Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Toyah123

Angels and Spiritual guides..

Hey everyone..

I was wondering if we could have a general discussion on connecting and contacting your angel and spiritual guides.. I would like to experience this, so please can any one give me directions or advice on how to best achieve this..also other people that may want to know about it can also join in...

If you have had an experience, where you have seen or heard from your angel guides, then please share them, and explain how it happened. I am very interested to know :)

Thankyou x

Guest dit_blanc

The following is a purely theoretical perspective based on questions asked through the dowsing process.

To me, psychic faculty, be it Clairaudient, Clairvoyant or other types of Sensitivity comes in two forms: Lower and Higher. The Lower uses the lower three chakras as a means of contact with Nature Spirits, Elementals and deceased human beings while the Higher uses the Higher four chakras and gives contact with Devas, Spirit Guides and ones Higher Self.

The Lower operates by way of the Antahkarana, the chord of Sensitivity, while the Higher operates through the Sutratma, the chord of Consciousness.

Lower access can be induced by personal exercises while Higher access is vouchsafed by those who guide us.

I'm afraid I'm unable to help you with exercises to induce Lower psychic faculty but, should you employ such exercises, please bear in mind the possibility that you will not be contacting knowledgeable entities, and should adjust your expectations accordingly.

Those who have contact through Higher psychic faculty should assume that contact is for a specific purpose and should try to establish a dialogue with the communicating entity rather than assume a purely mechanistic contact over which they should attempt to gain control.

Guest Moopurple

This may turn into an essay. Bear with me :)

I have never experienced anything that I would definitely say is communication or contact with my spirit guides. But one of my best friends has skills way more highly developed than mine. She gets little nudges or something of the sort that she feels. To listen in to what they have to "say", she basically completely tunes out from reality. She blanks her mind completely so that whatever they're telling her is the only thing she hears.

I assume that she learned early on how to do this. For the past few years I have attempted to be able to clear my mind of thoughts. I am completely incapable of doing it. Even with tons of meditation practice.

My ex boyfriend was one of those people who was approached by psychics and told information he didn't even ask for (he was repeatedly told he'd die by 21...he's 25 now. yeesh) and my guess was that he is one of those people that are so unguarded, that anyone with the proper skills can pick up on his thoughts, subconscious fears. He used to meditate a lot and was also capable of completely clearing his mind of all thoughts. He has never had any psychic abilities that he is aware of, but he told me what he thought to be his animal guide would approach him in his visions while he was meditating and just sit there at peace with him.

So, these are the only two people I know who have had visions or been "contacted" by any sort of spirit guide or animal guide. And they are both completely able to clear their mind of all thoughts. So, if you don't already have the skill, then perhaps meditation would help.

The only times I have gotten messages when I wasn't sleeping was when I listened to a song and the lyrics bothered me and made assume some ridiculous things that I later found to be true. I assume that if my spirit guide (or whatever force it may be) were to communicate with me, this and my dreams are the only way they can possibly get through to me. My mind is far too active sometimes and I don't even know how to relax it or how to know whether it is random thoughts or messages until I basically get slapped in the face so to speak. I also keep a huge barrier up a lot of the time.

I guess in conclusion, be open to communication in many forms. What works for one person will not necessarily work for another.

I have been trying to meet mine but I cannot meditate well on my own.

I have tried guided meditations.. They usually are on you tube.

I tend to think they progress too fast though and I cant really be in the moment. Although I did find out something interesting, when in a garden at a gate I may have met my animal guide.. which is a deer.

Not sure if my animal guide is actually a deer though...

Hi Toooyaah! here's my experience on your question:

The first time I saw one of my spirit guides I did a short visualization and asked with faith and peacefulness my main guide to show themselves. A woman with a glowing bright aura appeared in front of me and she had a mind-blowing energy, she cautivated me as her energy was out of this world :)

The following days I started to ask for more signs: Some days after the first encounter I asked my guides mentally "Hey, please bring me a sign that you are here with me" (I did it with much charisma) and immediately I smelled a rose fragrance coming out of nowhere while I was smoking, my jaw dropped down in excitement :D

One day after these two experiences I asked my guides to show me a flower (I did it with faith and with the certainty that it would happen). I first saw a flower fall from a tree in front of me and I told them "I am not convinced yet hahaha"... some minutes after, I was walking and there was an exotic flower on the floor that called my attention, and I told them again "Mmm I still need better proofs lol". Some minutes after, I was teaching my students and suddenly someone knocked at the door, when I opened it I smiled when I saw one of my ex girlfriend's students (who was a co-worker of mine at that time) holding a white flower she had sent me through her student. That day I convinced myself they were always there with me :D

I tried -during that process- asking their names, what their purposes where, who they had been before, what they looked like, etc.... but I was usually insecure of the answers I got therefore I stopped asking, doing visualizations to meet them and made sure myself they were always with me. Now I don't bother to know who they are. I talk to them as if I knew them, ask them what I need with respect, send them kisses, hugs, tell jokes to them as if we were friends on this physical plane and it has worked very well for me. I believe in the future I will know them better but for now just the feeling of their support and love has been enough... so there is no necessity to know who they are but becoming friends with them.

