Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Guest Angel C

Can anyone tell me about the Quantum field

Guest Angel C

I'm interested to know about this. Any information, scientific or otherwise would be appreciated.

Thank you :angel:

Guest Angel C

I've done a bit of research since posting this. I bought "Quantum field healing" by David R Hamilton, PHd. He's a youngish Scottish Guy (with a lovely accent), whos from a pharmaceutical background. Used to work in research and drug trials. Seems a very genuine, down to earth and intelligent man.

I'm in a hurry so forgive me if I dont get the terminology quite right. But he is talking about the wave particle, and by going into ourselves at that level we can heal our medical conditions.

He does this is a very straightforward way. However I didnt quite like the vizualisation, I prefer Reiki, but what I did like is it explains how Reiki and all healing modalities work. He said that distance healing works and how it has been proven in tests ran at a University in Scotland (forget which one, sorry). He also said how they have also proved we are all interconnected, through other tests involving MRI scans.

So what this means to me is there is a scientific explanation for healing such as Reiki and how it works, and also for telepathy, and interconectedness, so this is fantastic news to me. I'm thinking of taking this CD when I next go to see my Doctor and loaning it to him, lol.

When I think about it a bit deeper it seems to explain how sound and light work in healing too, as they are waves too. But does it? Because everything is, that is how we are all one. At one with the Universe, because it is within us all and we are within it. Everything is all one big wave (I know this is old news to a lot of you lol).

Oh and the best of it is, he explains that at the most basic level we know of inside the body, it looks like the nightsky. He says something about how mystics and spiritual tachers say "as within, so without" and says that it fits in with that. I remember reading a while ago that the Universe is within us, and Victoria said to me, "God is within us, and we are within God" (I'm sorry if thats not an exact quote, Victoria), she said this just as I was making that realization, so it was a very profound moment for me. Now I see there is a scientific explanation for this too.

I wonder, how did ancient people know so much? All those years ago. And how did Dr Usui know that we could heal ourselves without having this scientific knowledge. How did yogis know about the chakras? Because when you listen to this latest stuff, it all fits in with that.

It has been known for a long time in the medical profession that mind over matter works, and now they are researching it, which is fantastic. Funny how they are coming up with the same conclusions as ancient people though, isnt it?

Anyway I want to know how this fits in with psychic ability. Is it because the Univese is within us, is it because we are all connected? What does this say about spirit? Are we connected to them also? And what about Angels? Are they part of this quantum field or are they outside of it? And god, for that matter? Once we connect with the Quantum field, do we connect with all there is? Do we also connect with the Universal Mind or Carl Jung's "Collective unconsciousness"?

How do we connect with the Quantum field? Is it purely focussed intention?

What are other names for the Quantum field? Is this the same as the "Universal Life Force", the prana, the chi, the energy, or is that something else? Is it the same as the etheric field, the sea of potentiality or is that something else.

And how does it fit in with manifestation!

Is everything done in this field? Telepathy, prediction, manifestation, astral travel, healing? Is it all done in the same place?

Is this the same as the Astral field?

I want to learn more about this. Can anyone help.

Thank you, and sorry for the rushed post.

:angel:

I've done a bit of research since posting this.

I want to learn more about this. Can anyone help.

I'll have to do some more research and some revision but what I remember is that it's about how every possible state of particles in a vacuum is somehow connected to every other state, and that at the same time every possible state exists.

It reminds me of my theory that every possible past, present and future I could inhabit ALREADY EXISTS and every choice I make has an effect on each possible state.

MAYBE THAT'S WHAT THE UNIVERSE IS... A QUANTUM FIELD!

You've got me intrigued again now -- I must read more on this! :writing: B)

Guest Dot

"Universal field", "Astral field" - in the end they're all the same thing, expressed in different ways. They follow a set pattern... at least I assume so. Regardless of what they are, if we are all connected then these are too. I'm just trying to remember what I've read about quantum mechanics. I remember it being emphasized that the laws of physics we know of here do not easily apply to those in the quantum field what with quarks and things - oooh I found it. This was Bell's theorem.

"No physical theory of local hidden variables can ever reproduce all of the predictions of quantum mechanics."

I think I found studying Bell's theorem and going from there was the easiest way for me to understand what quantum mechanics was all about because it brought up a few of the difficulties in interpreting the quantum field or whatever. I found studying quantum mechanics quite difficult, actually. It's like my brain is against learning about it! When it comes down to it, though, there is a lot we don't know about the quantum field just as there is a lot we don't know about the universe, period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_inequality

That being said, it is really interesting to read... I just find it difficult to put into a 'big-picture' context, especially relating to spiritual matter. And this is a stupid example but if we assume the universe has a low wave length, because it's theorized that things with a low wave length emit light or energy forever, then maybe barriers set up in the way of this make the light differentiate into different thing. Okay yeah, that sounds dumb, and is probably not the case... because I know like... nothing... but it's the sort of thing I start to think of when I try putting it into a spiritual-like context, and I'm not sure how well it works. Probably not well at all.

