Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Villani16

Psychic / Intuitive challenge

Village Witch,

I would really appreciate that if you would be willing to ask about a book (or video) that we might start with. Thanks! :)

I would love to live by the water! I grew up in California and my favorite activity was going to the beach. Your retirement plans sound really nice. There is a large, man-made lake not far from where I live, but it's pretty pricey to live there. And my hubby would hate living there. He is a farm boy born and raised. I think he will be farming until he can't do anything anymore!

We have class on Tuesday this week. I will ask our leader about a book recommendation then.

The one thing I didn't pick up on with you is a husband. I thought perhaps you were divorced as I didn't sense a loss or mourning. Is it that you are a private person with your thoughts and beliefs and don't share those things with your husband? Something is giving me a sense of distance or spending time alone.

This probably sounds really strange, but I have no clue what my husband believes. He was raised Lutheran but never talks about his beliefs. He is perfectly fine with my beliefs and loves to brag about his wife being a witch and a psychic. He lets me experiment with reiki and other energy techniques on him. If any of our dogs get out of sorts, he makes sure I give them reiki. The only problem I have is his recruiting clients for me. People that need me have a way of finding me.

The hubby and I inherited his parent's home in Florida on the eastern seaboard but neither of us wants to live in Florida and so we sold the house due to the expense of only keeping it as a vacation home that only saw us two weeks out of the year. We rented it out to snowbirds but that made it unavailable to us. I'm glad it's out of our hair.

Sorry to go off topic. :(

The one thing I didn't pick up on with you is a husband. I thought perhaps you were divorced as I didn't sense a loss or mourning. Is it that you are a private person with your thoughts and beliefs and don't share those things with your husband? Something is giving me a sense of distance or spending time alone.

Yep, I have a husband but yes, I spend most of my time alone. He is a farm boy workaholic so he works on the farm and with the cattle all day and then he works for UPS driving at night to Des Moines to deliver packages to the airport. He loves me and treats me well, but we are more like two very independent people living together so neither of us has to be alone. I met someone a while ago who I think is my soul mate and that was one wild ride, but it never would have worked 'cause he has a wife and children and I'm not going there! So I know I have strong love/passion in me, my hubby just isn't the guy who brings that out in me. I love and appreciate him very much, but I don't have a lot of passion for him unfortunately. I am very loyal to him and he seems happy and for the most part we get along, and I am too sick to go anywhere on my own, so we take care of each other and keep each other company. We're not really "close" though, as I would use the term. He would say we are close I think. Seems guys are different about these things.

Please feel free to share other stuff you may sense. This really fascinates me.

Oh, have you ever had deceased people show up in your dreams? I keep dreaming about my dead parents and my dead FIL. In the dream I know they have died but they have come back to life. I wonder if they are trying to contact me. This last dream I had with my FIL I definitely had the impression he had plopped into my dream.

Oh, have you ever had deceased people show up in your dreams? I keep dreaming about my dead parents and my dead FIL. In the dream I know they have died but they have come back to life. I wonder if they are trying to contact me. This last dream I had with my FIL I definitely had the impression he had plopped into my dream.

I used to never dream. It wasn't till I started on the path of reiki four years ago that I started dreaming again. Now I dream almost every night. My dreams take a lot of thought to figure out what they mean. I rarely dream of people I know and do not remember dreaming of deceased people I know. If I dream of anyone, I dream of my husband (or myself), but I can rarely figure out what he's up to when I dream about him.

Before you go to bed, you might try asking the folks you dream about most to come to you in your dreams and to make their message clear. Perhaps they simply want to visit with you and you are not sensing when they are around you.

Earlier I saw a thin elderly gentleman with shaggy white hair hanging around you. He seemed to hover very close to you. That sometimes tells me the person was a close relative. He seemed a bit stoop shoulder like he worked hard all his life. He reminded me of Buddy Ebson. :D

I am having a hard time picking up on what you look like. Somehow I picture you dressed in what most would consider old fashioned. Do you wear a lot of dresses? Do you wear your hair pulled up? Perhaps in a bun? I can't help thinking you and I have met somewhere on another internet forum. You aren't a member of TMB are you? I'm probably wrong about all this, but I feel a very strong I-know-you-from-somewhere connection to you.

I like your idea of asking those I dream about to come and make their message clear. I will try that!

OMG, you are describing my father-in-law very accurately. white hair that was wavy, stoop shoulder especially in the last year of his life. He developed cancer and died within a few months. I have wondered if he is around me. Just a recurrent thought I had. I will try to meditate and sense him and ask what he wants. He is the one I said I thought inserted himself in my dream the other night. I wondered if he would stick around because he was very clingy to my husband, had a hard time letting him go. In fact, he never did let him go completely. I was close to divorcing my hubby 'cause he was always doing something with his father. His father controlled him and he couldn't see it. I had had enough of it when both my husband's father and uncle died within 3 days of each other. I took that as a sign to stay. Things are better now, but it has not been easy!

I do wear my hair up almost all the time in a pony tail, no bun. I don't wear dresses. I'm a tomboy too.