Their help is invaluable in psychic and spiritual development, they know exactly what one needs. My best to you! hope you develop a great relationship with them ;)

Their help is invaluable in psychic and spiritual development, they know exactly what one needs. My best to you! hope you develop a great relationship with them ;)

LOL. I can relate to that 'proof' anecdote! Thanks for sharing.

I think I want to ask the same question that Arma asked about the soul...

Why do they do this? What is in it for the angels and the guides, Villani?

I had the same question for some time, trust me I am enough rebel lol. Can I post a link that explains this topic very well?

If not, I will post my understanding on it ;)

Guest Dot

I agree, Victoria. Why do they? I don't have any idea.

Hi Tooya, Dit, Moo, Cassie, Victoria, Dot, & Villani,

Greetings & Happy New Near.

In the past 8yrs I have had 5 readings, In each reading...loved ones & guides have been with me. (I actually feel they prompt me to get readings...because unless I get an overwhelming desire to do so I do not go on a regular basis).

Loved ones are there for support, contact & to confirm/share their love....guides are there of their choosing but not as attached by affiliation (that I am aware).

The 1st reading had three entities present in the room.

1st my grandmother...understandably as she had passed over 2yrs prior (& as we were very close... had also made a pact with each other if one or the other passed away before the other we would let the other know that we were alright and not to worry) she kept her promise.

The 2nd present....was an Ex-Sister In-Law....who had tragically taken her own life 2yrs earlier....!!!!

The long and the short of it....I didn't think we had a close relationship and there was little to no contact many years before her death....however...my reader insisted she was my second daughters guardian!!!!

(This brought questions to my reader...as to why??? As I felt there was little respect between us....a wave of overwhelming emotion came over me as my reader said..."Yes....and she is sorry...she was wrong and knows how much your are there for her son (My Nephew).

The 3rd was an Ex Co-Worker of mine who also took his own life a year before the reading....he was very supportive of my efforts over my marriage breakdown...(& apparently was swearing abuse at my Ex...which my reader giggled at & would not repeat...just saying...he's not happy with your Ex Darl!!! Then he said have a bourbon for me (His fave Bevvie).

I was not aware of any guardians or guides at this point in time.

My 3rd reading was by someone else...here she immediately went straight to my guide...who'm was apparently a bit of a joker...and tricked the reader into thinking she was a greek princess...then revealed she was like a Japanese Geisha....to counter act my masculine sign and keep my feminine sign dominant???(WTF!)...scuse profanity guys.... ! Still do not know what to make of this.....do not recall any messages here from this so called geisha....but I gave thanks all the same (just in case). (* I was wearing a suit at the time & wondered if the reader picked up on my decision not to wear my leather work belt with it that day cause I thought it looked...too blokey!!)

4th reading...more loved ones...times dates, events etc.

5th reading: Revealed my guide was a male.....and wanted to impress on me to meditate or pray more...open conversation and discussion with him as it was getting to hard and confusing trying to get through via dreams.

(I explained my ineptitude at meditation..to my reader!!) she explained that simple discussion perhaps for 5min every morning was enough to keep open dialoge happening...even if I could not hear/see anything he would show me through signs ie: songs, books, articles, others conversations etc, the answer to those conversations..or acknowledgement of our/my talking to him.

(no animals as guides). Thus far.....

*I often dream of a male...each time different in looks but always taller than me....somehow taking control or guiding me through a particular or tricky scenario always by my side...not in an romantic..or physically attractive way but in a very close non sexual intimate relationship. (sometimes playful...but always respectful).

So this did not seem as much as a surprise as lets say the "Geisha Guide!!".

As for signs for proof of presence...my Grandmother always sent me $20. as far back as I can remember a week before my birthday while she was alive. The year after she died a recall saying to my three daughters dropping them off to school...(.a few days before my B/Day...)"I'm going to shout myself a CD today...cause Gran always sent me money before my B/Day & I'm going to get it as if it's from her!...on the way home after buying my CD...I thought..."& bugger it...I'm going to buy an icecream at the Servo too"!!...just on the spur of the moment....

Pulled into the servo...opened my door...stepped out...only to have a $20. note blown by the wind onto my foot. No cars around...nothing... (I thought..thanks Gran)

Year later....same happened...my girlfriend talked me into going to see a band I didn't particularly want to see...but it was her delayed birthday pressie & we went just before my birthday.