Apparently all matter has its own wave-length... or "vibration"... Ehh... I think I'm just rambling here. I'm a total amateur when it comes to quantum physics, and I'm sure I've probably already gotten things wrong. I would have to study it properly as a student - full time - to be able to have some vague idea what it's all about.

Here are a few more neat things you can read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavefunction_collapse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_decoherence

I remember reading in a science magazine awhile ago that quantum physicists found that a couple of things in the quantum field (can't remember what they are) moved and changed direction after being in the same position for a very long time. And the quantum physicists didn't have any idea why they did that. Well, neither do I!

Guest Angel C
(can't remember what they are) moved and changed direction after being in the same position for a very long time

Oh that's very interesting Dot! Thank you for remembering that. Thank you for the links, got to go now, but will lead them later, when I can digest them properly. (My brain finds this stuff hard too).

Victoria I really look forward to you posting more

Guest Angel C

Oh Dot, they are a bit over my head. I need someone to simpify them for me, or at least tell me whether there is truth in how this fits in with healing and psychic ability. (Kai, where are you?)

I did a google search on quantum field psychology and a pdf document came up which was a good read. It talked about the "Supermind", which would be the same as Jung's Collective Unconscious. I dont suppose it was anything we dont already know about creating our realities and manifestation but with a new slant. Interesting though. Very much like Light Work.

Also looked up the quantum field and psychic ability, simply put it says that are brains are like radio waves normally tuned to the material world but by opening up to the frequency of the quantum

field. (Edit: When re-reading this I rememberd that I heard in an hypnagogic episode ages ago the song radio ga ga - weird - I posted about it http://forum.psychicguild.com/index.php?showtopic=3745&st=0&p=28039&hl=hypnagogia&fromsearch=1entry28039 , I think we are very much in tune with the quantum field during hypnagogia) It also says the conscious mind stays with the spiritual body once the physcial body dies, which explains how mediumship works. But it says that spirit can evolve. So that explains why some seem to retain their personalities and others dont (something which has puzzled me at times).

The article I said also suggests that is what some religions have been calling the life force.

So there is a scientific explanation for this then? A quantum soup with countless possibilites, where we can tune into everyone and everything in the universe. We can tune into others minds, to those that have past over. This is where we create our realities and I would guess where astral travel takes place. I think it said something about layers or dimensions though, so perhaps astral travel happens in only one of those layers.

Funny I had a dream a few nights ago (before I started to research into this) and in my dream I saw layers on top of each other, in my dream very similar things were happening in each layer. Perhaps that was a sign that conditions were perfect for creating what I desire.

It seems everything happens in this field, soon they will find out that time travel can happen too, I bet! Although I suppose it already does, astrally!

Guest Dot
But it says that spirit can evolve.

What conditions would have to be met for that to happen?

Oh Dot, they are a bit over my head. I need someone to simpify them for me, or at least tell me whether there is truth in how this fits in with healing and psychic ability.

Yes, it is a little complex isn't it?

Hmm... What I've read about the "supermind" makes me think it's the same as a hypnotic state where you can suggest things to your unconscious mind.

I don't see what new conclusions you're coming to after reading about quantum mechanics, Angel_C. It just seems like you're finding new words to describe the same thing.

So there is a scientific explanation for this then?

Well if it exists then there should be!

Guest Angel C
I don't see what new conclusions you're coming to after reading about quantum mechanics, Angel_C. It just seems like you're finding new words to describe the same thing.

it's just great that there's a scientific explanation to all this, or is it? What does this say about god and Angels? Where do they come into this. But your right its all energy really, no different to my post on energy, but does explain a few things. Nice to have a scientific explanation to offer Reiki clients, if necessary.

I dont have any idea how spirit evolves, probably intent I would guess. Those that are still attached to life too much, perhaps because they feel have been wronged or done wrong, possibly take longer to evolve. Just as we have to releas our blocks for a healthy happy life, so do they, I guess. No idea how that fits into the quantum field theory or anything about conditions though, would have to find out more about he different dimensions I suppose.

I have to go now, but thanks for replying Dot. :angel:

"How far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?" to quote from the movie "!What the Bleep Do We Know!?!!" (I recommend this movie as a starting point.)

To be very practical, even trying to convey a rough idea of what quantum field theory proposes is way, way beyond the scope of this website......maybe check it out on Wikipedia and I'm sure you will see what I mean!! lol. Even the book "Quantum Physics for Dummies" is extremely challenging.

