys were always age appropriate for him. i was half-curious to see if when the companion turned 16 if my car would be taken out for a spin once in awhile ;) my point is I do not know if its her magnetic energy or something about her that causes the problems with electronics, if its her personal companion, or if its some combination.

This happens to my husband too. He has it bad. Computers, tv equipment, phones. It is very frustrating. Something will be working fine and then I will hand it to him and it instantly freezes or crashes or quits in some other way. I wish I had something to tell you but I don't. Although I can say you are not alone. My hubby has such a hard time with anything electrical he just doesn't use them. Doesn't matter how nice the electronics are either. We don't have cheap equipment in our house and it will still go haywire when he messes with it. So he don't. Once we walks away it will start working again. It's crazy! LOL!

this is interesting. My brother has this problem, everything he touches breaks, even lightbulbs explode in his presence, his computer goes mad, a few weeks ago he tapped a window and it smashed, he cant understand it, he has had a very difficult life and i think hes surrounded by negative energy which i think may be contributing to this phenomenon, what yous think?

I have come to this conclusion as my current boyfriend has the exact same problem where so many things break or malfunction in his presence, again he had a very difficult childhood and i know theres some unresolved negativity surrounding him, do you think negatives energies surrounding a person can cause this?

I do wonder why is it we humans feel the need for concrete scientific evidence for psychic activity. all as we know now was not as explained once upon a time.

I enjoy the discussion...but am content to wait.

Neleh :)

I kill electronics. I don't mean I actually kill them, haha, but I certainly mess them up. Computers are generally uncooperative. Phones freeze up. I can't wear a watch for more than a month before the battery goes dead. The list goes on and on. I've done some light research on the topic, but I've never really delved into it. Does anyone experience the same things? Or have any insight/experiences??

If I'm mad or sad, I fry it or it freezes. If I'm happy or optimistic, everything runs as usual, if not more efficiently. Sounds silly, but I swear it's how it occurs with me!