Universal Psychic Guild Forum
eso

Do you trust your first reading?

Hello dear members,

So, how is it for you: do you always trust your first reading? Sometimes it makes sense what I see in the cards, and sometimes it really doesn't. How do you handle such situation?

Edited by Victoria
Forbidden link removed

Hi Eso, I have not yet done a reading...I have pre-written a reading for a gentleman on here and am awaiting his request...until then, I will not know how close I am to the mark. However...if I'm way off...it will be hard not to take it that this is not where my gifts lay. And risk being labelled a fake!

So on this note...watch this space. :) Kindest Regards Neleh.

Eso, I'm not sure, I think it depends.

When i feel I am most connected to my intuition/self then I feel that can be pretty spot on in the first reading, especially if it's purely from an intuitive level without tools. But yeah I think I trust my first reading when I feel I'm coming from a fresh place. I think my intuition is at it's clearest when my thinking mind hasn't gotten involved yet.

When i'm distracted and haven't meditated in a long time and expect something from myself or the reading then my first reading can be off. Most times my readings start making less sense the longer I try to read during a clairvoyant reading. I just get tired and and then my thinking mind takes over. But that was back in the day, i've been out of it for almost two years so I'm a bit rusty. :lol: We'll see what my new habits are but that's what i can think of right off the bat. I think for my tarot card readings I'm not sure, again I think if I'm rusty and begin to think too much I may not speak from a deeper intuitive place, so maybe the first readings are not as accurate. That's why practice sessions are so important and helpful. Can't expect much from a workout without a proper warm up! :D So for cards I'm learning now that I shouldn't rush through it, that I should sleep on it if I have to before giving my final answer (especially if its a written one, when the reader is present and can speak and thoughts flow easier with the person present). For clairvoyant readings I've learned I shouldn't focus longer than 30 min, I just don't have the stamina.

Have you sensed a pattern in why some of your first readings are not as accurate?

Oh, and Welcome to the Guild Eso :)

Hi Eso,

Have done my first reading and was surprised to see approx 70% on the mark, I think Chilli has a point about allowing the thinking mind to get in the way of intuition.

My thinking mind tried to assess what may or may not be logical after seeing his photo...but before I saw a picture I already had most of the correct information.

It is also tempting to read the profile for clues and not trust the ....how did Yoda say it...'Trust the force Luke...use the Force!" ...LOL

Anyway...has been very interesting.

Neleh :)

I find the more I practice the accuracy increases, I have not been doing alot so am not as confident as I use to be. I don't actually interpret cards based on the books meaning, I look around in the description for keywords and feel for what stands out. Then I'll weave together what I feel it all means, sometimes if the question is very direct it's useful. If the card answers back very directly/specifically that is good. Actually if you focuse on your third eye during this I feel it gives more accuracy as well.

what i see my friend, who is really good at tarot, does is she would tune in to the cards first once she has the spread facing up. if she's not getting any information it may just be a minor setback so she re shuttle the cards.