Universal Psychic Guild Forum
Victoria

Inspirational Reminder

Seems to me this desire to "have" or "keep" is analogous to the "original sin", which is the basis for civilization itself. People decided not to die in famines (ice ages, etc), and this is like the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil - "evil" being nature's way of limiting population of organisms by natural events like climate changes, droughts, and such. Bodies died. "Good" being what looked good - to "keep" living. Before this, humans understood what life really is and so they never worried about "death". Then a whole range of human-designed "good" and "bad" emerges. People became "self" aware and decided to hedge against nature by storing food, and eventually by mono-cropping "food" plants. They started "farming" animals as "food". Originally, people were mobile and didn't exploit other beings like this. The result was what we see around in civilization today. They "fell" from "grace". They ran from "death" (and thus, life). They began having ideas about conquering nature with technology. Earth has other ways. Technology that denies life is a hoax and a "dead end". Some people now want to merge with dead matter (machines) and "live forever", which is illogical. The slideshow is merely addressing some of the symptoms we see in people after some time of believing in what can never be. In fact, of course, the "emptiness" described is the only "fullness" that is real.

- Sascha

Seems to me this desire to "have" or "keep" is analogous to the "original sin", which is the basis for civilization itself. People decided not to die in famines (ice ages, etc), and this is like the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil - "evil" being nature's way of limiting population of organisms by natural events like climate changes, droughts, and such. Bodies died. "Good" being what looked good - to "keep" living. Before this, humans understood what life really is and so they never worried about "death". Then a whole range of human-designed "good" and "bad" emerges. People became "self" aware and decided to hedge against nature by storing food, and eventually by mono-cropping "food" plants. They started "farming" animals as "food". Originally, people were mobile and didn't exploit other beings like this. The result was what we see around in civilization today. They "fell" from "grace". They ran from "death" (and thus, life). They began having ideas about conquering nature with technology. Earth has other ways. Technology that denies life is a hoax and a "dead end". Some people now want to merge with dead matter (machines) and "live forever", which is illogical. The slideshow is merely addressing some of the symptoms we see in people after some time of believing in what can never be. In fact, of course, the "emptiness" described is the only "fullness" that is real.

- Sascha

Thank you for sharing your perception of the slideshow Sascha, it's always enlightening to read another point of view on something.

Yes, I can see your point about the desire to live forever. From time to time the notion of eternal life seduces me away from rationality; but then I think how tired I'd become! I already get sensory overload from life. Living forever would seem like some Kafka-ish version of Groundhog Day. And I am appalled by the processes of intensive farming and mining.

I don't see machines as "dead matter", though. I think many metals are vibrant and energising... the shiny surfaces, the sharp angles, the solidity of it... this makes me visualise Transformers!

21821.jpg

And my interpretation of the slideshow differs, too: since I am going through another cycle of "getting rid of stuff" I found it a confirmation that I am indeed discarding the old to make way for the new! That sort of emptiness makes me feel liberated.

I found that slideshow in an old folder called "miscellaneous" on one of my email sites -- must have saved it years ago! Finding it was a message from the Universe for me.

Thank you for sharing your perception of the slideshow Sascha, it's always enlightening to read another point of view on something.

Yes, I can see your point about the desire to live forever.

People have invented this desire because they lost their understanding of what life is. Life doesn't end - only their understanding did. Looking at Life as "life" and "death" as "not life" is a strange dualism. Something like thinking a day is only just "daytime" and not to include "night". Imagine trying to conquer "night", to "defeat" night.

I don't see machines as "dead matter", though. I think many are vibrant and energising... the shiny surfaces, the sharp angles, the solidity of it... this makes me visualise Transformers!

21821.jpg

"Transformers" are a construct of media psychologists designed to foster this industrial civilization idea of humans merging with machines. But really, consciousness is a product of nature. Human consciousness exists in the realm of Earth consciousness, of all life on Earth. Our human form interacts (receives, translates) with this, as do the other forms of life on Earth. Like Earth, our larger consciousness extends beyond the physical planet. What we call "individual" consciousness is more like just individual reception of one large consciousness. Since humanity doesn't understand this large consciousness, it will not build machines that can receive it. Humanity merely builds machines it can attach illusory thoughts to, associations, assumptions, and such. Not understanding Life, humanity takes these illusions as meaningful. But the whole idea is actually a denial, a working against nature and life. The "fall" of humanity was the starting point of that, when people decided what was "good" and what was therefore "evil", and lost sight of the one-ness behind all that. Technology that assumes any normal function of a living being weakens that being, so if we were to use crutches and wheelchairs all the time, we'd lose our ability to walk. Phones did this with ESP. Computers and software do ti with thinking. Cars atrophy our walking. TV atrophies attention and perception. But only when we interact with them. Otherwise, machines are dead and pointless, like a blender sitting alone in the forest. It cannot interact with life, cannot adapt, has no consciousness or intelligence.

- Sascha