Having said this, quantum field theory has helped me personally come to terms with the spiritual/psychic side of my life in an incredibly enlightening way. In quantum field, we appear to have pure mathematics and science confirming what "mystics" have always maintained.

Check out "quantum entanglement"......Einstein didn't accept it, but John Bell evidenced that it exists. Apparently, experiments have demonstrated that (large) molecules like C60, as well as light, can be particles or waves depending how we choose to view them: Guess it's all down to human conciousness and how we choose to define reality, and if our conciousness is that significant then (in my opinion) there's plenty of room for spirit. To me, the use of the word "paranormal" just means that our understanding of how things actually work is limited and incomplete.

It has been said that if reality is actually "quantum", then things should be a lot weirder than they are.....

http://quantumfieldtheory.org/ info about info,lol

and the books:

An Interpretive Introduction to Quantum Field Theory By Paul Teller

and

Playing the Quantum Field: How Changing Your Choices Can Change Your Life By Brenda Anderson

just google them,I think you can find them read online

and if you google-quantum field,ken wilber few of Ken Wilber books and about his books will pop up,I find him great

Here are some Quantum Physics News:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/mat...antum_physics/

A few related books, that Lynn Taggart's book "The Field" is extremely interesting. "In Search of Schrödinger's Cat" by John Gribbin and "The Tao of Physics" by Fritjof Capra, together with the movie I mentioned at the start of this post may also be of interest to you. :D

Guest Dot
Nice to have a scientific explanation to offer Reiki clients, if necessary.

That's true.

I also read a study somewhere where they compared Reiki to placebo and the people who got Reiki had a higher white blood cell count afterward than they did before. How about that, huh? That being said, we don't exactly know what Reiki is doing exactly - or I don't. x3

Guest Angel C

Yeh, well I think this more or less explains it... If we go to our most basic level and heal there , through our connection to all that is, we are from a scientific viewpoint, healing in the quantum field.

I'm in a hurry so forgive me if I dont get the terminology quite right. But he is talking about the wave particle, and by going into ourselves at that level we can heal our medical conditions.

In Reiki we all opening our blocks to the flow of the universal life force through unblocking the charkras, in quantum field healing we are doing the same thing, he even says at this level it looks like the nightsky - in other words the Universe!

Interesting aswell because since doing very basic science as a child I often wondered whether the planets were atoms. I thought perhaps the universe was part of something even bigger, so big that the planets look huge to us, yet would look like vibrating atoms under a microscope when looked at in another place (dimension, perhaps).

But this could be saying that the universe is within us, and we are within it, if you look at it that way.

There is no end or beginning, we are not small and insignificant. We are as much a part of the universe as the universe is apart of us. We are one and the same thing. It is within us, yet we see it outside of us. We are the universe.

No wonder we came from stardust!

Guest Angel C

I knew this would be important when I saw it was the 11th post. Of course light can teleport and time travel, because it travels at the speed of light. So of course our inner light (our soul) can too. :angel:

I saw a programme on the discovery channel a couple of months back about whether time travel was possible, a lot of eminent physists think it is, its just that the speed we would have to travel would be dangerous to us, but someone has come up with a solution, I think it was to do with quantum physics and wave particles too. Of course the experiments are in the early stages, they cant try to break a person down to its lowest particle then build it up again, but I think the guy who came up with the theory is willing to try it himself when the time is right!

But of course our soul can travel and probably thats the best way. I mean can you imagine if someone did go back in time to important points in history and changed things! But our soul cant do that because most people wouldnt listen to a spiritual being, and even if they did, everyone would think they were nuts lol. There are only a few spiritual teachers the world has taken notice of. People have been put in assylums for saying they have spoken to god!!!

However there have been some people listening. Dr Usui did it the hard way, meditate and fasted in the mountains, but he came up with a way to heal. But today there are people like Sanaya Roman and Doreen Virtue, who have been channelling these messages for years, from light beings and angels, which science is currently catching up with!!!

Guest Angel C
'Spooky interaction'

The Australian researchers have exploited a phenomenon called "quantum entanglement", which links the properties of two photons of light created at the same time. Einstein called it a "spooky interaction".

What it means is that two photons can be created and sent to different places. It is possible to force one photon into a specific quantum mechanical state and, because the two photons are connected in some way, the other photon will instantaneously take up a complementary state.

From the link dot supplied

First this made me think about twin flames, and then it reminded me of another tv programme I watched about 5 or 6 years ago, where they had set up an experiment like this and because it worked it somehow proved the theory that someone else in the universe someone else was doing/ had done the same experiment!!! It was years ago, I cant remember the programme but I think it was to do with entanglement.

