Universal Psychic Guild Forum
fooze

Readings from a non-psychic

Welcome to my readings thread.

I am offering readings, with a twist. You may be aware I am outspoken in my disbelief of psychic phenomena, and that I propose alternative explanations for the same. I think it's time I put my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

I will be using my knowledge of cold reading, the Forer Effect and many types of cognitive bias to simulate a psychic reading. The way this will work is I will ask you to concentrate on a topic that you would like read. While concentrating, post in this thread to let me know you would like to be read.

After you have posted, I will find a random image from the internet and post it here, along with a short reading. I request that if you ask for a reading, you provide a follow up post to let me know how accurate my reading was.

I am also hoping this thread will generate some discussion about the techniques I will be using.

Please note, all readings will be serious and thoughtful in their nature. My goal here is not to mock psychics, but show how a similar healing, insightful process can take place while using a natural, reproducible methodology.

Guest Moopurple

Wonderful!

I have a specific topic in mind. Please do a reading for me :)

Count me in!

Concentrate on a topic, but do not tell you about it?

Thank you for the interest! I will need some time to prepare my readings, so I ask that further requests for readings be held onto until I have completed them. I expect this will be later today.

Kai, at the moment I am trialling readings without knowing what I am reading for. This is to see if I can generate a type of reading that is applicable to any situation. Did you make your request for a reading with a particular subject in mind?

Moopurple:

eagleshark.jpg

This image brings to mind triumph over a difficult challenge. The shark represents fear, swimming beneath the surface of your mind. You carry fears like this with you. Sometimes they may seem like a prize, and you cling to them. Fears have a way of making you feel like you need them, making it difficult to let go.

As this image is a photoshop, it tells me this is a fear of your own creation. Although you have created and carried this fear with you, you are still able to fly.

Kai:

britney1.gif

Here we see Britney sporting glasses with clear, orange and dark tinted lenses. This picture tells me you have a number of ways of looking at, or filtering the information regarding your issue. Each type of lens will bring its own colouring as to how you make this decision. Cool, bright or clear viewpoints have their strengths and weaknesses, and it is important you try each on to get a better picture of this situation.

Don't forget that every lens is imperfect, but a lens is required for you to focus on this issue, as it involves taking other people's feelings or needs into account.

aprilamise:

dumpster.jpg

At first glance the symbolism of a dumpster seems a bit on the nose, but like the Death card in tarot, its meaning is a little more subtle. The dumpster is there to remind you of the things you have thrown away, the opportunities you may miss and the relationships that can be salvaged. It may be time for you to cast off something which you have held onto for a long time and no longer serves you positively. It may also represent something that you have let go, but may be in an intermediary stage before being lost to you forever. If this is the case, salvaging this thing may be an unpleasant endeavour, but worth diving in for.

The dumpster also reminds us that the things we let go often end up somewhere else, and may be useful to others or reborn into something else. And finally, things that you value now and can't imagine living without may end up here someday.

These images were taken from www dot randomimage dot us, but I am not going to link to it because some of the images there are not suitable for linking from this forum.

Guest Moopurple

Moopurple:

eagleshark.jpg

This image brings to mind triumph over a difficult challenge. The shark represents fear, swimming beneath the surface of your mind. You carry fears like this with you. Sometimes they may seem like a prize, and you cling to them. Fears have a way of making you feel like you need them, making it difficult to let go.

As this image is a photoshop, it tells me this is a fear of your own creation. Although you have created and carried this fear with you, you are still able to fly.

ahahaha. These were divine.

The topic I was thinking about was the money issue I'll have while starting at a new university in fall. And I suppose that is a fear, but not really the type you're talking about here (at least in my opinion).

Though in general, I guess some of this applies to me. I do have fears, I do hold onto said fears (but not like a prize...I have been working hard to overcome them lately), and certainly some of them are created. I'm not sure what you mean by triumph. Have I triumphed over these fears without overcoming them? That doesn't apply. But I have triumphed over some fears that I've let go of.

Fooze, I think you might be psychic. ;)

[Can I start discussing your methods now?]

To be shared later on...

I look forward to seeing how the other readings might apply to people.

aprilamise:

dumpster.jpg

At first glance the symbolism of a dumpster seems a bit on the nose, but like the Death card in tarot, its meaning is a little more subtle. The dumpster is there to remind you of the things you have thrown away, the opportunities you may miss and the relationships that can be salvaged. It may be time for you to cast off something which you have held onto for a long time and no longer serves you positively. It may also represent something that you have let go, but may be in an intermediary stage before being lost to you forever. If this is the case, salvaging this thing may be an unpleasant endeavour, but worth diving in for.

The dumpster also reminds us that the things we let go often end up somewhere else, and may be useful to others or reborn into something else. And finally, things that you value now and can't imagine living without may end up here someday.

These images were taken from www dot randomimage dot us, but I am not going to link to it because some of the images there are not suitable for linking from this forum.

omg your right on. i'm holding to too much anger and hate for some people.

you are good :angel:

Kai:

britney1.gif

Here we see Britney sporting glasses with clear, orange and dark tinted lenses. This picture tells me you have a number of ways of looking at, or filtering the information regarding your issue. Each type of lens will bring its own colouring as to how you make this decision. Cool, bright or clear viewpoints have their strengths and weaknesses, and it is important you try each on to get a better picture of this situation.

Don't forget that every lens is imperfect, but a lens is required for you to focus on this issue, as it involves taking other people's feelings or needs into account.

Hahaha I got a real kick out of this!

What I was thinking about when I posted for the reading was my workplace. That description, while well put together, really doesn't relate to how I feel about that issue at all, or help me figure out what I should do in the future. I have a very clear perspective about it, I'm not really confused or taking different perspectives.

However, and I think this really gets to your point, if someone else had given me this reading, and I believed it to be genuine, I would say that the reading got mixed up, and was actually talking about my perspectives on relationships. The reading would fit with that perspective very well, as I have many conflicting ideas about that in my head and heart at this time.

So I think I see your point, in a way the recipient creates the reading to be true in their own mind, not necessarily that the psychic had clairvoyant insight. Is that what you were trying to point out?

Guest Angel C

Hey Fooze, you still posting.

I havent read all of the replies but last time I was on I read your first "cold reading" and yeh maybe your as good as some people on here, but wow I saw a proper old fashioned gypsy a few weeks ago, she didnt cold read. I sat down she stared at my palm and told me about 5 or 6 things, most of which have already come true!!!!!! can you do that? I

Guest Moopurple

Curious...Angel, did you finish what you were writing? There is a lone "I" floating at the end.

I would like to discuss this further, but it seems Fooze forgot about it?

Guest Angel C

Oh I dont know moopurple, I cant remember was a while ago. But there was no way that this woman was using any tricks or previously knew anything about me. I gave absolutely nothing away, she just stared at my palm so wasnt reading my body language, and had no way of knowing anything about me. What she told me were future things, but she knew I had just recently split up from a relationship. It was not generic stuff that she told me, it was quite specific and quite a bit has either already came true or definately seems to be doing so!

She didnt flower anything up or add anything in, just told me what she got straight, it was absolutely nothing like the type of reading fooze was doing here. :D

And oh, she certainly didnt use any photos off the internet!!!!!!!!!!!