That's so cool you feel like you know me. Maybe we are soul friends. What is TMB? I don't think I'm on there. I'm on ex-Christian dot net. You wouldn't perhaps be Deva from there? LOL I think she is from Pennsylvania.

That's so cool you feel like you know me. Maybe we are soul friends. What is TMB? I don't think I'm on there. I'm on ex-Christian dot net. You wouldn't perhaps be Deva from there? LOL I think she is from Pennsylvania.

TMB/Truth Message Boards forum is the Christian cult I grew up in. Most everyone on the forum is an ex. No, I am not on ex-Christian dot net.

I don't know why I didn't say you wear your hair in a pony tail as that is what I saw at first. I went with the bun because a lot of ex TMB'ers still wear dresses and their hair in a bun as they were required to do when part of the church. It's what they are comfortable with.

The cult I grew up in is known as the 2 by 2's, the church with no name, the Cooneyites.

What about Marlene Winell's Leaving the Fold group?

Never heard of her. I did just google though. :D

I was never a believer. I tried to embrace Christianity many years later when my children were born, but couldn't bring myself to believe. So, there wasn't much for me to work through although I did go through a bit of so-called Christian guilt. I think that's something a person really can't avoid growing up in an overly religious household.

I admit it was hard at times not having something to fall back on. Even as a nonbeliever, there's always that "just in case" in your back pocket. I explored Wicca but all I was doing was trading one god for another(s). I had to force myself to be in a place of believing in nothing without a fail safe. I was a hard thing to do but well worth it.

No matter what paths I explore, I keep coming back to science and Atheism. It fits me. It suits me. I'm content. Can't ask for more.

Hmm, I'm out of forums.

Marlene Winell has a group of ex-Christians who have left destructive religious groups and cults. I'm a former fundamentalist Christian and there were others there from different cults. She has written the book "Leaving the Fold" to help people understand the process of leaving a destructive religious groups and coping with the aftereffects.

Sounds interesting. Yes, a lot of damage can be done in the name of religion. It can destroy families. *sigh*

I edited my previous post quite a bit in case you didn't catch it. :)

I think that is great that you are comfortable with your outlook. That is a huge asset, IMO. I tried atheism, but it didn't set well with me. I still believe in a Source, although I'm not exactly sure what this Source is all about. But I'm okay with not knowing. To my way of thinking, Source may be beyond understanding. That's just my take on things and I totally respect your take on things.

Yes, cults and fundamentalism do a lot of damage. It sounds like you have had a really tough time with that. :( I have had bad experiences as well. Marlene has coined the term RTS, religious trauma syndrome. She has a website if you are interested in her at all. They have some stories online and some information about RTS. They have a forum where you can talk with others who have been in similar circumstances, although it costs per month to belong.

As far has having a faith to fall back on, I think the Christian belief is a false belief. They think God will work everything for good. Well, everything isn't good. They have to twist and turn and say, "well, his ways are higher ways" and other cop out answers. I think if they really thought about it, they would have to admit that they wonder what in the heck God is up to. But, hey, they get comfort out of it. What bothers me is when they try to push their faith on others. But I digress. This is a better subject for ex Christian dot net or the religion thread. It just gets me mad when I hear about people who have been abused by these cults. It is abuse of our very soul!

I tried talking to Melvin (my hubby's dad) and getting him to say what he has to say, but I got nothing. Then I realized I am quite angry with him, so that might be stopping the communication ! :P I'll try to cool off and give it another go. I'm kinda mad at him. Does my anger keep him around? I don't know how all that works with spirits.

Well, we'll be gone today. I won't be back until evening and then I'll probably be wiped out from the long day, so I won't be online.

Would you like to exchange emails in a PM? We could be psychic pen pals if you want to be?

I tried talking to Melvin (my hubby's dad) and getting him to say what he has to say, but I got nothing. Then I realized I am quite angry with him, so that might be stopping the communication ! :P I'll try to cool off and give it another go. I'm kinda mad at him. Does my anger keep him around? I don't know how all that works with spirits.

Would you like to exchange emails in a PM? We could be psychic pen pals if you want to be?

In my opinion, acknowledging your anger is a huge step in healing. Perhaps that's why he has been around. He knows he upset you and knows you need to let go of your anger.

Once I started using reiki to heal, thoughts would arise that would stun me. Things I didn't realize I had been carrying with me all these long years. It's important to acknowledge anger and own it to figure out why you are angry. I have talked to my father in my head many many times. My father is still alive but there is a lot of distance between us and a lot of anger on my part that needs worked through. Sometimes I have to say the same things over and over to him till I get it all out and the anger starts lessening.

There have been those in my life that have said that I need to confront my dad and tell him what I feel inside. To them I say, hogwash. That may work for some but it would drive a wedge deeper between my father and I and my father would have no clue where I am coming from in the first place. I refuse to hurt him in order to satisfy something in me. I am working through my anger and pain my way and by golly it's working for me. That's the bottom line.

Your anger is not stopping the communication. It's only getting it started. Talk with your faither-in-law. Yell at him. He's there for a reason. Obviously he cares.

I'd love to talk outside of the forum. I'll pm my email once I figure out how to do so. :D