Guest Angel C

Of course for time travel to be possible, we would have to go through a dimension that has not time.

Let's say you have a super powerful microscope. And you zoom and you see cells, and you zoom further and you see the organelles that make the cells, and you zoom further and see the molecules that make the organelles. And you go further and you see the atoms. And you zoom in further and see the protons, and you zoom into the protons and see the quarks that make it up, and you zoom in further and see the parts that make up a quark, and you zoom even further till you see the parts that make that, and you keep going deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper. Until suddenly you see a familiar sight. You realize that what you are seeing looks like Galaxies and Super Clusters and stars, and you zoom in closer and find the Milky Way, and you zoom in closer and find the Earth, and you zoom in even further, and there you are, watching yourself.

What would that mean to you?

Guest Angel C

It would also give us a reason to all be positive. Because it would be our energies which affect all that we know exists.

And what if we had a powerful telescope and could see beyond the universe we know of, what would we see then?

Would we see men in white coats in a laboratory trying to study what they have just created - the big bang, or would we see something completely different? But then our human eyes dont allow us to see everything.

Here is something worth reading:

http://twm.co.nz/hologram.html

If you don't feel like reading the whole thing here is a statement which I think sums it up nicely:

[bohm] argues that at some deeper level of reality particles are not individual entities, but are actually extensions of the same fundamental something.

Could this world really just be a dream?

Guest Dot

I really like that link, Kai (or rather the article within). Thanks for posting.

On the note if the world is a dream, I don't think that should mean it's any less real. Ultimately the sleeping and dreaming world and the waking and perceiving ones are quite similar. We can do the same things in each. Perhaps they feel different because of the different ways the brain triggers them (that probably doesn't make sense; I mean it's obvious brain waves are different in different states of consciousness and that's why they feel different). But ultimately they hold the same truths - or so the theory goes, hahaha.

I like that they mentioned the movie Altered States. I actually ordered that movie earlier this month, so hopefully I will be able to watch it soon. I also found the LSD trials interesting... I believe that sort of thing is explored in Altered States also. Hm... Anyway. Good article.

Ultimately the sleeping and dreaming world and the waking and perceiving ones are quite similar. We can do the same things in each.
Wow, if only. If ONLY we could do the same things in each! :lol: Oh I'd go flying right now!

But I know what you mean.

I never saw that movie either, but looks interesting. I wonder though, what's a "normal" state anyway? I mean, maybe I'm just wierd, well I probably am :P, but different feelings and emotions change my state. Actually sometimes I feel different when I am at different places, or during different seasons, and of course around different people. I really don't know what my normal state is, my state is always altered.

Guest Angel C

Wow, that article is amazing Kai, thank you for posting it. Very interesting and seems to explain a lot, especially interconnectedness different states of consciousness and psychic phenomenon.

But what I want to know is, who creates the hologram? Is it us, or was it created for us?

Are we all seeing what we want to see, what our physical eyes will allow us to see and what we have been taught to see?

What I mean is, who is directing the show?

What I mean to ask is; are we all creating the holographic universe, from the sum of our individual perceptions of it, and those that we have learned to percieve? Or is there something else, outside of this reality, which is creating it for us?

If it is us, can we all join together and create a better place?

Cryptids, for some reason I missed your post earlier, thank you for your comments and the links you supplied. The article Kai linked us to is very easy to read and understand.

On another note

This is a link of an interview with Dr David Hamilton (quantum field healing) on spirit guide radio

I know there are other people doing this stuff, but he is just so normal and down to earth and tells it "how it is", instead of re-packaging it, putting on a show and charging unaffordable amounts for seminars like others who are doing this. :angel:

Guest Angel C

I wanted to come back to this.

Apparently all matter has its own wave-length... or "vibration"...

So if the quantum field is energy waves of different lenghts.

So does that say the Universe has varying wave lengths. Spiritual energy would be one of wave lengths. Then angelic energy would have one of these wave lengths. Then light energy would be one of these wave-lengths. The two later would be pretty near to each other, and hard to tell apart. The energy we emit from our minds, body and spirit would be three of these wave-lengths.

If this is case, where would our soul wavelength be? Is the soul, the very core of everything? Would the soul be a wave length that picks up everything.

What I mean is we can tune in to the wavelenghts of spirit and be a medium. We can tune into the wavelength of minds and be telepathic. We can tune into the light, spiritual or angelic energy and be healers. But if we tune in from our soul, do we tune in to all these wavelengths, and therefore the Universal Mind, Body and Spirit?

Does this make any sense, scientifically?

The statement was that matter has a vibration. Energy is not always matter although matter is always energy.