It was not a bad evening...bit cold...& we decided to line up for the restrooms before the crowd merged for home....as we were waiting in the dark outside very poorly lit portable toilets...I decided to bend down...checking out what I thought looked like a ticket under my girlfriends shoe....another $20.note.

There were a few more close related incidences each year...lotto tickets...approx same amount week before birthday...refunds on items....but last birthday cple weeks before my birthday we had my nephews 21st in town....just after all the kisses, hello's...happy birthdays...etc....My partner (at the time) & I approached the bar to get our drinks....I looked down..no apparent reason..$20. note under his shoe!!!!! (even though I foolishly gave him the note to pay for his dinner....& hang on a minute... still ended up paying for his dinner....).

I have won dribs & drabs on my lotto tickets most weeks adding up to approx $150 to date....so consider it made up for...(even if we did break up 3 days before my birthday...win ...win).

So...yeah, I feel very fortunate...like Villani & the three flowers for more than the initial gift sent from the heavens to coin a phrase...but just for presence & support.

I hope these experiences ring a bell....or ignite an event in your life to be as fulfilling as those who have had

them happily occur to us.

(actually I mentioned that I did not feel animals as a guide...but now that I think of it "Butterflies" have featured in my life rather strongly...particularly in the last 2yrs. (there's a story with that one too...but I'm tired of my own voice).

Kindest Regards to all....I enjoyed reading your stories.

Neleh :)

Guest dit_blanc
Why do they do this? What is in it for the angels and the guides?

To be Guides they have to have given up notions of personal gain and ambition and interest themselves only in serving the Will of Deity. They do what they do because it has been recommended to them by those who guide them and because through doing what is recommended they gain in knowledge and qualify themselves for advancement within the spiritual realms. They offer to us what has been offered to them, adjusted to our level of understanding.

"I'm psychic", we cry. "Oh, that's nice, dear, what are you using it for?"

"Er ... um, I want to meet my spirit guide". "What for, dear?" "Oh, to have a chat; find my soul mate; get career advice; get a nice warm feeling of success."

"Then what, dear?" "Dunno, whatever."

The point is that, IMO, psychic faculty is not given us as a reward for being nice people: it's given us in the hope that we will discover our true purpose within the Divine Plan and actively play our part in it's fulfilment.

We are all being prepared for higher service of one kind or another and although treating our psychic faculties as a curiosity is valuable initially, a time must come when we realise it is simply another part of our sensory system and use it, as we would any other sense, for the purpose for which it's intended.

When we get to the point where we have some idea of what our future holds (in terms of service) we find it's far more interesting than any form of pursuit the human intellect can devise. We see the prospect that our positive emotional desires can be turned into Virtuosity as a form of service (pleasure on steroids) and learn of our intended, purely mental, involvement in projects of which we had no previous inkling.

Neleh, perhaps next time you visit medium number 5, you'll remember to ask your Guide what the $20 notes is all about. B)

"Service to others"....I am good with that.

*Dit....I don't need to ask "What they ($20. notes) were for.....It was always....almost...nearly my Birth Anniversary Date:lol:....is that not enough^_^????....clearly I am the only one who thinks that being a simpleton is not Necessarily a bad thing! LOL... :P

And I also ask if there are any questions I should ask...?

AAand!! always pray before going into a reading...because as I said I do not go because I want to see if I'm going to win a million dollars or if the hot guy at the bus stop thought I was cute...& will he ask me out next time?...La La La..Yada Yada....I go when I feel I am not able to focus on the issue at hand and there are ...shall we say impending..if not nagging feelings of change that I need to address.

It had never been so important as it was last year when I had ovewhelming intuition for dangers I was being exposed to.....my 2nd to last reading confirmed my intuition...(or probably Psychic ability was spot on......& totally the reason why I looked up UPG & joined)...but needed confirmation....to be then backed up with proof....so I undertook the necessary steps to prove it...& I was right.

The very last reading Spirit made it quite clear that he had kicked useless baggage to the kerb....and was dismissive of him. Asking me to focus on study, teaching. & healing...not to give up...because this year I needed to believe in myself more than ever & follow my bliss...as it will all be happening quite soon...not to lose hope and NOT allow others to put me back in my box. (Confidence can be a curse!)

SSSsssooooo......we shall see....watch this space?

(Year of the Dragon!!!! Yippeeee....I was getting all excited....when my Bestie looked at me quite sternly and said..."You do realize that the Chinese year doesn't start til the 26th.....:huh:!!! That would account for the speeding fine on New Years Day...when I was high on life thinking everything was just GRAND!!!):o

(ok....ok....just a few more sleeps...two more weeks...!).;)

Nighty all.

Neleh :)

Hey Tooyah...I've just seen your post and subsequent responses. A few minutes ago I posted "Spirit Guides?". I should have put it here instead. If you are interested in a current story about guides, please read my post (type "Spirit Guides?" in the search bar)... I'd love to hear what you think :-)